PDA

View Full Version : Is the 450 PM worth it anymore?

Riale
Nov 20, 2006, 12:19 PM
I've been meaning to start raising my PM, and as primarily a hunter I've been looking to make a cheap n dirty mind PM for battle. But, I play on PC, so of course with the last patch the 450s have been made near useless.

I have a feeling SEGA will eventually fix this, as it seems to be a bug with the latest patch that is only affecting PC/PS2 users. But, the question is how long will it take them, and even if they do fix it, is the 450 still all that?

Keep in mind that I plan on eventually becoming a Wartecher, so the healing isn't 100% needed. I also enjoy crafting, so a 100 striking PM has its benefits... For those that have used a 450 in battle pre-patch, how was it? Is it worth it even if you can heal yourself?

Also, I know pure tech PMs are a pain to make... Granted the cheap and dirty 450 only needs 30 tech, but it still sounds like more of a pain in the butt to raise than a pure striking PM.

What would ya'll reccomend?start raising it.

Arieta
Nov 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
The only going point for the 450 was the healing, nothing else. It's damage is just plain sad. When it actually decides to attack , it misses a lot, and if it happens to hit it'll do a whopping 30-50 damage at level 60. And that's not a typo. I've been in combat with all the PM's and I have to say that the ranged ones are the worst. They attack veeeeeerrrrryyyy slow. The 420 (?) the pure ranger one attacks like 10 times a minute.

The best PM for pure damage would be the 410. Once you get it's B St's up, it stays in combat more and likes to spam it's PA's which hit for 350-400 damage + when it's level 60, and crit for 700+. It's normal melee attacks do 150-200ish from what I've seen. It likes to stay with the twin sabers which gets 6 hits, so yea she packs a punch.

segadrm10
Nov 20, 2006, 12:27 PM
yea i like my 410 and ive been soloing with her and she helps me alot, and when she gets to low hp she heals her self with resta so thats good.

Rainey
Nov 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
If you're like me and want to make a pure TECH for crafting, then it's worth it I think (and it's good to start on it if you haven't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it took me around 2 weeks to finish mine) But if the main reason you want the 450 for is for its resta spams, I guess you should just wait a bit (since it doesn't take as long to raise TECH to 30), although I have a feeling it'll be fixed soon once the JP side got theirs fixed too.

Oh yea and I never really used my 450 in battle since she's more of a crafting bot for me than a healer (since I'm a FO myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif), so can't really tell you much about how she performed in battle before.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rainey on 2006-11-20 09:47 ]</font>

Turambar
Nov 20, 2006, 01:21 PM
"Suffer!" "Die!" "Burn!! hahaha" Yeah, the mini-chukie is still worth it just for that, IMO.

AeraLure
Nov 20, 2006, 01:27 PM
Assuming they fix it, yes its worth it, but only if: you wish to synth Force weaponry at some point and/or you plan to solo with a character that doesnt (or isnt planned to) have access to Resta. In those two cases the 450 is of course a boon. Outside of that though, I'd go with something else.

Witchblade56
Nov 20, 2006, 01:53 PM
Armor PM on fleece [crafting purposes] and striking on my beast [again crafting purposes].

I enjoy not having to pay out the rear for a b ranked weapon/armor piece.

Thought about doing a 450 on my newm however if shes broke ill just wait. I may still level it up for crafting purposes though , we'll see.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
You don't want a pure 450 for crafting if you're wartecher. UNLESS you plan on selling the weapons.

You don't NEED a 450 for battle if you can resta yourself. Despite what many 450 advocates say.

Lastly, it depends on what sort of Wartecher you will be. First off, your class ATA naturally sucks. If you are going beast or human, go for RA IMO. I have the 440 on JP servers and its shock rate is actually decent. No, they don't damage for shit. But if you do good damage yourself that shouldn't matter.

If you are a newman or cast you don't need the EVP reduction that a RA PM provides. Go with 410.

Now the only other thing you need to factor in is what sort of weapons you want to craft.

Vhex
Nov 20, 2006, 02:18 PM
On 2006-11-20 09:23, Arieta wrote:
The only going point for the 450 was the healing, nothing else. It's damage is just plain sad. When it actually decides to attack , it misses a lot, and if it happens to hit it'll do a whopping 30-50 damage at level 60. And that's not a typo. I've been in combat with all the PM's and I have to say that the ranged ones are the worst. They attack veeeeeerrrrryyyy slow. The 420 (?) the pure ranger one attacks like 10 times a minute.

The best PM for pure damage would be the 410. Once you get it's B St's up, it stays in combat more and likes to spam it's PA's which hit for 350-400 damage + when it's level 60, and crit for 700+. It's normal melee attacks do 150-200ish from what I've seen. It likes to stay with the twin sabers which gets 6 hits, so yea she packs a punch.

420, isn't pure ranger it's the version 2 of strike, Claw type. Its an independent type so it isn't confined to an area near you, therin attacking more enemies and being able to focus on a target, unlike the mindless AI of the 410 that acts as your little body guard. As far as I've seen my 420's claw does way more damage than the 410 sword, and the twin daggers dish out damage way faster than the twin sabers. As far as I'm concerned, if your a hunter and you don't need a meatsheild, the damage output of a 420 is far superior to 410, expecially since its claw is dark element and has more atk. In Holy A, my PM crited 1000 dmg.

Riale
Nov 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
Well I'm a male beast, so ATA certainly is an issue... But I'm not real keen on the ranged PMs, I really, really enjoy crafting, either to use or to sell. As a Wartecher I think the ability to make melee weapons would be more useful than the ability to make Force weapons, or guns. I'm interested in the 420 for a melee companion, but they can't be pure striking so I don't know how great it'd be for crafting... Hmmm

Sounds like the 410 or the 420 is my best bet so far.

Witchblade56
Nov 20, 2006, 03:29 PM
Since when do PM's boost stats of the player characters? EVP reduction is what effects the PMs attacks do to enfeble the mobs or what? Im alittle confused here :/ sorry.

I'd do 450 for my newm to craft FO weaps. Thing is im not altogether convinced that 450 would be the way to go with a Force character. She'd just be there to churn out force weapons.

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 03:33 PM
I'm a future Wartecher with a 450 and it's near-pure Tech since I have plenty of friends with Strike PMs. I don't think ATA will be a problem since I haven't had any issues hitting monsters as a Hunter or Ranger, plus part of being a Wartecher is buffs, so that will be taken care of.

But the 450 does do some pretty abyssmal dmg (but attacks often for me) and the occassional Jellen is helpful, but now that the healing is gone it's lost a lot of its novelty. In my opinion though, unless you're antisocial it doesn't matter which PM you get as long as it synths what you want. In the end you'll want a group of humans for S rank missions.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 20, 2006, 04:20 PM
SEGA JP has already started working on fixing it, this is a bug not a nerf