PDA

View Full Version : New to PSO-World, and need advice

Sej
Nov 20, 2006, 10:20 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Sej. As my name states I'm decidely impulsive, and this game is no exception.

I've played every type of character to level 15ish, 2 class.

I can't seem to get into any good groups and I'm mainly soloing which is making this game get very boring.

I'm torn between Force and Ranger, though nobody seems to really like forces cept for healing and I can't really stand playing just healer because someone doesn't carry any monomates.

Anyway, I'm looking for a few things, if you guys have time.:

1) Friends to play with, (Uni, Times, etc.)
2) Tips on how to make Ranger fun, I read the guide, and I like Dual handguns and Rifles but can't seem to really know which make to go with (GRM, Yohmei, Tenora.)

Anyway, those are the two things, guess they're not few.

Thanks for any and all advice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryoki
Nov 20, 2006, 10:25 PM
Sure. I'll look around for ya. But I tend to solo alot. However, if you ever need some synth materials, I have a ton, so just look for my on Uni 15. My character is in my sig. (Same as name.)

Also, currently, with the lack of spells, the life of a force is limited. It will improve. And, don't forget, there are advanced classes, so you could just be a guntecher, and use both TECHNICS and firepower.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-20 19:26 ]</font>
________
XL80 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XL80)

Numnuttz
Nov 20, 2006, 10:25 PM
lol i play a force as well but i heal when its needed and when i can. if people complain than they can die. i hear people perfering yohmei guns the most because they give you more pp.
also it would help to know what system your on pc,ps2 or 360. if that it would be easier to see if people can play with ya.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 20, 2006, 10:26 PM
I dont really feel like being your friend but Ill party with you if I see you.

As for your party woes, I stay on universe 1 and there are usually good parties there, avoiding the assholes.

As for rangers, your weapon really depends on how you like your guns. Yohmei are weak-hitters with loads of pp, grm are middleground, tenora are the hard hitters with low pp. Also Tenora doesnt make rifles so thats one less choice for your rifle selection.

I may also suggest shotguns to you, they are fun to use. If you find yourself with a little extra money, buy a few Mechguns and a PA for them, they are dirt cheap to buy and recharge and level their PAs fast and are good against low levels.

Sej
Nov 20, 2006, 10:26 PM
Oh! I'm sorry. I'm on PC.

I'll hang out in Uni. 15 then.

Pentence
Nov 20, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ahoy and welcome mate.I am usualy running my shop or rping but feel free to look for me my chars are Pent and arino(beast and cast respectivly)

Now as for you rifle and handguns dilema ill just tell you what i prefer and why maybethat will help.For my rifles ill take the yohmei anyday more pp slightly lower atp good acc with a few grinds works out great.I also take yohmei for twins usualy,but i also have a pair of tenoras tehy are vry powerful but do run out quick i usualy use them for heavier mobs that i MUST avoid to not take damage.

well thats my 2 meseta and once again welcome

Sej
Nov 20, 2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks. I guess I'll just have to deal with the whole "I can't use elemental shots for a few levels" thing and just really go to town on Fight For Food and stuff -.-

February
Nov 20, 2006, 10:36 PM
I have two characters, a Female newman named February and a female human named Stella. Just ask me for a game if you run in to me.

Blu_Swade
Nov 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
I'm not online... *gloooom* so I won't be able to party with you, but I can make reccomendations on weapons! Is that really something special? No! But I don' care, I feel like it ^_^'''
I personally prefer the Yohmei brand weapons due to their high photon capacity, as this allows me to rain a hail of bullets upon my enemies ^_^ the Tenoras are stronger, but what good is that without ammo? I will say, however, that I'm using GRMs right now, but that's because I have the Beamgun type weapons (Beamgun, Beam Vulcan, Bullet Master..)
I would not reccomend Bows or Crossbows, the RoF SUCKS, truly SUCKS.
I've said to much and so little, I shan't continue any longer.
Yoush.

BloodDragoon
Nov 20, 2006, 10:45 PM
Something people forget to mention about the different brands is the PP regeneration. Sure 1-2 pp per tic doesn't sound like much but it adds up over time. like the max PP trend yohmei has the best regen rate followed by GRM, and lastly tenora. Also check around a bit I think a couple guns have hidden added effects of their own that can trigger regardless of the bullet PA used.

Also as stated tenora doesnt make rifles but they're the only maker of shotguns. yohmei doesnt make machine guns but is the only maker of bows which are a 2 handed force ranged weapon that does damage comparable to a rifle of the same rank.

Advanced classes will add grenade launchers (which I havent seen used) laser cannons (think rifle on steriods that hits every target in a straight line). and cards for forces which fuction as a handgun alternative.

Me personally when I leveled ranger I went with weapon longevity. C rank missions are no sweat but you burn through PP on guns really fast on B and A rank missions.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 20, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-11-20 19:45, BloodDragoon wrote:
Something people forget to mention about the different brands is the PP regeneration. Sure 1-2 pp per tic doesn't sound like much but it adds up over time. like the max PP trend yohmei has the best regen rate followed by GRM, and lastly tenora. Also check around a bit I think a couple guns have hidden added effects of their own that can trigger regardless of the bullet PA used.

