PDA

View Full Version : PMs more slanted against tech than first thought?

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 09:57 PM
Maybe you guys covered it here before, but I noticed something strange today. Not only is Strk a lot cheaper to add to a PM, but it gives better synths. Or so that's what I'm to believe.

Let's take these 2 Partner Machines:
Mine, a GH 450 with 10 Strk, 84 Tech, and 9 B St
My friends, a GH 410 with 82 Strk, 18 Tech, an 7 B St

I put a Hajirod board in mine, 80% for a 5* Rod.
She puts a Cresaud board in hers, 86% for a 7* Sword.

Am I the only one that sees this issue?

Furthermore, she puts a Scepter board in hers, 78% for a 4* Wand. Does Tech barely increase the chance or am I missing the memo that says you're not supposed to be a force?

[EDIT] Fixed title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2006-11-20 19:06 ]</font>

Ryoki
Nov 20, 2006, 10:03 PM
That is odd. I noticed that too, sorta. It seems the Strk. stat dominates all (except perhaps armor.).

________
ARIZONA DISPENSARY (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

Knownoes
Nov 20, 2006, 10:16 PM
Last I heard armour doesn't increase your chances too much either. Changes it from what, 35% to 50% for later armours?

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 10:22 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:16, Knownoes wrote:
Last I heard armour doesn't increase your chances too much either. Changes it from what, 35% to 50% for later armours?

My other friend's PM with 100 Armor and 13 B St has...
70% on Brandline (2*)
70% on Stellaline (3*)
56% on Assino-senba (5*)

It looks like armor is capped at 70%, whereas weapons are capped at 90%. That would be the issue.

Randomness
Nov 20, 2006, 10:31 PM
Isnt Cresaud a Crea weapon though?

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 10:34 PM
It has the description of one, so I'd assume so. She's convinced otherwise. I'd check, but she has no 5* weapons for direct comparion in her store. If it were Crea though, it's still giving an advantage to Strk since there's no Rng or Tech Crea weapons.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
How can She have 86% for a 7 star sword... something is wrong there. Im at 78% for 5 stars with a 9 B st. My pm is at lv 97 with 3 less strike then your friend. Is there a bonus at 100?

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:41, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
How can She have 86% for a 7 star sword... something is wrong there. Im at 78% for 5 stars with a 9 B st. My pm is at lv 97 with 3 less strike then your friend. Is there a bonus at 100?

Your PM makes more sense put next to mine.. maybe there is a bonus for Crea weapons.

Randomness
Nov 20, 2006, 10:45 PM
Creas are supposed to have naturally high success rates.

Ether
Nov 20, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:45, Randomness wrote:
Creas are supposed to have naturally high success rates.

Exaclty, crea weapons do not follow the normal 5 in a stat = 1% ratio

Flamingo99
Nov 20, 2006, 10:50 PM
so wait wait wait...

making a pure Technic PM will not increase success rate of Force weapons? Then, if what the Laranas said is true, you should create a PM that best complements your character, not what corresponds to your characters class?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-11-20 19:51 ]</font>

Husker_Freak
Nov 20, 2006, 10:55 PM
The Haji board can make 3 rods compared to the chance of making one crea. That is the difference. I assume anything that has only 1 chance of success will be higher. I think the lower percentage for 3 items reflects the chance that all 3 will succeed, not just one. Given 3 chances at a Hajirod it is almost guaranteed that you will get 1 of 3 no matter how low it is. I'd be willing to be when we get an A rod out that the chance will be higher than 80%, but you only have 1 chance.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 20, 2006, 10:58 PM
7* boards give a higher % chance because you only get one go on them.

Jeez.

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:58, -Shimarisu- wrote:
7* boards give a higher % chance because you only get one go on them.Using that logic B's should've gotten a boost since you get 5 tries with a C. Giving such a nice boost to A rank weapons makes going pure not as worth it.

Ether
Nov 20, 2006, 11:06 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:58, -Shimarisu- wrote:
7* boards give a higher % chance because you only get one go on them.

On 2006-11-11 17:18, Lyrise wrote:
using Claire Synthesis isn't a good example. This is because they naturally have high base success rates. You're looking at around 65% for a 7 star weapon if its pure, 59% for an 8 star.

Hmm, who to trust...

-Shimarisu-
Nov 20, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hahah Ether you kill me. Fucking obsessed with showing me up, and all you do is show yourself up by posting a followup to every damn post I make.

I DOUBLE DARE you not to respond to this one.

The only 7* weaps I've ever synthed were all Creas (4 of em) and I have never bothered synthing another board. I merely assumed all 7*s were the same, because it would be a very reasonable assumption given cost of mats/failure.

So yeah, this furthur confirns that I was right all along to buy all my non-crea A ranks cheap from other player stores.

FenixStryk
Nov 20, 2006, 11:50 PM
Shimarisu, you set yourself up for burns like that. I find it amusing, yet mildly pathetic. No offense, of course.
As for the %chance thing? Maybe uhh... maybe weapon type also affects the %? I know my single handgun synths always seem to have higher %s than my bows.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 21, 2006, 12:59 AM
I have a crea board in my Pm and its in the high 80's and I have a 80 strike 20 tech PM. Crea seems to have a high rate probably due to the fact that

A.) Its a drop only board you cant buy it from npc
B.) Only one shot for 1 weapon
C.) The crazy amount/cost of mats to make it

If the % wasnt higher there would be very few people willing to try to make them.

