PDA

View Full Version : greetings, with foie? huh?

galaxy
Nov 21, 2006, 11:17 AM
question for forces (and perhaps other classes too): there have been times when, instead of the casting animation, my character does the greet emote to cast something. the spell still comes out and everything, and i don't notice anything different, except for the animation.

anyone know what this is?

MayLee
Nov 21, 2006, 11:19 AM
You mean when your character greets it spits out Foie? O_O

I don't know, all I can say it's a glitch..a very cool..glitch..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-11-21 08:27 ]</font>

Laranas
Nov 21, 2006, 11:23 AM
I've not once seen this happen in the time it takes to get Foie from Lv1 to Lv20... or any spell for that matter.

Saphion
Nov 21, 2006, 11:31 AM
I had something similar on the JP version while playing as a Force.

What would happen was this:
Equip weapon. Spam technic of choice.
A different element enemy would appear, switch weapon accordingly.
While weapon is changing, keep spamming the button for the desired technic.
Instead of starting to cast the spell attributed with the new weapon when that weapon loads, my character would do the 'hello' emote.

Often, because I had no control over my character while the emote was happening, I got killed or severely damaged!

For the record, it only ever seemed to happen when switching from a Wand to a Rod.

LightBreaker
Nov 21, 2006, 12:58 PM
My character randomly bows and it has almost got me killed several times. :l Also a force.

Flamingo99
Nov 21, 2006, 03:09 PM
lol this happens to me too, but when I cast resta, and when I switch rods really quick and cast the technic immediately. Are you on a ps2 like me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-11-21 12:09 ]</font>

ImaGuy
Nov 21, 2006, 04:16 PM
This only happens when there's a lot of lag, and you change weapon types and start casting before the weapon fully appears. It happens a lot on ps2 due to its hardware limitations. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

It happens on PC sometimes too if I have the graphics set way high.

Merumeru
Nov 21, 2006, 05:29 PM
XD that happened to me many times, its pretty cool how you do an emote with a weapon and all though

galaxy
Nov 21, 2006, 10:12 PM
im on xbox 360. i assumed it was just a glitch, but i wanted to make sure it wasnt indicating anything else.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 21, 2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah it happens to me all the time.

Vorpal
Nov 21, 2006, 11:07 PM
This must of happened to me once. But only once I think. During a random run through Moatoob, my character did some weird action with the staff while casting, and I even said wtf lol. They were weirded out also when I told them.

TheStoicOne
Nov 21, 2006, 11:14 PM
Happened to me before