PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are 5 stars worth now?

Marks
Nov 20, 2006, 03:52 AM
I have been trying to sell a 5 star GRM wep which has 26% of light element and is grinded 5 times for 20k in my shop and no one has bought it for days. Last time I checked this was going for 20k just with the element, but mine is grinded 5 times! What is the average value of 5 stars now? How about 5 stars grinded 5 times with 25%+ element?

Genobee
Nov 20, 2006, 03:53 AM
because GRM suck now that Tenora's are out,

AkiraXxx
Nov 20, 2006, 03:54 AM
On 2006-11-20 00:52, Marks wrote:
I have been trying to sell a 5 star GRM wep which has 26% of light element and is grinded 5 times for 20k in my shop and no one has bought it for days. Last time I checked this was going for 20k just with the element, but mine is grinded 5 times! What is the average value of 5 stars now? How about 5 stars grinded 5 times with 25%+ element?

Most likely no one is looking at the fact its grinded 5 times. Advertise it in the trade section here and on the official site and give it a couple days. And spam it in town too.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 20, 2006, 03:57 AM
Maybe you should start slimming down the price. 20K is a very intimidating number, so maybe chop it to 19K or even 17.5K? I mean, are you really going to miss the extra 1 or 2K if you were really desperate to get it out of your shop?

Another thing maybe you'll want to put it in your ad? "5* Grinded Wep for 20K!" or something along those lines.

Marks
Nov 20, 2006, 03:58 AM
Yeah I did all that the actual price is 18,999, 20k was a estimate. My shop ad pretty much advertises only this one item and I post topics about this item in official trade forums and psow trade forums every other day.

ProfessorZ
Nov 20, 2006, 04:06 AM
Because people can find 5 star weapons for like 13-15k now

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 04:09 AM
non grinded force weapons with no element (hajirod) still go for 18-20k....

I hate being a FO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I sold a 20% dark spear +2 for 20k pretty easy the other day. I put another one up before work have to see if it sold when i get home. Mats are expensive (marseline) I cant go lower than 18k and really make a profit.

Bleemo
Nov 20, 2006, 04:11 AM
Word of advice: when you want to sell something, always ask yourself two questions.

1) Will players even buy this item?

2) If so, how much are players willing to pay for this item?

Sure, 20,000 looks like the item's actual value. But that doesn't mean players will actually be willing to spend the actual value for the item. If you want to sell it, make it more attractive and be willing to lose a little profit.

First thing about your item: it's 26% Light. Rarely missions involving Dark type monsters are fought. This weapon is unappealing in general because of this. Second thing: it was grinded 5 times. When people usually buy their weapons, they often will either look for ungrinded weapons or grinded weapons with a big deal on their price tag, because they're cheaper and you could always grind them yourself(Grinding 5 times isn't hard with level 3 luck; 5 is usually the stopping point between assured and risky with 5 star weapons.). 20,000 is simply too unappealing, and really not worth it speaking as a player myself. Especially the fact that it's a Light based weapon. Unless more missions involving Dark type monsters came out, I would just craft a cheap Light weapon for the time being.

I suggest selling your weapon between 14000 and 16000 meseta. You might get someone to bite then; it's a deal. Deals are always fun to make, it keeps the economy clean and people generally look at your other items when they see you have plenty of good deals.

Carbinne
Nov 20, 2006, 08:52 AM
It depends entirely on what the weapon in question is. I bought a pair of 5* Youmei dual sabers for 4k and another for 2k. Just insane, even if they're non-element. For some reason Ranger weapons sell well... those tend to be pretty hot, especially the shotguns as you can grind them now and make 4/5 star varieties. Personally, I find that I sell ground 3 star Rifles and Dual Pistols much faster than I can sell Sabers or Daggers. Shame, too, I spent two hours this morning blowing up stupid amounts of weaponry, and I know that it will take weeks to clean out for quite possibly no real profit, if it even ever does.

Arieta
Nov 20, 2006, 09:01 AM
Of course you're not going to sell it for that amount, you made it *LIGHT* Element. Whens the last time you fought a mob that was Dark element? level 1-5? Yea I thought so, I mean on one does LL missions and that's the only place where dark elemental mobs are at the moment. It's not a very good weapon becaue of that element.