PDA

View Full Version : The PSU World Tour!

Lastat27
Nov 20, 2006, 04:12 AM
About seven hours ago, I decided it would be best to farm Parum for a few hours on my level 50 RaCAST to better prepare myself for the inevitable expert class update.

Like most people, I figured I would grab a free taxi by joining a previously made "Mad Creatures" run as it neared its end. I quickly noticed a rare "Mad Creatures A" run and figured I'd join to see how some of these high level players were fairing. The game description also caught my eye which read "PSU World Tour!".

Upon quick investigation, I learned that this crazy party leader named ZamZa (Suikoden II?) was on a quest to complete every single mission on "A" level in a single sitting. Starting from Linear Line -> Parum -> Neudaiz -> Moatoob. Now I may have started two missions late but I wasn't about to pass up this chance to join a hardcore party with such an intruiging idea.

However, as we reached the entrance to Relics A on Parum, we had already lost half of our party members. And as we progressed through our grand tour we went through at least 20 different people.

Hardcore Members:
ZamZa: Force (Started at Unsafe Passage)
Lastat: Ranger (Started at Mad Creatures)
Elaru: Force (Started at Mad Beasts)

The main thing to note is how we managed to keep the party together for six hours. After every few missions we would take a good five minute intermission. At this time, ZamZa would buy Scape Dolls at 1k a piece from player shops and sell them to our party members that needed them, always making sure that each member had at least two on them at all times. Also having two excellent Forces on our team really kept morale and hitpoints high.

I've never had so much fun in this game before. By completing "A" mission's in this fashion, everything stayed fresh as mobs and environments continously changed. We had completed all of Parum and Neudaiz in 3 hours, and all of Moatoob in another 3 hours. By the end of our tour we all made 30k + drops + experience and mission points to those that actually needed them.

The only thing the three of us regret is that none of us had any luck. The best item dropped for us was a five star twin dagger, the next best thing being 3 Gourmet Cake's that sell for 5 meseta. Out of the 20ish people that we played with, not one of us had even +1 Luck. I would definately insist you only do a World Tour with someone lucky as your party leader, as bosses were only dropping Star Atomizers for us.

The three of us are thinking of doing it all over again tonight. In fact, I doubt I'll play PSU any other way for awhile. We play on the PS2 / PC servers. If you're a hardcore player, nearing level 50, and have nothing better to do in PSU, then why
not accompany us? I always enjoy partying with other experienced players.

You can stop by my shop and send me a partner card anytime. Search: Lastat. Here's to the kick @$$ party you make tomorrow Zamza (; ^_^)v

pkazama
Nov 20, 2006, 05:17 AM
DUDE! you forgot Andy the Ranger who showed up at the last second of the World Tour haha! Who also got the Kubara Wood that was rolled for and given to the only roller with a 4! Yeah sounded awesome though. I wanna join in sometime but tomarrow is a busy schedule for me ~_~

A2K
Nov 20, 2006, 05:23 AM
Ha, man, I was always wanting to do that on PSO (moving from Episode 2 after 1 was conquered) but could never find anyone with the patience for it.

KG
Nov 20, 2006, 05:29 AM
lol im always with Zamza he started that as soon as the update came my char is Ryuk and Liono i take them with him on the crazy adventures and its awsome we pick up lots of ppl on the way but very few stay the whole trip its takes a while so yea but its good trust if u ever get a chance join we go on all the mission Rank A so its usually for players over lvl 40

KG
Nov 20, 2006, 05:31 AM
oh lastat we partied together u kno its always fun and we doin it over and over agian everytime missions come up it was all Zamza's idea but a good idea none the less

AnamanaAU
Nov 20, 2006, 06:00 AM
Haha, I played with you when Moatoob came out, KG. That is, if you're the Ryuk that parties with McFly 2.0? Moatoob tour!

Zato-2TWO
Nov 20, 2006, 06:05 AM
Man, I wish I had time for planet tours. Brings me back to the old days of PSO when I'd sit down for hours doing Forest->Ruins runs.

Although a power-leveler friend of mine dragged me by the leg through a fast-paced crash course of Moatoob earlier this afternoon =O.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 06:09 AM
I started a party at like 5AM when I couldnt sleep did like 10 runs, had to leave for lunch passed leader to a friend, came back it was still there, went afk for dinner and stuff, came back it was still there. Then finaly had to go to work.

My game I started called A' Games was going ALLLLL DAY, started in Parum Relics and Ended in Neudaze Relics http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheTasuke
Nov 20, 2006, 07:05 AM
Elaru is so freakin' awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif lol

Lastat27
Nov 20, 2006, 11:44 AM
I didn't realize so many of you guys posted on the forums too. pkazama, that was pretty awesome when you joined our tour "after" we beat our final boss / stage and got our randomized Kubara wood. It was classic ninja-style execution. Yeah, I rolled the 4 lol.

KG I didn't realize you and ZamZa did this all the time. I also didn't realize Ryuk and Liono were both your characters (^^). You got vaporized by Vanda's in the Valley of sorrows lol. You should have stayed till the end, we didn't really care that we only got a B rank on that one as that level is hellishly fun.

Po-Fu
Nov 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
Wow! Sounds like tons of fun. I'ma deffinately keep an eye out for you Lestat so we can exchange cards, and you can tell me where/when it's going on. I usually have to keep hopping around planets because people only like to do the same run at least 20 million times a day. ;_; An Idea like this is a most welcome change.