PDA

View Full Version : WOW, twin daggers

Alisha
Nov 22, 2006, 11:00 AM
i never liked twin daggers. but bored out of my mind i started leveling every PA to at least lvl 21. i love the 3rd combo of renkai buyou zan(it looks like something eddie gordo would do). plus i never noticed how many times it hits and how fast it levels before. perhaps i was just being stubborn and hated it just because everyone else loved it. they still cant match the damage of assault crush but thats kinda moot since that pa isnt even online yet. still doesnt change my opinion of wartecher though. only level 20 skills makes me sad.

--
Mod edit: fix title.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-22 15:04 ]</font>

BurningRage
Nov 22, 2006, 11:07 AM
Twin daggers are the only melee weapon that I don't use. My PM has that covered along with the claw too, so between both of us, we have every melee weapon out covered. I personally do not like the twin daggers, though mainly because I don't like to use the same weapon as everyone else.

ABDUR101
Nov 22, 2006, 11:22 AM
I'm a conformist by necessity. If the daggers are bad ass, I don't care who uses them and who doesn't, I'm not going to gimp my ability just to be 'unique'.

Two sets of the best daggers I can make(each different elements based on where I fight and what the enemies are), followed by two cheapy twin daggers to spam PA on weaker 'trash' enemies. Toss whatever you want in the extra weapon slots you have. Hasn't failed me yet.

Tomeeboy
Nov 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
The problem with Twin Daggers, is that when everyone in the group is using them, you have no knockdown / knockback to control the larger, more damaging enemies. I became addicted to their fast attacking and good damage as well, but I still try to whip out the saber/gun or dual sabers from time to time to put a big enemy on it's back when my party is taking a beating.

_Deliverance_
Nov 22, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-11-22 08:22, ABDUR101 wrote:
I'm a conformist by necessity. If the daggers are bad ass, I don't care who uses them and who doesn't, I'm not going to gimp my ability just to be 'unique'.

Two sets of the best daggers I can make(each different elements based on where I fight and what the enemies are), followed by two cheapy twin daggers to spam PA on weaker 'trash' enemies. Toss whatever you want in the extra weapon slots you have. Hasn't failed me yet.

Yeah, using the weapons that you like because they are fun for you is what it's all about dude.

If you choose something just to be different, I think it's pretty ghey, but w/e. Use a weapon because it rocks, not because nobody uses it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BurningRage
Nov 22, 2006, 12:47 PM
I use all the melee weapons for both variety and uniqueness. I hardly see any decline in effectiveness by using different weapons. I have no problem with people using twin daggers, but I find them overused in the wrong kind of situations when a person could be using a more effective weapon for the situation. Between me and my PM I have every ground covered, but if you want to use just one weapon, that's your choice.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 22, 2006, 02:15 PM
I love the the twin daggers. Not only for its attack combo and PA but it also is extremely pp efficient.

Ryoki
Nov 22, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:15, KiteWolfwood wrote:
I love the the twin daggers. Not only for its attack combo and PA but it also is extremely pp efficient.

Quite true. That's why it's my staple weapon, and why I'm going FiGunner. However, I would never buy Tenora Works TD. Too little pp. I tend to stick with Yohmei, on pretty much everything. (I still buy GRM Sabers, and have one GRM TD. They have close to the same PP, and they are good for weapons that don't use much PP.)

________
Toyota publica sports history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Publica_Sports)

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 02:34 PM
I like knuckles a lot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sitka
Nov 22, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:34, Zarbolord wrote:
I like knuckles a lot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Agreed, I've been using all the hunter weps and find I'm really enjoying the fists http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think all the weapons have their use in different situations and enjoy mixing them around. I just wish the sword wasn't so damn sloooooowwwwww. Someone tell me that Tornado Break is worth leveling that stupid weapon up, cuz the sword is killing me with counterattacks (literally).

