PDA

View Full Version : PSO on Xbox will not be better then GC's.....

RaXoR
Nov 21, 2002, 10:45 AM
I'm just so sick of people saying "Oh I'm waiting until Xbox version comes out, because I'll be able to talk on it!". I'm going to talk about reasons why it's not good. I know some will agree and some will disagree but who knows. Here it goes:

1. Voice-chat on Xbox Live: You can talk, wow be woop. It's like everyone thinks talking on a microphone is a gift of nature. While it is very good in certain games, their isnt really any positive uses for this. What are you going to say? "WATCH OUT! Rag rappy 10 o clock!". What happens when you talk into the mic what happens when 3 people talk at once? Sure maybe they will limit it to 1 person talking at once. Good god you better hope this person isnt a yapper, you could have to wait for a long time. Then maybe they will put a limit on the time you can talk for. That would be a catastrophe. For all you who have played Alien Front Online know what I'm talking about with the time limit on talking. There is the most pesky things in the world with mic chatting too. You have little kids (very very annoying), people making annoying sounds, people cussing, people playing music with the mic, and people making sexual comments. This doesnt mean much when typed with a keyboard but it will get your attention more on a mic. Sure why not just ignore the people right? You've just wasted the whole function of chatting with people because of someone who was abusing the mic. Well your up late at night playing a game and your not going to be able to chat because if you have others in the house, you wake them BOOM your xbox is gone. It's also funny because YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A KEYBOARD! GC players can just import one!

2. No Hunter's License Fee: Yeh we have a hunters License fee yep we do. Its $8.95 a month and for 1 year the total is $107.40. But wait 1 second your not getting off that easy...Xbox Live costs $59.99 and you get the thing for the whole year. Whats the price to use that after that free year? Anyway I'd like to know who said there is NO hunter's license fee for Xbox anyway. There is a charge of 600 yen per month IN ADDITION to Xbox Live for the Japanese PSO (thats $5 American). Hey it was cheaper in Japan for the hunter license for us, but we pay more now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Could the same happen for you?

TeamPhalanx
Nov 21, 2002, 10:54 AM
Um... Duh? Outside of the X-Box fanboys here, most of us already know this.

The bottom line is that the GC version will have more players, and when it comes to online games, that's a good thing.

RaXoR
Nov 21, 2002, 11:07 AM
Aw man i was gonnna add more but i accidently pressed enter

charr
Nov 21, 2002, 11:15 AM
Even though I'm a GCN player, I still think PSO for Xbox will be pretty cool. Plus it comes with a USB adapter so you can use normal keyboards with the game.

You have a point about all the chatting thing.

There will be a decent keyboard available in the US by the time Xbox PSO comes out. So it's really a matter of which system you prefer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Micro$oft is trying to find a way to prevent cheating on it. Maybe that's why it's taking so long.

Jizzah
Nov 21, 2002, 11:56 AM
There is one reason why the GC version will be better...

Its already out.

I think M$ is waiting for the GC hype to die down so that it doesn't have to compete with it.

Wewt
Nov 21, 2002, 12:10 PM
PSO has the potential to be better for the Xbox. It's a superior system, in terms of hardware. It has an HDD, this could allow fast updates to the game, server side and client side. Of course, this is just theory, but who says it cannot happen?

Also, Xbox has something that the GameCube doesn't have, and this could be the winner: a keyboard in the works. PSO's launch for the GameCube is a joke. How can you allow an online game to launch without proper communication methods?
What's wrong with allowing voice chat? Sure, it has its down side, but you can always switch to using your keyboard. There's no difference from somebody screaming through the mic than those spamming the chat log. An addition to the methods of available communication methods isn't something bad. It's a damn addition, not an alternative.

Xbox Live! users that cheat via the mod-chip get banned. Those are the ones that can potentially break the rules, and cheat. What happened to those people on the Japanese version of the GameCube that broke the rules and cheated? They're still playing the game.

The GameCube has one advantage, and that is the fact that you can play it right now. Other than that, I can't think of any other advantages.

Jizzah
Nov 21, 2002, 12:20 PM
I have no trouble with the Soft Keyboard. Its kinda slow, but I'm still faster than most on it. Much better than $80 to type right now.

Nicoledramon
Nov 21, 2002, 12:21 PM
Another thing is:
the servers are going to be maintained by Microsoft. They are already banning people from XBOX live for all kinds of stuff. Maybe they will be able to handle all of these wannabe hackers...

I am not so worried about it. I have my GC version and I'll probably stick with it until something really good comes along. I am too lazy to get an XBOX right now...

Malkavian
Nov 21, 2002, 01:39 PM
That's common sense. is the same game, any li'l difference will be enough to make a REAL difference

Atax
Nov 21, 2002, 01:54 PM
And just when you thought the GCN vs. Xbox threads, were over....

Who gives at rat's a**e if PSO is on both Xbox and GCN, its still PSO. No matter which console, or features it has over the other, it's still the same thing. Nothing more, nothing less. Get over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2002-11-21 10:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2002-11-21 11:04 ]</font>

WEBSTER
Nov 21, 2002, 03:23 PM
who cares what one system might have over the other, enjoy what you got.

although it will be kool to say..........."WATCH OUT! Rag rappy 10 o clock!" or for a Hucast........."Someone please heal me I'm to busy killing Boomas!"

