PDA

View Full Version : Everyone like it so far?

aquafire
Nov 22, 2006, 12:30 AM
So is everyone having fun with this game so far? I just wanted to know because I quit in about a week after I got it (bad offline play and I have no online connection). I haven't been back in a while so just wanted to know how people are doing. I hear there are new updates too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

BTW I'm not trying to rant so please don't move this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:31 AM
S'alright, just to kill time until I get a computer.

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 12:32 AM
New updates but the game is just not doing it for me right now. Doesnt have the same feel that PSU had. I'll be back when they release the expert classes and maybe an update after that.

lavosmanx
Nov 22, 2006, 12:32 AM
I've heard people canceled their guardians liscense because the upload content availability was horrible. But Ive heard how incredible this game is too. It's more or less a double edged sword.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 12:35 AM
Moatoob was cute but it's only keep me playing for like 3 more days, I'm gonna go play Battlefield 2142 until the expert classes come out Which is next week I think.

aquafire
Nov 22, 2006, 12:37 AM
o_o...Well I'm sorta surprised, but in a way I'm not. I'm playing Tales of the Abyss right now and am having so much fun. BTW thanks for not saying, "What the hell is the point of this topic," or something like that.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:43 AM
Give the money-chugging #@!#@ at sega a few months to unlock everything for network they promised, then buy it.

By then vanguard and burning crusade will be out so there wouldnt be a point in getting PSU anyways.

Edit: You should know better. -A2K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-11-22 14:27 ]</font>

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 12:44 AM
I love the game, but im just upset I cant get into it. The game just feels barren. They should have had the so called updates from the begining, and built on the game with actual updates. I didnt buy this game to basically play a demo or beta sized game. Once the game has content that can last more than a week or two, i'll play some more.

Freedom
Nov 22, 2006, 12:44 AM
not worth it rite now...just chill and wait for "OMG FINALL EXPERT CLASSES!!!ZOMGLASERPEWPEW" threads pop up, then it'll be time to get the game cuz the content is just horrible atm"

aquafire
Nov 22, 2006, 12:49 AM
Hmmm...I could take the copy of PSU back. Meh, don't feel like it, I like to keep most of the games I buy even if they are bad. I did love the graphics though.

Oxidation
Nov 22, 2006, 12:51 AM
I'm with everyone else above ^ I feel like I kinda got ripped off paying 50 bucks and the GL fee which i stupidly paid the 50$ one for the 180+ days. Locked content already paid for = worst idea ever.

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 12:51 AM
Dont take it back, come back in a month or two, youll finally get a game that should have been from day 1.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 22, 2006, 12:52 AM
Thank god I only bought the 30 day, the game is pretty intense failure in all honesty.

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 12:55 AM
Its not the game that is the failure, its Sonic Team and their poor effort at giving us what makes a game that lasts instead of pathetic and lazy "content unlocks" or what they call "updates".

LoserMaster
Nov 22, 2006, 12:55 AM
I'm easily entertained, I have been waiting to play this game for a while, the community is... kinda nice. I like it. If I like it I'm happy. I take a slow pace so I don't have the complaint of needing a higher level cap. I like it very much so.

aquafire
Nov 22, 2006, 12:58 AM
I'll never come back probably, because I'll never get online connection, it's like my dad has a phobia of online gameplay (jk). We have DSL too so it'd be pretty good. I've only gone online with a psp game (SO FUN). Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aquafire on 2006-11-21 22:02 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 12:58 AM
Well, everybody on PC wanted the demo that the 360 got. Think of this like a demo and the pain goes away.

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 12:59 AM
On 2006-11-21 21:58, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Well, everybody on PC wanted the demo that the 360 got. Think of this like a demo and the pain goes away.

I wouldnt/didnt pay for a demo.

Choja
Nov 22, 2006, 01:01 AM
Looks to be a hive of doom in this thread already. "SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK" is what half I'm hearing.

I play too casually (because there's no one that I can't friend with and party), so I need some mates, not Mono mates, di or even tri, but just mates. Might be why my defiency of playing exists.
Note to self: 6 months is at least about 12 updates. or 8. or something.

Oxidation
Nov 22, 2006, 01:05 AM
Yeah i guess hive of doom is what this thread is turning into. lol O well I played the previous pso's and single player phantasy stars, I guess this game just doesn't do it for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Dunno how much longer I will stay on, my RL friends are leaving me on psu already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 01:12 AM
This game is fucking awesome but it'd be a lot better if all of you stopped playing it.

aquafire
Nov 22, 2006, 01:12 AM
Well I'm glad everyone is having so much fun with this game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I will say this though, I think it's rediculous to spend 111 hours and be at level 40 or so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif. I'll be back in a week or two to check up on this place, until then I'll be playing Tales of the Abyss.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 01:13 AM
I have 2 level 40 pluses and 3 on JP.

Not bored.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 22, 2006, 01:13 AM
I'm having fun when I'm with my friends, it's starting to be too many ppl that are my friends XD, and moving around the system doing random missions, hardly ever spamming one all the time.

The worse thing I feel when I play outside my friends is the fact that hardly anyone likes to talk T_T, and a lot of people are still spamming Dragon/Relic runs like no tomorrow.

I think it depends on how your experience turned out online, like me I'm having too much fun, but if I didn't gain so many great friends I'd be bored as hell out of this game.

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 01:15 AM
On 2006-11-21 22:13, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Not bored.

Congrats?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 01:21 AM
On 2006-11-21 22:15, Phalynx wrote:

Not bored.

Congrats?

Having 3 or so 40+ characters ain't a big deal. It's not hard if you stay commited to a character and stop remaking them; chatting idly at the public bar on Parum; stop crying about hackers in the Parum chat lobby; stop trying to recreate the River Dance on Neudaiz; etc.

I'm guilty of it all, and that's why I only have one lv50. The rest have all stopped at 30. My Newman Ranger though... going all the way to 50. I swear. This time, it's for real. No, seriously. I mean it this time. >__________>

Well the other chars I made didn't have a 70,000 PM investment that will be useful to me since it's a pure one! If anything this char won't be deleted. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-21 22:23 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 01:25 AM
Eh I stopped at level 43, because I hit hunter 10, force 5 (actually 6) and ranger 3 on my beast and those are the job reqs for every expert class I want to play on him.

Level 50 is a bit of a waste for me. I want to be levelling jobs.

So my human character is now at force 10, ranger 5, hunter 3 and at hunter 5 he's basically finished too til next update.

I don't need the magic 5-0 over my head, it serves as nothing but bragging rights to me, and it barely makes any difference to my usefulness in-game.

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-11-21 22:21, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Not bored.

Congrats?

