PDA

View Full Version : Advance Class Abrviations

bunnysama
Nov 20, 2006, 07:38 PM
I proposed this on a thread on the offical SEGA PSU boards and thought I'd post it here for consideration. Since the pso classes had abrevations it only makes sense that we have them for PSU so I propose that for the "Forte" classes just add an "S" to the front(for s-rank)

So a Male human Fortefighter would be a SHUmar. fortegunner SRAmar and so on

The hybrids can be abreviated to 2 letters (3 for protranser)
So Figunner is FI
Wartecher is WA
Guntecher is GU
and protranser is PRO

As for beasts, the abr. of Fur seem popular enough, so furs and furls for them.

Maskim
Nov 20, 2006, 07:44 PM
Soooo...I'd be a Fifur? Just sounds funny. Not bad or wrong, just funny.

bunnysama
Nov 20, 2006, 07:46 PM
yup, you'd be a FIfur. I'd be a FIcast or SHUcast (I haven't decided yet)

Remedy
Nov 20, 2006, 07:48 PM
XXbeasts/XXbeastesses

FO, HU, RA, FT, FF, FG, FI, GT, WT, PT

(Force, Hunter, Ranger, Fortecher, Fortefighter, Fortegunner, Figunner, Guntecher, Wartecher, Protranser)

FGnewearl = female newman Fortegunner
PTmarl = female human Protranser
FObeastess = female beast Force

etc.

That's what I use and what seems the most sane. *shrug*

bunnysama
Nov 20, 2006, 07:55 PM
the beast thing is still up for debate, I don't play a beast so how they get nicknamed doesn't concern me.

As for the Forte classes. I think that it should still be pronouncable, you can't really enunciate FT as a syllabul

A2K
Nov 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
To tell you the truth, I'd rather those PSO-style identifiers remain in PSO. I don't believe they have a place in PSU.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 20, 2006, 08:07 PM
And yet caseal and cast are confirmed as race names for casts.

So I don't really see why the others don't belong in PSU.

Metempsychic
Nov 20, 2006, 08:12 PM
...Beast Fortefighters would be SHUfurs. Also, it's incredibly hard to say SFOxxx.

It's not a bad idea, but I agree with A2K; PSO style classifications don't have a place in PSU. I think it's easier just to use acronyms.

FO, HU, RA, FF, FT, FoG, FiG, GT, WT, PT
B, H, N, C

Trying to turn some of the combos into names with the old PSO system results in rediculous names that I wouldn't enjoy saying.

To each his own, I suppose. I'm willing to bet that if you use a logical system people will understand it regardless.

butzopower
Nov 20, 2006, 08:23 PM
I still call 'em MAGs.

Really, we just need symbol chat so we can identify our races/classes like we did with Section IDs.

Neith
Nov 20, 2006, 08:36 PM
Not fond of 'furl' and 'fur' as Beast name identifiers. 'Beast' and 'Beal' sound awkward too.

My suggestion: Use some of the word syllables?
Fortefighter: FF/FFR
Fortegunner: FG/FGR
Fortecher: FT/FTR
Figunner: FiG
Guntecher: GT/GTR
Wartecher: WT/WTR
Protranser: PT/PTR

Although, in all honesty, I don't think PSU needs a system like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-11-20 17:37 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
Abbreiviations are fine, but the ones on psupedia have already been in use.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 20, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-11-20 16:46, bunnysama wrote:
yup, you'd be a FIfur. I'd be a FIcast or SHUcast (I haven't decided yet)

I would be a SHUcast. Thier way better. In my opinion that is. Only reason most people are being FIcasts is because of the double saber and they can use some guns.

Shade-
Nov 20, 2006, 08:53 PM
I dont know where people came up with the fur/l. Other than the fact that thier nanoblasts have fur, it isn't even relelent to thier name.

Female counterparts to each race always ends in an "l", so the most pronouncable names for beasts that are possible would be XXbea and XXbeal. I leave male beast as 'bea" because the male name is also shorter than the female for the other 3 races. As for the prefixes for the class names, it's a lost cause. Most are unpronouncable, and over half of them start with "F", that alone was either a mistake by ST or a clear indicator that the old naming system was out of place in PSU. Although, I did like the prospect of having a shorter way to say female cast guntecher, but "GTcaseal" is 100% no better then jsut saying it.

galaxy
Nov 20, 2006, 10:18 PM
just for the sake of discussion, i think people are breaking down the PSO abbreviations a little incorrectly.

go by Gender and race first. Males all end in some sort of consonant: Newm for newman males, Mar for human males, and Cast for cast males.. females ALL end in some form of in l: Marl for human femals, Newearl for newman females, Caseal for cast females.

Then class: hunters had HU, rangers had RA, and forces had FO.

beast and cast both end in st. So according to this criteria, beasts should go as follows:

HUbeast, RAbeast, and FObeast for males
HUbeaseal, RAbeaseal, and FObeaseal for females.

But I am of the crowd that thinks this abbreviation system is out of place in PSU. Im just putting this up to humor myself.

Ryoki
Nov 20, 2006, 10:22 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:18, galaxy wrote:
just for the sake of discussion, i think people are breaking down the PSO abbreviations a little incorrectly.

go by Gender and race first. Males all end in some sort of consonant: Newm for newman males, Mar for human males, and Cast for cast males.. females ALL end in some form of in l: Marl for human femals, Newearl for newman females, Caseal for cast females.

Then class: hunters had HU, rangers had RA, and forces had FO.

beast and cast both end in st. So according to this criteria, beasts should go as follows:

HUbeast, RAbeast, and FObeast for males
HUbeaseal, RAbeaseal, and FObeaseal for females.

But I am of the crowd that thinks this abbreviation system is out of place in PSU. Im just putting this up to humor myself.

lol, you remind me a lot of Hyuga. I'm sure that's why he is your avatar. Just don't hit on my sister...

Anyways, as a beast, I don't see the term Fur or Furl getting very far, so I think galaxy's is much more reasonable.

________
Honda XRM (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_XRM)

Eternal_Drake
Nov 20, 2006, 10:27 PM
SRAcast

Itsuki
Nov 20, 2006, 10:34 PM
The japanese system is:

FF: ForteFighter
FG: ForteGunner
FT: Fortecher
fG: Fighgunner
GT: Guntecher
WT: Wartecher
PT: Protranser.

Yup, they just make fighgunner use a lower case f.

FenixStryk
Nov 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
Seems like I'm seeing a pattern. The only conflict is Figunner and Beasts. IMO, Figunner should be FI and beast males/females should be bar, barl. HUbarl, FFbarl. Sort of like HUmar, but with a b instead of an m.

Candor
Nov 20, 2006, 11:16 PM
at least this way people won't mispell fortetecher.
i like the fur furl for beasts, other ways MAY be more accurate, but don't sound too good in my opinion...plus a male beast force sounds funny in that form http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lyrise
Nov 21, 2006, 12:27 AM
On 2006-11-20 19:34, Itsuki-chan wrote:
The japanese system is:

fF: ForteFighter
fG: ForteGunner
fT: Fortecher
FG: Fighgunner
GT: Guntecher
WT: Wartecher
PT: Protranser.

Yup, they just make fighgunner use a lower case f.

Correcting your post.

It's really the other way around. fG is Fortegunner, FG is fighgunner. In fact, all the Forte classes use lower case. Why? Think of it in terms of music; f=forte.

Itsuki
Nov 21, 2006, 12:55 AM
Oh, whoops~ my bad