Oh and by reading your rant it sounds like you have not even tried xboxlive, cause the talking is nothing like Alien Front Online, for all you who have played on Xbox live know what I'm talking about. And you don't have to scream every time you talk the mic is right next to your mouth and works great...... and why ignore annoying people, when ya can just mute them! And 50 bucks for a year to play MvsC2, CvsS2, GR, MA, UC, PSO, H2, TFO 24 7 to name a few, who cares what happens in a year, those with Xboxlive will deal with it. What you should be worried about is what school you are going to or what career you want instead or if ya have a roof over your head. Not what others will pay when there year subscription is over, a year is a long ways away, but thanks for the concern.

And again why worry about something you don't have, be happy with what ya got and stop writing these biased things.

Davion
Nov 21, 2002, 04:14 PM
The reason I don't like voice chat at all is the fact that censoring it would be nigh-impossible. I don?t want some fool swearing up a storm at me, or making crude sexual comments about boomas or something. I JUST WANT A KEYBOARD! IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK, SEGA!?!?!?

Nidarrock
Nov 21, 2002, 04:46 PM
On 2002-11-21 10:54, Atax wrote:
Who gives at rat's a**e if PSO is on both Xbox and GCN, its still PSO. No matter which console, or features it has over the other, it's still the same thing. Nothing more, nothing less. Get over it.

On 2002-11-21 12:23, WEBSTER wrote:
who cares what one system might have over the other, enjoy what you got.

Agreed. A question though to those who are on Xbox live. Does the voice chat come through the ear peice only or through your TV?

If it is ear piece only then don't use the mic at all and stick with a keyboard if you don't want to hear anybody. Correct me if I'm wrong because I do not have Live, but want to. Save the voice chat feature for friends. Well that's a few of my cents. I'm waiting for the Xbox version then I will choose the GC or Xbox version. I can wait.

Patience is a virtua.

Tigertron
Nov 21, 2002, 04:57 PM
agian for the 1 millionth time you can mute individual players. I have XBL and it is great. I have only met 1 person out of thousands that had a noise prob and i just individually muted him and no prob after that.

Don't take voice chat on XBL as a bad thing. besides you can leave a little message with M$ about ppl with the optins menu somewhere and if they get enough bad "notes" M$ will have a lil "chat" with them.

Kent
Nov 21, 2002, 05:05 PM
Do you people have no experience at all using Xbox Live?

If there's some annoying little 12-year old brat that won't shut up (or anyone being annoying, won't stop talking, or refusing to remove an annoying voice mask), you can use the mute function. It's there for a reason, and it only takes a few seconds to permanently mute one Gamertag across all games. They won't be able to bug you any more unless you unmute them (which is done by the same means as muting them, except there's an unmute function instead of a mute function).

You can send feedback about what you think of the other players to the Xbox Live servers. If a player is "spamming" or screaming into the mic, playing music into the mic (and not turning it down when asked), using fowl language, or being lewd in any way, or even just playing the game in a matter that is annoying or obstuctive of another player, you can send negative feedback to the servers about them. Not only will they post the Gamertags of the top 10 good and bad players on the website for public humiliation, if it gets bad enough, they will issue a temporary universal mute to that account, temporary ban, or, in the worst cases, a permanent ban.

Microsoft also states in the Xbox Live Code of Conduct that any user can and will be banned for use of any cheats where not permitted, use of sexually and/or racially explicit remarks, and stalking and/or harassing other players.

So unless you're very paranoid or you're some kind of GameCube/PS2 fanboy, you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 21, 2002, 05:53 PM
Just the fact that Microsoft is handling the server duties is enough to make me get the Xbox version, and give my brother the GC version.

Microsoft may have security problems with it's OSes, but it's gaming servers are pretty damn secure. Plus, as people have stated here before, Microsoft will not hesitate to temp ban players who are causing a ruckus. On the Internet Gaming Xone(Microsoft's PC game servers), there have been very few cheaters, and those who do are warned or banned.

The voice chat seems like a very nice feature for the game, and the sound for the voice chat comes through your headset, not the game. Not everyone out there is a pervert who will talk about Boomas in a highly sexual way, and many gamers just want to get their message through. Voice chat will be much faster than using even the KEYBOARD(unless you can type 100+WPM accurately. Add in the USB keyboard adapter and you'll be able to easily communicate. The Hard Drive on the Xbox will be able to save security fixes(because, let's face it, this is an online game, and all online games have some flaws), and additional quests or even LEVELS. ST should allow a feature where you could make a weapon after you reach some high mark in the game(like level 200 or S-Rank).

The graphics engine is being redesigned for the Xbox, which will mean that you won't get bad frame-rates in 4-player Battle Mode offline while using the pathetic DC engine. It will look a lot nicer too.

Let me just state, for the record, that I am NOT at all an Xbox fanboy, nor am I a fanboy for any other system. I am just stating the fact that the Xbox version will be better, since the game is being updated with new features(and ST won't be able to fuck the servers up =P).

