PDA

View Full Version : So, I think I;m going to be A$$ on PSU

Rageking
Nov 20, 2006, 01:41 AM
On the pc version anyway.....

You see, while the xbox version has enough assholes thanks to voice chat....the pc/ps2 has the opposite problem......everybody is generally ultra quiet and rarely in conflict.

Join a random party and say nothing....chances are aside from "hello" or "at dragon" or "Die=boot"....nobody will talk about anything....it's grind, grind, grind. Even trying to get a convo started will fail....

So to solve the problem, I think I'll just be a unforgiving asshole of epic propotions.....I'll curse out noobs, grab every rare in sight, start verbal fights, and allude to the deaths of every low level party member.

I figure this will liven up things quite a bit!!!! It will get even the quietest loser/uber nerds typing away furiously at thier keyboard.....finanlly....some communication!

Now when does server maintenace finish?!?!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rageking on 2006-11-19 22:44 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:57 AM
And you will probably be booted quickly and blisted by every member of that party. In the end your efforts will be in vain and you will be invisible to the server, like you didnt even exist.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:59 AM
I think we already had one of you guys try that. Yeah, it was cute until he was blisted. Haha, trying to outrun someone who starts right next to you... funny.

Shake 'n Bake is useless in PSU. >:O

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 02:27 AM
Not often am in on when enough people are in block 15 to play but if you find some of the psow group we seem to get along good and talk. getting to know them is hard when all the games are locked tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DoubleJG
Nov 20, 2006, 03:04 AM
On 2006-11-19 22:41, Rageking wrote:

You see, while the xbox version has enough assholes thanks to voice chat....the pc/ps2 has the opposite problem......everybody is generally ultra quiet and rarely in conflict.

Join a random party and say nothing....chances are aside from "hello" or "at dragon" or "Die=boot"....nobody will talk about anything....it's grind, grind, grind. Even trying to get a convo started will fail....

So to solve the problem, I think I'll just be a unforgiving asshole of epic propotions.....I'll curse out noobs, grab every rare in sight, start verbal fights, and allude to the deaths of every low level party member.

I figure this will liven up things quite a bit!!!! It will get even the quietest loser/uber nerds typing away furiously at thier keyboard.....finanlly....some communication!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rageking on 2006-11-19 22:44 ]</font>

You will accomplish nothing by doing this.

Miyoko
Nov 20, 2006, 03:07 AM
Enjoy your solo life.

Bleemo
Nov 20, 2006, 03:10 AM
The PC/PS2 servers are great because of the lack of assholes.

How about just making an effort to start a conversation instead?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 03:10 AM
On 2006-11-20 00:04, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

On 2006-11-19 22:41, Rageking wrote:

You will accomplish nothing by doing this.

Wrong.

There are people who don't know about blist; or do but pretend it doesn't exist, who love to argue with people like this. Then it goes into a full scale war in that lobby when "Yo momma" is dragged into it.

I saw such an occurance earlier. I was waiting for someone to get back from their room and this guy was starting trouble. I was gonna blist him but the conversation was interesting. I still don't know what half those words meant. It intrigued me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zaft
Nov 20, 2006, 03:12 AM
On 2006-11-20 00:10, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I saw such an occurance earlier. I was waiting for someone to get back from their room and this guy was starting trouble. I was gonna blist him but the conversation was interesting. I still don't know what half those words meant. It intrigued me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Heh I wanna see a big arguement and just start getting my friends to agree with the different sides to fuel the fire >_>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 20, 2006, 03:23 AM
I don't blacklist anyone.

If you blacklist people, they cannot get into your shop.

Midicronica
Nov 20, 2006, 03:38 AM
Money that important, eh?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 03:38 AM

If you dont blacklist people, they cannot get into your shop. Its blocked by too many other shops with bad prices

fixed

Garnet_Moon
Nov 20, 2006, 03:40 AM
If I can profit from the people I hate, then that's awesome. I'm gonna wipe my blist clean when I log back in. All 20 pages. >_>;

Midicronica
Nov 20, 2006, 03:42 AM
On 2006-11-20 00:40, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If I can profit from the people I hate, then that's awesome. I'm gonna wipe my blist clean when I log back in. All 20 pages. >_>;

Wow, I have a total of 4 or 5 people on my blacklist. I can tolerate quite a bit and the people I do have blisted are spammers. You don't see too much spamming on PSU-X360.

