PDA

View Full Version : A Trip Around the Universe

GeoHolyhart
Nov 22, 2006, 12:59 AM
Well, the story begins shortly after I woke up in the morning. I met with my usual party. We decided we needed some quick cash and went to kill De Ragan a few times. Arriving in Raffon Field Base I met Chad who decided to come with us. We ran Relics (B) for some nanocarbons twice and then decided to do De Ragan(B). After De Ragan we just went ahead and decided to do Mad Beast(B) then Temple. Some of the members in the party had never done Seabed Lab, so we abandoned the mission and did Seabed Lab(B).

Afterwards, not knowing what else to do, we headed to Linear Line. B was too easy, so we decided to do all of Linear Line A rank. At this point some of the members left and we picked up a few other members. All this probably took a few hours. If you haven't done B missions then you have no right to speak, since you don't know how much HP the mobs have.

With my newer party I went to Moa and we did the canyon path first all on B rank. After both missions were over the party underwent some more party member changes. So, we headed back to Moa to do Desert path all on B. After all this some more members left and some old ones rejoined. At this point I was the only one who stayed the during every mission. Moa took another few hours (though it didn't seem like it), because anyone who has done Moa on anything B+ knows everything has a lot of HP, more then anywhere on a average.

I was now determined to complete my "Run Around the Galaxy" with the last planet in line Neu. To make a long story short. Some members left and old ones returned yet again. We decided to go Forest path, then whatever mecha path is called, then abandon and do Rainbow Beast, then Neu relics, return to the city do Mizuki Defense Path and head for our final destination Onmagoug B, a easy win to a long hard trip. And so the run around the universe ended at Kugo Hot Springs.

It took me from the morning (about 8:00am) to midnight (12:00) almost on the dot. This includes breaks to rooms for drop offs, 5 minute food breaks, chatting (no chat=kick here).

Honestly it took much longer then I ever imagined that it would take to do all the current missions. Doing them separately at leisure makes each one seem so short, but I was wrong. Just so you know, I wasn't partying with a bunch of noobs. This all took place in Universe 15, so I'm sure many of your saw me run by or talking. Don't think I'll be dong it anytime soon again, but I'm glad I did before it becomes impossible.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3379/finallyfinishedpr3.th.png (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finallyfinishedpr3.png)

Has anyone else ever done this? How long did it take you? I wasn't trying to do speed runs, but rather have fun. Oh and thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, many were PSOW members.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah, B rank is an odd one. The mobs seem to have more HP than their A Rank cousins. You know they don't, but god it sure as hell feels like they do. Or maybe they do and SEGA just made a goof and forgot to fix it? Hmm...

Congratulations on a happy return from your tour of the Gurhal System. I'd do it, but if I did i'd probably call it quits after doing Hakura Temple on A Rank. Doing half damage is like bullet time... how can anybody who ain't a force stand it. I couldn't stand it when it was the only valid grinding place, and I can't stand to solo it anymore... same goes for that retarded endrum stage with them tanks. >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-21 22:17 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Nov 22, 2006, 01:19 AM
My teams usually don't do an entire system run but we always go all around.

It's pretty fun moving all over, definitely keeps things fresh.

Nietzsche
Nov 22, 2006, 01:29 AM
I jumped in for Neudaiz, it was pretty fun and broke up the monotany of constant level grinding the same mission over and over, ironically i had soloed most of the other planets before i met up with you guys

GeoHolyhart
Nov 22, 2006, 01:33 AM
I wonder how long it would take to do A runs nonstop or in a similar manner that I did?

Solo'ing I'd imagine Seabed Lab would be super annoying and impossible to A rank without scapes.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 22, 2006, 02:16 AM
Hmm well all on A ranks, and if my memory serves me right.
Fanatics: 30 mins
Lab Recovery : 30-45mins
Endrum Remanents : 30-45mins
Nuda Relics: 25-35 mins
Dimmy mission: about 45-70 mins <- yah real long to S it but so much fun
Omma: 25 mins
Rainbow Beast: 30-40 mins
Mad Beasts : 40 mins

Other missions takes about 20 mins, or less.

So yah it'll take a bit of time to do em all XD.

