PDA

View Full Version : Dear Moatoob...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 19, 2006, 11:14 PM
STOP THROWING STAGES WITH 100+ WORMS IN THEM AT US!

Seriously. Stop it. You're fucking scaring away all the potential Moatoob campers. People usually don't stay past one or two runs, then they leave the party and planet entirely. If you ask for recon from friends do you know where these people end up? On Parum! Doing De Ragan missions! Seriously. Stop throwing the worms at us. Though they are weaker than the Neudaiz ones; people get day mares of the Neudaiz version when they see these ones. If you want us to get rid of your Dimmagolus problem then compress your soil and kill off some of the worm population. Oh, and throw up some sand and suffocate those desert vultures too. That would help a bit. Though I love that these worms don't knock you over, I do get irritated sometimes when people say they hate the worms and wanna go back to Parum. Chill with the worms already for gods sake.

Sincerely yours,
Seiryu =^o^=

Dragnorok
Nov 19, 2006, 11:30 PM
i hope Moatoob will take ur advice....
P.S. LMAO

VelosofLight
Nov 19, 2006, 11:34 PM
Dear Garnet_Moon,

I believe I speak on behalf of all of Moatoob when I say that we appreciate your concern and interest in our planet. Unfortunately, the situation of these worms is beyond our control. You see, their friends, the Neudaiz worms, give us daymares. Seriously, they scare the freakin' bajeebuz out of us. We're afraid that if we do anything, they'll come over and bite off our genitals. So yeah, deal with it.

With love,
~Moatoob (^w^)

Dhylec
Nov 19, 2006, 11:40 PM
Ah, the worms get no love anywehre, Moatoob or Neudaiz. ;D

VelosofLight
Nov 19, 2006, 11:43 PM
I love 'em all day long. In the face. With my ice-element rifle.

Rainey
Nov 19, 2006, 11:47 PM
lol when I first saw those worms in Moatoob, I thought "oh noes, neudaiz part 2.. >_>;;;" they're so annoying ugh

Sleet_v2
Nov 19, 2006, 11:49 PM
I LOVE Maotoob. It actually is a challenge... I like it.

VelosofLight
Nov 19, 2006, 11:50 PM
With my level 26 Ranger with all B-Rank (Some 4* some 5*) weapons, even the C-Rank missions on Moatoob are pretty hard. I can't always S-Rank 'em.

Choja
Nov 20, 2006, 12:01 AM
They're like tubeworms, except they gnaw off your private parts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif~

Okay, so I loathe them too, as a force anyways. If I do see one, blast head off with bow (I want Freeze Level 4 now ;_;)
Say, does anyone have bug repellent? We're going to need a Bruce-truck load.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 20, 2006, 12:04 AM
Atleast de ragan mission doesnt have worms....

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-11-19 21:04, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

Go away. We're talking about Party Friendly Environments, not solo. My dead grandmother could solo De Ragan A as a level 1. -_-

VanHalen
Nov 20, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-11-19 21:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Go away. We're talking about Party Friendly Environments, not solo. My dead grandmother could solo De Ragan A as a level 1. -_-

my dead parakeet could solo him on A too while using the keyboard and no gamepad

SpishackCola
Nov 20, 2006, 12:10 AM

I beg to differ. You should see his last vet checkup records.

VelosofLight
Nov 20, 2006, 12:39 AM
On 2006-11-19 21:10, SpishackCola wrote:

I beg to differ. You should see his last vet checkup records.

Is that why the De Ragan sounds so funny? Buttworms?

DoubleJG
Nov 20, 2006, 12:42 AM
Dear Moatoob,

I love you.

Genobee
Nov 20, 2006, 12:43 AM
I don't think the worms on Moatoob are half as annoying as the ones on Neudaiz

VelosofLight
Nov 20, 2006, 12:48 AM
On 2006-11-19 21:43, Genobee wrote:
I don't think the worms on Moatoob are half as annoying as the ones on Neudaiz

They're not, but there are three times as many.

Nani-chan
Nov 20, 2006, 01:08 AM
Dear Moatoab and Neudaiz whiners,
invest in a gun with freeze bullets or bring a ranger with them.