Just to add to your knowledge base, every 5 points of skill adds 1% to your synth of a weapon on that type.

Tech for force
Striking for hunter
Range for Ranger
Armor for armors

There are exceptions obviously but thats the general rule.

Also nobody has confirmed or found any reason to belive battle stat inproves synth yet.

Lyrise
Nov 21, 2006, 01:04 AM
Actually, from a story point of view, the reason why "Crea/Claire" weapons have such a high rate to begin with, is something that is covered in the JP version, but not the US version's descriptions. The 7 stars Crea series, are replicas of prototypes of the very first photon weapons.

The real ones, are also one shot boards, but they aren't so forgiving in the rate. I tried to synthesize a Clairedoubles, the rate was 33%. Obviously I failed; 1.5 million meseta in Materials only to create the Graal Solar system's most expensive scapedoll.

MXdude
Nov 21, 2006, 01:11 AM
Off topic but what does "B st." do and mean? I recently got my 420 and the B st. went up over time while in combat, but what does the level benefit?

Laranas
Nov 21, 2006, 01:24 AM
From what I've seen AI goes up with the B st., and their damage might improve as well. A lot of people say it helps synth but I haven't seen any improvements from 0 to 11.

Itsuki
Nov 21, 2006, 01:25 AM
Just wanted to add that you really need to compare the same stars together or you won't have anywhere near accurate comparisons.

Also, "real" 7 star boards have 3 uses on them. All rare weapons also have different success chances on them. Thinking a Claire would have the same success rate as a normal 7 star would be like thinking a flourescent bulb would have the same success chance as a normal 3 star weapon. Or like thinking a kubara gun would have the same success chance as a normal 6* gun.

MXdude
Nov 21, 2006, 01:29 AM
On 2006-11-20 22:24, Laranas wrote:
From what I've seen AI goes up with the B st., and their damage might improve as well. A lot of people say it helps synth but I haven't seen any improvements from 0 to 11.

oh ok thanks. I hope you're right with the AI, I sware my 420 is blind -_-

Laranas
Nov 21, 2006, 01:32 AM
On 2006-11-20 22:29, MXdude wrote:

On 2006-11-20 22:24, Laranas wrote:

oh ok thanks. I hope you're right with the AI, I sware my 420 is blind -_-

I'm pretty sure I'm right, my friend said that his 440's aggresiveness notably increased with the level.

@Itsuki: I don't know if you read the first few posts or not but at the time of the first post the "crea-ness" of the Cresaud was still in debate between me and my friend. Regardless, we didn't know they had a different rate, we just saw them as weapons Beast/Cast couldn't use.

Carbinne
Nov 21, 2006, 01:39 AM
I read in the synthesis help thing that supposedly the chances of making stuff goes up as you synth things. Is this true?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 21, 2006, 01:52 AM
On 2006-11-20 22:25, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Just wanted to add that you really need to compare the same stars together or you won't have anywhere near accurate comparisons.

Also, "real" 7 star boards have 3 uses on them. All rare weapons also have different success chances on them. Thinking a Claire would have the same success rate as a normal 7 star would be like thinking a flourescent bulb would have the same success chance as a normal 3 star weapon. Or like thinking a kubara gun would have the same success chance as a normal 6* gun.

Thanks for the jibe, but it's really not the same, because Claires aren't Kubara, but weapons from a manufacturer.

I did assume all 7 star boards were the same, but that doesn't mean it's the same as thinking joke weapons that usually don't have as great a use as regular ones would have the same synthing %s. I assumeed actually, that those were fixed %s, similar yo "useless" items like room furniture. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF THIS IS INCORRECT INFO ALSO.

PLEASE tell me you aren't scoffing at my lack of knowledge of a videogame you plainly studied *hard* for (???), because that would be really, REALLY sad.

Kaply
Nov 21, 2006, 05:40 AM
I'm wondeirng if the one try boards, or the rare weapons of this game, all have a set success rate. Reason I'm saying this is that the fluoro bulb has the same success rate regardless of how much strike your PM has, it also has only one try. I'm guessing that the crea boards might also follow this line of logic if they're only one try as well.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 21, 2006, 06:44 AM
Nah, the creas definitely increase, but I don't think the "joke" weapons do. I'm not sure though, but I swear mine on JP had the same success as the one I did on NA, which was on a 100% striking PM.

Zarbolord
Nov 21, 2006, 07:37 AM
I think this subject needs more time to see through it deeper. We might get more info on this as the new PM evolutions come out, they might completely change the success rates depending on which one you take. Also maybe depending on the weapon type, so a GH-451 might be good at tech weapons, but better at wands. A GH-453 might be better at Cards, etc...

Rooroo
Nov 21, 2006, 11:15 AM
Can't really compare it that way, the starting synth % on a zero production level PM for the two items are not the same. There is no bonus at production 100. B.st also do not reflect on % synth, probably functions as a hidden effect.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 21, 2006, 12:58 PM
This is why hunters are the beginner class and force are the expert class

Laranas
Nov 21, 2006, 01:02 PM
On 2006-11-21 09:58, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
This is why hunters are the beginner class and force are the expert classUm, what?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 21, 2006, 11:01 PM
sounds like story mode you start off as a hunter type, if you want to be a force you have to change to it.