PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Game

guygoi
Nov 19, 2006, 07:59 AM
Some questions...:

1- How long it takes you to level to max (online mode, of course) ?
2- What is this game "Endgame" ?
3- Xbox 360 server have lag? any?
4- What kind of Action RPG is this game? I mean, other Action RPG's online have not monthly fee, but this one yes.
5- How often does Sega add New Content to the game? (I'm talking about Xbox 360 version)
6- If you have to compare the gameplay of this game to other, which would be?
7- How big is the World (online mode) ?
8- What is the difference between XBox 360 and PC/PS2 versions, besides the resolution is bigger at Xbox version. They're the same game, with same story, same items and same characters?
9- How many skills does each Class have?
10- You can raise and customise the stats of your character, right?

Well, for now that's all. Btw, all these questions are related the ONLINE game, not the offline.

Thanks all!

Miyoko
Nov 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
1- Depends if you're a power gamer or not. I'm currently at 120 hours, and only at Lv25. I'm sure there's people who could reach 50 in that time. The level cap has been raised numerous times already, though, so there's no definate answer to this question yet.

2- Don't concern yourself with "endgame" -- it'll take you much longer to reach the level cap in this than other games. Hence, be more concerned with the "whole game". That being said, endgame is likely just like the rest of the game...

3- Can't answer you here.

4- Uhm... It's sorta like zelda style combat, if that's what you're asking? >_>

5- Every 2 weeks. Though it's debatable weather or not they're actually adding content.

6- It really doesn't play like other games out there. Personally, I think it's best compared to Dynasty Warriors, in terms of combat.

7- Decently big. Still growing. This one's hard to answer, due to content being locked / released.

8- Different servers. That's about it. Oh, and Xbox players can play with JP players...

9- If by skills, you mean Photon Arts (special attacks) -- I think the grand total is 36 for hunters/forces, 52(?) for rangers...

10- Well, obviously you can raise your stats. Stat customization is automatic, and dependant on your class(7), race(4), and gender(2, duh).

Maskim
Nov 19, 2006, 08:10 AM
On 2006-11-19 05:07, Miyoko wrote:

6- It really doesn't play like other games out there. Personally, I think it's best compared to Dynasty Warriors, in terms of combat.

PA's are great and all, but that's what I want. I want my musou. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Miyoko
Nov 19, 2006, 08:12 AM
On 2006-11-19 05:10, Maskim wrote:

PA's are great and all, but that's what I want. I want my musou. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

.... zomg... Nanoblast / SUV = musou! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

guygoi
Nov 19, 2006, 08:13 AM
Okay. thanks alot.

anyway, is not too clear the skills question... I mean, when you get Photon Arts? And, if for example, you're max level and have ALL special attacks unlocked, how do you do them? there's a macro or a buttom to display all your Photon Arts?

Thanks

Miyoko
Nov 19, 2006, 08:17 AM
You buy your photon arts, or you can earn them from missions (I think). You can only have 36 photon arts at any time, so you can never have every photon art in the game. Different photon arts can only be attached to specific things (ie. you can only use saber photon arts on, well, sabers). There's a list to tell you which PA's you have, but you can only have one PA per weapon at any given time (unless you're using technique (spell) pa's ,then you can have 2-4 on a weapon).

Furthermore, the more you use a PA, the stronger it becomes. As you level up your PA, you'll find that it deals more damage, and can perform larger combos. Check out the photon arts section here on PSOworld, as well as psupedia.org for more info...

monkey50
Nov 19, 2006, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know whether there will be an update for offline mode(extra mode) too?

Mwabwetumba
Nov 19, 2006, 09:26 AM
Possibly with the expansions.

monkey50
Nov 19, 2006, 09:35 AM
My Jirah casthunter is lvl 100 and the only thing that makes me want to play is to get the skill disks and for online mode I donīt have a guardian license. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

monkey50
Nov 19, 2006, 01:56 PM
with which expansion?

Banert
Nov 19, 2006, 02:01 PM
Online I'm level 35 at about 75 hours game time. It varies greatly depending on what you do. If you just grind the same missions over and over (Plains overlord, sleeping warriors, Neudaiz relics), you will max out very quickly. Some people choose to do that, some choose to go all over and do all the missions and have variety.

s for size of the world, it's big, but not in the way you might be thinking (you don't walk from town a to base a). Cities are like hubs right? from there you could do mission a, which leads to lobby a. From there you choose mission b or mission c, which leads to lobbies b and c respectively, which then branch further. As mentioned, every 2 weeks they seem to add more branches to each of the three planets mission webs. (I'm sure someone will map out the webs sooner or later).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-11-19 11:05 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 19, 2006, 02:02 PM
Thereīs bound to be an expantion at some point, seeing as the game is on the PS2.

Kura_Kai
Nov 19, 2006, 02:54 PM
Hey I have to disagree with you on the whole resolution being better on the 360 then the PC/PS2. I am running at max graphics on my pc and I am experiencing very little lag other than from the other people who don't have that great of a connection. Best way to test who has the better connection move in between blocks at the same time and see who is at the next one first. But other than that my pc is doing much better the 360 on every game.