PDA

View Full Version : Nanoblasts?

Ryralane
Nov 19, 2006, 02:28 PM
What are the diffrent types of Nanoblasts? I'm going to make a Beast as soon as I get PSU, and I was wondering which one I should get (because I've previously read that it's 10,000 meseta per tattoo, and I don't want to get one I don't like.

JohnBerserker
Nov 19, 2006, 02:30 PM
i dont know much about beasts, but in offline mode, 10k isnt that much. dont know anything about online either so sorry if this info is completely useless to u.

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 02:54 PM
Is is useless saddly =p Extra mode drops money like candy, level 10 mobs dropping 500m and stuff. Online you're lucky to get 40m

As for the Nano's though, they're all good just in differant ways. Speed does average damage but evades a lot and will never miss from what I've seen. Power does high damage, but that's it. Defense does average damage but takes very very little damage. Since your DEF is so high you get 0's which are better then evades IMO.. since they don't stop your combo. Invul is ehh.

Zarbolord
Nov 19, 2006, 02:56 PM
How many types of tattoo are there?

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 02:59 PM
5 total, but that's debatable. Power, Speed, Defense, Invul, None. And yes you have to pay to get none, which is why I counted it.

I used to use Power all the time but I switched to Defense because of the Build a Bear mobs. Normally when they spin they knock you back, but in nano form you can't be knocked back. So if you're in the middle of a combo.. ouch! I went from full health to 10 hp in like 3 seconds on A mode. While the guy in defense took like 50 damage total.

Zarbolord
Nov 19, 2006, 03:01 PM
Good, thx. So what would you tell me to use if I'm gonna use a wartecher beasteal?

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 03:09 PM
That's the Force/Hunter combo? I wouldn't do power because you would lose the ability to heal yourself to 55 seconds and mobs in A mode can hit pretty hard, even more so if you're playing a class with lower DEF/HP.

I might suggest Speed since it plays into the favor of the high EVA that forces tend to get. It'll skyrocket your EVA so you'll dodge a lot, and you won't miss at all if you're ATA Is lacking. Defense is another option, it'll do the same damage as speed but you'll take a lot less damage then normal.

Invuls nifty, but it only lasts 30 (35?) seconds, so 20 seconds less then all the other nano's but you become god and nothing can touch you. Your damage isn't that high though.

You could do power, but I would only suggest that if you have other people in the group that can heal you. Since they take the most damage out of all the nano's (since all the other nano's have some form of mitigation).

Nothing wrong with trying a few out to see which you like, I've tried them all out but Invul (not my style). It does take awhile to charge it up though, it's based on the damage you do (or take) compared to the HP% of the enemy. So a 50 against level 10 mobs will charge their nanao in no time. But a 50 on a 45 mob will take quite some time to build it up. If you do good damage you can expect to get your nano at *least* two times in a mission. 3 at the most. 0-1 at least. If you get 0 though, you're doing something very wrong!

I tend to save mine when I get it for certain locations on the map that I know the extra punch will help, or a bad mob spawn. Like getting 10 build a Bear mobs in a single spawn location! (4 at first and everytime you kill one another one appears).

Zarbolord
Nov 19, 2006, 03:16 PM
Another question, what changes the colour of your transformation? I don't wanna mess up my beasteal, although she'll be my third character, she's one of my favorites http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 03:20 PM
Power is Red
Defense is Dark Purple
Speed is yellow
Invul is blue.

All nano's have a aura of power radiating off of them too, the color whatever you happen to be. Female beasts have the best nano attacks imo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Lots and jumps and flips. And her special attack is this backflip which knocks the mobs down as she lands on all fours and then pounces on top of them for knockback.

Zarbolord
Nov 19, 2006, 03:23 PM
SO defence or speed? Hmmm, I need to check out what I'll do with her, as I don't know what spells to focus on (I'm thinking of megid/zonde spells, so purple and yellow would fit). Ok, thx a lot, i just need to think this over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maskim
Nov 19, 2006, 03:32 PM
Another thing I like about my defense nanoblast. I was doing that mission from the underwater lobby, not the endrum one, and the last room where 5 jarba's spawn. Now, I'm just exploring, so I'm not going for S rank yet, and dying isn't too big a deal to me while getting my lay of the land, as once I know it, I can come back and S it.

So, to make a long story short, the jarbas throughout the mission occaisionally got me with Megid. I died a couple times, leaving me with a B rank. Got to the last room, and like 5 Jarba's, and hit my nano. Aside from tearing the Jarbas limb from limb, what I REALLY dug about this was that when the Megid missed, it missed (like normal, it hits you, you don't die, then you go 'whew' with a sigh of relief), however, when it DID hit me..I didn't die. A nominal, yet higher than normal for defense mode, number of damage was inlicted insted of instant death.

Anyone else test this, as it worked on another run through as well, I'm wanting to see if it's real, or I'm just tripping.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 19, 2006, 03:32 PM
Everything else but power is Useless =/. As long as your not a noob at using it you Wont die.

Zarbolord
Nov 19, 2006, 03:36 PM
Sounds cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 03:37 PM
Defense raises your magic defense to the best of my knowledge, so yea you will take less spell damage.

I wouldn't say that MakaVeli. In any of the forms your damage is pretty high, it's just slightly higher in Power mode but you have to rely on everyone else when/if you do take damage. Places like Fanatics A when you kill mobs they blow up for 200-300 damage. That might not seem like much until you find out you just killed 3 robots and you're standing next to all of them, boom goes almost all your health.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-11-19 12:38 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 19, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-11-19 12:32, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
Everything else but power is Useless =/. As long as your not a noob at using it you Wont die.

If they are useless, then why did the developers waste the time to code and implement them into the game, instead of just one nanoblast?

Answer: They're not useless at all, they just don't mesh with your play style as well as the one you've found that you prefer.

Arieta
Nov 19, 2006, 03:46 PM
That pretty much sums it up there. Differant play style means you'll tend to favor a certain kind of nano. I used to use power all the time, but I'm having fun with defense at the moment <3 seeing nothing but 0's while I beat them down.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 19, 2006, 04:29 PM
Yea every nanoblast is useless to power, when all you do is B or C de ragan, when S rank missions come out and things can 2 shot hunters im gonna take defense over power