Nov 22, 2006, 12:10 AM
Hopefully its to fix the log on issues

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=9549

-Crokar-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:11 AM
hopefully

Sychosis
Nov 22, 2006, 12:12 AM
Screw the log in crap. Just once I'd like to join a party without having to lead in with:

"Hello?"
"Can anyone hear me?"
"Ok, you can hear me, can anyone else?"
"Guess not."
"Son of a *****."

-Crokar-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:23 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:12, Sychosis wrote:
Screw the log in crap. Just once I'd like to join a party without having to lead in with:

"Hello?"
"Can anyone hear me?"
"Ok, you can hear me, can anyone else?"
"Guess not."
"Son of a *****."

yeah happens to me all the time

Midicronica
Nov 22, 2006, 01:43 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but my Xbox freezes every single time I go into the Galeni-the area after Valley of Carnage mission. My friend suggests I send in my X360 and get it fixed, but I'm thinking it might be a programming problem that could be fixed with a simple maintenance update.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Nov 22, 2006, 02:24 AM
This update is for Xbox Live, not PSU. This is the new video streaming/downloading service through Live, premiering tomorrow. Sorry to destroy any hopes.

Remedy
Nov 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
Except, y'know, the voice chat servers are Microsoft's, are they not?

Honestly, I wish the 360 didn't have all these technical issues - you guys seem to have the better community by far. The PC/PS2 version is so full of assholes it's nearly impossible to find decent people outside of jeM to play with.

KirinDave
Nov 22, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:26, Remedy wrote:

The bug is with PSU and how it checks them. As I've mentioned before, the workaround is to the voice issue is to start PSU with the tray open, and let the system log into Live first.

Honestly, I wish the 360 didn't have all these technical issues - you guys seem to have the better community by far. The PC/PS2 version is so full of assholes it's nearly impossible to find decent people outside of jeM to play with.

We have a grand total of two major issues. One is a login issue that's pretty easy to workaround, and one is a voice chat issue that pretty much everyone knows how to work around now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Life is good over here on the 360.

A2K
Nov 22, 2006, 03:15 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:24, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
This update is for Xbox Live, not PSU. This is the new video streaming/downloading service through Live, premiering tomorrow. Sorry to destroy any hopes.

As far as I know there isn't going to be any downtime for that. They will simply add the shows to the Marketplace--all the backend stuff for that was already downloaded in the November dashboard update.

This is specifically for Phantasy Star Universe 360, as it was announced by clumsy on the PSU forums.

Spectral
Nov 22, 2006, 04:03 AM
The 360 updates are NOT Microsoft in origin.

They shut down XBL for 24 hours about a month ago where all that stuff would have been added. This is a Sega matinence, not MS.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 05:18 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:26, Remedy wrote:

Hahaha, holy shit, sides really splitting here.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 22, 2006, 06:20 AM
I dont think i can live with voice chat on a game, it would have to be an option to turn off in the game creaton screen

"voice chat = on/off"

Hmm yeah that above post seems abit in the opposite opinion of most others, I happen to like the PC community only run into one not so nice person so far.

Xx3of19xX
Nov 22, 2006, 07:29 AM
Maybe it is an update to allow players with European Gamertags to join? The game's official release date is Friday, I'd expect Sega to make sure everything is read in time for the release.
Guess I'll find out when I get back from work/tomorrow.

-STE-
Nov 22, 2006, 07:55 AM
I think is an update for fix things before EU relase just this.