DjDragoon
Nov 21, 2002, 06:56 PM
Just like DJMonkey, I am not a fanboy but I really think that this tread is pointless. To ask you all again a favor, I would like you to STOP PUTTING POINTLESS THREADS ON THIS SERVER WHEN YOU CANNOT BACK IT UP! I mean, it would be nice to smack you across this tread if I had nuthin better to do(making PSO xbox site right now)but I have to express my views. Look, it's simple, the Xbox version hasn't come out right, and you can't even judge the game since it's not in stores, so stop discouraging people to not buy a version when you only have theories, not facts. Live games on Xbox is great and I do prefer to use the voice chat instead of the keyboard because I can MUTE, and Gamecube doesn't have this feature. When there are more than 2 people talking at once then that's when the voice chat becomes annoying, but you can still hear some people talking at the same time really well. Also Xbox live is only $50. That covers all Xbox Live games for a year. Most Gamecubers are letting down the PSO verison on XB because it COSTS MORE, but that isn't true. Think about it.
Gamecube-$150
PSO-$50
Memory Card-$15(Holds 4 characters)
Keyboard-$150
Online Fee-$8-$10 a month

Xbox-$200(Comes with 2 games)
PSO-$50
Harddrive-Included in Xbox(Holds 12 characters)
Keyboard-USB Keyboard adapter included.
Voice Comm.-Included in Xbox Live Starter Kit.
Online Fee-$50 for a year for all games.

Let's see... GC adds up to about $365 with an online fee of about $10.
Xbox adds up to $250 with online fee of $50 the first year!

Maybe this is why their release dates are so apart, because the Xbox version costs less and people like that.

I still like gamecube but if anyone keeps on harrassing the Xbox I will be postin' again.

haterade
Nov 21, 2002, 07:06 PM
Hope all of you GC/XBox shields ask Santa for lives on your Christmas list...

GreatGino
Nov 21, 2002, 07:31 PM
heres a few clarifications, im tired of arguin between gc and xbox people, its retarded...i miss the days before all this fanboyism started...whatever happened to the day when someone would jus say "i like nintendo better, but sega is still kool anyway"

On 2002-11-21 07:45, RaXoR wrote:

Well your up late at night playing a game and your not going to be able to chat because if you have others in the house, you wake them BOOM your xbox is gone.

most of us that play pso dont have our parents take our games away anymore

It's also funny because YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A KEYBOARD! GC players can just import one!

okay, wrong -- xbox users have had keyboard options since last spring. its called a usb converter. i personally know the man that figured out how to re-wire it for the xbox.
AND we dont have to spend some ridiculous amount on a "gamecube kb."

2. No Hunter's License Fee: Yeh we have a hunters License fee yep we do. Its $8.95 a month and for 1 year the total is $107.40. But wait 1 second your not getting off that easy...Xbox Live costs $59.99 and you get the thing for the whole year.

the LIVE fee is not just for pso, unlike your hunters license. live fee is for the majority of live games.

Whats the price to use that after that free year?

10 bucks a month...i know, it does suck, most people will prolly jus buy a new starter kit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadeus
Nov 21, 2002, 07:32 PM
first I am a Nintendo fan, been with them since NES, and i am getting PS2.

I am getting sick of people trashing Nintendo's system, calling it a kiddie system and the it cant handle some games.

Chew on this, take your top PC and unreal tournament 2003 and run 4 games at the same time. you wont have a good gameing experince. thats the same thing here, the system is runing the same game 4 time, one for each person. ofcourse there will be lag stuff.

and just a thought if Microsoft is running there own servers, what new downloadable quests will be there?

Tigertron
Nov 21, 2002, 08:01 PM
Look dude quests are great but when it boils down to it they are all the same you run around kill some monsters in hope of finding a cool item and get paid a little more. So wow it's a little different but most ppl will probably live with it we are stil paying less.

Sedyne
Nov 21, 2002, 08:10 PM
On 2002-11-21 17:01, Tigertron wrote:
Look dude quests are great but when it boils down to it they are all the same you run around kill some monsters in hope of finding a cool item and get paid a little more. So wow it's a little different but most ppl will probably live with it we are stil paying less.

Hey jackass>

1.) Generally Xbox users pay 15$ more to play PSO online however that extra 15$ will allow them to play another 50 games onlline for FREE like mechassault and shiznit.
2.) again LESS LAG. PSO GameCube Ep2 lags like fucknig Hell even when im with 4 Boradband players. Ask Shadow_Blade he'll admit it. He knows hit, so does Vandal.

Now lpease give me another reason? Do you even own an Xbox? Didn't think so, cuz if u did you wouldn't care so much about this shit. I own all three systems and think Xbox is crap but i think Cube is even bigger crap.

Kalbelgarion
Nov 21, 2002, 08:21 PM
(Posted in other doubled posted thread with fewer replies)

RaXor:

1) Yes, many, many people (few thousand of which visit PSOW, according to a recent poll) think that the XBOX version will be a great version of PSOep1+2 to own. And a great majority of these people think that Voice Chat is a great addition to a game like PSO. As, as you stated, warning other players about monsters is just one positive aspect. Talking and typing is non-existant in Challenge Mode due to the pace of the game. However, with Voice Chat, one can talk and give directions with ease.

When three people talk at once, you hear three voices at once. It's the same thing that happens on any version of PSO when three people type at once: Three communications are recieved, and oftentimes all three cannot be understood. I've been playing on XBOX Live for three months now, and I can safely tell you that a vast, vast majority of the people I have encountered have passed the first grade and have learned to wait their turn to speak.

And I, along with the vast majority of XBOX Live players, ask annoying people, such as those who swear, make obnoxious sounds, and act like cretains, to stop being annoying. If they presist, they are simply muted forever, until I deem it nessisary for them to speak again. Muteing other players is very, very easy. I'm glad that all versions of Episode I and II also include an option to hide text messages from players, too.

