PDA

View Full Version : JP 11/22 update on servers early~

Itsuki
Nov 22, 2006, 05:47 AM
Yup, that means new missions for us.

Hive, Parum's Linear Train, and Moatoob Caves.

Heres how the first run of them went:
Hive S
Scary... very scary. On C through A, theres not much megid. Linear Line versions of many spawns. Suprisingly, megid wasn't always the issue. Deljyaban were pretty much disabled most of the time. But many of the spawns are with other stuff, and a stray deljyaban could sometimes sneak in a megid. There are Chaos Soran (sp?) that are basically the equivalent of a Chaos Sorcerer. There was atleast one death to a foie crit dealing 1000+. The biggest threat ended up being the Kyarigain. The last room spawns like 3 or 4 of them. They are dark versions of kamatouze, but seem more akin to a chaos bringer. They have a rapid fire megid, they shoot like 3-5 in a row fast. Also have a sonic boom type attack, and their charging slash dealt me 700 + 500 (2 hits quick). Worst thing for little ole ranger me was that they seemed to be immune to all status effects. There are very few monsters that don't freeze. Infact, I can't think of another monster that doesn't freeze (and isn't a boss). Overall, probably great exp and drops if you can survive. Everyone in our group probably had atleast 3 scapes on them, and atleast 3 of us ran out with a death toll of 7 actually counted against us.

Parum Linear Train S
Best part about this mission? It leads directly to Plant Outpost. That deserves to be bolded. Just fire elemental mechs, and beasts. Last room is a seed Vance type. It was pretty easy on S, monsters gave exp similar to Hakura. Replace the newman with beasts, which are much easier and don't heal. Its actually a really quick mission that good for exp (172 exp on kill, 120exp on tag per mech, they spawn in groups and die fast if you have forces).

Moatoob Caves S/C
This place is weird. It seems like a combination of all Moatoob areas, but overall feels more like a Canyon type. When we first ran through on S, our leader had a strange lock up and one of our keys didn't spawn (don't know if the two were related). Either way, we couldn't finish the mission had to restart and did it on C. The first time we went through it was entirely canyon spawns. Rapucha everywhere, tons of cows. Second run it was very different. Almost entirely Desert spawns. Worms, those little rats, crocs, bil the bears~. Either way, I think the boss was a mass spawn of crocs similar to the cog nadd in Canyon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but Moatoob is really turning into a throwback to PSO. First Bruce's mission has old school style floor buttons. Now caves has traps. Yup, invisible ones. We joked at the cast to warn us of them (of course, they're only visible with the goggles).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-22 04:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-22 22:57 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Nov 22, 2006, 07:05 AM
Good to hear parum linear line leads directly to the plant outpost as both are my favorite areas.

A2K
Nov 22, 2006, 07:23 AM
No Dulk Fakis for the Hive mission, then? Just a room full of Carriguines? (For good or ill, the other two you mentioned are Deljaban and Gaozoran in English, I believe.)

How many cars is the Linear Train mission? I believe in main Story Mode mission it was eight, but for the free mission it was only four.

Good info, though. Thanks.

Itsuki
Nov 22, 2006, 07:36 AM
I believe there were 4 train cars. Last one was two of the seed guys.

And its not "full of carriquines". Its actually a lot more similar to the last room of Labs. Theres a few waves of monsters, but the main scary things in the mix are those Carriguines. And this is only Hive 1. We don't have Hive 2 yet. Chances are Hive 2 will have good old Fakis.

Sydz
Nov 22, 2006, 07:41 AM
I'd like to see Fakis online. He was such a wussy in story mode. So fighting him as a real challenge sounds interesting.

Itsuki
Nov 22, 2006, 07:42 AM
Technically, his first form IS online. You fight him in online story mode Episode 2 Chapter 3.

A2K
Nov 22, 2006, 07:44 AM
Oh? Just his first form?

Itsuki
Nov 22, 2006, 08:06 AM
To my knowledge. I know it doesn't have the last form. But I haven't technically done that mission myself.

Silve
Nov 23, 2006, 01:00 AM
I'd love to see party missions where you fight SEED Magashi, The Vol Brothers, Magashi's Tank variant, and Dark Fakis's 2 forms, as well as the SEED attacked stages and the 3 "vehicles" added to online play. (Hoverbike races please)

I do want to know what the caverns level is like online. Does it end with the Sinow Beat S trio, and what's the end lobby like? I've seen screenshots of what looks like an arctic lobby on certain image boards, and am wondering if this is it.
http://www.psu-wiki.info/upbbs/html/RaPT.html
http://www.psu-wiki.info/upbbs/html/asd.html

Genobee
Nov 23, 2006, 01:07 AM
09/22 ? it's coming out next year?

SpishackCola
Nov 23, 2006, 01:50 AM
She's from the FUTURE!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 23, 2006, 01:53 AM
11/22 guys common you know that.

Ether
Nov 23, 2006, 01:56 AM
On 2006-11-22 22:07, Genobee wrote:
it's coming out next year?

For America it is!

Itsuki
Nov 23, 2006, 01:57 AM
Whoops, my bad. I was writing that after signing off of PSU at 5:30am you know~

Genobee
Nov 23, 2006, 02:57 AM
O so it came out yesterday. well yesterday for me.

Shazbot
Nov 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
When we first ran through on S, our leader had a strange lock up and one of our keys didn't spawn (don't know if the two were related). Either way, we couldn't finish the mission had to restart and did it on C.

Yeah, this has happened to me twice now. I think there's something wrong with the map. Too bad too cause it gives a nice chunk of mission points when you're actually able to finish the map. I think I got either 15 or 20 for B difficulty.