Having 3 or so 40+ characters ain't a big deal. It's not hard if you stay commited to a character and stop remaking them; chatting idly at the public bar on Parum; stop crying about hackers in the Parum chat lobby; stop trying to recreate the River Dance on Neudaiz; etc.

I'm guilty of it all, and that's why I only have one lv50. The rest have all stopped at 30. My Newman Ranger though... going all the way to 50. I swear. This time, it's for real. No, seriously. I mean it this time. >__________>

Sure, when you play the game to death. But with the amount you can do and the lack of new weapons and attacks, I have no desire to get my character to 50. Therefore making doing missions useless. Exp is too easy to obtain and the lvl cap is way too low. I hate repeating myself, but without the disk's full content, it's just a pathetic excuse for a game.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 01:29 AM
On 2006-11-21 22:27, Phalynx wrote:

Not bored.

Congrats?

Exp is too easy to obtain and the lvl cap is way too low.

So, you're level 50 with at least one char right? Right...?

Phalynx
Nov 22, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-11-21 22:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-21 22:27, Phalynx wrote:

Not bored.

Congrats?

Exp is too easy to obtain and the lvl cap is way too low.

So, you're level 50 with at least one char right? Right...?

If I had kept on playing, but I got bored much too quickly. Ive never played an RPG and been so worn out by it this fast. I had my first character to 39 within the first week and a half. And by that point, felt like i was wasting my time. Just because I dont have a character to 50 doesnt mean I cant comment on the cap.

peenk
Nov 22, 2006, 01:37 AM
Eh, game feels like a chore now, do 15 min missions over and over and over and over again. They are short and easy to memorize so its too repetitious. Introducing missions that last feature some hard to kill mobs is not the way to make the game more fun. Just makes it more of a job. Reminds me why I couldnt wait for PSU to come out, I was playing different MMORPGs and quit ALL of them because of grind. PSU needs more content but it feels like the new missions are making the game into a MMO's grind-fest.

Not to mention new synthing system. Its hard to raise a PM when you play casually, then comes the crap where your synthing fails and it gets too boring to try again (have to kill mob for meseta/items for synthing duh).
PSO was more casual play and PSU is not if you take PM/synthing into account. I, to great happiness of teh phag Shimarisu above, will not continue my subscription after the 45 days.

Midicronica
Nov 22, 2006, 01:37 AM
I can say that I'm pretty much satisfied with the game and the addition of Moatoob and additional missions on Neudaiz and Parum is enough to please me and occupied myself until the next update comes. What can I say.. I'm easily entertained.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 01:41 AM
On 2006-11-21 22:37, peenk wrote:
I, to great happiness of teh phag Shimarisu above, will not continue my subscription after the 45 days.

Good now get the fuck off the forum.

DoubleJG
Nov 22, 2006, 01:43 AM
I'll be playing this game for atleast over 1 full year. Simple as that. I love it. Others don't.

peenk
Nov 22, 2006, 01:46 AM
On 2006-11-21 22:41, -Shimarisu- wrote:
My Mom was making money by selling herself near insane assylum, and now my head works no good.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 01:46 AM
Being easily entertained isn't exactly a bad thing.

On the one hand, you're not in a dungeon for several hours and then yelled at if you have to leave in the middle of the event. Most missions allow you to leave before the next one starts if you are being called away from the game. This is a good thing for some, for others it's an annoyance.

Some people like being in dungeons for an entire day, and some don't. PS will never be competition for WoW or FFXI, but it does fill somewhat of a void for the casual gamer. It's fun the instant it is turned on. WoW and FFXI take hours to see any sort of enjoyment, and then shortly after the HOORAY you are nailed with a OH NOES when somebody starts some drama about a drop, or somebody showing up late, or leaving early, etc.

OK, maybe WoW and FFXI where bad examples... actually, this entire post was kind of a bad idea. I edited it so much that I don't think it makes any sort of sense. Oh well. I'm going to continue enjoyin this crisp, refreshing Diet Dr. Pepper and ORBIT Cinnamon stick gum while I watch more AMVs.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 22, 2006, 01:49 AM
You'll play and love it when you first start playing you'll gradually become bored of it, but on a shorter time scale then most games. Question is, will you get bored of before reaching level 20 or level 50? I'll probably reach the level cap soon, but after that there isn't much else to do, so I'm not sure how long I'll last, I might even go a few weeks after level cap or even a month of two. After that though, I wouldn't continue playing for any other reason really then chatting.

I think it's safe to say that a large majority of people won't play this game for months straight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-21 22:58 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 01:54 AM
Alot of people who paid for the 6 month deal are whining because they find the game boring, and are "Screwed" out of the money. To them I laugh.

Now, i'm not doing the month-to-month plan because i'd like to cancel it if I dislike the game sometime down the road; no. I've chosen this method for different reasons:

1. My memory is terrible. It runs in the family. If i'm caught off guard by a random charge 6 months from now when i'm not aware of it, I could potentially fuck myself and my credit. Month to month is a constant reminder that I will be billed on the 6th of each month.

2. This is how it was on the Dreamcast version. This is how it will remain in my heart for every reincarnation of the PSO games. Saving money or not, it just doesn't feel right buying in advance.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 22, 2006, 01:57 AM
I like the game so far. But I would recommend waiting till after christmas to get it. That way there will be a nice hunk of content unlocked by then hopefully. I think it is kinda fun though being in a game that is brand spanking new. Being able to see the tweaks and new stuff they add.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 22, 2006, 02:08 AM
I say people should start talking and making jokes, or just conversing. The quiet is unsettling I swear ><;.

I've never found myself grinding after lvl 30, I'm currently 50, and well the main thing that made the entire thing enjoyable was the fact that every person I team up with usually talk, debate, or crack jokes.

To make a point, my current status right now online is lvl 50/10 Ranger, with currently loads of meseta, a large selection of 5* +5 weapons, and a lvl 100 PM but yet I still play even though I pretty much done everything I can possibly do in the game, mainly due to the people I've met. They're all pretty awesome people, always willing to crack jokes, debate on subjects or just plainly talk about stuff.

The lack of this little detail does make this game boring, grindy and just plainly a chore. I've seen this over and over again in all the MMO's I've played, it doesn't matter that there's a lot of content or lack there of, cause eventually you'll get though it all. I've done it on numerous MMOs where I've gotten to the point where I've said "I've done pretty much everything, there's really nothing in this game that I haven't really done before" and what really keeps me in is the fact of the people I've met along the way.

I think the PSU community needs to lighten up some, instead of just seeing a means to an end, like gaining XXX amount of meseta or getting to XXX level, people should start to talk more, joke around more, and just plainly open up. You'll notice that the game is much more better when you play with people who isn't serous about the goal.

Genobee
I imagine after the expert classes come out, atleast there will be rares worth looking for.

