PDA

View Full Version : Synthesis and Grinding Questions

Flamingo99
Nov 20, 2006, 04:55 PM
When you synthesize a weapon or armor piece, and you check the time left for completion, the PM says something like "I hope this works" or "I feel okay about this." Do what they say have any bearing on the completion or failure of an item?

Is your first grind on a weapon "free," in other words, will it be successfull 100% of the time?

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-11-20 13:55 ]</font>

Polly
Nov 20, 2006, 04:56 PM
When you synthesize a weapon or armor piece, and you check the time left for completion, the PM says something like "I hope this works" or "I feel okay about this." Do what they say have any bearing on the completion or failure of an item?

The sayings seem tied to the %. I figure there's different sayings with different ranges of success percentages.

Is your first grind on a weapon "free," in other words, will it be successfull 100% of the time?

It's luck dependant, it seems. And even then, I've heard of weapons breaking going to +1.

Nayla
Nov 20, 2006, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the PM's phrases are related to the success rate % of the item. "I feel okay about this" is like 70-80% while "I hope this works" is lower (50 ish?) Doesn't really mean a whole lot, I'd pay attention to the %'s.

As for the grinding, I have no idea.

ChaosCult93
Nov 20, 2006, 05:42 PM
With no luck, grinding a C rank weapon with a +1 C grinder, the NPC attendant said Certain.

Every time I've attempting grinding with any grinder and with either 0 or 1 luck, the attendant said Certain for going from +0 to +1.

Whether someone's pulling your leg about breaking from 0 to 1 or Certain doesn't actually translate to 100% success, I don't know. But it's been my limited experience of 8 C rank grinds 0 to 1 that I have succeeded 100% of the time.