Aaomi
Nov 22, 2006, 02:23 AM
I solo all around...

Well I did until Moatoob open and now I'm stuck there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GeoHolyhart
Nov 22, 2006, 03:10 AM
On 2006-11-21 23:23, Aaomi wrote:
I solo all around...

Well I did until Moatoob open and now I'm stuck there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Everything was easy before. I like new missions because difficulty increased a lot more. Seeing as how before they were only like 8 missions it only took a few hours (not even half a day) to do them all on A. New mission's B are like old one's A. Was never the solo'ing type. You still get same Mission bonuses which is the highlight of every mission for the most part. That's just me though, I like to have fun with others and share items around.

@Shadow Wing: That looks about right for A stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-22 00:12 ]</font>

Aaomi
Nov 22, 2006, 03:26 AM
I couldn't tell which way you took what I said lol. I mean stuck there as in I'm loving it and haven't quests anywhere else for awhile now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aaomi
Nov 22, 2006, 03:36 AM
Afterwards, not knowing what else to do, we headed to Linear Line. B was too easy, so we decided to do all of Linear Line A rank. At this point some of the members left and we picked up a few other members. All this probably took a few hours. If you haven't done B missions then you have no right to speak, since you don't know how much HP the mobs have.

I would just like to use this to tell everyone of my big achievement of the day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/Aaomi/RankS.jpg

I was able to solo The first Linear Line mission Rank B as a level 7 (http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/Aaomi/Level7.jpg) (Started as a level 5) without any deaths ^.^

Lastat27
Nov 22, 2006, 03:47 AM
I made a previous thread here about the "PSU World Tour!" that ZamZa started. We have done the tour twice now. Basically doing every single Mission on A rank in one session.

The first tour took us about 7 hours. I think we may have timed it wrong because the second tour we did took 10 hours. And oddly, we didn't run into a single Bil de Vear on Moatoob either. You think that would decreased our total time. We did tend to sit around a lot. We took many breaks and almost fell asleep to the dino music in the Moatoob lobbies. The party battled on through 15 A Missions and many bosses, and was almost defeated by a lullabye in the background. Once the last 3 missions started it was only battle sounds keeping us awake.

I also agree that it's a very enjoyable experience. But only two times a week maximum. There's no way I'll be doing another run until the weekend. It takes so much stamina to finish up Moatoob after having played for 8 hours. Those last 1 hour long missions are usually what breaks up the static before we can finish together. It was only ZamZa and I left standing in the end this time. We know you can do it Siatri-sama!

These Tours are going to be deadly once S Ranked versions come out. All-nighters anyone?

GeoHolyhart
Nov 22, 2006, 05:49 PM
Tell me about it. Moa is the longest of the 3 planets. I ran in to tons of Bil de Vears, lol. They're annoying as heck on anything other then C currently. Every been stunned, then tornadoed by a group of them? It really hurts.

Randomness
Nov 22, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-11-22 14:49, GeoHolyhart wrote:
Tell me about it. Moa is the longest of the 3 planets. I ran in to tons of Bil de Vears, lol. They're annoying as heck on anything other then C currently. Every been stunned, then tornadoed by a group of them? It really hurts.

No... after a couple of seconds it stops hurting... when you fall to the floor dead because it sucked you in.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 22, 2006, 05:54 PM
Wow I dont think I could play that long but sounds fun lol.

Stixx
Nov 22, 2006, 06:02 PM
I've been wanting to do this for a while, and now that I'm finally level 50, now's a good a time as any. Guess it's time to make some calls >.>

Ish
Nov 22, 2006, 06:48 PM
I was there!! Whoohoo! And Geo is too cool to pose for the picture

Poignantswine
Nov 23, 2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah...and what was I doing? eh? Running through Neu by myself all day. You don't know how frustrated I was to find out you guys were doing a world tour after fanboy turned me down for it the night before.

But I had a burger...so it was okay after that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poignantswine on 2006-11-23 10:18 ]</font>

Candor
Nov 23, 2006, 01:57 PM
Wish i was part of that group, only time I've done all of them in one sitting was before the update, after this semester ends I'll try getting through every mission.