Aaomi
On 2006-11-21 22:54, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Alot of people who paid for the 6 month deal are whining because they find the game boring, and are "Screwed" out of the money. To them I laugh.

Now, i'm not doing the month-to-month plan because i'd like to cancel it if I dislike the game sometime down the road; no. I've chosen this method for different reasons:

1. My memory is terrible. It runs in the family. If i'm caught off guard by a random charge 6 months from now when i'm not aware of it, I could potentially fuck myself and my credit. Month to month is a constant reminder that I will be billed on the 6th of each month.

2. This is how it was on the Dreamcast version. This is how it will remain in my heart for every reincarnation of the PSO games. Saving money or not, it just doesn't feel right buying in advance.

If memory reminds me the longer plan is not an auto-reoccuring one.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/Aaomi/plan.jpg

As it says "One-Time Subscription"

Valius
Nov 22, 2006, 02:13 AM
Even with the (very) limited content I still enjoy it. If it gets some more variety of weapons, and some actual missions (NOT, wander through area X and kill enemy C) it will get a lot better.

On the other hand I don't understand all these people talking about "the grind", am I the only one who remembers trying to get Lv.200 on PSO? Now that was a grind, one that I never managed to finish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valius on 2006-11-21 23:14 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 02:13 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:08, Aaomi wrote:

On 2006-11-21 22:54, Garnet_Moon wrote:

If memory reminds me the longer plan is not an auto-reoccuring one.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/Aaomi/plan.jpg

As it says "One-Time Subscription"

Oh? Hm. I guess I didn't see that part. I just instantly went for the recurring one and didn't bother looking at the others. That's good to know though. Kind of hard to forget to renew the plan when you can't connect because your time expired.

Thanks for the info.

Aaomi
Nov 22, 2006, 02:16 AM
Oh? Hm. I guess I didn't see that part. I just instantly went for the recurring one and didn't bother looking at the others. That's good to know though. Kind of hard to forget to renew the plan when you can't connect because your time expired.

Thanks for the info.

No problem, you made me go and check it out again just to be sure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
I miss SWG http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 02:27 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:26, Genobee wrote:

If they make a sequel to it, will you go away and hate on that instead?

Gazette
Nov 22, 2006, 02:28 AM
Why, after they broke the jobs and screwed all the veteran players, what more could you want from it?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:28, Gazette wrote:
Why, after they broke the jobs and screwed all the veteran players, what more could you want from it?

They all deserved it for being stuck up jerks. I'm sorry, actually they deserved to haev their chars deleted.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:31 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:28, Gazette wrote:

Yea I quit before they turned it into a hell hole, hence why I misss it.... the good ol' days of SWG *tear*

On 2006-11-21 23:27, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-21 23:26, Genobee wrote:

If they make a sequel to it, will you go away and hate on that instead?

They did and I did.

Gazette
Nov 22, 2006, 02:32 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them.
But SOE doesn't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to dealing with MMO's.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:32, Gazette wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them.
But SOE doesn't exactly have the greatest track record when it comes to dealing with MMO's.

UM yea? Matrix Online rign a bell, I was gonna play that too until I heard SOE got ahold of it, I'm gald the douche bag at EB screwed up my preorder and refunded me and never gave me the game... so glad I didn't waste that 50 bucks.

Gazette
Nov 22, 2006, 02:38 AM
Anything SOE touches is pretty much guaranteed to crash and burn due to all the changes they make.

Talk about flipping games and their communities on their asses.
SOE has it down to an art.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:40 AM
seems like sega it's trying to catch up

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 02:41 AM
I'm quitting and going back to Pong, clearly only old games are good so the best MUST be the oldest!

Birthday: Jun 20, 1987

Yep, Genobee, you're going through your gaming midlife crisis, I remember mine at JUST your age, what fun that was!

OMG I HATE THE PLAYSTATION, IT'S AN INSULT TO GAMING, THEY ARE CHANGING THE DIRECTION OF GAMES, WHAT'S THIS 3D SHIT, IT SUX, I REMEMBER THE HALYCON DAYS OF MY YOUTH WHEN ALL THIS WAS MEADOWS IN GLORIOUS 8 BIT SHADES, NONE ON THESE SHORT BURSTS GETTING TO THE BOSS, WE SLOGGED OUR WAY THROUGH 40 MILES OF DUNGEONS WEARING JUST A LOINCLOTH COMPOSED OF 3 PIXELS, AND A 5 PIXEL STICK FOR A SWORD, AND DID WE COMPLAIN ABOUT NO SAVE POINTS, DID WE BUGGERY, KIDS TODAY DO NOT KNOW THEY ARE BORN, ETC ETC...

People 5 years ago were saying similar about how they wept for the days of FF7, and it'll all be the same in another few years about some other old game that's awesome now but looks like absolute shit then. But gamers in their late teens and early 20s will keep on crying about gaming's lost glory days.

Half of em will quit gaming for good. The rest will FUCKING GROW OUT OF IT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-21 23:52 ]</font>

Gazette
Nov 22, 2006, 02:44 AM
Why is that?
I haven't seen any nerf in the system that essentially breaks the game.

I'm more inclined to believe that all the changes from PSO to PSU were made to balance out classes.
Granted, Forces aren't walking nukes just yet, and Rangers seem to be nothing but debuffers for the moment.
Considering how much has yet to be unlocked, I'm not worried in the least bit.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 02:45 AM
I'm gonna play the superior version of Pong: The Lords of Lunar game that came with my Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete game.

That was pure hell when all chars where present. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-21 23:45 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:46 AM
Please if SWG diddn't have crappy management PSO wouldn't even exsist anymore, we would all be playing SWG.

Gazette
Nov 22, 2006, 02:47 AM
SWG is irrelevant.
SOE =/= Sega.

Besides, some of us enjoy the Phantasy Star series a tad more than the Star Wars series.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:50 AM
that was my only problem with SWG that it was star wars, if you took it's core and system and graphed, Phantasy stars look and appeal on it, it would ba a perfect game, hands down.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 02:50 AM
Actually, the only star wars games i've played are...

The one with Dash Rendar on the N64
The "Super" series on the SNES.
Galactic Battlegrounds (the rts one, forget exact name)
and Starwars Battlefront 2. That game was fun.

I'm not a fan of star wars, so I never cared one way about SWG. I just saw it as one large geekfest and decided it would be wise to stay the hell away from it. Besides, I had FFXI and WoW.

Gazette
Nov 22, 2006, 02:51 AM
But it isn't, so we'll have to make due with what Sega gives us, now won't we?

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:54 AM
yea but it would make me feel better if sega atleast preteneded to give a shit about american players.

KirinDave
Nov 22, 2006, 02:55 AM
I don't get what people expected from PSU. It isn't a game you play into the ground like WoW. PSU is great because it's much lower key. You can put it down for a week and not be entirely screwed like you would be in WoW or EQ. It's an online adventure game, not a MMORPG.

