PDA

View Full Version : PA distribution

_Deliverance_
Nov 21, 2006, 10:31 PM
So, I've read that you are limited to 36 (or is it 32?) PA's.

When the expert classes come out, how will that effect things? I'm a Force, and planning on going Guntecher at some point. But I'll likely do Fortecher first.

I was hoping that your PA's would be 'equipable' so to speak, and that you can pick and choose from your PA pool, and add them up to 36. Does that make sense? Am I wrong? I don't want to gimp one jobs' abilities by having too many techs... ;>.>

Laranas
Nov 21, 2006, 10:34 PM
You can only know 36 PAs at a time, unless you want to lose exp in one and replace it with something else. That's why I broke it down... if I go Wartecher I'm getting

10 Strk PA's
6 Bullets (handguns, prolly)
20 Techs

But we'll see how it turns out

Overtaken
Nov 21, 2006, 10:50 PM
anybody know exactly how PA's lvl up? I've been wondering.. Do you get exp for every enemy you hit, every time you use your PA and hit and enemy no matter how many, or how much damage you do with your PA?

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 10:55 PM
im pretty sure its based on the number of times you hit with it per use. For example, someone leveling up their barada riga would get x amount of points if one of their 4 bullets hit, 4x if they all hit. I assume that works the same way for melee pa's [the more you hit with a pa the more pa exp] I dont know how finishing moves on PAs calculate in, and I dont know about evasion either.

Ryoki
Nov 21, 2006, 11:34 PM
I think it is ridiculous that they even put limits on to the number you can learn. Kinda prevents you from getting the most out of each Class.

My computer glitched. I posted twice for some reason. deleted the other.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-21 20:35 ]</font>
________
Easy Vape Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:36 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:34, Ryoki wrote:
I think it is ridiculous that they even put limits on to the number you can learn. Kinda prevents you from getting the most out of each Class.

I am only going fortegunner atm so this doesnt really apply, but I dont see myself with the patience to learn 32 different pas and get them all to 30. The only class I plan on playing where this restriction might bother me is Protranser.

Schubalts
Nov 21, 2006, 11:40 PM
The limit is probably so you will have to think about and plan how your character will progress.

Choja
Nov 21, 2006, 11:46 PM

Sega doesn't want us to be Level 200 Godmasters with all skills pounded to Level 30 and any weaponry in our arsenal that we touch suddenly becomes a weapon of mass destruction. Hey, we don't want a clone army of Saito familiars out there, man.
That's asking for uber-grinding. We need balance, not insane amounts of Fohuntechgunners.

<Godmaster>FEEFIIFOOFUM I SMELL DE REGAN IN THE MORNIN :D

PMB960
Nov 21, 2006, 11:50 PM
Techs will get exp every time you cast them and hit something. So for Barta even if you hit 5 enemies in one shot you only get exp for one shot. Resta only gains exp if you heal any amount of HP so you can heal 1 HP and get exp but you can't just keep casting repeatedly to get exp.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 21, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-11-21 20:46, Choja wrote:

Sega doesn't want us to be Level 200 Godmasters with all skills pounded to Level 30 and any weaponry in our arsenal that we touch suddenly becomes a weapon of mass destruction. Hey, we don't want a clone army of Saito familiars out there, man.
That's asking for uber-grinding. We need balance, not insane amounts of Fohuntechgunners.

<Godmaster>FEEFIIFOOFUM I SMELL DE REGAN IN THE MORNIN http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That is a really good point. If there wasn't a PA cap, people could just learn all the PAs, get to level 10 in each of the main classes and could just skip between whichever classes they choose at their leisure and being as effective as they want at any of them.