PDA

View Full Version : It's looking bright...but are you making the best of it?

daylight129
Nov 20, 2006, 04:58 AM
So with this patch and the info on what the next one is to bring in less than 2 weeks, I'd say that PSU will definetly fill out a little more in terms of content. Double, if not triple what it started with. I've gotten a new outlook on how the game manages to cop a PSO feel and it's been helping me actually start leveling again. I can go through the parum missions from east district all the way through to seabed and it feels like a chain of areas, giving me a MUCH better feel of being on a planet. The only problem is people don't make groups to go through it all. They still just wanna sit in the mid lobbies and do De ragon and relics.

I've decided I hate all mid-mission lobbies. Mid-mission lobbies allow people to abandon and redo the same mission over and over retardedly, and it's keeping me from experiencing all of an area's juicy inbetweens on a decent difficulty level getting decent exp and other such rewards. This is bringing my joy to a halt and keeping the "one area, 2 missions" feel to it rather than the adventurous climb through several missions to the "end" of parum/neudaiz/moatoob. Does anyone know what I mean?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-20 02:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-20 02:25 ]</font>

Shaia
Nov 20, 2006, 05:21 AM
I am also really enjoying playing PSU these days, after initially thinking that PSU was nothing like the great PSO.

The more I play PSU, the more I realize how wrong I was, and how fun this game can be. I guess those people who said that we should be "patient" were indeed right^^.

As for cancelling and repeating one mission over and over again, I agree with you on your point. I also prefer to play through the entire missions rather than repeat one continuously, even if it means less EXP.

A2K
Nov 20, 2006, 05:24 AM
Man, that's a shame to hear. You'd think people would be a little sick of the grind grind grind and want to mix things up a bit more.

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2006, 05:28 AM
I.. well, we know what I've been doing to enjoy my experiences on PSU. I love being able to see more places, but really, I'm just waiting for the full-on-exploration. I can't wait 'til mid Dec. New clothes, new missions/levels, techs, PA's, etc.

I don't really care much for the Expert classes, but S-Rank Spears sounds mighty neat right now.

Ether
Nov 20, 2006, 05:30 AM
I think the game would be a lot better if every mission counter on a planet showed all games in progress on the planet, not just the ones for the 1 or 2 missions available there. Do that, and disable mission cancel after a mission has been beaten (which should've been common sense) and I'd be very happy, too bad it won't happen

daylight129
Nov 20, 2006, 05:33 AM
On 2006-11-20 02:30, Ether wrote:
I think the game would be a lot better if every mission counter on a planet showed all games in progress on the planet, not just the ones for the 1 or 2 missions available there. Do that, and disable mission cancel after a mission has been beaten (which should've been common sense) and I'd be very happy, too bad it won't happen

*sigh...only in my dreams http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

KirinDave
Nov 20, 2006, 05:36 AM
My only complaint is my abysmal luck in synthing, and the extreme expense of making pure force mags.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 05:39 AM
force mag.... sigh I want one.. fed it every force item I found from lvl 1 to 44 on my main and its a whole.... lvl 2.

only 98 to go!

Maskim
Nov 20, 2006, 05:55 AM
Ya, I gotta agree. I joined up with 3 parties last night to get past De Ragan, only to have them abandon at the end. So I made my own group, even naming it 'On the road to Mellvore'...once I exited after the dragon, had two members bitch me out for not abandoning and spamming dragon runs. Oh...people make my head hurt sometimes.

daylight129
Nov 20, 2006, 05:57 AM
On 2006-11-20 02:55, Maskim wrote:
Ya, I gotta agree. I joined up with 3 parties last night to get past De Ragan, only to have them abandon at the end. So I made my own group, even naming it 'On the road to Mellvore'...once I exited after the dragon, had two members bitch me out for not abandoning and spamming dragon runs. Oh...people make my head hurt sometimes.

Exactly! I feel your pain >_<

-Ryuki-
Nov 20, 2006, 05:59 AM
That's kind of like what happened to me. Our game name was "Dragon Runs", and someone thought we were heading to Mellvore, so he took us to the Base.

