PDA

View Full Version : Game going slow?

Carnage781
Nov 19, 2006, 05:05 PM
I just loaded my game, but when i use my common box, look at my shop, go to player rooms, switch planets, leave my room etc, the game run super slow, no scratches on my discs, no cracks, nothin, my other games work fine, anyone else have this p[roblem?

AeraLure
Nov 19, 2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah, the game is just running a bit slower than usual - pretty much since the recent update actually I have been noticing lag issues that were not present before said update. Hope it gets addressed soon. I notice it mostly during weapon switching, sometimes during common box usage, all the time when logging on and trying to go to my room the first time (I hear the sound for a yes/no option a second or two before the highlight actually arrives there). Sometimes its present during gameplay and sometimes not (actual game slowdown), but the most annoying thing when it happens is lag on weapon switch. Its not all the time. I'm on the PC.

Carnage781
Nov 19, 2006, 05:16 PM
oh, good to know im not the only one

Ravennittes
Nov 19, 2006, 05:17 PM
On my 360, this happens only when in a big party on a filled server with everyone using PA's against a somewhat large amount of enemies.

BioWarrior
Nov 19, 2006, 06:01 PM
I think I read somewhere its just a problem with the patch.... and I'm on PC and have problems too... I can be in a hallway with no combat and have slowdown so bad its unplayable, then when I go to a wide open space with tech spam and skill spam its fine.

MayLee
Nov 19, 2006, 06:09 PM
Things like this will happen, remember the PSO ep 1 and two days?

When everyone fired off magic, it was so laggy

Mystil
Nov 19, 2006, 06:23 PM
I dont like how there is lag between zoning. Sometimes I sit at the "Block #" screen for 30 seconds.

Celestial
Nov 19, 2006, 06:27 PM
im on PC and have not had any problems what so ever... maybe update your RAM?

360 i have no advice for sadly enough

Schubalts
Nov 19, 2006, 06:36 PM
1.5 GB of RAM here. It has to be the patch, as the people talking about the slowdown did not experience this amount of slowdown before the patch.

SpishackCola
Nov 19, 2006, 06:45 PM
Its the patch. Same deal happened on the JP servers stated by the importers.

Celestial
Nov 19, 2006, 06:46 PM
hrmmm weird... maybe becuase i play so late at night that usually there isnt alot of people on thats why i havent had many problems

mogshaz
Nov 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
I have also had this problem. As of now the only way i know of to fix it is to lower your Graphics settings. I changed my textures from normal to uncompressed and that cleared up most of the problem, but i still notice small pockets of slowdown every now and then.

Tay200k
Nov 19, 2006, 06:59 PM
i cant even get online at the moment!!

Mystil
Nov 19, 2006, 07:02 PM
One thing is for sure, if I turn post effects back on, it's PS2 version all over again lol.

Maskim
Nov 19, 2006, 07:20 PM
I, fortunatly, have not experienced this problem. The only lag/slowdown I ever experience is when my wife gets on her game and starts sucking up the bandwidth.

Carnage781
Nov 19, 2006, 09:50 PM
I'm on 360 servers tho...

PMB960
Nov 20, 2006, 01:06 AM
I have stated this in a nother thread but I will put it hear too. The patch causes a memory leak with causes the game to slow way down when you look in a certain direction. the easiest thing to do is to rotate the camera to point in a different direction. This is basically just for Parum though. Moatoob just runs badly in general.

Zaft
Nov 20, 2006, 01:12 AM
I get 0 lag on most any game (including this one after the patch) but I did notice my moms comp took a big hit. The odd thing is, Parum is horribly slow, yet when I go to Moatoob, I have no lag at all (and her computer is DEFINETLY not made for gaming). I play on Universe 1 24/7 btw, so it's not like theres not many players.

Oh well, I got my computer working again, so no worries =)

Handgun
Nov 20, 2006, 01:15 AM
its only because of the update stuff like this usually happens in MMOs goodtime to hack it is after maintence also sega needs to step their keeping people playing skills up cus their gonna lose alot of players this way

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:17 AM
My game was unusually slow today. Everybody was telewalking and even my hits where delayed. I know the ps2 is slow, but jesus it was never this bad. I just assumed it to be server side and dealt with it. It just happened all of a sudden too. I walked away for about 10 mins to get food, came back and hot dayum.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. Who knows.

PMB960
Nov 20, 2006, 02:27 AM
If the hits are lagging that is server side. Sometimes this happens when alot of people join at once, it has nothing to do with the patch. The problem is since there are new missions more people are logging on, the game is running slower because of the patch, and some people are experiencing memory leaks.This will probably happen every time new content is added just because evryone wants to get on to try it.