PDA

View Full Version : bees in parum

joshmack
Nov 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
Is there an easier way to defeat the new bees in the 2 new parum stages? My male hunter best lv 45 hits for zero's like it's going out of style. would I need a force to help me out on this stage? I usually just play with my friend who is a lower lvl hunter and it takes forever for us to kill the buggers. FYI i attack them from behind as well, but when there are 10 of them it's kinda hard.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 20, 2006, 12:48 PM
You need to use a FO in that stage if you want to easily clean that area. It's like Temple in Neudais, They are week to elements more than melee. You can try a Force with a maxed Diga which would do about 800 a piece.

AngelLight
Nov 20, 2006, 12:55 PM
The bees are not so bad to nail....point blank range with a shotty is like 150-275 a shot. But there's no way I'll walk away from fighting them without taking some damage, since they swarm all over you.

Thankfully, they dont spit megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

physic
Nov 20, 2006, 12:57 PM
if you got to melee, remember your a beast, so you got the worst dex use your weapon with the highest acc, which is probably a spear, maybe a saber, i forget, and use the regular attacks as they dont get less of a % for accuracy, this said they are mobs made to be very tough for hunters, force would have the best advantage on them. rangers may be able to handle em, but they are hard even for ra, freezing em helps or trying to get behind, but they move and what not.

MrGrieves
Nov 20, 2006, 12:57 PM
It helps to remove bullets from guns too, since they increase your chance to miss.

joshmack
Nov 20, 2006, 01:10 PM
On 2006-11-20 09:57, physic wrote:
if you got to melee, remember your a beast, so you got the worst dex use your weapon with the highest acc, which is probably a spear, maybe a saber, i forget, and use the regular attacks as they dont get less of a % for accuracy, this said they are mobs made to be very tough for hunters, force would have the best advantage on them. rangers may be able to handle em, but they are hard even for ra, freezing em helps or trying to get behind, but they move and what not.

yeah I use the spear on them a lot, but it's amazing how the zero's flow and it seems like the more you kill the more they spawn. can't complain though since I do a lot of damage otherwise on other enemies. but the swarm makes me not want to play Lab A since there are a lot of bees there and not much reward even on A.

HC82
Nov 20, 2006, 01:48 PM
Might want to consider synthing some ATA enhancing boost items. I think they are called zioatrides?

Sexy_Raine
Nov 20, 2006, 04:27 PM
Yes, use a force. ATA will mean nothing.

FenixStryk
Nov 20, 2006, 04:36 PM
Forces are the only things that can take these things down reliably. Even a CAST Ranger has trouble landing hits on these suckers.

Polly
Nov 20, 2006, 04:44 PM
I usually just save a pair or two of twin daggers for em and spam the shit out of the PA. I've been quite surprised with how few 0s I get as a Human Female Hunter (when normal attacks whiff more than 60% of the time). That's the most consistent method I've used to deal with them. Kinda lame I guess, but if it works, why argue x)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-11-20 13:46 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Nov 20, 2006, 04:52 PM
Their evasion is so high http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I have 217 ATA and I still get 0's

ezcactus
Nov 20, 2006, 04:54 PM
Yea, these things definitely don't seem right. I brought a small group over to Lab rescue, A ranger, a hunter, my PM and me (a force). They couldn't touch the things at all. Wouldn't be too much of a problem, except they have crazy amounts of HP to go with it. Anytime we hit a room of them, I burned through half a rod killing them all. I wasn't leveling spells either, these were level 20 Digas hitting for ~850 a pop. Later I switched to my Foie staff, and noticed when burn went off, it was hitting for 500 a tick. That's around the same amount my burn was hitting the big guys on Moatoob for. A swarm of bugs with the same amount of hp as huge monsters 10 times their size...

I have a feeling you aren't suppose to touch those things until the eva/acc up/down spells come in. That, or it's intended that only Forces are suppose to kill these while everyone else AFKs in the hallway.

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 05:01 PM
I think its intended to make people want to group with forces for more than healing. Sure, we do tons of dmg per spell, but we're still easily out DPS'ed by every Hunter on 2 legs. But the Freezing>moving behind tactic works too, you just might want a force to Barta them since bullets tend to miss.

ZiG
Nov 20, 2006, 05:14 PM
All of you are making this harder than it needs to be. Forget raising your ATA, or using weapons with more acc. Attack them from behind. The ones in the gol dova mission don't even turn to face you even if you're solo.

Slappdaddy
Nov 20, 2006, 05:18 PM
EDIT: looks like i got beat to post this tidbit

get behind them and you can hit them easier. from my experience they will continue to face away from you and you can just shoot or swat away at them UNLESS you use and land a knockdown PA, then when they get back up they will be facing you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slappdaddy on 2006-11-20 14:21 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 20, 2006, 05:23 PM
I will admit, though, that the BUGGE robot bugs in Endrum are pretty tough, because they DO turn to face you, albeit slowly sometimes. It's best to use a quick weapon on them, so you can circle around and hit them a few times before they turn. They're really a pain.