-Punts the guy who did so.- Wht's worse, is that he PURPOSELY did that, and then logged off.

Mystil
Nov 20, 2006, 09:54 AM
On 2006-11-20 01:58, daylight129 wrote:
I've decided I hate all mid-mission lobbies. Mid-mission lobbies allow people to abandon and redo the same mission over and over retardedly, and it's keeping me from experiencing all of an area's juicy inbetweens on a decent difficulty level getting decent exp and other such rewards. This is bringing my joy to a halt and keeping the "one area, 2 missions" feel to it rather than the adventurous climb through several missions to the "end" of parum/neudaiz/moatoob. Does anyone know what I mean?

I agree with this but it can be abused so greatly by the opportunist. I jump on that scenario all the time. It's the fast rocket to level 40. People still may not know how to get to the other areas. It's easy to find players like minded with this who will go the distance. If you lead a party, lay the cards on the table and watch everyone go with it.

Ok so reading the others posts have countered my statement. That doesn't sound right...maybe people are becoming afraid of a challenge? Dragon and Sleeping Warriors is dead easy, a 30-35 can solo the C ranks. After about 38, there really is'nt a point to doing dragon runs anymore - even A rank is easy as pie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-20 06:58 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Nov 20, 2006, 10:03 AM
People still do Dragon runs? Ew.

Wheatpenny
Nov 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
I myself find that I enjoy Agata Relics,even taking the road to get there is fun.I am tired of De Ragon.Besides if you party in the same areas you can't get a full scope of rares anyway.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 20, 2006, 10:14 AM
well, I would still do Dragon runs but mostly to level up my lower level characters and if I can't find any friends to group up with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-11-20 07:15 ]</font>

Polenicus
Nov 20, 2006, 10:16 AM
I'm looking forward to exploring more of the new areas. Thing is, I'm waiting for my friends (4 other people I know RL and play with) to get a schedule synch with me so we can hit them up together. Neudiz ruins and Moatoob!

Problem is, I won't be able to play untiul Wednesday. Poop.

AngelLight
Nov 20, 2006, 10:41 AM
Keep in mind that there are people on other sites (in fact I just left the 360 official forums on PSU a little while ago) who still dont know about any new missions on Parum except the Northern Raffon/Lakeside mission. As such the general concensus are that its not worth it to go past De Ragan. If more people knew that Endrum was at the end (as well as the research lab) I'd imagine you'd see more farming groups heading out there.

Another possibility to consider....IMO, Endrum is prolly the hardest mission they implemented of all of them. It's possible ppl are turned off by that...to which I say, "If you wanted all your games easy, why play games at all?" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ayrin
Nov 20, 2006, 11:45 AM
once I discovered how easy it was to beat De Ragon agian and agian I became sort of bleh to the whole idea of grinding him. I personally think that they should cut out the ability to abandon the mission after it's compleation. I hightly doubt that there (the creators) intention when creating the game was to have people abandon after compleating an easy to kill boss then do it over and over agian, but that's just my opinion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
My other opinion is that they should make the bosses harder but the rewards greater.. De Ragon and even the new boss they added (the flying one can't remember his name) really dont feel like bosses when they go down so fast.

Genobee
Nov 20, 2006, 03:09 PM
I actualy stopped playing PSU and started palying WoW again, until we get the next update, Moatoob is nice but, you seen it once you seen it 1000 times.

gapzi11a
Nov 20, 2006, 04:22 PM
Last night I played through Da Ragan with a party that disbanded as soon as we entered Lakeside Park. I waited around that place forever for other players who might want to party up and continue on through the new Underwater Lab runs. Well, it never happened because nearly everbody was simply returning to the city to repeat Da Ragan yet again. I too enjoy completing a string of runs from start to finish, with as much variety as possible.

Kanore
Nov 20, 2006, 04:41 PM
I think hitting 50 too early made it boring like everyone warned me >_>

Oh well.

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 04:47 PM
I do solo Ragan runs to feed my Tech PM (Lv89! almost there) But I know what you mean party wise. That's why I don't join random groups and mostly party with my guild. Sure, I don't meet a lot of people, but I have fun