AkiraXxx
Nov 20, 2006, 03:43 AM
On 2006-11-20 00:23, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Yeah someone "scolded" me and said my shop sucked because I put 1 par ash up for npc price. 1 damn par ash lmao. So I black listed them after the game was done. No more grinders and cheap weapon buying for you ya BITCH lol.

Genobee
Nov 20, 2006, 03:52 AM
LOL good luck starting verbel figths by typing, no one reads what anyone has to type any ways, so you vebral abuse will fall on blind eyes. hahahahah I made a funny

Rageking
Nov 20, 2006, 01:08 PM
Nah, I tried being obnoxious once....it was all in good fun.....got the whole party talking and laughing....

I guess obnoxious and abrasive is a closer word to what I'm describing.....

Pure-chan
Nov 20, 2006, 01:51 PM
On 2006-11-20 00:23, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Interesting... So, if I blacklist someone, am I no longer able to go into their shop, as well?

---------------------------------------------------

Also, @Rageking:

As far as being a jerk just to get people talking is concerned, what type of games are you jumping into? "S rank Only" games, possibly?

...If so, you may want to set up a game and note that it's casual in the game description. I've met quite a few players on the PC/PS2 version that are equal parts 'social' and 'S rank' this way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-11-20 10:59 ]</font>

Magician
Nov 20, 2006, 01:56 PM
Meh, I have one person blacklisted.

Joined late on a run, never responded to hello via vc or kb, sprinted to the end before all the enemies were cleared. I blisted him before he/she piggybacked off the party.

I don't mind a piggyback jump, just be courteous and help mop up before you go.

Nietzsche
Nov 20, 2006, 01:59 PM
sorry to break this too you but i think alot of people already beat you to this, albeit not by design just by nature

Aaomi
Nov 20, 2006, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry but the play style of this game doesn't allow for much "chat" while in a mission. If you really want to chat, go to a field lobby and hang out. I would rather be in a good party than one where all the people keep stopping what they are doing to type all the time, which raises the risk of deaths in said party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aaomi on 2006-11-20 11:00 ]</font>

Natrokos
Nov 20, 2006, 02:03 PM
I love the blacklist.....Having a few dozen people unable to access my shop is a small price to pay.... If you like to swear just to prove you can, if you like to start fights with random people, if you like to yell beast/newman/human/cast pride, if you are a discurteous party member, or if you are a virtual rapist...I will blacklist you on sight and hope to god I never see your 12 year old stupid ass again.

Ronzeru
Nov 20, 2006, 02:04 PM
Um, why wouldn't you want someone to buy your items? I could careless if they were an ass or not. Metsa is metsa, and i'll gladly take theirs, even if they bitch.

Po-Fu
Nov 20, 2006, 02:08 PM
I enjoy a verbal party, especially since it breaks up the 'grinding' feeling of the game. Plus, it adds to the party's overall experience. ( not Experience points, but experience, as in what you take away from the party) And I don't mind if someone stops for a couple of seconds to type. If you are partying with people in a party who die because they type too much: (In refrence to Aaomi's post) Then I would wonder about the skill of the player, and what the hell that you're fighting that kills you in roughly 3-8 seconds. =

Shadow_Wing
Nov 20, 2006, 02:31 PM
lol we've died by typing too much >> but then we usually get our act together cause we didn't notice the little atk+ or spell+ symbol in the target window XD.

Stryfe1
Nov 20, 2006, 02:56 PM
You obviously have never played with me before. I get booted often from groups for talking too much.

Hustler_One
Nov 20, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-11-19 23:27, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Not often am in on when enough people are in block 15 to play but if you find some of the psow group we seem to get along good and talk. getting to know them is hard when all the games are locked tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

This is why I dont play on the PSOW Universe. =/

chaostroop
Nov 20, 2006, 04:21 PM
something tells me some 1 around here is evil (i hope its not me=,(

Pengfishh
Nov 20, 2006, 04:25 PM
Eh, do it, but you won't get anymore attention than half the assholes get already. Unless! Ooh, do this, because I want to see it. Be an eloquent asshole. We don't have a godamned one of them. It's either "ur2ghey" or someone using memes.

Thinking about it, though, I guess I'm the eloquent asshole. I was in a game recently where the party leader constantly harped on this one guy for picking up items. The guy wasn't even doing it excessively or exclusively, but the leader just kept on. Worst of it was the leader talked like an internet moron, "y r u picking ^ items ok??/?" So party leader asks the guy, "y r u looting alwayz, guy?!/1//!!?" so I asks him I asks "Why do you talk like a moron?" and he kicks me.