It's very simple, it's go undeniable style, and there actually is a lot to do if you're willing to stop running Parum 300 times a day. How many people here have leveled up more than one class? How many people here have all the armor and units they want ready for expert classes? How many people here have helped their friends do the same?

People obsess over what isn't unlocked online, and this puts them in a glass-is-half-empty mindset. PSO had much less content and was in every way less refined and engaging as PSU, and people devoted an unreal amount of time to that game.
Only PSU and one other game (http://www.askcorran.com/flash/chipndales.htm) have any replay value to me in this not-fps-space right now. WoW is dead to me, as is FFXI (it should have died a long time ago).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KirinDave on 2006-11-22 00:00 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 02:55 AM
Geno, you make it sound like you think you're better than the Japanese? They had to wait for updates, and so do we.

Gazette
Nov 22, 2006, 02:58 AM
Just because we weren't given everything on a silver platter to begin with doesn't mean they don't care.

We're lucky we don't have the JP's crappy luck.
What with the server rollbacks and downtime during the initial launch period.
Yeah Sega locked everything, big deal, they're a company out for profit just like all the others.

But to say that we're getting an inferior product than the JP's is downright wrong considering our updates are coming at about the same pace.

If you really have that big of a problem with the current situation,
You're always welcome to cut your account for the time being...

It's held for something like 3 months.
Maybe by then it'll be something worth your praise.
But considering how much you seem to downtalk it, I doubt even a full release would satisfy you.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 03:08 AM
Then why don't we have haloween? why don't we have the fall lobbies? all these could of been done but sega just decided not too now we have to wait an entire year for it? thats fucked up.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 03:10 AM
I find it hard to believe that a person like you(no offense by saying this) would be happy with simple decorations you won't even seen too much of while out on missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-22 00:11 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 22, 2006, 09:30 AM
I don't know why lack of content doesn't bother me at all. When I'm at work, I can't stop thinking about this game. Even now I can't wait to finish eating my breakfest so I can start up the game. It's a nice stress relief, before I was only making avatars to release stress. The BGM in the areas are motivating as I've said many times and it actually helps me play better. Sega and ST has given me what I wanted, the only thing I desire from them now is to not let PSU become a desert like PSOGC because of all the cheating. Being able to dress my character up, my own room, a battle system that is very user friendly to where you can layout your pallete to fit your style of weaponry - the ability to manage your own shops, synthesize(basically take care of your character's needs)items.

There's nothing more I could want that could make me happier.

Dihnekis
Nov 22, 2006, 09:44 AM
I'm enjoying the game too. Not incredible, but a fun distraction. I'm a force, and leveling up all my techs is pretty fun.

Zuenza
Nov 22, 2006, 10:30 AM
Silhouette just summed up what I was going to say.Lack of content doesn't bother me at all.And when I do get bored of playing online,I play offline and search for rares(and that damn Kubara Wood) and level up techs.

Sharkyland
Nov 22, 2006, 10:35 AM
So far I like the game since I'm low leveled and such... however:

GOOD POINTS:
1) Mix and match of classes
2) 6 people per party
3) No damage canceling (online people in PSO know this, could be good/could be bad)
4) Some variety of weapons
5) New tactics

---

And now...

BAD POINTS:
1) Considering there are only C, B, A, and S (which is somewhat like normal, hard, vhard, and ultimate... hearing rumors about a 'SS', though I cannot confirm this)

2) You can synthesize your weapons instead of finding them (just need to find the boards which don't seem too rare now thanks to the shop) Kinda looks like everyone will try to have the best weapon grinded to max. How well you grind them is how better the weapon be.

3) If the 'online' content is suppose to take place 10 years after Ethan and the gang (I think this is what I remember), what is the story and if there are any new content?

4) Enemies don't seem to be different from one another from one planet to another (sure it may be on e or two things different and their AI seems to be the same)... kinda somewhat the same with some bosses

5) Humans vs. Casts vs. Newmans vs. Beasts
- Been hearing everyone say Casts are the best classes so far then Beasts/Newmans which Humans are on the bottom tier. I play all 4 and I really don't care that much.

6) One I really hate the most. I can only hit a max of 3 things.

7) Typical the content available is pretty slow which doesn't surprise me, but if you've done offline mode and gotten all the 'S' ranks, seems like online is just a copy somewhat (besides the limited classes thing)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2006-11-22 07:46 ]</font>

peenk
Nov 22, 2006, 11:45 AM
When will the first 45 days be over?
I'll gloat when Uni1 will be barely full and people still getting weekly updates to open up "new S rank weapon" or "new S rank mission."
Ill be sure to check the status of this game in 2-3 months and then it would be worth to have a debate but now its simply arguing with the fanatics.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
peenk, if you don't like the game just fucking go away, checking back for a "debate" when you think the game is going to die makes you a troll.

I really wish they banned people who came here saying the game sucked.

peenk
Nov 22, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-11-22 08:51, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I really wish they had my Mom abort me. I am clearly unfit for society because I pretend to write articles for gaming magazines but they never accept my reviews beucase all I am able to write is GAME IS AWESOME IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GTFO YOU FUCKING BASTARDS ARRRGG.

Damn Shimarisu,
Go finger urself to sleep or something you pathetic excuse for a ... what the fuck ever you are trying to be.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
POPULARITY

#6 on 1UP
(of 17,835)
#1 on PS2
(of 1,546)
#2 in RPG
(of 716)

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

They accepted my positive review of Episode 3 when the game got panned everywhere too, should I offer my publishing company a horribly biased review of PSU? Hmm.

Also peenk, you never DID respond in that thread when I gave you a link to a PSOW update on a preview of Episode 3 I did, that I got members of this site featured in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Do you want it again, because the last time I gave it to you it miraculously made you disappear.

Troll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-22 09:03 ]</font>

Choja
Nov 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
Sharkyland: Wait wait wait! Online Mode takes place 10 years after the story? When did I hear that?
Everyone loves the CASTs because they're emotionless racists. ; D
What's so bad about synthesizing your items? I found some weapons on the field too, you know.
Say, this 99 posts per page thing. So insane.

peenk
Nov 22, 2006, 12:10 PM
On 2006-11-22 09:00, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Do you want it again, because the last time I gave it to you it miraculously made you disappear.

Well the links were broken so I couldnt read anything. So if you find it fixed, sure.

But you contradict yourself.

They accepted my positive review of Episode 3 when the game got panned everywhere too

So because you think a certain way no one else on these forums can express his/her openion? PSU got NUMEROUS bad reviews for a reason.