I'm sorry if you live in a abusive home, or if you know people with XBOXes that are abused because they may talk during the night. There are Government agencies that can help you and others, if this is the case.

Also, a USB connector will be released for PSO (and possibly other games in the future). The XBOX version of PSO will fully support both Voice Chat and Keyboard Chat. Unfortunatly for PSO lovers everywhere, there is no keyboard available in the States for GCN PSO. There is not even a USB adaptor that lets one use outside keyboards. I am truely sorry.

2) Hopefully I can clear up some of these misconceptions about the online fees. The GCN version, as you stated, has a monthly fee of $8.95/month in the States. You have my sympothy. The XBOX Live Starter kit costs $49.99 (you misstated the price by quite a bit), and it comes with the Headset (A mode of communication. Currently, Gamecube owners must spend a pretty penny [Near or well over $50] *just* to get a mode of communication. Again, I am truely sorry that Sega of America has screwed you over.), two online demos, and one full year of server access. After that first year, Microsoft is looking to charge a fee that is around $8.95/month for ALL XBOX Live games. So, in short, the GCN owners pay a $8.95 monthly fee to play PSO, and the XBOXers will have to pay a similar fee to play PSO and all other online games.

Microsoft's main reps, and many underlings have insisted that the US version of PSO will have no monthly fee, whatsoever. I tend to trust their word, as Microsoft will be running the servers. The Japanese version, however, will have a small monthly fee, which is likely in place to conpensate for the lack of money from software sales, as the folks in Japan get PSOepI+II absolutly free.

ReikenFeralsbane
Nov 21, 2002, 08:49 PM
LOL @ haterade's comment

DJ_Monkey
Nov 21, 2002, 09:22 PM
On 2002-11-21 16:31, GreatGino wrote:

It's also funny because YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A KEYBOARD! GC players can just import one!

okay, wrong -- xbox users have had keyboard options since last spring. its called a usb converter. i personally know the man that figured out how to re-wire it for the xbox.
USELESS FACTOID:

And do you know why the Xbox was easy for people to make USB adapters for? The Xbox control port uses a modified version of USB. So all they needed to do was change a few of the wires around, and boom, you have yourselves a keyboard.

GreatGino
Nov 21, 2002, 09:24 PM
On 2002-11-21 17:21, Kalbelgarion wrote:
(Posted in other doubled posted thread with fewer replies)

RaXor: .......

what he said http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

great way of summin it all up kal, couldnt have said it better myself!

RaXoR
Nov 21, 2002, 09:36 PM
You guys keep talking about muting people, but what was the point of xbox live? SO YOU CAN TALK TO PEOPLE. So if you mute someone, thats just 1 less person that you can talk to. And there will be very very few people to talk to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadeus
Nov 21, 2002, 09:37 PM
SedyneX930 who are you calling a jackass?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadeus on 2002-11-21 18:40 ]</font>

Kalbelgarion
Nov 21, 2002, 09:39 PM
No, the point of XBOX Live is to have an enjoyable time by playing with pleasent people. It's the same idea that's applied to every single online game ever created. All PSOers eliminate the unpleasent people by now joining their games. XBOX PSO simply has another way to stop unpleasent people from ruining one's online fun.

RaXoR
Nov 21, 2002, 09:41 PM
On 2002-11-21 18:22, DJ_Monkey wrote:

On 2002-11-21 16:31, GreatGino wrote:

USELESS FACTOID:

And do you know why the Xbox was easy for people to make USB adapters for? The Xbox control port uses a modified version of USB. So all they needed to do was change a few of the wires around, and boom, you have yourselves a keyboard.

First of all you just said that switch a few wires around you got yourself a KB. Yeh same thing with GC almost...NOT. Oh and microsoft is really picky about KB and it will probably make you lose your ability to use xbox live cause you cant if you have a mod chip in your xbox http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wewt
Nov 21, 2002, 09:48 PM
On 2002-11-21 18:36, RaXoR wrote:
You guys keep talking about muting people, but what was the point of xbox live? SO YOU CAN TALK TO PEOPLE. So if you mute someone, thats just 1 less person that you can talk to. And there will be very very few people to talk to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I could say the same about the block feature on the GameCube version, and all the different instant messengers that are used on the internet. Of course I wouldn't say it, because it's a retarded thing to say.

The point of online games isn't about talking to people, it's about playing with other people. I choose who I play with, nobody forces me to play with who I don't want to play with.

Tigertron
Nov 21, 2002, 10:31 PM
Hey Sedney this is really good, you think I don't own an xbox. Little girl you couldn't be farther from the truth. Not only did I get one of the launch xbox's with the bigger HD's, but I was also a beta testor. i know for a fact that there is no lag if any at all. I don't even own a lamecube, we outta be friends with our hate for the cube. What i was talking about is GC fanboys are saying even though we don't have a monthly fee, we will have to pay for dl quests. That's what I was talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tigertron on 2002-11-21 19:50 ]</font>

Sedyne
Nov 21, 2002, 10:37 PM
>Deleted my dumbass statement http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SedyneX930 on 2002-11-22 03:57 ]</font>

X-thirteen
Nov 21, 2002, 10:45 PM
On 2002-11-21 07:45, RaXoR wrote:
I'm just so sick of people saying "Oh I'm waiting until Xbox version comes out, because I'll be able to talk on it!". I'm going to talk about reasons why it's not good. I know some will agree and some will disagree but who knows. Here it goes:

