PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide

DonRoyale
Nov 19, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm not really sure anymore. I'd like to know what character I should use.

Shadow, Newman Force
Pros:
-Does most damage
-Highest Level

Cons:
-Wastes most money
-Lowest HP and defense
-Goes through PP like water

Drake, Human Hunter
Pros:
None

Cons:
None

Hagane, Cast Ranger
Pros:
-Easy to raise

Cons:
-Incomplete, and I need to save up my cash
-Weak

Igneous, Cast Hunter
Pros:
-Looks cool =D
-Strong
-Doesn't waste too much money

Cons:
-Incomplete

AlMcFly
Nov 19, 2006, 01:56 PM
Ooor do like everyone else and play more than one character. Why limit yourself to just one?

DonRoyale
Nov 19, 2006, 01:58 PM
See, what I want to do is select one character to level up at a time.

What happens is if I raise all four at once, it burns my Meseta, and I need to save it up. (For those who want to know, I plan to open up a shop.)

Thanks for the input so far, guys. I appreciate it.

Gamemako
Nov 19, 2006, 02:02 PM
Everybody wants you to be like them -- another CAST hunter. You should focus on what YOU want to do, not what everyone else wants you to do. Nobody can really tell you what you want. Try things out and decide for yourself.

EphekZ
Nov 19, 2006, 02:04 PM
you forgot the option that says "why are you asking us? it's your own fucking preference."

AeraLure
Nov 19, 2006, 03:23 PM
Honestly, I'd also have to say choose the one you want to play as. They're all good when raised to a sufficient level and equipped decently. They are all developed almost equally since a level 10 is hardly much further along than a level 5-6. They are all going to take a little work to get to level 20 no matter which you choose. Once you get to level 15-20 on one of them, their options as a character opens up much more.

I can tell you as a primary Force that PP charage costs are pretty much negligible. I can nearly empty a full set of six weapons if it comes to that, while soloing, and come out way ahead on the bonus for S rank alone, setting aside all the pickups along the way. In a group, depending on how that goes in terms of item distribution method and number of players, you'll likely at least break even but have the experience and some drops to make up for the time invested.

Guess my point is any character you listed there at the levels they are now will seem costly and maybe a little tough or slow to get going at first. The point is to stick with one (or develop several - its just that will take longer obviously to have a couple optimal characters) and it will pay off. That being the case, you really are simply better off choosing the one you seem to enjoy the most and trusting that earnings will become better down the road.

Zarbolord
Nov 19, 2006, 03:29 PM
And you forgot hit Zarbolord and Saner with a flyswatter option http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2006-11-19 12:42 ]</font>

Pandatron
Nov 19, 2006, 03:40 PM
Make life simple. Go on to PSU right now and type in /dice. If you get a 5 or 6 re-roll 1-4 can be the according numbers, then simply power level that character in that slot ^_^. I dub it simple silly system.