Callous
Nov 22, 2006, 12:15 PM
Do you even realize how grumpy and bitter you come across, Shimarisu? I picture you as someone who never smiles. Even when you have a point it just gets lost in all the bitterness and angry demeanor.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:19 PM
On 2006-11-22 09:10, peenk wrote:

On 2006-11-22 09:00, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Well the links were broken so I couldnt read anything. So if you find it fixed, sure.

But you contradict yourself.

They accepted my positive review of Episode 3 when the game got panned everywhere too

So because you think a certain way no one else on these forums can express his/her openion? PSU got NUMEROUS bad reviews for a reason.

The links were broken but I was creditted. It was proof, and it got rid of you. If you need to read the damn thing too bully for you, but it was a Gamecube magazine that has now evolved into a Wii magazine, and any online content it ever had is down.

I don't write for gaming sites, the pay is not as good and that's likely why only 1up have bothered so far to actually put TIME into playing and formulate a better score.

You need to get off this site not because you dislike PSU, but because you are trolling threads with shit like "I will come back in 3 months and gloat if universe 1 is dead" and also the piss-poor "your mom" insults you've thrown at me.

On 2006-11-22 09:15, Callous wrote:
Do you even realize how grumpy and bitter you come across, Shimarisu? I picture you as someone who never smiles. Even when you have a point it just gets lost in all the bitterness and angry demeanor.

LOL, you think I'm angry.

Yes I do realise I come across as grumpy and bitter. Yes, I find this HILARIOUS. If you picture me as somebody who never smiles, well that just goes to show that you should never trust the opinions you formulate of posters on a message board.

I'VE BEEN LOLLING IT UP AT THE TRAINWRECK THIS FORUM HAS BECOME FOR RATHER A WHILE NOW! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-22 09:25 ]</font>

MXdude
Nov 22, 2006, 12:21 PM
PSU=major let down.

The End.

Im also in the same boat as someone else in an earlier post i bought the 180 days subscription.....doh!

peenk
Nov 22, 2006, 12:32 PM
On 2006-11-22 09:19, -Shimarisu- wrote:
1. The links were broken but I was creditted.
2. only 1up have bothered so far to actually put TIME into playing and formulate a better score.

1. Doesn't prove a thing.
2. Review is suppose to give an unbiased openion of a game compared to some other games. You have proved yourself to be bias towards PSU in many of your posts. You have no idea how other 'bad' reviews were made so you LIE that they did not put TIME into the game. The way PSU is now, one needs to spend 1 day playing PSU to see everything it has to offer online, it offers very little content.
Simply to state that the "game will be awesome when they release all the content" is speculating and if you are any good of a reviewer, Shimarisu, you would use FACTs about the game and not speculation to give ita final score.

Do you mind telling what OTHER review(s) you wrote for 1up/egm or for anywhere else for that matter?
How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
It's funny really but I've played PSU jp for 3 months, seen a great deal of future US content, and in fact playing jp games months in advance is what got me my work on magazines.

Stop trolling peenk, LOL.

Actually I'm not a reviewer for the most part, I wrote previews for that magazine mostly, and features. I was called on to write the PSO reviews because I liked the series. I was also an "emergency" rewiewer on occassion, for example I wrote a big feature review for one magazine when Sonic Adventure first hit because their preview copy from Sega did not arrive in time to hit the presses.

I'm not American so why the fuck you'd think I'd write for EGM, lord knows. I don't think they'd like my not-so-puritan writing style, fuck fucking fuck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-22 09:43 ]</font>

MXdude
Nov 22, 2006, 12:43 PM
I thought this post was asking how we liked it SO FAR...so why is there arguments about future content which we wont even know if we like?

Honestly the one major area PSU let me down was that every run is a mission. I liked in PSO how you could go do forest, caves, etc. runs and not have to feel you MUST get that S rank or everyone will hate you. Thats what TTF is for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You cant just do runs for fun with people anymore, its all business and their S rank goal. This is also a reason i feel that the population is spread thin in many areas like Neudiaz. People play the missions which they benefit the most, not which are most fun. </rant>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:44 PM
I know for a fact I like the future content. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MXdude
Nov 22, 2006, 12:45 PM
Well, you were lucky enough to play on the JP servers as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But most of us, we dont know what the content will be like.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:47 PM
Well I can tell you that after expert class hits, the game improves a considerable amount. In fact it was this LAST update that America just got that caused me to write a huge, drunken complaint post about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

MXdude
Nov 22, 2006, 12:49 PM
What was it about this update that you didnt like? Wasnt it the same update JP got? I thought we get the same updates around the same time intervals as they did. I could be wrong tho...honestly i have no clue, i just thought it was like that lol.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 01:34 PM
I didn't play offline so I didn't know about the reskins.

They REALLY pissed me off, and still do, really.

Mayuga
Nov 22, 2006, 05:19 PM
i like it.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 22, 2006, 05:21 PM
So do I.

Stixx
Nov 22, 2006, 05:22 PM
I'm thoroughly enjoying the game! I've made a bunch of new friends and it's a blast playing with all my old friends.

Saikyn
Nov 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
Sonic Team failed. PSU deserves maby a 7.0 at best. This game just isn't what the old PSU was. I continue to play...but the game still sucks. I expected more. I force myself to play because I prey the advanced jobs will give it that UMPF i'm looking for in it...but it probably won't and I'll quit about two weeks after I unlock FiGunner and Wartecher.....we shall see. God damn you Sonic Team.

HiKeRI
Nov 22, 2006, 07:29 PM
FFXI wont die.. neither WoW, but PSU its interesting, though those players that think that advance jobs will change the look of the game ya'll are wrong lol, it'll be just the same thing but stronger (It'll be just like when you opened the case and spammed PA's till you got bored), don't depend on jobs or missions, just check out gameplay and what you do in the game.

Sinue_v2
Nov 22, 2006, 08:05 PM
I'm having fun...

No, it's not PSO...

No, it's not Phantasy Star...

Yes, it has it's problems...

Yes, the game is still fun and enjoyable... and worth the monthly fee.

I honestly can't blame Sega for the locked content. You knew it was going to happen. You knew in advance, and you still bitch like they pulled the rug out from under you. Don't lie... to us, or yourselves. Without a HDD to save new content onto, how the hell else did anyone expect Sega to keep "new" content rolling in and keep players working towards new goals rather than just stagnating like PSO's endless TTF grindfests. Perhaps they did have a bit too much locked away, and perhaps they set the bar too low. Fine. I'd rather be a bit bored in the first two months, than have them blow PSU's load immediately, and then be bored for the next two years or so until a sequel/expansion comes out like I was with PSO.

I think far too many people are too used to a PSO in which every item was available right from the get go - and litterally was, thank to cheating. IMO, PSU in compairison is a godsend since players are now actually forced to learn some tactics and a modicum of skill - rather than just standing around switching weapons which are way too powerful for the area the player is in, just to impress a bunch of people who already have those weapons anyhow.