1. Voice-chat on Xbox Live: You can talk, wow be woop. It's like everyone thinks talking on a microphone is a gift of nature. While it is very good in certain games, their isnt really any positive uses for this. What are you going to say? "WATCH OUT! Rag rappy 10 o clock!". What happens when you talk into the mic what happens when 3 people talk at once? Sure maybe they will limit it to 1 person talking at once. Good god you better hope this person isnt a yapper, you could have to wait for a long time. Then maybe they will put a limit on the time you can talk for. That would be a catastrophe. For all you who have played Alien Front Online know what I'm talking about with the time limit on talking. There is the most pesky things in the world with mic chatting too. You have little kids (very very annoying), people making annoying sounds, people cussing, people playing music with the mic, and people making sexual comments. This doesnt mean much when typed with a keyboard but it will get your attention more on a mic. Sure why not just ignore the people right? You've just wasted the whole function of chatting with people because of someone who was abusing the mic. Well your up late at night playing a game and your not going to be able to chat because if you have others in the house, you wake them BOOM your xbox is gone. It's also funny because YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A KEYBOARD! GC players can just import one!

2. No Hunter's License Fee: Yeh we have a hunters License fee yep we do. Its $8.95 a month and for 1 year the total is $107.40. But wait 1 second your not getting off that easy...Xbox Live costs $59.99 and you get the thing for the whole year. Whats the price to use that after that free year? Anyway I'd like to know who said there is NO hunter's license fee for Xbox anyway. There is a charge of 600 yen per month IN ADDITION to Xbox Live for the Japanese PSO (thats $5 American). Hey it was cheaper in Japan for the hunter license for us, but we pay more now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Could the same happen for you?

1. you have a small point how some people will just yap constantly. but if you did your homework you can mute them.

2. xbox pso will be using the xbox live servers. so no charges other than the 50 dollars you pay when you buy the starter kit.

next time dont make yourself look like a complete fanboy, ok?

ps: sean hates too much http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wewt
Nov 21, 2002, 10:48 PM
How much does it cost to produce a GameCube disc?

X-thirteen
Nov 21, 2002, 10:50 PM
On 2002-11-21 18:41, RaXoR wrote:
First of all you just said that switch a few wires around you got yourself a KB. Yeh same thing with GC almost...NOT. Oh and microsoft is really picky about KB and it will probably make you lose your ability to use xbox live cause you cant if you have a mod chip in your xbox http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

once again you dont know what you are talking about.
it has been stated that xbox pso will come with a usb adapter so you can use a usb compatible keyboard for pso.

isnt it be obvious why MS wont let you use xbox live if you have a mod chip installed?

Sedyne
Nov 21, 2002, 10:51 PM
Well CD-R MiniDiscs are about 10$ more for a 50 bundle than your standard 5inch CD-Rs

and since GameCube uses DVD-MiniDiscs they are probabloy another 5 bucks more per disc. = thats just an estimate. =P

Wewt
Nov 21, 2002, 10:55 PM
On 2002-11-21 19:51, SedyneX930 wrote:
...thats just an estimate. =P

Gotcha.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know they'd cost more. They should, because they are custom-made discs for one purpose only. In the long run, it'll stop video game piracy, and that's very important to everybody involved with releasing a game for a console.

On 2002-11-21 19:55, Sedric wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that we didn't even start the real console war yet, and the bigger storm will come when XBox version comes out?

This is because neither side has had the chance to say "I told you so", yet. Just wait for it, it'll be fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2002-11-21 19:57 ]</font>

Sedric
Nov 21, 2002, 10:55 PM
Why do I get the feeling that we didn't even start the real console war yet, and the bigger storm will come when XBox version comes out?

Sedric
Nov 21, 2002, 11:09 PM
On 2002-11-21 19:55, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
This is because neither side has had the chance to say "I told you so", yet. Just wait for it, it'll be fun.

So are you gonna take part in it? I sure am not.

I'm gonna prepare some popcorns and drinks on the day XBox version comes out. I'm gonna grab a nice and cozy spot on a hill and watch the carnage, while playing my Box version. I'll let you join me if you're not gonna jump into the frenzy like almost everyone else prolly will....

Oh, and I'll definitely make fun of my sis for getting Cube ver if Box one turns out to be better. Nyuk nyuk. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Castoth
Nov 21, 2002, 11:27 PM
Gamecube: Will have far more users playing online but more cheaters/jackasses.

XBox: Will have much fewer players online but the quality of players will be much higher (at least from certain posters' perspectives here).

In terms of community, it's either quantity or quality. I'm going for quantity myself since all of my friends already have GC PSO so that's quality enough for me. In addition, Sega is more likely to support the one with the higher quantity of players since they give more sales in the end (not to mention the direct online fees that go right into their pocket unlike Microsoft's pricing scheme).

