PDA

View Full Version : Seriously....Scape Dolls people -_-

Nietzsche
Nov 20, 2006, 01:17 PM
Its not just about S rank vs A rank anymore, with the added challenge of these new missions its just as easily about S rank vs C rank... happened to me last night on Desert Terror, long mission to have no mission points or messeta to show for it >.<

Bleemo
Nov 20, 2006, 01:22 PM
LOLOL WUT U TALKIN BOUT I AINT PLAYIN WITH NO DOLLS I AINT NO LITTLE GIRL

Thelonius
Nov 20, 2006, 01:29 PM
I agree, Nietz... going thru the mission and getting nothing in return does suck!

Nietzsche
Nov 20, 2006, 01:30 PM

i have it on good authority they actually look more like GI JOE, so its not so bad

happy_cricket
Nov 20, 2006, 01:31 PM
It seems to me that if you die, most leaders will boot you whether you had a scape doll or not. SO I can see why many people would only use them when playing with friends.

Nietzsche
Nov 20, 2006, 01:34 PM
I have never seen anyone get booted for dying with a scapedoll, but i can't speak for everyone out there, if they do its pretty messed up as you don't have to be a total noob to die anymore

FinalDragon
Nov 20, 2006, 01:36 PM
So, Scape Dolls keep the rank from plummeting after death?

Nietzsche
Nov 20, 2006, 01:38 PM
yes dying with a scapedoll doesn't count as an incap in the current missions

Magician
Nov 20, 2006, 01:41 PM
I carry five, always.

Natrokos
Nov 20, 2006, 01:41 PM
^ Yes.

I wouldn't worry about scapes until you start frequently running A rank missions. But I think everyone should carry at least two. They aren't hard to get ahold of....They sell in pshops for 1k-1.5k or you can make them easily enough....Plus I haven't died in about 8 levels (not missions, levels.) so it's not like you go through a bunch.

I played with a guy who had DEATH=BOOT and he ended up getting hit by megid. Accidents happen, people who deny it are flat out stupid. If you boot a guy who has a scape you are one of the stupidest people in the game.

RamenEater
Nov 20, 2006, 01:58 PM
Its ok to die if its your first run ever, because its still fun. But if you are grinding yea, carry those scape dolls.

Pure-chan
Nov 20, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-11-20 10:30, Nietzsche wrote:

i have it on good authority they actually look more like GI JOE, so its not so bad

But... my dolls look like Strawberry Shortcake! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, I agree. I tend to carry a bunch of dolls since a) I avoid dying when possible, b) My PM and shared storage are already full on dolls and c) I haven't set up a shop yet to sell off the excess.

...of course, if you've run out and don't have meseta to buy more for some reason, I won't begrudge for dying, either. I might even share a couple with you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Po-Fu
Nov 20, 2006, 02:18 PM
I end up giving out more scape dolls than actually using them. @_@;;; I think the last time I died (Before the update) was...Hrm. Level 29 or 31? I started carrying them after that, and haven't died since. Well, before that little accident in the Desert Terror, but hey. Accidents happen!!

LoserMaster
Nov 20, 2006, 03:48 PM
I carry one, because I rarely have to use it. I don't Rambo enemies, I do the classic "dodge and strike" which seems to work in every adventure/real time RPG. If I get low on health, I run and heal. Then I kill more. I have very little mind of dying. Last time I died was level 16.

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 03:56 PM
I carry quite a few on me, the most enjoyable missions tend to have a few monsters that use megid, so it's always a gamble to run in without one.

MayLee
Nov 20, 2006, 03:56 PM
I try to find or synth mine.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 20, 2006, 03:57 PM
Those B missions on Moatoob are no joke, but the action is awesome. Carry at least one scape doll, and don't get surrounded by the enemies.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 20, 2006, 04:17 PM
I always have 5 on me and 10 in my storage. Combine me being a ranger with my 5 scape's. You got one player you don't have to worry about killing rank.