If you lack ata and can't use bullets with freeze status then invest in pas that stun, like that free saber PA you get from tutorial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-19 22:10 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 02:03 AM
On 2006-11-19 22:08, Nani-chan wrote:
If you lack ata and can't use bullets with freeze status then invest in pas that stun, like that free saber PA you get from tutorial.

LOL that reminds me. I need to do the tutorial on my Newman for that PA and my NPC trainer.

Lastat27
Nov 20, 2006, 02:14 AM
I'm suprised people even complain about the worms on Moatoob. To me they are a pleasant and most welcome suprise after going through a 15 minute body builder battle.

I always cringe whenever I see a pack of level 45 Vil de Bears that want to pound my ranger hide into dust. The worms? They are easy target practice compared to the Olympic long-jump champions.

Nani-chan
Nov 20, 2006, 02:16 AM
yeah I added that 2nd sentence for the beasts.

Remedy
Nov 20, 2006, 02:17 AM
Dear: Worms

LOL ZONDE

Love, Remedy

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 02:17 AM
I don't know... those worms are pretty notorious for cornering people in corners and horribly gang banging them to death. Happened to my Newman earlier. I laughed at first, and then I cried. I was the last one in the room and the last they would target, but they pushed me into a corner and owned the bejeesus outta me. I don't like those worms for working as a group. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zarbolord
Nov 20, 2006, 02:24 AM
Dear Moatoob

I still need to start a character, but I'm very enthusiastic to come to your deserts and sand valleys. The challenge will be great. See you soon (that's also for all of you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Zarbolord

BloodDragoon
Nov 20, 2006, 02:34 AM
Dear Moatoob

Lapucha Baseball should be your planet's national sport... >.>

Zaft
Nov 20, 2006, 02:36 AM
Holy shit theres a tutorial!? Been playing since day 1 and I never noticed this >_>

Zalana
Nov 20, 2006, 03:09 AM
The Holy Ground ftw!

Pentence
Nov 20, 2006, 04:25 AM
Dear Moatoob,

Your my home world i love you so.With you evil olympic jumpers and spiked stegasours and even yes even your hellspawn worms.They are all greatways to truely test one strength.Also theose worms make great target practice for my pistol and bows.As for the jumpers well they eat zzonde and twin sabers like they are going outa style.

PS: stegasours no match for my def nano blast form spikes do squat

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 04:41 AM
Dear Moatoob,

LOL ZONDE

Zonde is not a spell, it fails. Somwhere in the magic certifcation process sombody got the data for a kids game and some bottle rockets or somthing and it got put in on accident isntead of an all powerfull lightening bolt (that can hit flying things like... bosses) and got this POS that cant even match barta since its about 2/3 the damage area.

Dear Zonde,

I hate you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-20 02:24 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 20, 2006, 04:41 AM
Mmmmm. Shai'hulud...

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2006, 04:50 AM
I love Zonde.

I say that, only to make everyone attack me for liking a spell that I've never used, and everyone really really hates XD

Pentence
Nov 20, 2006, 06:38 AM
On 2006-11-20 01:41, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Dear Moatoob,

LOL ZONDE

Zonde is not a spell, it fails. Somwhere in the magic certifcation process sombody got the data for a kids game and some bottle rockets or somthing and it got put in on accident isntead of an all powerfull lightening bolt (that can hit flying things like... bosses) and got this POS that cant even match barta since its about 2/3 the damage area.

Dear Zonde,

I hate you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-20 02:24 ]</font>

.. i thought this was a sci-fi game and technics were the focusing of photons through the psycic power brought on by the evolved frontal lobe in the brain o.0 maybe i was wrong....

Randomness
Nov 20, 2006, 07:05 AM
The real issue is that half the forces in the game seem ot have never heard of Reverser, and just leave hunters and rangers stuck with lowered stats, paralysis, etc.

Pentence
Nov 20, 2006, 07:16 AM
-----^------ reasons i carry a good supply of star atomizers ,sol,and
----^^----- mates includeing antimates self sufficent here
---^||^----
--^-||-^---
-^--||--^--

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 20, 2006, 07:34 AM
I love Moatoob, and I don't have problems with the worms since they are weaker than the Neudaiz ones and don't always give Jellen when popping up from the ground. C rank Moatoob is really easy except for the Bil De Vears and it gives some good money and job exp if you s rank it, although I feel that a Ranger would need some Hunters on his or her team in order to do it.