Not to mention that everyone here seems to forget that PSO v.1 for the Dreamcast was far, far, worse than anything Sonic Team has done with PSU to piss you off. It was broken, glitched, cheated, hardly any rares, easy as hell, and had NO new content aside from Letter from fucking Lionel which was only available for download for like a week and a half. v.2 was like a bandaid on a slit throat.. and to add insult to injury, we had to start paying for it with that one. It wasn't until Ep I & II came out that the game finally started to find it's legs.

Well you know what... this is PSU v.1. Don't like the game now, then stop bitching and come back in two years. Then buy the newest rehash when all the "problems" you see are fixed - or at least addressed.

I'm not happy about how the game turned out either - but christ, at least I knew what the hell I was getting into.

Thrash777
Nov 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-11-22 17:05, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I'm having fun...

No, it's not PSO...

No, it's not Phantasy Star...

Yes, it has it's problems...

Yes, the game is still fun and enjoyable... and worth the monthly fee.

I honestly can't blame Sega for the locked content. You knew it was going to happen. You knew in advance, and you still bitch like they pulled the rug out from under you. Don't lie... to us, or yourselves. Without a HDD to save new content onto, how the hell else did anyone expect Sega to keep "new" content rolling in and keep players working towards new goals rather than just stagnating like PSO's endless TTF grindfests. Perhaps they did have a bit too much locked away, and perhaps they set the bar too low. Fine. I'd rather be a bit bored in the first two months, than have them blow PSU's load immediately, and then be bored for the next two years or so until a sequel/expansion comes out like I was with PSO.

I think far too many people are too used to a PSO in which every item was available right from the get go - and litterally was, thank to cheating. IMO, PSU in compairison is a godsend since players are now actually forced to learn some tactics and a modicum of skill - rather than just standing around switching weapons which are way too powerful for the area the player is in, just to impress a bunch of people who already have those weapons anyhow.

Not to mention that everyone here seems to forget that PSO v.1 for the Dreamcast was far, far, worse than anything Sonic Team has done with PSU to piss you off. It was broken, glitched, cheated, hardly any rares, easy as hell, and had NO new content aside from Letter from fucking Lionel which was only available for download for like a week and a half. v.2 was like a bandaid on a slit throat.. and to add insult to injury, we had to start paying for it with that one. It wasn't until Ep I & II came out that the game finally started to find it's legs.

Well you know what... this is PSU v.1. Don't like the game now, then stop bitching and come back in two years. Then buy the newest rehash when all the "problems" you see are fixed - or at least addressed.

I'm not happy about how the game turned out either - but christ, at least I knew what the hell I was getting into.

Wow... that is pretty much exactly how it is... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BooChan
Nov 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
Its Sinue!!! So this is where you've been hiding. Well if your the same Sinue from gamefaqs who I have debated with on a few occasions. And you've pretty much posted all I wanted to say. Amen!

MXdude
Nov 22, 2006, 08:32 PM
I actually never got bored with PSO even tho it had all its content available. I actually thought it made everything interesting, because there was so much there, yet it took a long time( for me atleast ) to figure out everything about the game. There was just so much available, yet you didnt know about it or how it worked, then when you finally did, there was something else for you to learn. PSU just seems dry. I dont mind the content lock that much, but when youre like me and dont really care about your level as much as you do items that you work hard for, PSU just takes away one reason i played PSO forever. But i guess when all the items are finally released, then ill start having a blast looking for rares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaiNova7
Nov 22, 2006, 11:57 PM
The game is decent so far,only going to get better.
I do agree alot of content should have been available at release.
But at the same time I agree that some parts of the content SHOULD be released at a time, for different reason.
The meele and team aspect is great.
Alot of times your online exp. got to do with friends or who you play with, thats how pso always been.
Last thing:
If you dont like the game..Its simple
Get the_EEf_Out....
Not to be rude..But why waste your time..and bring down the morale of us players who do enjoy playing..
Nuff said.

juno-6
Nov 23, 2006, 12:18 AM
i ephin LOVE this game to DEATH. i dont understand where all the nagging is coming from? u love PSO so much, go play it since its so perfect lol. i like the fact that they locked a lot of content and are unlocking it periodically. im not lost like i was in ff11 on the 360. o yea- did i mention i love this game like a hobo loves crack?

PSU for prez 08! honestly, i think the problem is you guys got too much time on your hands and are playing the game to the leverl cap too soon. chill out and have some fun rather than treating it like a job and grinding till your all burned out with the game....either that or stfu and get off the servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif pace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: juno-6 on 2006-11-22 21:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: juno-6 on 2006-11-22 21:25 ]</font>

peenk
Nov 23, 2006, 12:33 AM
Strange that people say that PSO v1 was shitty yet more people enjoyed that game than PSU will ever see in its, what looks to be, short lifetime.
Oh well, there is always Age of Conan to look up to. (PvP 4tw)

Sinue_v2
Nov 23, 2006, 01:06 AM
Two points:

1. PSO was shittly designed. The fact that a lot of people liked it is not an indication of quality. There's a lot of really shitty, yet popular products out in the market which outsell higher quality goods. Alot of the reason why PSO was so popular with v.1 is because it was the first online RPG for a console, it was a released on a niche platform, and becaue it was free. PSO v.2 was better in every way, but it sold substancially less. Why? Because you had to pay monthly for it, even if the fee was a pittance.

2. You're not Sylvia fucking Brown buddy. You have no idea how well PSU will sell compaired to PSO v.1. Unless you have some real facts and sales numbers to at least attempt a projection on - then shout your flames as your walking your ass out of this topic.

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm becoming disappointed in the game very quickly.

Originally in PSO I had goals. Not very lofty goals, mind you, but I still had them none the less. Most all of them revolved around uber loot. But now there are no rares, at all. Everyone has Crea Saber boards. I could get a Me/Quick, but there are absolutely no groups, even on Universe 1, that are trying to kill Onmagoug on A rank, so I have to try to solo for it... Zzzzzz....

The population of PSU has taken an enormous dive, and Universe 1 is never full anymore. I spend all my time soloing the C rank mission of Moatoob to 50 because I get more loot and experience that way than jumping between all the universes looking for a decent group.

Even once expert classes and new weapons come in, the population will still be fluctuating, and as there still will not be rares per say, there will still be no reason to play for a long period of time. This game is definitely not going to last the way that it's going.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 01:20 AM
What rares did we have in Normal(c), Hard(b), and Very Hard(a) mode? Crap. Utter crap. Ultimate(s) is where the gold was. The only difference is now the rares are boards. You have to make it yourself, or buy it.