Shadeus
Nov 21, 2002, 11:59 PM
well SedyneX930 you are a asshole for calling people that like the gamecube "stupid gay homos". and nintendo is not the only one that makes games for the gamecube. there are 3rd party developers, blame them for boring games. as for nintendo they make realy fun games for everyone. now you cant say that the xbox will have better lag or better graphics because its not out yet. As for you hateing FANBOYS i quess you hate your self because you are a FANBOY of the xbox, doubt me? well look your dissling the Gamecube, but praiseing the xbox. guess your one of those "stupid gay homo fanboys"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadeus on 2002-11-21 21:06 ]</font>

Atax
Nov 22, 2002, 12:41 AM
On 21-11-2002 19:37, SedyneX930 wrote:
Tiger because he's a dumbass. and All the stupid ass homos praising the gaycube. (no offense to gays) Honestly it seems everyone at this site is now "in love with shitcube" as i've said before I HATE FANBOYS...

Hmmm.... Contradicting yourself there, a bit.

they are annoying and dis other systems for no reason.

Like what you're doing now?

The only person i know who gives logiccaly explanation as to why he loves gamecube is CUBE. He owns all 3 systems just as i do. He loves his cube because he likes games better on it than his other two systems. Now thas just like me, I LOVE PS2, i personally think the GameCube is another product of Nintendo's shitty developement.

As a multi-console player myself, who doesn't dis consoles, and seeing as you're absorbed in the 'It's about the consoles, not the games' fanboy rule; I am in every position to say that you have not right to claim that you arn't a fanboy.

Why? Because there games are boring, they spend way too much for their data storage. eg: n64 stil;l used cartridges.

Once again, that thicker-than-2-bricks fanboy head of your's is more worried about what consoles are used, rather than the games themselves.

And trying to reffer to the hardware of an obsellet console doesn't justify what you're saying.

Now minidiscs? i mean those ARE more exspensive than real cd-rs and well it really isn't going to stop copying of gamecube because i believe it can still use burnt games. though its a little harder to do so.

And what does this have to do with you're little fanboy rant?

Overall if you dumbasses logick out the price for what your paying for between both systems to get online with pso and keep playing. It is DAMN NEAR THE SAME NUMBER.

So? Those of us who arn't fanboys knew this already.

Now i know i seem like an asshole right now but i'm trying to prove a point. You shouldn't say dumbass shit like this because your reasoning is idiotic.

Hmmm.... More contradiction.

And again Tiger blocking people to chat with? who the F cares it's no differnt than blocking the people on gamecubes guild cards? so your point gets nuetralized yet again. im just tryin to prove my point.

So what's your point? The thing about muting chatter on XBL is so that you don't have to put up with annoyance. Blocking guild cards in the GCN version does just that, it blocks people who are sending you simple messages, it doesn't prevent people from still typing annoyances in the lobbies.

and as i said before. Xbox version will definitly have its advantages over the shitcubes version.
1. less Lage
2. better graphics i assume slightly

Both version have additions the other doesn't. Get over it.

And graphics on both versions are exactly the same, they both use the same old DC engine.

its negatives:
1) MUCH smaller community im guessing since japans don't like the box so i've heard. And since its ONLY bba compataible.
2.) because ps2 and gamecube outsell xbox by about 50%.

-Sed

Where does PS2 come into this? Last I heard PSO isn't getting released on it.

All you fanboys need to grow a brain before you all starting flapping you're gobs.

faceless
Nov 22, 2002, 12:45 AM
you can pirate gamecube games? in what world? what year?

come on, at least use real facts to back up arguments, not lies.

CKTurbo
Nov 22, 2002, 02:00 AM
This is sad, folks. It's pathetic to see people fight over which PSO version is better, even though both versions are practically identical (albeit a few small differences). So what if one version is slightly better than the other? It's simple - if you own a GC, buy the GC PSO version. If you own a XBox, buy the XBox PSO version. If you own both systems, buy whatever version you like; heck, maybe buy both versions! Just quit with the system wars comments - I'd rather see informative PSO topics than foolish flame threads like this. There are other forums on the Internet to start system wars, and this is not one of them.
If you want to blame someone, then blame Sega, Nintendo, and Microsoft for being selfish ("I don't want to share networks with the other system!" :< ) and splitting the PSO community in half. It's unfortunate that they decided to do that even though both versions are nearly identical. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

- CKTurbo

Sedyne
Nov 22, 2002, 06:38 AM
Ok Antax. You've just 0wned me. Which I appreciate. =P Now I went off too much, which again I'm sorry for and i've stated i don't mean to be an ass, it just comes out when people argue this stuff. And about being an Xbox fanboy? No I definitly am not. If this post was the other way around, i'd be giving the Xbox crap about why it'd be equally poor.

Bottom line - It's a matter of personal opinion.

Apology - Sorry Tiger and anyone else i called a Dumbass because i am one myself fore that matter. To blind in the competition of the whole deal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SedyneX930 on 2002-11-22 03:52 ]</font>

WEBSTER
Nov 22, 2002, 12:34 PM
On 2002-11-21 20:27, Castoth wrote:

XBox: Will have much fewer players online but the quality of players will be much higher (at least from certain posters' perspectives here).

"Xbox Live is popular; it appears to be the understatement of the century today as Microsoft has officially announced that over 150,000 Xbox Live Starter Kits have sold during its first week of availability. The service, which is the first broadband service to surpass 100,000 subscribers, has serviced over 200,000 gamers due to its multiple players on one account feature since release. As a result of the player figures, Microsoft also put forth a few small points of order. First of which being that players have completed more than 5 million games, 500 games per minute, played more than 1 million hours of gameplay (or 114 years) in a week, and more than all games played in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB combined."

