PDA

View Full Version : Transport Timer? Or swindled?

Collar
Nov 21, 2006, 11:29 AM
"Hmm. Just ran into a problem in a De Ragon run I just went through in a group. It was an open group, and we managed to fill all 6 character slots. We made it all the way to the transporter, and while everyone was waiting we got teleported to the boss room, minus one guy. The guy that didn't get in, was obviously kind of angry, and left the game.

What ensued next was a slew of 'who pressed yes?' exchanges. The only problem is, everyone claims they did not select yes. I know I didn't, because it wouldn't really be fair to the one guy that made it that far with us to suddenly get left behind - especially since we were sporting a level 5'er, whom did not get left behind. I mean, why would I leave behind another higher level that can make things go faster, and give an overall better chance of keeping the level 5 alive?

Anyway, shortly after, all players, except for the level 5, left the game. I'm almost positive it couldn't have been the level 5 due to our conversation after over why someone would do that. Also, I did not boot her, even though she was level 5 in a game with 11+ characters in level, (and she didn't even die once). The other two that left though...? Hmm.

Before I go pointing fingers, I figured I'd ask to see if there was something I was noobing it up over, just in case, as I do that from time to time. So, a few questions:

1.) Is there some sort of timer or something on the transporter to the boss room that will go off if you wait at it long enough? All of us, except for the player that didn't make it through, had been waiting at the transporter for almost a minute.

2.) Or, did I get swindled, and someone wasn't fessing up?

3.) Or, could something like this occur from a random glitch, etc? And has it happened to anyone else before if so?

BurningRage
Nov 21, 2006, 11:31 AM
Someone was lying. The only way the teleporter will activate is if everyone was in it or someone pressed yes.

Laranas
Nov 21, 2006, 11:32 AM
From what I've seen sometimes people get to the transport and accidentally hit Enter when they try typing (space doesn't register, rushing, whatever the reason may be), but the transport only activates if everyone in the party is present (including those not in the field).

Collar
Nov 21, 2006, 11:33 AM
On 2006-11-21 08:31, BurningRage wrote:
Someone was lying. The only way the teleporter will activate is if everyone was in it or someone pressed yes.

"That would figure. Thanks for the response.

Heh, yay, I wasn't the one noobing it up for once.

Collar
Nov 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
On 2006-11-21 08:32, Laranas wrote:
From what I've seen sometimes people get to the transport and accidentally hit Enter when they try typing (space doesn't register, rushing, whatever the reason may be), but the transport only activates if everyone in the party is present (including those not in the field).

"Wait, so, what you're saying is that, it shouldn't have been possible for us to 'leave behind' the other player, regardless of whether or not someone did, in fact, press yes? I always wait for everyone, so I've never really had a chance to 'test' this.

BurningRage
Nov 21, 2006, 11:38 AM
What he was saying is that the transporter will only activate automatically if everyone is in it. It's still very possible to leave teammates behind.

Collar
Nov 21, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-11-21 08:38, BurningRage wrote:
What he was saying is that the transporter will only activate automatically if everyone is in it. It's still very possible to leave teammates behind.

"Ah, ok. Thanks again!

RNLee
Nov 21, 2006, 12:10 PM
On 2006-11-21 08:32, Laranas wrote:

ST really ought to fix that. I and another player got left out of the boss battle on a De Ragon run the other day. Ain't nothing more fun than the choice sitting around doing nothing for a few minutes or leaving the team and losing out on the reward for how you spent the last fifteen minutes.

Maskim
Nov 21, 2006, 01:01 PM
Ya, someone was lying and didn't want to admit they did it. My best experience with this was when my group I started did this to me. Was in the middle of asking if everyone was ready, when the guy lagging behind comes running in and activates teleporter without me in it. Of course, got angry, and no one would say sorry or anything, the most anyone said was 'Fighting' 'Wait' Soooo...leader rights, boot..boot...boot. >D

RNLee
Nov 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
That's awesome. I will take great pleasure in doing just that, should anybody ever pull that nonsense on me in a group I started. I think I'll wait a bit, though, and let them get almost done fighting the boss.

Laranas
Nov 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
It's almost happened to me a few times, so I keep my eye on the porter and yell out if I see it active. Of course, if someone gets left behind they usually blame me since I was the bearer of bad news.

Collar
Nov 21, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-11-21 10:01, Maskim wrote:
Ya, someone was lying and didn't want to admit they did it. My best experience with this was when my group I started did this to me. Was in the middle of asking if everyone was ready, when the guy lagging behind comes running in and activates teleporter without me in it. Of course, got angry, and no one would say sorry or anything, the most anyone said was 'Fighting' 'Wait' Soooo...leader rights, boot..boot...boot. >D

"Heh. I wouldn't have thought about that. Pff, just recently I figured out that you could talk to the CASTs by the mission entrances to go to the mid-mission lobbies. : And I'm freaking level 19 now. I've been running every part of all of the missions, el oh el. I always end up with a full group and about 4 partner cards, though, so it's all in good fun.

That's why I asked about the boss transporter thing initially. I seem to be missing the most obvious things, so it wouldn't have surprised me if I missed something there, too. >_>