It's the same way they did it on PSO. The only difference is now you have to craft them from the rare board drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-22 22:20 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 01:48 AM
On 2006-11-22 22:20, Garnet_Moon wrote:
What rares did we have in Normal(c), Hard(b), and Very Hard(a) mode? Crap. Utter crap. Ultimate(s) is where the gold was. The only difference is now the rares are boards. You have to make it yourself, or buy it.

It's the same way they did it on PSO. The only difference is now you have to craft them from the rare board drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-22 22:20 ]</font>

Except, well, not.

In PSO the rares were at least progressive. Dragon Slayer, Twin Brand, Stag Cutlery, the units, twin sabers were decent and impressive weapons to last you since you couldn't even do Ultimate until you were 120 or above. In PSU all the "rare boards" we have we can't even use. All you need to do now is go buy a 9000 meseta board that you can earn the money for in an hour, get three chances to synth it, and then... nothing. Once you have rank 5 weapons which any level 20 can get at this point, there's nothing left to aim for.

And what rare boards do we have now besides Crea Sabers and Twin Crea Sabers? None worth getting that I can think of. You can buy everything else in the shops. Me/Quick, Me/Concentrate, and Mega/Power which I don't even know where it drops are all boss drops on A rank which no one plays. There's no point in synthing a Gigaline unless you have money to blow since you can just buy the armor from stores in a later patch.

At least back in PSO I could join one of eight types of games: Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Ultimate, and then Ep. I or II - generally either one was fun and loot worthy. Now in PSU I have to find a group that's taking the path toward the boss I'm looking for, I have to find the right rank, and since it's the middle of nowhere my chances of anyone else joining the game later on is slim, so replacements for anyone is out of the question. Then if I decide to go store my items because I'm full on crappy Dimate and Magistrade boards I have to leave my party and do the missions again with a new one to get back to the same area.

The game was actually better before the Moatoob patch because at least then what little population there was was concentrated in Parum. Now people are all over the place. And the new missions don't yield any better loot than before.

MXdude
Nov 23, 2006, 02:43 AM
Im actually tempted to pop in PSO on the GC now lol. Anyways, The OP was to find out if people liked this game or not....so all you people telling the ones that are not all "OMG its a GREAT game" to leave the board and or thread would only make this biased as hell >.> Someone said that PSO was only popular because of being the first online RPG on a console and free...well, If that was the only reason, why did so many people stick around for PSO GC and PSOX? And thats why there was a ton of people on PSU in the first month or so, PSO brought lots of people to this game, yet they all left relativly soon. If PSO was "shity" then why didnt they like PSU which seems to be the be all and end all to some of you.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
Not that many people were on PSOGC as much as the ones that were on PSO v1...

Anyways in the end it's based on the person, people like me are having a blast still, while others are burnt out. Like any good game, online or not, there are people that think it's an awesome game while there's equally amount of people that don't like it.

PSU an't PSO, simple as that. Take the game as it is, and fuck anyone else who says otherwise.

Sinue_v2
Nov 23, 2006, 03:00 AM
The OP was to find out if people liked this game or not....so all you people telling the ones that are not all "OMG its a GREAT game" to leave the board and or thread would only make this biased as hell >.>

There's a different between constructive critisim, and bashing. There's a difference between sharing your opinion, and trolling. Most of the people that Shim, I, and many others are upset with cannot make this distinction. They're simply pissed because PSU is not PSO 2.

Someone said that PSO was only popular because of being the first online RPG on a console and free...well, If that was the only reason, why did so many people stick around for PSO GC and PSOX?

I didn't say it was only popular because of that fact... but it was a contributing factor. v.2 didn't do nearly as well. Ep I & II on the NGC sold fairly well, but most of it's usebase never even took the game online. Ep I & II for the Xbox kinda flopped, and I can't speak for Blue Burst - but what I hear over the forums isn't encourging. Not to mention that I even exclicitly stated that PSO didn't really find it's legs until Ep I & II, which actually did manage to capture a wider and more dedicated playerbase (weither offline or online).

People didn't stick around Ep I & II because of v.1, and I can pretty much guantee that if v.1 were simply ported to the NGC with no new content and all of it's bugs/glitches/inbalances intact - the game would have been torn to shreds and the community would be much smaller today.

If PSO was "shity" then why didnt they like PSU which seems to be the be all and end all to some of you.

A. Try to read and comprehend before posting.

B. Obviously logic would dictate that if they thought PSO was "shitty", they most likely wouldn't have even given PSU an initial glance, and thus, not around to voice their opinion.

MayLee
Nov 23, 2006, 03:23 AM
Kinda still playing Story mode a bit since I cannot be online as much as I would like..

It's good, my kinda game.

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
Does hating PSU turn people into insufferable whiners, or is it the other way around? LOL

SwiftMetal
Nov 23, 2006, 11:33 AM
i have to admit i HATE this game. it is 10x worse than pso and im so pissed that my 360 wont run pso! lol... its back to halo 2 for me, psu was a disapointment....

peenk
Nov 23, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-11-22 22:48, Wallin wrote:
In PSU all the "rare boards" we have we can't even use. All you need to do now is go buy a 9000 meseta board that you can earn the money for in an hour, get three chances to synth it, and then... nothing.

If your synth fails, DO NOT TAKE OUT THE FAILED ITEM

press Ctrl+Alt+Del
End Task the PSU
Log back into PSU and into ur room
talk to your PM and CANCEL the synth it will save you the board even thought you will lose the items

I tried experimenting to see if you end task the fucking game enough times it will finally give you the resulst as success but out of like 5/5 times it was still synth failed every time and tried to give me a crappy monomate

KaiNova7
Nov 23, 2006, 02:04 PM
wow....sorry most of u all feel that way.
I do prefer a large popularity but, again, if dont want to be here, then why be here? Only going to drag others down..Only thing I suggest is give the game more time.Rares will be here sooner than you think.Just look like how frequently they update Jp PSU..
PSU is a different feel from pso..but better in all aspects imo.
But it does seem like something is missiing...
And that is obviously is"content" or rares, battle mode, challengemode....
These things or some form of these will appear eventually..
So cancel GL maybe and comeback??...
Or like me just stay tuned and play casually.

BooChan
Nov 23, 2006, 03:46 PM
In all honesty PSU dose feel like its missing something and basicaly its that magic of being apart of something revolutionary. Which this game isn't,but thats ok. It took PSO like 3 iterations to get good. I expect the same for PSU if It gets the support it needs for Sega to invest in it here. PSO ver1 on the DC was popular because it was free. PSOver2 community only consisted of the faithful. PSO Epi 1 and 2 on the GC had a devoted online community and a large offline fan base on the GC. And a small obnoxious fan base on the X box.
PSU has a grindy nature to it so to me it can be a bit tedious. Especially since item,weapon,and meseta drops are small. So the pay off for your grinding doesn't immediatly grant you rewards like it did in PSO. There are no mags for stat enhancement either. The only thing I can advise for the naysayers is either stick around or just leave. I agree with the complaints but they are based on your opinion on a previous game that went through 3 or 4 years of revisions. I think you guys need to give PSU the same amount of time before giving it the axe its only fair.

