PDA

View Full Version : Section ID Theory

Chimeria
Nov 20, 2006, 11:00 AM
I was doing some reasearch offline. I was playing story mode once and with Ethan i found a Hanzo from a box.
My friend played and he found a Rare S-rank dagger called a Dagger of Serifli. (or something like that)

Then I was playing extra mode yesterday with my female Beast Char. I changed the attiribute of her Rabol Hard to ice. And while playing I zoomed in the camera and noticed that on her armor was a round section ID looking thingie. Due to the ice attribute, it was light blue like a skyly. Then I thought to myself. There are 6 attributes, fire, ice, lightning, ground, light, and dark. And each one has the color of the old section IDs.

no attr.-greenil or virdia
Fire- redria
Ice-skyly
Lightning- yellowboze
Ground-oran
Light- whitill
Dark- Purpulnum

I went back to story mode and looked at the armor my friend's Ethan had on and the attribute was ground. If i'm correct, Orans find daggers more often.
I also found a Whitil wing with my Force char and i couldnt equip it. I went and changed my armor to a light attribute and i could.

Now, this is only a therory so don't flame me or makes dumbass jokes. I'm not saying, THERE ARE SECTION IDs, EVERYONE WHO DOESNT BELIEVE ME IS DUMB!!
It's just an idea that came to me. What does everyone think?

Ryogen
Nov 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
I noticed these too. There is also someone who found this out too...but he was flamed and people maded dumbass jokes... Don't worry, I'll bodygard you on this one.

Chimeria
Nov 20, 2006, 11:08 AM
On 2006-11-20 08:03, Ryogen wrote:
I noticed these too. There is also someone who found this out too...but he was flamed and people maded dumbass jokes... Don't worry, I'll bodygard you on this one.

bodyguard..lol
thanks.

Zabot
Nov 20, 2006, 11:09 AM
hnmmm sounds interesting, i would deffinately believe it though, ow well that sux, i was hoping they would do away with that, but i will say, i havent found any rares on my male cast, but i made a beast and a newman and no sooner had i started they both found a flourescent bulb. . . interesting. . .

Chimeria
Nov 20, 2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, i dont like section IDs either but if this theory is true, at least you can change your ID at any time. That's kinda cool.
And you can find a florescent bulb? Where you online or off?

Sychosis
Nov 20, 2006, 11:15 AM
You mean I've been walking around with Greennill ID this whole time?!

No wonder I've been finding so many Snihohs!

Thoridan
Nov 20, 2006, 11:21 AM
The color thing you are looking at on armor is the armor's attriubute. Just as weapons, armors have weakness and strenghts against certain elements (so be it iff.[if and only if] you don't have a green color). The fact that they are the same colors as PSO's section I.D's is because I.D's used all the colors of the rainbow, as does the elements.

Items drop at random.

Although theorys about game play are nice and I like looking into them, this one isn't even worth trying. If there were any influence on drops it would be subconciously evident either through direct readability or common knowledge.

Chimeria
Nov 20, 2006, 05:20 PM
I know that the colors indicate the armor's and weapon's attributes. I mentioned that in the first post. Did you even see the part where i mentioned that in order to equip a whitill wing I had to have a light attrtibute?

Jeez, people are so quick to down someone with what might be a decent theory...

SpishackCola
Nov 20, 2006, 05:44 PM
the armor you initially had on could've been a lower rank than whitill wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYvmbGmaiA
No switching of armor between the electric and dark units

ChocoboChad
Nov 20, 2006, 06:08 PM
Maybe the armor you had on before didn't have the right slot.

I dunno, maybe?

Potentially valid discovery....Section I.D.'s. Heheh...

Banert
Nov 20, 2006, 06:18 PM
*Ahem* (equips fire armor) I would like to say that I actually liked the idea of section ID's. I liked the idea that only 1/8th of the PSO population could find the same weapons as me as easily as I did. Although it is completely true that you could just make characters of every ID and gather rares, I for one was not going to go through the trouble of getting 8 characters to ultimate. Especially considering that PSU will have an actual economy it would be nice if you could sell something that customers couldn't find on their own (or without going after a 1/28000 drop rate). I do miss the ID's, even a temp ID dependant on your armor would help to alleviate a bit of my worry over everyone using the same gear (all sword hunters using Svaltus blades, rangers using Bulletmasters). For that sake I hope this is true.

p.s. I know that each ID only actually had one or two unique items to it, but there were ID's that were more logical to hunt certain items on (more common drops, more common enemy)

Genobee
Nov 20, 2006, 06:55 PM
Yea thats a crap theory, LOOK AT THE COLOERS ZOMG. anyone else have any thing else that will waste are time?

Gazette
Nov 20, 2006, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock into this theory.
Yeah your armor may have a little circle section ID looking thing,
But mine sure as hell doesn't...

And either way, being able to change your ID at will by changing armor defeats the purpose of the ID in the first place.

Tuxedose
Nov 21, 2006, 08:57 AM
One intresting thing thou. I went around searching for Kubara wood in story mode and then I found a post here in the forums about a theory that stated that if you epuip certain elements on your armor weapons the element could enhance the shance to find some item with the same element like the kubara wood. I went 3 hours in story mode in relics without any specific element and found no KUbara wood. then I equiped earth armor earth daggers and such. And after only 2 runs in relics I found it. So it might be that elements enhance the percantage of certain items chance of be found. Its at least an intresting theory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.