Also as stated tenora doesnt make rifles but they're the only maker of shotguns. yohmei doesnt make machine guns but is the only maker of bows which are a 2 handed force ranged weapon that does damage comparable to a rifle of the same rank.

Advanced classes will add grenade launchers (which I havent seen used) laser cannons (think rifle on steriods that hits every target in a straight line). and cards for forces which fuction as a handgun alternative.

Me personally when I leveled ranger I went with weapon longevity. C rank missions are no sweat but you burn through PP on guns really fast on B and A rank missions.

I feel sort of outcast because I'm a ranger who chooses to use no Yohmei products. When you really think about it Yohmei are the best for the rangers role of distributing status effects [more pp, quicker regen, good accuracy] and the other 2 are just varying degrees of more damage/ less pp [which isnt a rangers role]. If you dont plan on soloing you should probably use Yohmei rifles, if you do you should probably use Yohmei anyways unless you have enough money for additional guns. [or the patience for additional runs].

Also, TENORA is the only manufacturer of Grenade Launchers and GRM the only manufacturer of Laser Cannons [correct me if I'm wrong]

As for where Kubara fits into all of this, they are all around OK, but they become stronger in most degrees then all the other guns when grinded enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eternal_Drake on 2006-11-20 19:54 ]</font>

Eroica
Nov 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
I am a newman female force and I really enjoy the class.

I am often doing the highest damage per second of any class my level when I counter-element a creature or if I simply use Diga. However, due to the force's spells requiring you to aim with no reticle (and time enemy movement patterns), it can be tasking to hit a highly maneuverable target. Thusly, I can also be doing the lowest damage of anyone in my team if I miss a couple of shots. Forces have incredible damage potential but you have to become accustom to aiming and when to settle for easier to tag spells. Foie is vastly easier to hit enemies with than Diga. Although it does less damage per hit, HITTING things is more important. Having to aim makes classes like the Hunter infinitely easier to use.

The AoE spells like Radiga and Razone also have problems targeting creatures, leading to more damage output problems. You direct your camera where you want to fire but you have no control over the distance of the AoE beyond the game's auto-targeting. If you position the camera in what looks to be the center of three creatures the game can target an enemy beyond or a gap inbetween your initial mass of 3. This causes you to waste 16pp (and lots of potential dmg) on a single creature or perhaps priority target number 1, THE GROUND! Also if you kill an enemy in the center of a mass and continue to fire, it can send it blindly into the distance hitting nothing. This isn't a very large problem, but when it does happen it can be very annoying or possibly cause you to take an unnecessary hit.

Your spells also have little to no stun or push-back on enemies. It becomes a necessity to keep the proper spacing on enemies, because your spells also take time to cast. The hunter with rising strike becomes invulnerable to certain enemies temporarily with Rising Strike and its ability to knock down a foe on command. The force has no such sort of benefit from their attacks aside status, which is of course not reliable in close quarters battle. With a wand, on certain enemies, you can continually reset their attack animation if you attack faster. This however is not only limited to few creatures but also not reliable if you don't want to be hit.

Forces are a great asset for groups in missions that are a trial of endurance. They can keep the team afloat with little to no worry and have very high PP counts. I love my Force, but it isn't the best way to go if you want to item collect.
All of the above making playing solo very "difficult" or perhaps extremely 'effing tedious. Continually attacking and running to regain proper spacing makes soloing very undesirable and painfully slow on harder missions. There isn't going to be much rare farming for Forces until they receieve their higher tier spells.

Sorry for crappy structure on Force diatribe! READ IT AND LIKE IT.

A very quick tid bit on Rangers. Long survivability as keeping spacing is easy, lots more status success, and targets become vastly easier to hit. They are costly and often run out of ammunition I hear, having to expend so much PP to kill something. My Force runs around 500m to fully photon up if I am on a long mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eroica on 2006-11-20 20:28 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 20, 2006, 11:38 PM
I only use GRM guns.

They seem to be the middle ground. Tenora has the best Acc and ATP, Yohmei has the best PP and PP regen, I choose the middle ground and go with GRM. Hasn't failed me so far.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 20, 2006, 11:40 PM
Cant say I have any complaints about my Vullseye myself, GRM power.

You gotta get a shotty though man, they are heartiez.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 20, 2006, 11:47 PM
@Eroica: Being a Force is all about timing your spells with the movement of the enemy and even the party. I never join a game without items being on ordered though, as a force and as a hunter.

The worst thing about Forces are there extremely linear range, the slightest slope will interrupt the distance and cast it right in front of him/her.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 21, 2006, 01:17 AM
I have a Racaseal by the name of Lark. I usually just hang out afk in my room while I watch TV and stuff. If you just search for my shop you should find me. I am always up for an excuse to level my pm so I don't mind low level mission.