Now I was just wondering how many US gamers are online with PSO GC? Cause it seems like there will be more online gamers for Xboxlive then with GC online. And this is only the begining, once Xboxlive goes global I think the numbers will skyrocket and all will be able to play together as world community. ahhh can't wait for the rest of the world to come together for a huge online rump.

You can read the rest of the artical here..........
http://www.planetXbox.com/

haterade
Nov 22, 2002, 12:39 PM
*wonders if any of you fanboys get paid to defend your systems*

WEBSTER
Nov 22, 2002, 12:49 PM
lol, crafty haterade didn't see that one coming....... yawn

Wewt
Nov 22, 2002, 12:58 PM
Nice numbers there, Webster. I think you're forgetting something here, nobody is talking about Xbox Live!, we're discussing Xbox PSO and GC PSO. So those figures mean jack shit.

haterade
Nov 22, 2002, 01:16 PM
On 2002-11-22 09:49, WEBSTER wrote:
lol, crafty haterade didn't see that one coming....... yawn

At least try to say something intelligent, kiddo.

I'm asking for too much.

WEBSTER
Nov 22, 2002, 01:17 PM
Maybe not WWWWWWWWWWWW, but the potential is there, with a huge xboxlive user base, PSOX might do well depending on if it isn't overshadowed by other ambitous RPGs coming out in 2003. No one really knows when its coming out so it might do well beatting the other online RPGs out the gate. Who knows.

Wewt
Nov 22, 2002, 01:34 PM
Yes. The potential is there, but can it really do better with the Xbox's gaming audience? Before the GameCube version's launch, I would've said no, it would do better on GameCube. But as everybody knows, the game has fucked up. In-game bugs, short supplies, and anything else you can think of has damaged PSO's already crappy reputation, maybe even the GameCube's.

If Xbox Live! is doing as well as you say it is, then I really don't know which console PSO would be more successful with. Will the casual Xbox gamer buy PSO, when there are many other good online games available? Probably not.

One thing's for sure, and I'm sure quite a few people can agree with me on this... Xbox PSO hasn't got a lot to live up to, because the GameCube version screwed up.

WEBSTER
Nov 22, 2002, 02:06 PM
So true, with the killer line up of Xboxlive games out and comingout, so many to chose from, PSO might fall behind in shuffle, here hoping Microsoft markets it well and fixes the bugs that plagues the GC version.

WEBSTER
Nov 22, 2002, 03:23 PM
On 2002-11-22 10:16, haterade wrote:
At least try to say something intelligent, kiddo.

I'm asking for too much.

Ahh you mean like this......

On 2002-11-21 15:53, haterade wrote:
What the hell are you getting pissed off about?! Is an X-Box your lovechild or something? Are you whining because people tease your 'baby'? Are you crying because people like games that AREN'T on the X-Box!? Are you upset that people like GC PSO?! Do you not see how stupid you make yourself look?! Why isn't anybody slapping the kids? Somebody, please send him a life through the mail...

On 2002-11-21 10:46, haterade wrote:
*wonders if fanboys have friends*

You XBox d!ckriders have some high expectations... It's good to know the info you get from working at Microsoft... oh, wait, you don't work there, do you? Correct me if I'm wrong, please... somebody smack these kids... ESPECIALLY Tigertron. Use the period button on the keyboard kiddo... I can't really understand the whole "ummmm k xbOX ruLZ GC SUKZZZ!!11" thing.

Slap the children. Please.

On 2002-11-22 09:53, haterade wrote:

When there are 50 million other characters with the samme name, people DO get annoyed with it, and people WILL vent. Some people just addess it more appropriately than others.

On 2002-11-22 09:23, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
I don't think it's right to judge people according to the unoriginality of their name. It's just wrong.

Of course it is. And knowing this, people with unoriginal names should know that this fact will come with the territory of coming with the unoriginality. Especially vast amounts of unoriginality. It's their own fault, they knew they'd hear it when they stepped online, that they'd be dissed for coming with a name like 'SephiCloud', or some other sh!t.

Leave the Sephies alone, they'll always be there.

And many of us'll be here to ridicule the newbs

Just let them be who they are. Same as for all of the Gokus and Trunks's out there. Let them be, and I bet they'll leave you be too.

Not likely. In DC PSO, I can't even count how many of them would run around the lobbies with saved text saying "SUPER KAMEHAMEHA WAVE!!!" In game, they'd say it before a photon blast. Or while running. Or walking. Or standing.

That is all.

On 2002-11-22 09:34, haterade wrote:
Well, at least you're using periods now. *claps*
I must be one smart ass 8-year old. Hell, I'm able to use my periods and all! And yes, you are whining. You've been whining from the first time you've been here. You've been whining when people disagree with your X-Box d!ckriding. All you dumbf*ckers are fighting over nothing, as if Microsoft or Nintendo is paying you to defend their system on a message board... all hail Allah aka Bill Gates... your life will be coming through the mail shortly...

On 2002-11-19 07:11, haterade wrote:

On 2002-11-18 20:54, Kent wrote:

On 2002-11-18 19:18, Neo-Zenji wrote:
Xbox version sucks.

What an idiot, judging that which he cannot yet try.

You can inform us of your little opinion after the thing is released, unless you want everybody to know how closed-minded you are.

*sniff, sniff*

I smell hypocrisy...

On 2002-11-22 09:39, haterade wrote:
*wonders if any of you fanboys get paid to defend your systems*

Hopefuly one day I can sound as intellegent as you, kiddo.

