PDA

View Full Version : Data Program

Kura_Kai
Nov 19, 2006, 06:45 PM
Hey I have been working on a program that is easy to use and can show all the information on items and such from psu. But the problem is that I can't get all the data I need fast enough and I was wondering if you can help me. I need a table done in excel that displays at least on thing like armor or weapons, and it goes through each type of it and tells you the stats and such. And it is going to be saved as a .csv( comma delimited). If anyone wants to help me out on this please fill free to start posting the files and such. It should be done hopefully in 2 weeks or so if i can get the stuff.

Tycho
Nov 19, 2006, 07:17 PM
Heh. You're not the first; this Japanese tool (http://www.geocities.jp/slootusp/) does something similar. You could use its db files (http://www.geocities.jp/slootusp/itemdb_20061022.zip), although you'd need to change the names or something. If there's anything else you'd want to know, just ask.

Kura_Kai
Nov 19, 2006, 07:58 PM
Yea and I can't read Japanese and all the links are broken... It isn't going to be a program designed to be ran while your playing PSU. It is going to be designed to be ran while your not playing PSU.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 19, 2006, 08:25 PM
Cool idea, if it's bandwidth friendly that is. Though looking on psupedia and psow item database isn't hard either. If you could find items quicker and not have to wait for pages to load, I'd use it.

Kura_Kai
Nov 19, 2006, 09:30 PM
I am going to have an easy to use interface where everything is displayed for the item at once, psupedia has item information spread on three or two pages for one item. I am going to try to set up a update server so that it automatically downloads patches/new item info. Though I need a dedicated server for that stuff. Though what would be nice is if I could do it on the psow website. But at the moment it is still in the development stages. During winter break I am going to be wrapping it up hopefully if I can get some people to help me out.