Sychosis
Nov 20, 2006, 07:43 AM
On 2006-11-19 23:17, Remedy wrote:

LOL RAZONDE

FIX'D

Polenicus
Nov 20, 2006, 08:43 AM
On 2006-11-19 23:14, Lastat27 wrote:
I'm suprised people even complain about the worms on Moatoob. To me they are a pleasant and most welcome suprise after going through a 15 minute body builder battle.

I always cringe whenever I see a pack of level 45 Vil de Bears that want to pound my ranger hide into dust. The worms? They are easy target practice compared to the Olympic long-jump champions.

It could be worse. They could spit instant-death at you.

At the very least they're not doing that.

... Yet.

Vil de Torr anyone?

Zabot
Nov 20, 2006, 08:53 AM
I dont care what people say, i love all the worms, they are fun, play story mode, they'll grow on ya. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Beck
Nov 20, 2006, 09:04 AM
I was in a party of all 50s doing missions in moatoob and it was still annoying as hell, everyone left after the second run lol.

Moatoob missions are not a challenge they're just annoying to most people, oh well at least is a change of scenery.

Neith
Nov 20, 2006, 09:44 AM
Rising Crush Lv20 + Lightning Element Twin Sabers= pwnt Moatoob worms.

I like Moatoob, but I prefer the scenery in Neudaiz, so I'd prefer to play there. Still, beats lolzDeRaganSpam. I mean, at least do the missions after De Ragan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I think the reason the Moatoob worms are annoying is that you get spawns of 5 or more on occasion, which is a nightmare. Mind, Id rather fight those than Ice-Element Tengohgs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit: Razonde owns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-11-20 06:44 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2006, 09:44 AM
I'll pass on the Twin Sabers. Those weapons don't suit my fancy.

Now, Spears on the other hand.. =X

Neith
Nov 20, 2006, 09:46 AM
Replace Rising Crush with Dus Daggas then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nietzsche
Nov 20, 2006, 10:32 AM
good lord was doing the boss run on moatoob we started off 2 forces a ranger and me (hunter) and we got the board with 100,000 worms on it it was taking us forever..and i burned through 20 antimates even with both forces casting reverser like forever later we finally got to the boss and like 5 peole died without scapes...

all that for a c rank, hopped the first cube back to parum, what's sad is what i had really wanted to do was nudaiz relics last night but no one had any parties open there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Alisha
Nov 20, 2006, 10:37 AM
freeze trap G > worms

Mystil
Nov 20, 2006, 10:38 AM
Moatoob worms don't bother me. They are a pushover. But I DOOOOONT like Goushins. They make me waste PP like no tommorow and I HATE ATK DWN - sometimes I want to punch my screen, hoping the force of impact kill them all. This is annoyingly normal. Always there is atleast two of the most common monsters in a game that use cowardly tactics. Hit and run and make you look like an ass as you swat flies.

Wheatpenny
Nov 20, 2006, 10:52 AM
Hey the worms of moatab LOVE lightning Halberts.A couple of thrust from one o' those.Solves the worm problems real fast!

_Deliverance_
Nov 20, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-11-20 04:05, Randomness wrote:
The real issue is that half the forces in the game seem ot have never heard of Reverser, and just leave hunters and rangers stuck with lowered stats, paralysis, etc.

With all the complaints I've been seeing here, I think it's safe to say that a lot of noobs have trashed my job's rep.

btw, Razonde does not suck on Moatoob or in GoF.

Arieta
Nov 20, 2006, 11:33 AM
From what I've seen, most people don't like moatoob because it's to "hard" compared to the other planets. I guess that happens when you only do De Ragon, one of the easier missions in the game over and over again.

Wheatpenny
Nov 20, 2006, 11:38 AM
The only real thread on Moatoob is those fire breathing things that look like Gremlins on steroids.Just stay behind em and you are just fine.