Castoth
Nov 22, 2002, 03:46 PM
On 2002-11-22 09:34, WEBSTER wrote:

On 2002-11-21 20:27, Castoth wrote:

"Xbox Live is popular; it appears to be the understatement of the century today as Microsoft has officially announced that over 150,000 Xbox Live Starter Kits have sold during its first week of availability. The service, which is the first broadband service to surpass 100,000 subscribers, has serviced over 200,000 gamers due to its multiple players on one account feature since release. As a result of the player figures, Microsoft also put forth a few small points of order. First of which being that players have completed more than 5 million games, 500 games per minute, played more than 1 million hours of gameplay (or 114 years) in a week, and more than all games played in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB combined."

Now I was just wondering how many US gamers are online with PSO GC? Cause it seems like there will be more online gamers for Xboxlive then with GC online. And this is only the begining, once Xboxlive goes global I think the numbers will skyrocket and all will be able to play together as world community. ahhh can't wait for the rest of the world to come together for a huge online rump.

You can read the rest of the artical here..........
http://www.planetXbox.com/

Well, looks like I was pwned. ;_;

Reason why everyone is arguing probably is that the more successful version has the higher chance for an expansion disc/sequel in the future if ST only decides to go with one system format. It's about longevity.

Tigertron
Nov 22, 2002, 04:13 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWWW and webmaster, what you are forgeting is the fact that not the enitre PSO community comes here to PSOW. I know this b/c there are tons of people over at teamxbox.com that are scared to enter the forums here. SO many GC owners that flame when some1 says something like " hey here is a possibility for PSOX about voice control of some kind from an article on the PSOW main page" as an example.(that one was me personally). and I didn't say here is a new feature, I said possibility but if you read that article it's what any body could gather from it.

But ne way I bet there are hundreds of PSOpeople wanting the game for xbox and some that have it for Gc that don't even know about this site. So we won't know until some real numbers can be compared a month after the xbox version comes out.

ChokingVictim
Nov 22, 2002, 10:27 PM
oh boy, another pissing contest...
everyone just keep stroking that techno-tool until the silicon jizz shorts out CPU

WEBSTER
Nov 22, 2002, 11:33 PM
Actually Castoth I ment to delet your name above the quote, cause I didn't want it to seem I was directling focusing on you, I just wanted to use what you said, cause I know it is what alot of GC owners use to shun one aspect of PSOX, as a sping board to post the artical. Cause it would have been weird just to post it without being accused of being a right wing Xbox fanboy fanatic from the local haters. And we will have to see how well or poorly both versions due in the coming future, maybe it might make ST work alittle harder on the actual game play instead of the universal communicator which has won them so many awards...... Tigertron I know there are alot more PSO sites outside of this one...... And ChokingVictim what ya do will your online is between you and your keyboard, eek.

Oh are the US and JP server now able to conect with the new ver(1.1) of PSO being released?

Ian D
Nov 22, 2002, 11:48 PM
So, the best version is the one who has fanboys that write long boring posts? Hey ladies, how about we play the game instead of saying how yours is superior and anyone who thinks otherwise is an 8-year old who doesn't know anything. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but you shouldn't have to belittle someone else's preference to make yourself feel better.

EsperFlame
Nov 23, 2002, 03:49 AM
Wow, andhere I've just came into this whole arguement of fanboy-ism. Personally, I own both a GameCube and recently(finally) bought an X-Box. I bought it for like 6 games that either areout or will be out soon. But, you will never see me online because of the Broadband only support. Sorry but I really don't wanna shell out an extra $20-$30/month to play online. The whole lag issue just isn't a problem with PSO.(trying to stay on topic) Then there's alot of people complaining about slowdowns offline when playing multiplayer. I believe someone earlier made a good point. Your running 4 full games simultaneously one one system. Sonic Team has no intentions of making any system tweaks either to their engine which means on the X-Box, it too will suffer slowdowns on offline multi mode. Also, From what I've seen of the screen shot comparisons of the GC, X-Box, and PC, the PC is the only one who got a pretty graphic upgrade, though the others may look alot nicer through a High Def screen. It does seem that MS is doing a nice job on banning people and such, but the reason you don't hear about it on GC is cause it doesn't exist yet. Sega does monitor the GCN servers and I'm confidant that if/when the cheating does begin, they will take appropriate action.

Me personally, I just enjoy the game I love. Beyond it's glitches in the engine (Yes X-Box will have them too) and the occasional item loss, I still manage to go online, meet up with my 4 pages of friends, and have fun. We've even managed to solve the issue about sharing rares and it really makes the game alot more fun when everyone getsa rare, even if it's one you can't use...you can always trade it to someone who does need it and possibly get something better! Now some ofyou may think of me asa fanboy and you'd be right only my fanboy-ism isn't to any console. It's for all console. I'm a console fanboy. I enjoy consolesover PC simply cause a console isn't outdated when you open the box!

haterade
Nov 23, 2002, 08:03 PM
Wow... WEBSTER.... now that was a really lame comeback... you had nothing to say, so you quoted me to attempt to insult... how... retarded! Might wanna try reading those quotes again and see if they're intellegent.... unless they just go over your head... *yawn*

RellikTakahashi
Nov 24, 2002, 09:53 AM
i got all verison v1 import US V1 etc so it doesn't matter to me if ones better then the other i have it so whats it matter? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif