PDA

View Full Version : Race and Class types

Para
Nov 21, 2006, 09:52 AM
So who's playing a race, gender and class that is somewhat opposite to what the race and gender is best suited for?

Eg. Cast Force, Beast Force/Ranger, Newman Ranger/Hunter?

How many people plan to continue their trend into expert classes?

Most of them you would see either beast hunter or cast ranger/hunter or newman force.

Zarbolord
Nov 21, 2006, 09:54 AM
My first wil be cast force, but my others will kinda follow the trends, but not completely...

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 21, 2006, 11:12 AM
well, I'm playing a Female Newman Ranger and I plan on making a Male Newman Hunter as well, although they are both mainly going to be a Guntecher and a Wartecher respectively. And I'm not sure if a Newman Ranger is really so bad, I'm not having much problems so far unless I do missions way out of my league.

MayLee
Nov 21, 2006, 11:15 AM
I was thinking of being a Beast Force but my orgional character on PSO was a Human anyway. >.<

Para
Nov 21, 2006, 01:51 PM
I am playing a Newman Ranger at the moment and I find it sorta horrible to dish out damage. Because of the low damage, you find yourself on support all the time rather than actually killling stuff and ifyou try to overuse your pp, pp shortage is an constant issue.

Newman Hunter is a lot better than Newman Ranger because you don't rely on pp as much.

Maskim
Nov 21, 2006, 02:46 PM
My alt, whom I should start actually working on leveling in the net couple days, is going to be a midget Newman fortefighter.

wiseman
Nov 21, 2006, 03:03 PM
Once the advanced types are released, I intend to go Newman Wartecher. Being able to dish out decent damage and play support once in a while should be fun. I won't deny that I'm a little concerned about the ATP gap between (say) a newman and beast Wartecher.

Ayrin
Nov 21, 2006, 03:10 PM
I'm doing a newmen ranger atm, while I hear alot of talk about it being the seccond best ranger I personlly have my doubt's; especially when I see a human or cast force pull out a bow and totaly shame me in damage, not to mention that they can heal and cast there spells. However I just coulden't resist making a newmen even though I diden't want to be a force XD

Sinue_v2
Nov 21, 2006, 03:47 PM
All of my characters are completely nerfed.

Numan: Hunter

Cast: Force

Beast: Ranger

I don't have a serious HU character yet.

Niki
Nov 21, 2006, 03:58 PM
On the JP version I played a Female Beast Ranger, but didn't play enough to reach the advanced classes. I probably would have gone Figunner though.

It would be nice to have the time to play with alternates. One character is already too much for me. If business could pay all the bills and I didn't need the second job, I might pick up a Male Human Protranser or a Female Human Guntecher. In the end, I'm sticking with the choice I made a couple years back.

Candor
Nov 21, 2006, 06:30 PM
Making a character with the "right" race/type combo JUST so you have the best stats is stupid imo, but so is making a "nerfed" combo just to be unique. i decide on the race and then pick the class i think works for the character, sometimes it works, most time it doesn't. I plan on getting them all to expert classes, and you can probably guess those classes by my sig.

Crystalis_Rik
Nov 21, 2006, 07:20 PM
I'm a Newman Force main and have a Beast Hunter alt. Way to be original, I know. I just want my damage dealing to really hurt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I have no disrespect for those that try less "efficient" combinations though. You need to play the game the way that it is fun for you.