Aaomi
Nov 20, 2006, 11:46 AM
I love Moatoob ^.^

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 20, 2006, 02:09 PM
I don't particularly mind if Forces don't cast reverser cuz Antimates are pretty common and drop all the time. Resta on the other hand....

Ravennittes
Nov 20, 2006, 02:27 PM
Moatoob has gotta be the hardest (and therefor most fun) planet out there, although, as has been stated, the worms like to coral and rape a single player (preferable the force) into a corner and rape them. Aside from this inevitability, the new boss is probably my favorite mission in the game (?I don't care that it takes 20-40 minutes a run, it's fun as hell). Those are my thoughts of Moatoob.

Ryoki
Nov 20, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-11-19 20:40, Dhylec wrote:
Ah, the worms get no love anywehre, Moatoob or Neudaiz. ;D

I'll love em, once this room dec gets out...
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/7/904/bul_buna/#pic

________
TRX450r (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/TRX450r)

Sexy_Raine
Nov 20, 2006, 04:17 PM
I could care less if they put jellen on me. No enemy in the game right now uses a tech reducing status, to bad for you hunters. when Jellen is released, I will be the one to put it on all the enemies. I hope it's as overpowered as it was in PSO.

Oh, and the war-like music on Moatoob is awesome! Definitely worth having speakers when playing those missions.

Niki
Nov 20, 2006, 04:25 PM
[quote]On 2006-11-20 11:47, Ryoki wrote:
I'll love em, once this room dec gets out...
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/7/904/bul_buna/#pic</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You know, those look remarkably like the vats in the basement area of the Biosystems Lab in PS2. Just when I thought the game couldn't get further from the classic PS feel, they drop this on me.

But, uh, on topic: <3 Rangers.

Schubalts
Nov 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
Only thing I find annoying about Moatoob's worms...they can move while above ground! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 20, 2006, 06:15 PM
So many different ways of thinking here and mannerism. It's kinda refreshing, sorta... i donno. Personally worms just plain annoy me because they are so many of them, they only take so long to take down because they run away, then if you're around when they pop up they lower your attack. Don't look down on anyone just because they don't like a particular monster. And you did De Ragan atleast once so don't look down on Parum farmers. They do what they need to do. Ja ja? For the record, i'm sick of Dragons.... well De Ragunus (that's his english name right?) will be be cool. untill then i'll enjoy fighting NPCs.

zandra117
Nov 20, 2006, 06:49 PM
Maybe if we keep killing the worms we can control their population. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ZiG
Nov 20, 2006, 06:52 PM
Guys, stop hating on the sandworms. The spice must flow...

BloodDragoon
Nov 20, 2006, 07:12 PM
Sandworm problem? simple.

Turn all the sand into glass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

WarfieldCross
Nov 20, 2006, 07:50 PM
Dear Moatoob,

As I travelled your desert wastes, I learned to be self-sufficient. You tried your best to chew me up, but you made me stronger. You threw worms, fire-breathing gremlins, and Goathead bodybuilders at me, and yet I learned to strategize. I will visit your warm sandy busom soon enough. I send my most sincere thanx!

PS: I love you. <3

Saito S
Nov 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
Sandworm problem? simple.

Turn all the sand into glass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Heh, if only it were that simple... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

As a Hunter, I just switch to a one-handed saber or dagger w/handgun combo (with the appropriate elemental bullet), get some distance, and blast away. Whenever one of them surfaces near me, I just rip into it with PA's until it dies or moves away or gets distracted by other players or whatever.

They're annoying, yes, on either Neudaiz or Moatoob, but I never found them to be unbearably so. *shrug* And for the record, I like Moatoob so far and am a huge fan of Neudaiz. I wish more people played there... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TheWildJoker
Nov 20, 2006, 09:34 PM
lmao rotf

Stray_Mag
Nov 20, 2006, 09:44 PM
As far as Party Friendly Environments go, I love facing worms. As a Force, my friend, a Ranger, and I always duo through Neudaiz and now Moatoob. She simply unloads Frozen Fury upon them and virtually assuredly freezes them while I pummel them with RaBarta of RaZonde, depending on location. They are one of the few species which actually requires any strategy otheer than Rapid X/Y Smashing.