PDA

View Full Version : All my text comes out backwards when I type.

KingNautilus
Nov 21, 2006, 02:13 PM
I don't know what triggered this, but right now when I type in PSU, everything comes out backwards. Like if I were to type in "monomate", it comes out "etamonom". The letters just go behind what I'm typing instead of in front, making it all come out backwards. Did I trigger some stupid option or something?

Zarbolord
Nov 21, 2006, 02:18 PM
;-; poor you, sounds like an option thingy or it's a bug. Does it happen all the time?

AkiraXxx
Nov 21, 2006, 02:18 PM
skcus taht nam nmad.

Sounds like a data bug, might as well try reinstalling.

JAFO22000
Nov 21, 2006, 02:31 PM
Quick, type in "Myzplytyk"....lol

Ronin1of47
Nov 21, 2006, 02:34 PM
i heard that if you have the insert key on that will happen i dont know for sure just what i heard... try that... i hope hat helps

Eliash
Nov 21, 2006, 03:07 PM
I had a similar problem with other MMORPGs, however, I never had that probelm here. Usually what I do is hit the 'Home' key 2-3 times, then hit the 'End' key 2-3 times and it seems to work. The logic behind it is that the key got stuck and even though it may not look like it's pressed down it is going to the beginning of the sentence every time you type in a letter. It may work for you, but sometimes a reboot is just as good. Hope that helped.

KirinDave
Nov 21, 2006, 04:53 PM
This happens when your key input goes into insert mode. Usually pressing the "insert" key on your keyboard will fix this. What's really nasty is when your keyboard doesn't have such a key, and you get stuck in this mode.

Worst-case scenario given, unplugging and re-plugging a USB keyboard usually cancels this input mode.

Candor
Nov 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-11-21 12:07, Eliash wrote:
I had a similar problem with other MMORPGs, however, I never had that probelm here. Usually what I do is hit the 'Home' key 2-3 times, then hit the 'End' key 2-3 times and it seems to work. The logic behind it is that the key got stuck and even though it may not look like it's pressed down it is going to the beginning of the sentence every time you type in a letter. It may work for you, but sometimes a reboot is just as good. Hope that helped.

^ especially on my laptop, also happens to my caps lock

FenixStryk
Nov 21, 2006, 10:48 PM
Sounds like your Home, Up Arrow, or Left Arrow key is stuck. Clean up your KB and make sure nothing is jammed, then restart your PC.
...Somehow, I doubt this is the case, though... because, wouldn't that mean this message should be backwards too?

onami
Nov 21, 2006, 11:27 PM
Has happened to me once before. Also have other times where I move in one direction by itself.. takes a while to get rid of that. For the backwards thing, I had to restart my PC. Just restarting PSU didn't work.