Foolishness. I at least wanted him to justify himself somehow!

Niki
Nov 20, 2006, 04:28 PM
It's great that SEGA made a game that children of all ages can enjoy.

Metempsychic
Nov 20, 2006, 04:41 PM
In my experience, many an online PC game has "quiet" people due to the fact that people are so used to VoIP programs that are outside of the game itself. I use TS or Vent constantly while I play PSU, so I only use in-game chat if I have a good reason to.

It makes sense to me, considering the demographics between Xbox and PC (we'll just consider PS2 as part of PC). Xbox has voice chat built right in, and unless you have someone sitting next to you, the only way to commmunicate is through the game. From previous Xbox Live experiences I've had, a majority of the people you meet never shut up.

PC users talk, too, but you usually have to be the one to get it going. You can tell when a party knows each other somewhat well, as opposed to a party of strangers.

Mystil
Nov 20, 2006, 06:29 PM
I don't talk in groups unless it's necessary. Even when I group with my friends, I rarely speak. My mind is too focused on killing heh.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 20, 2006, 07:05 PM
Starting up a chat is what the lobby is for

Only an idiot would start up a conversation in the middle of a fast paced PSU mission, where if you stand around like a moron typing half your team will move ahead and kill all the monsters neting you zero exp, sure in something like EQ1 you can talk whill you wait for a spawn or someone is pulling

Ryoki
Nov 20, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-11-20 16:05, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Starting up a chat is what the lobby is for

Only an idiot would start up a conversation in the middle of a fast paced PSU mission, where if you stand around like a moron typing half your team will move ahead and kill all the monsters neting you zero exp, sure in something like EQ1 you can talk whill you wait for a spawn or someone is pulling

Wow, the game isn't your life, ok? Who cares when you chat?

________
Ford D2C Platform Picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_D2C_platform)

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 20, 2006, 07:10 PM
Chat = boot

Stryfe1
Nov 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
The only problem I see with people, thinking you shouldn't type (Which I don't, although I can care less if one does) while fighting, is that they just flat out thinking negatively instead of havin fun.

You have to remember it's only a game, if a guy dies, a guy dies, heck I've died at lv.43 before, sometimes I get careless and dont watch my health meter, being that it's so small compared to PSO, and on the bottom left corner instead of the upper left.

If you wanna be a flat out baby and boot a guy just because you couldn't get an S Rank, or justbecause he's role playing, or just want's to chat while he's fighting, then you shouldn't play a MORPG.

Go buy a 1 player offline game if you like quiet, or play offline mode, and even then you have npc's spamming. /rollseyes

Eternal_Drake
Nov 20, 2006, 08:02 PM
I would be a dickhead but I dont have a USB keyboard

FinalDragon
Nov 20, 2006, 08:26 PM
I just spent the whole day talking with my party. Really, if no one is talking to you, it's your fault because you're not good enough at making conversation. =)

Killuminati
Nov 20, 2006, 08:32 PM
Hey i think the reason people talk less is because its hard to talk and get exp. You have to drop your controller to type on PS2 and loose out on alot of exp like this when the mobs die fast. That's why I spend so much time in the "lobbys" of the game that's where i do most of my talking.

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 20, 2006, 09:18 PM
I can't see why people can't bemore friendly. it's kinda of a shame. -nod nod-

EphekZ
Nov 20, 2006, 09:19 PM
do it, the ignorant people on PSU deserve it.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 20, 2006, 09:21 PM
lol, ask most people who have partied with me. I always get the convo going and we talk for many runs. Once again I must be super awesome, because I can start a convo while in missions and still get S rank.

Mystil
Nov 20, 2006, 09:45 PM
I wont mention any names, but someone in this thread has decided to act just like Cause_I_own_U. Stop being fake and be yourself.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 20, 2006, 09:48 PM
On 2006-11-20 18:45, Silhouette wrote:
I wont mention any names, but someone in this thread has decided to act just like Cause_I_own_U. Stop being fake and be yourself.

I assume you were talking to me. I'm sorry you think I'm being "fake". I guess if two people both have cheerful personalities, one person is automatically deemed fake? Think before you speak. I in no way had Cause_I_own_U in mind while typing this. As a matter a fact you lose, because he commented above and our opinions are completely different.

If you weren't talking to me, sorry. I remember him saying something about being awesome in another topic, so I only guessed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-20 18:56 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 20, 2006, 10:10 PM
Even though I lack my keyboard I did manage to hardcore rage some people when I joined a De Ragan B run on Give Finder, so I ninja'd all of the items and when we killed De Ragan I warped them all to Lakeshore before they could open boxes. Then when we got out I just sat there and held down Dance 2.

It felt magical.

Mystil
Nov 21, 2006, 06:16 PM
On 2006-11-20 18:48, GeoHolyhart wrote:

On 2006-11-20 18:45, Silhouette wrote:

I assume you were talking to me.

No I was not talking about you.

Crystalis_Rik
Nov 21, 2006, 08:04 PM
There's merit to both sides of the argument. I talk when I think it's relevant or something is amusing or whatever. Most of the time though I am focusing on the battle and trying to be efficient because that gives me the most satisfaction as a gamer. I almost always say "hello" and when leaving a party I'll say, "thanks for the pt, it was fun." Just don't be upset that I don't give what I think is a courtesy, "lol" when you put your character's face on the screen.

I think some people come into a party with the mentality, "oh no, I'm all about FUN!" so they try so hard to be amusing and it just comes out as someone desparate for attention. Then what usually happens is that they'll leave saying, "you guys are boring, fu." It's not that we don't have a sense of humor. It's just that we may not think you were particularly funny and we probably just want to get one with the game.

Flip side, it sucks when people act like machines and can't converse. Rather, they will speak to you only if you screw up and get yourself killed. Sometimes people have this big headed mentality and think they're cool by giving other the cold-shoulder and being the know-it-all lonewolf.

Lets see, the point, yes. Both extremes have their faults. The point of the game is to have fun. If you have a certain ideal way of playing whether that's conversing, never conversing, or most likely somewhere inbetween, great. Just know that not everyone may share your ideal and you should be mindful of that or maybe go above and beyond and be compromising of that. So a party talks more or less than you would like, well, play along for the time being, at least you're getting your EXP/Meseta/Job points right?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 21, 2006, 10:57 PM
On 2006-11-20 00:42, Shadow_Moses wrote:

On 2006-11-20 00:40, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Wow, I have a total of 4 or 5 people on my blacklist. I can tolerate quite a bit and the people I do have blisted are spammers. You don't see too much spamming on PSU-X360.

Well maybe 5% of them are spammers. The other 95% are people who had the balls to tell me that Anime is the same as Cartoons.

>.>;

DizzyDi
Nov 21, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:10, Eternal_Drake wrote:
Even though I lack my keyboard I did manage to hardcore rage some people when I joined a De Ragan B run on Give Finder, so I ninja'd all of the items and when we killed De Ragan I warped them all to Lakeshore before they could open boxes. Then when we got out I just sat there and held down Dance 2.

It felt magical.

LOL! Oh damn thats hilarious. I'm seriously lmfao over here.
Being an asshole is fun sometimes. I'm sorry, its true. Seeing people trip out of e-stuff is just too hilarious.
Of course, I haven't been an ass on PSU that much. The worse thing I've done is spam a bit in Raffon Fields.
OP, I say go for it! And love every minute of it. Let people blacklist you, they're losers anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Schubalts
Nov 21, 2006, 11:32 PM
On 2006-11-21 19:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:
The other 95% are people who had the balls to tell me that Anime is the same as Cartoons.

>.>;

Off-topic, but... anime IS the same as cartoons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 21, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:32, Schubalts wrote:

On 2006-11-21 19:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:
The other 95% are people who had the balls to tell me that Anime is the same as Cartoons.

>.>;

Off-topic, but... anime IS the same as cartoons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Off-topic, you are going to be added to my blist for throwing Voices of a Distant Star into the same boat as Sponge Bob.

>:O

Naw i'm jk, but still. They aren't the same. I will go to my grave believing this, so it's a hopeless cause. lol

TheStoicOne
Nov 21, 2006, 11:38 PM
lol. I would be pissed if I didnt get to open my ragan boces >=(
lmao. that was funny. And Niki lol @ children of all ages.
this thread is a chemical oops.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:39 PM
animated cartoon
n.

A motion picture or television film consisting of a photographed series of drawings, objects, or computer graphics that simulates motion by recording very slight, continuous changes in the images, frame by frame.

Does or does not anime fit that criteria?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 21, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:39, Eternal_Drake wrote:
animated cartoon
n.

A motion picture or television film consisting of a photographed series of drawings, objects, or computer graphics that simulates motion by recording very slight, continuous changes in the images, frame by frame.

I can pull a bonk definition from one of the many online dictionaries to make me correct in ANYTHING I want to be right about. That doesn't mean that my opinion is exactly fact... it just means I found the one dictionary in the entire internet with a definition in my favor.

It's all in the heart. You can call it what you want, but you do it in game and i'll call harassment with a GM, and then blist you. >:3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-21 20:42 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:38, TheStoicOne wrote:
lol. I would be pissed if I didnt get to open my ragan boces >=(
lmao. that was funny. And Niki lol @ children of all ages.
this thread is a chemical oops.

Oh god I wish I played on PC so I can take screens or possibly record a video of when I join a Desert Terror A run and warp them before they can loot, which will be whenever I feel like going back to Moatoob.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:41, Garnet_Moon wrote:

animated cartoon
n.

I can pull a bonk definition from one of the many online dictionaries to make me correct in ANYTHING I want to be right about. That doesn't mean that my opinion is exactly fact... it just means I found the one dictionary in the entire internet with a definition in my favor.

It's all in the heart. You can call it what you want, but you do it in game and i'll call harassment with a GM, and then blist you. >:3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-21 20:42 ]</font>

Yes or no?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 21, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:43, Eternal_Drake wrote:

animated cartoon
n.

Yes or no?

I laugh at your definition, and throw one from Wikipedia at you:

Anime (アニメ, Anime?) (IPA pronunciation: [ɑnime] in Japanese, but typically [ˈænɪˌme(ɪ)] or [ˈænəˌme(ɪ)] in English) is an abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan. Within Japan, the term anime is used to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.
Uh huh. Wanna try another definition? I'll screw with that one too.

Schubalts
Nov 21, 2006, 11:46 PM
Considering that anime means animation, I'm voting yes.

(We are so getting this topic locked.)

Garnet_Moon
Nov 21, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:46, Schubalts wrote:
Considering that anime means animation, I'm voting yes.

(We are so getting this topic locked.)

Not before we hit all the online dictionaries on the internet with copypasta. >:3

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:45, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-21 20:43, Eternal_Drake wrote:

animated cartoon
n.

Yes or no?

I laugh at your definition, and throw one from Wikipedia at you:

Anime (アニメ, Anime?) (IPA pronunciation: [ɑnime] in Japanese, but typically [ˈænɪˌme(ɪ)] or [ˈænəˌme(ɪ)] in English) is an abbreviation of the word "animation". Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan. Within Japan, the term anime is used to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.
Uh huh. Wanna try another definition? I'll screw with that one too.

Yes or no?

Also using a website that has been deemed unreliable as a counter-point isn't too effective.

Zaft
Nov 21, 2006, 11:48 PM
Anime is a cartoon of sorts, but usually originates in Japan (thus why it's called Anime, as well as it's different drawing style), therefore it is officially Anime, not a cartoon. So to be honest, both of you are right. You can spend hours throwing dictionary definitions at eachother, but neither of you are gonna win.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaft on 2006-11-21 20:50 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 21, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:47, Eternal_Drake wrote:

Yes or no?

Also using a website that has been deemed unreliable as a counter-point isn't too effective.

Provide a link to your retarded definition, or stfu. Can't have a war without a source.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 21, 2006, 11:49 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:48, Zaft wrote:
Anime is a cartoon of sorts, but usually originates in Japan (thus why it's called Anime, as well as it's different drawing style). So to be honest, both of you are right. You can spend hours throwing dictionary definitions at eachother, but neither of you are gonna win.

Shut it Zaft. I saw my chat log. You where with Shad when he was molesting my loli maid. >.>

Zeig123
Nov 21, 2006, 11:50 PM
so just cause im going to be a noob in a week when i finally start online your going to be an ass even though i will be minding my own business till im a bit higher level.........

Schubalts
Nov 21, 2006, 11:51 PM
Question...do you think manga are comics? >.>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:48, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-21 20:47, Eternal_Drake wrote:

Yes or no?

Provide a link to your retarded definition, or stfu. Can't have a war without a source.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=animated%20cartoon

Zaft
Nov 21, 2006, 11:52 PM
Shit you saw that? Well hell...

Guess I'll just have to try harder next time (heh...make a mule named ImnotZaft).