MXdude
Nov 23, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:46, BooChan wrote:
I agree with the complaints but they are based on your opinion on a previous game that went through 3 or 4 years of revisions. I think you guys need to give PSU the same amount of time before giving it the axe its only fair.

The 3 to 4 years may fix complaints such as content, and possibly more game modes, but it wont fix the core aspects of the game which many people dont like such as PMs, Synth., clothes, etc. I cant see them changing that, but who knows. Ill probably stick around PSU for a while anyway, its still a good game, just not quite as addicting and fun as i hoped.

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
PSO took a long time to really get moving too, starting from total noobdom.

One of the things I didn't like getting into PSU was that the loot was just ... un-interesting stuff ... not armor and weapons you can recognize most of the time. In PSO v1 I can still remember on my first Caves 1 how it was like OMG AN AUTOGUN! LOOK AT THE ATP THIS IS AWESOME. PSU had "oh, what's a [B] Flourescent Bulb? Seems interesting." on the other hand I was all excited about earning enough money to buy better weapons and armor.

I think in the late game it's gonna be opposite. "Hmm another varista... 50%'s OR GTFO" versus materials that you can use to make awesome stuff of your choosing. Sure it's gonna be really commercial with player shops and all but at least you have the chance to search in-game for boards and materials etc instead of having to hit a message board out of game and scour for someone willing to part with a Panzerfaust.

Cry0
Nov 23, 2006, 04:20 PM
I think sega went a little overboard on the whole 'release content as they go' thing. sure, it lasts longer, but it seems to have an opposite effect on a lot of people. that said, i hvnt been online yet. But I hv a lvl 69 beast offline, and i'm still liking it. although i do lack a variety in weapons. I mean, in pso, you knew the item amount was overwhelming, but here, if you play offline, all you cn get is what is in the shop (well, 80%) the rest you are just left in the dark. suxorz, imo.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 23, 2006, 04:30 PM
I agree with the amount of weapons was greater in PSO, but it must be admitted that on very hard / ultimate , normal weapons was pretty much worthless, apart from some fancy specials.
It was all about the rare, which fortunately was plentiful.
In PSU, the higher grade weapons is essentialy the rares, while there are some REALLY rare ones that can ONLY be obtained by synthing from a board found in some dark cave somewhere.

I like both^^

Oh and yeah, PSUs offline is not as good as PSOs. Period.

On the other side Im not here to play PSU offline, gimme online, ooo yahh!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-11-23 13:31 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-11-23 13:20, Cry0 wrote:
I think sega went a little overboard on the whole 'release content as they go' thing. sure, it lasts longer, but it seems to have an opposite effect on a lot of people.

I think the intention is actually to stop the people who got on at release date and playing 12 hours a day every day from ripping all the way through the game and producing mass amounts of high-end items and showering it on more casual gamers who haven't "earned" them as they pull way ahead.

KirinDave
Nov 23, 2006, 06:27 PM
On 2006-11-23 13:45, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2006-11-23 13:20, Cry0 wrote:
I think sega went a little overboard on the whole 'release content as they go' thing. sure, it lasts longer, but it seems to have an opposite effect on a lot of people.

I think the intention is actually to stop the people who got on at release date and playing 12 hours a day every day from ripping all the way through the game and producing mass amounts of high-end items and showering it on more casual gamers who haven't "earned" them as they pull way ahead.

I agree. Even Diablo II had a progressive content release, and it benefitted everyone. The only thing I really want them to hurry up and release are the story mode missions. I want to be able to work through some of those missions with friends.

I remember going through my first SEED destruction on Parum thinking to myself, "If they make this a little tougher, it's going to be incredibly fun online."

Creasian
Nov 24, 2006, 02:58 AM
In my opinion PSU is better than PSO in most aspects of gameplay. Being able to craft and grind weapons opens the "what is better?" field wide open. The PM is still something that i am neutral about right now as far as fighting with me but that could change.

In the end PSU tries to deliver more challenges, better itemization, and more battlefields. Overall the package is quite nice.

I mean sometimes you just need to accept that what you played 5 years ago isnt going to be ported to now with more maps, more items, and more bosses. Things ARE going to change and some wont be to your liking if your holding onto the past too much.

The issue with content being locked online and no co-op offline in extra mode is because our fellow PS gamers went overboard on the hacking, cheating, and overall bad behavior. I dont like the current atmosphere with no co-op at all offline but i got to deal with it eh?

But lets get one thing straight here..

Sega didnt fuck you. Your fellow pso gamers did.

Kakashi_Xero
Nov 24, 2006, 03:11 AM
yep i just want the game i payed for and the stuff unlocked thats already on my disc im canceling till game gets better its horrendously small ive played demos bigger than this

Chisa
Nov 24, 2006, 11:13 AM
I've had no real issues with the game really. we all wish there was more content, but I make the best with what I have. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I enjoy just sitting down and talking with friends or random people, partying and making more friends, and just enjoying what there is to enjoy. the expert classes will be released soon enough hopefully, we just got to be patient. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif that was one of the best aspects of PSO too, was the friendships you made on it. and that is one of PSU's strengths too. The game is impressive with just what we've seen, those who are patient will hopefully be please with what is ti come, I sure am hopeful as well.

Chisa.

Niered
Nov 24, 2006, 11:41 AM
I have to say im having just as much fun as I did in PSO. I find that the people that complain the most about lack of content are the same level 25 characters that are maxed class cuz theve been doing only De ragan runs, but that goes without saying. I find that the game switches from a hack n' slash to a 3rd person shooter quite nicely, and I cant help but love doing farming runs with my best freinds. Id have to say it livess up to my hopes!

Wheatpenny
Nov 24, 2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah the fun is here,the feel of PSO is here,Yes I like the game.Yes the content is a tad lacking.No I'n not gona trash the game just because of that.And Yes I will be playing for a loooooong time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kakashi_Xero
Nov 24, 2006, 01:28 PM
it will take alot of new content to keep me around i cant afford the 10$ a month right now like some of u, for a game that you can play every level in it in 5 hours, yeah i like the game but it got old fast, i hate doing the same thing over and over, and it wouldnt be so bad if there was more lvls, i was burned out from pso seeing as i played that since it first came out, i got bored of the low amount of levels and that only carried over to psu, im just gonna cancel and save up some money and then come back when the game is much larger, gonna take a break from it for now

Mwabwetumba
Nov 24, 2006, 01:52 PM
Im VERY happy with online!