PDA

View Full Version : Not enough people do Seabed (35+)

Kanore
Nov 22, 2006, 10:35 AM
I see alot of people headed to Neu Relics... why not Seabed A?

It's alot easier on the eyes, and Forces can help cut through it faster than a knife through butter because pretty much everything is Lightning, whereas we don't have any Dark skill to help you cut through Neu Relics as easily.

Also, it only takes 5 minutes longer (20 min total) than a normal De Ragan A run for 2k more EXP.

All you need is a Force or 2 to handle the flies, and you're set.

... Of course, the group I went with yesterday had 3-4 Forces, so the time calculation may be a biiiiit off. Oh, and we were all above 45 too >_> x_x;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2006-11-22 07:35 ]</font>

Sydz
Nov 22, 2006, 10:37 AM
its a little harder to get out there for one. Also bugs are a huge pain for anyone not a force. Especialy if you are a beast like me.

Shade-
Nov 22, 2006, 10:50 AM
idont go out there becuse the three levels leading up to it have horrendus slowdown from the trees. A problem that suddenly popped up after the first major patch, so I'm not going back to that planet again, unless I'm meeting a party at seabed and I can fly to the base.

Turambar
Nov 22, 2006, 10:50 AM
But but but.....its so fun.......

Seriously, I really wish that more higher level people would go there. I've only had the opportunity to run it on A twice and its by far the best mission I've done up to date.

Sydz
Nov 22, 2006, 10:53 AM
well, I'm always up for a run if anyone wants to. I'm only 41 right now though.

BurningRage
Nov 22, 2006, 11:03 AM
The bugs aren't hard to kill at all as long as you get behind them. I've tried it and you're pretty much guaranteed to hit them as long as you get behind them.

Kanore
Nov 22, 2006, 11:04 AM
On 2006-11-22 07:50, Shade- wrote:
idont go out there becuse the three levels leading up to it have horrendus slowdown from the trees. A problem that suddenly popped up after the first major patch, so I'm not going back to that planet again, unless I'm meeting a party at seabed and I can fly to the base.

I had problems with that too. Go to your graphics options and set textures from Normal to Compressed. It makes loading times a tad longer (1-3 seconds for me I guess), but it got rid of my slowdown completely. And I had baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad unbearable slowdown.

Shade-
Nov 22, 2006, 11:13 AM
On 2006-11-22 08:04, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-11-22 07:50, Shade- wrote:

I had problems with that too. Go to your graphics options and set textures from Normal to Compressed. It makes loading times a tad longer (1-3 seconds for me I guess), but it got rid of my slowdown completely. And I had baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad unbearable slowdown.

thanks, I'll try that.

ryuartyi
Nov 22, 2006, 11:54 AM
On 2006-11-22 07:35, Kanore wrote:

It's alot easier on the eyes, and Forces can help cut through it faster than a knife through butter because pretty much everything is Lightning, whereas we don't have any Dark skill to help you cut through Neu Relics as easily.

Also, it only takes 5 minutes longer (20 min total) than a normal De Ragan A run for 2k more EXP.

... Of course, the group I went with yesterday had 3-4 Forces, so the time calculation may be a biiiiit off. Oh, and we were all above 45 too >_> x_x;

I'm sorry, but the Seabed is one of the most annoying courses in the entire game, taking over an hour to complete.

What isn't deserving of it's abandonment is Grove of Fanatics, best exp in the game and drops 6* bow boards.

AlMcFly
Nov 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
The slowdown was fixed apparently because I don't get it anymore. Also, Robobugs are the sole reason noone does Seabed. I just love going through entire combos including PA's and only seeing zeros. Oh, and it's not as easy for forces as you make it out to be. Just went through a Seabed A rank with a group yesterday and it took the fo's a terribly long time to kill them also...

gapzi11a
Nov 22, 2006, 12:12 PM
I didnt get any of the slow down on my 360. Is it only the PC/PS2 servers?

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 12:16 PM
Can't wait to try it out soon XD

Para
Nov 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
Jarbas is the reason why we dont do seabed.

Unless you are talking about the mission Endrum Remanents.

panzer_unit
Nov 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
I love that mission. It was super hard the first time I tried going through B, but a better organized team (me using Sol's on incapacitated teammies and the Force spamming Radiga e.g.) we rocked it hard and fast.

Something I haven't tried yet, but will next time I'm there, is leaving one gun with no bullet PA linked... so I'm firing at them with 100% ATA instead of 65% or so. Probably less dangerous / annoying than trying to melee for half damage.

Sydz
Nov 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-11-22 09:17, Para wrote:
Jarbas is the reason why we dont do seabed.

