PDA

View Full Version : I'm always bored unless I play Lab Recovery A =[

FenixStryk
Nov 20, 2006, 01:19 AM
Ever since I hit Lv 40, this game started feeling like a grind... and a really big one at that. Not a single mission is fun. There's no excitement, no fear of dying, no quick kills. Just stand there and attack one monster for about a minute straight so it dies. Sure, Dimmagolus A gives 4k and 37 mission pts, but it takes a little under an hour to complete it. Most of the new Parum missions aren't any better.

However, once I found Lab Recovery A, I was in love. (you get to it by turning around and going to the door you just came out of after completing Mad Beasts.) It's the only mission since beta that I actually find interesting. In Lab Recovery A, you run into a lot of Jarbas (the tall two-faced Megid-spitting monsters). Usually, you'll find one room per block where at least 4 of these spawn (In Block 3, you fight 3 waves of 4 Jarbas along with some RELICs dinos; pure madness). You also occasionally run into hordes of Badiras and Volfs, literally 12 to 16 on screen. It's amazing.

Nowhere, not even in offline mode, have I fought so many monsters in one room, have I had to actually struggle to stay alive, avoid Megid after Megid, worry about not having enough Scape Dolls. Why can I only enjoy PSU when I play this mission? Is it too easy? Or is it just because I like rooms filled with giant hordes of mobs for me to (Grom) bust(er) all over?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-19 22:26 ]</font>

RaveSauce
Nov 20, 2006, 01:22 AM
I feel ya, that last room with 8 jarbas is good stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifb

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:24 AM
Well, some of us enjoy chatting with our party and don't concern ourselves with the grind. Nay sayers can say whatever makes them feel better, but a good party can turn even a shitty game like FFXI into a truly wonderful and exciting endeavor. Seriously. Go be a bigger party whore than what you obviously aren't now, and then rethink this thread.

Of course... I play to experience the community, not play to play. To each his or her own I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-19 22:25 ]</font>

Shinou
Nov 20, 2006, 01:26 AM
On 2006-11-19 22:24, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Well, some of us enjoy chatting with our party and don't concern ourselves with the grind. Nay sayers can say whatever makes them feel better, but a good party can turn even a shitty game like FFXI into a truly wonderful and exciting endeavor. Seriously. Go be a bigger party whore than what you obviously aren't now, and then rethink this thread.

Of course... I play to experience the community, not play to play. To each his or her own I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-19 22:25 ]</font>

You tell him or her Ura!

FenixStryk
Nov 20, 2006, 01:28 AM
Well, some of us enjoy chatting with our party and don't concern ourselves with the grind.I actually play my games to play them, thank you very much. If I want to talk, I talk to people IRL. Maybe it's just me. *shrugs*

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:30 AM
On 2006-11-19 22:28, FenixStryk wrote:

Well, some of us enjoy chatting with our party and don't concern ourselves with the grind.I actually play my games to play them, thank you very much. If I want to talk, I talk to people IRL. Maybe it's just me. *shrugs*

Then you are playing PSU for the wrong reason. PSO has always been a game about the community. PSU is no different.

A2K
Nov 20, 2006, 01:33 AM
I, too, rather enjoy battles that are a bit of a struggle.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:35 AM
I don't know. Everybody i've seen whines when somebody mentions any of the Parum stages beyond De Ragan. I suppose lookin' for a challenge isn't very popular. Sure, i'd like to explore those areas more thoroughly, but unless i've got some shields to die before me as that Megid flies at me, I won't go. lol

Shadow_Wing
Nov 20, 2006, 01:38 AM
You need a good team =3, I know our little static is now turning out into a massively huge static party.

We're always making jokes, fking around with random stuff and just plainly have fun with each other. Being lvl 50 there isn't much out there to do, but with the ppl I play with, PSU is plainly enjoyable.

FenixStryk
Nov 20, 2006, 01:38 AM
On 2006-11-19 22:35, Garnet_Moon wrote:
unless i've got some shields to die before me as that Megid flies at me, I won't go. lolAnd that, my friend, is what a Scape Doll is for... or more specifically, what buying 5~10 Scape Dolls at $1000~$1500 per from stores is for.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:43 AM
On 2006-11-19 22:38, FenixStryk wrote:

On 2006-11-19 22:35, Garnet_Moon wrote:
unless i've got some shields to die before me as that Megid flies at me, I won't go. lolAnd that, my friend, is what a Scape Doll is for... or more specifically, what buying 5~10 Scape Dolls at $1000~$1500 per from stores is for.

I don't buy Scape Dolls. I'm far too active to get hit by Megid; mainly because of my solo experiences as a Hunter on A-Rank missions. I do have 2/3 on me though... Seiryu is full, my storage is full, both my PM's are full... meh. I suppose i'll fill up on them as I grab them now. I grabbed two from a set of 3 boxes right next to each other earlier in Rainbow Beast C, so I guess that was nice.

As for Grants... lol, i'm sorry but I just have to throw myself in front of that spell. The noise and animation that follow with that debuff are funny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-19 22:45 ]</font>