Anyways, I'd rather go with the "anime is not a cartoon" because to be honest, show me a "cartoon" that has the same drawing style and depth of Anime. Japan has plenty of cartoons, but they wouldn't call most of theirs Anime, unless they are truely Anime.

Zeig123
Nov 21, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:52, Zaft wrote:

Guess I'll just have to try harder next time (heh...make a mule named ImnotZaft).

Anyways, I'd rather go with the "anime is not a cartoon" because to be honest, show me a "cartoon" that has the same drawing style and depth of Anime. Japan has plenty of cartoons, but they wouldn't call most of theirs Anime, unless they are truely Anime.

that is true cause they are pretty different in terms of drwaing style and story lines........cause anime follows a story line and most of the time cartoons are just too damn random

Schubalts
Nov 21, 2006, 11:54 PM
Find me the Japanese word for cartoon! Pronto! I know what it is, but get it anyway!

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:52, Zaft wrote:

Well I'm going by the literal definitions here since they are the variables that arent biased. Im not saying sponge bob and bleach or whatever the hell are the same, I'm just saying both are composed of many frames of drawings played over a fast speed to create the illusion of movement.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 21, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:54, Schubalts wrote:
Find me the Japanese word for cartoon! Pronto! I know what it is, but get it anyway!

"Anime."

LOL...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 12:01 AM
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=animated%20cartoon

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=cartoon

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/anime

You lose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-21 21:02 ]</font>

Schubalts
Nov 22, 2006, 12:05 AM
Could've sworn Shim was Japanese or at least lived there...so...ehh...

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:05 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:01, Garnet_Moon wrote:
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=animated%20cartoon

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=cartoon

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/anime

You lose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-21 21:02 ]</font>

Im assuming you were too busy masturbating furiously over these "ownage links" here to read the post I made, but I will ask you this before I bother clicking any.

Is there anything in those links that denies the fact that anime is made from a large number of drawings or computer graphics pieced together frame by frame then played back to create the illusion of motion?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:05, Eternal_Drake wrote:
Im assuming you were too busy masturbating furiously

Chose to take the easy way out, hm?

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:08 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Answer the question instead of just taking clips of my posts and criticizing them kthx.

Schubalts
Nov 22, 2006, 12:09 AM
There's more in Drake's post than that...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 12:11 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:08, Eternal_Drake wrote:

Answer the question instead of just taking clips of my posts and criticizing them kthx.

No, cartoons are made with throwing buckets of paint onto the cels and using what dries as the cartoon.

Anime is hand drawn, made with CG, etc. That's why they aren't the same.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:12 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:11, Garnet_Moon wrote:

No, cartoons are made with throwing buckets of paint onto the cels and using what dries as the cartoon.

Wow so since say, Jimmy Neutron isnt just paint thrown onto cells, but is made with CG, that must make it anime correct?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 12:14 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:12, Eternal_Drake wrote:

Wow so since say, Jimmy Neutron isnt just paint thrown onto cells, but is made with CG, that must make it anime correct?

No i'm pretty sure that was used with buckets of paint, and touched up with scissors and glue.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 12:16 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:16, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-11-21 21:14, Garnet_Moon wrote:

No i'm pretty sure that was used with buckets of paint, and touched up with scissors and glue.

"Chose to take the easy way out, hm? "

Well it's not like I did it first. :

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:16 AM

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:16, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-21 21:16, Eternal_Drake wrote:

Well it's not like I did it first. :

Theres a difference between just putting a funny phrase into a post with a point and just making a post that offers nothing to the arguement.

Also, even one of your own sources says you are wrong http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/cartoon?view=uk
cartoon - a film made from a sequence of drawings, using animation techniques to give the appearance of movement.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 12:23 AM
That doesn't make the one I chose to use on the other site invalid.

As for the funny phrase? Right. All I saw was a stereotype from someone grasping at straws. Sarcasm? Jokes? In text? Uh huh. Like that's ever obvious.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:23, Garnet_Moon wrote:
That doesn't make the one I chose to use on the other site invalid.

As for the funny phrase? Right. All I saw was a stereotype from someone grasping at straws. Sarcasm? Jokes? In text? Uh huh. Like that's ever obvious.

Uh what is that other link even supposed to prove?

Also I didn't even really get the second half of your post. Can someone clarify please? [this isnt to be funny, I just really dont understand what the hell you are trying to say]