Unless you are talking about the mission Endrum Remanents.

Well, He did say pure lightning, so im gonna Assume it's Endrum.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 12:31 PM
Force makes post complaining that not enough people play seabed, news at 11.

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 12:32 PM
Seabed... sounds like PSO...

Ryoki
Nov 22, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-11-22 08:54, ryuartyi wrote:

I'm sorry, but the Seabed is one of the most annoying courses in the entire game, taking over an hour to complete.

What isn't deserving of it's abandonment is Grove of Fanatics, best exp in the game and drops 6* bow boards.

WTF? 1 hour? are you on crack? I soloed B with my beast hunter (YOU HEARD ME) and I even got the bug infested setup. Only took me about 30 min. And GoF doesn't have best exp. I think the dimmoguolus quest in moatoob on A does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-11-22 10:15 ]</font>
________
Buy Digital Scale (http://www.vaporshop.com/scales)

Para
Nov 22, 2006, 12:45 PM
I wouldnt call Endrum Remanents seabed because it takes you to Old Mellvore City. The Laboratory is what takes you "underwater".

ryuartyi
Nov 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
On 2006-11-22 09:38, Ryoki wrote:

On 2006-11-22 08:54, ryuartyi wrote:

WTF? 1 hour? are you on crack? I soloed B with my beast hunter (YOU HEARD ME) and I even got the bug infested setup. Only took me about 30 min. And GoF doesn't have best exp. I think the dimmoguolus quest in moatoob on A does.

The last party I was in on that course took over an hour to get to block three... and solo was completely impossible.

If you're talking about Endrum Remants, it's just GoF rehashed. Nothing special.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-11-22 10:16 ]</font>

GeoHolyhart
Nov 22, 2006, 01:02 PM
Seabed lab has too much instant death and freezing at last map with no PP charge and to top it all the Mission reward is super crappy. So why do you want to run it again?

SpishackCola
Nov 22, 2006, 01:54 PM
He's talking about Endrum A no Lab Recovery A...I think.

Silve
Nov 23, 2006, 12:46 AM
Seabed's awesome for a cast, since if you lure those bees into the hall, you can pull off an SUV and just MELT them. I was also taking enough damage from the sinows to pull off 3 SUV's during the fight.

If only the thing didn't take 8 million years to summon it'd be awesome.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 12:57 AM

FACT: The best places to XP as a Hunter and Ranger always have Forces at a disadvantage.

FACT: The best places to XP as a Force put Hunter and Ranger at a dissadvantage.

FACT: There are more Hunters and Rangers than there are Forces, therefore we're going to the Hunter-friendly zones.

FACT: Believe it.

Kanore
Nov 23, 2006, 12:58 AM
On 2006-11-22 21:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:

FACT: The best places to XP as a Hunter and Ranger always have Forces at a disadvantage.

FACT: The best places to XP as a Force put Hunter and Ranger at a dissadvantage.

FACT: There are more Hunters and Rangers than there are Forces, therefore we're going to the Hunter-friendly zones.

FACT: Believe it.

... D:

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 01:06 AM
Like hell i'm going to willingly go to Hakura Temple or Endrum Remnants on my Hunter. Haha, no. Unless i'm feeling lucky about getting a 6* Kabura board for my future Guntecher, then I ain't gonna even bother with those stages. And even when I do go to them, it's always too bothersome to care. The forces are happy, but everybody else is emo.

When i'm happy, the forces are emo. It's a win/lose situation. :

SpishackCola
Nov 23, 2006, 01:40 AM
Lol, going with Kanore and being either the only hunter or one of two hunters with 4 forces in Endrum was hilarious. Get some force friends you Hunter nubs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 01:43 AM
Get some Hunter friends you Force nubs. D:<

SpishackCola
Nov 23, 2006, 01:47 AM
I'm the 1/2 hunters I was talking about :3

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 01:52 AM
Hush, traitor. Go and be babysat by your force buddies. We of the Brotherhood of Hunters don't need a softy like you who prefers more than one force per party. D:<

Tekershee
Nov 23, 2006, 04:01 AM
Endrum A is lovely.

I did it with a few forces who were easy to find, and we were finishing it in 20 minutes. 2850 meseta, 5000 experience? It's not too bad.

Turambar
Nov 23, 2006, 05:01 AM
Well, I'm at the point where the exp rate dosn't really phase me at all. HU is lv 10, RA is lv 10, and since I don't plan on guntecher, wartecher, or foretecher, I'm leaving FO untouched. That basically leaves me playing missions for fun, and let no one fool you, Mellvore is extremely fun. IMO, it beats GoF or Neudiez Relics anyday.