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 02:47 PM
I don't like photon swords, they seem to lame in appearance, too comon, like the saber and handgun, but all swords do. I prefer to have a really cool rare sword though. BLood BLade, good name for one, you get it with Megid element http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Wish it will be in. Also, I've been thinking. They are putting old weapons back in, but what about partisans? Are they gonna become spears? I miss the partisan action, and slicer go to cards? They should add them back ;-;

Ryralane
Nov 22, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-11-22 08:39, _Deliverance_ wrote:

Yeah, using the weapons that you like because they are fun for you is what it's all about dude.

If you choose something just to be different, I think it's pretty ghey, but w/e. Use a weapon because it rocks, not because nobody uses it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There's probably a reason nobody uses them...

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
looks?
They're all pretty balanced, depends on your tastes I suppose.

Yoruichi
Nov 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-11-22 08:00, Alisha wrote:
i never liked twin daggers. but bored out of my mind i started leveling every PA to at least lvl 21. i love the 3rd combo of renkai buyou zan(it looks like something eddie gordo would do). plus i never noticed how many times it hits and how fast it levels before. perhaps i was just being stubborn and hated it just because everyone else loved it. they still cant match the damage of assault crush but thats kinda moot since that pa isnt even online yet. still doesnt change my opinion of wartecher though. only level 20 skills makes me sad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-11-22 08:03 ]</font>

Didn't you just prove you can't trust your own opinions because they are based off of unknowledgable assumptions? So why can't wartecher be decent?

bleyzwun
Nov 22, 2006, 03:19 PM
I use all weapons and bring what i need to certain missions. I would rather have a specific weapon for certain mobs instead of having a bunch of the same weapon. Long swords or daggers for those little mobs that swarm you but with weak attacks. Spears for anything that moves around a lot. All weapons with a knockback for stronger enemies. ATM my fav is knuckles though.

panzer_unit
Nov 22, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:39, Sitka wrote:

I think all the weapons have their use in different situations and enjoy mixing them around. I just wish the sword wasn't so damn sloooooowwwwww. Someone tell me that Tornado Break is worth leveling that stupid weapon up, cuz the sword is killing me with counterattacks (literally).

OH NOES A HUNTER PLAYING LIKE A PRO!

WTF I thought it said in the manual that you guys are supposed to run screaming into hordes spamming AOE / no knockback moves just 'cause you get to light up more and bigger damage numbers on the way down.

Use the reach on those swords. It's a lot longer than you'd think, especially if you start your swing while the monsters are advancing into your range rather than waiting until you get a target. Tornado Break, same deal it's got reach FTW... and yeah may as well spam it for massive AOE damage if your HP aren't going to be worse off for it.

BurningRage
Nov 22, 2006, 03:40 PM
That's exactly what I was saying in my last post. Sticking to one or two weapons is a dumb idea, especially with the new missions.

Sitka
Nov 22, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-11-22 12:33, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2006-11-22 11:39, Sitka wrote:

OH NOES A HUNTER PLAYING LIKE A PRO!

WTF I thought it said in the manual that you guys are supposed to run screaming into hordes spamming AOE / no knockback moves just 'cause you get to light up more and bigger damage numbers on the way down.

Use the reach on those swords. It's a lot longer than you'd think, especially if you start your swing while the monsters are advancing into your range rather than waiting until you get a target. Tornado Break, same deal it's got reach FTW... and yeah may as well spam it for massive AOE damage if your HP aren't going to be worse off for it.

Ya, I'm going to work the sword some more. I got my Ranger maxed so I've gone back to working my second character a bit and trying to get used to more melee action.

It took me some practice, but I eventually got to the point on PSO where I could hit almost anything with almost anything and avoid counterattacks. Each weapon had it's range and timing. On PSU, I'm still learning both the range and the timing. The sword is the one I'm having the greatest trouble with as some fast beastie is always whacking you from behind just as you're unloading on the mob in front of you. The worst ones are the flying wyverns with an unexpected foie strafe just as you figured you could get one more hit in before popping a mate or a late spawning enemy who comes from behind just after you wiped out his buddies.

I've heard the Tornado Break gets pretty good above level 20, but I don't play the offline game and haven't seen it at the higher levels, so I'm hoping it does. I'm far more effective using the sword without the pa right now, but will keep building it up if it works decent in the end.

My favorite hunter PA right now is the single dagger honestly. Flying through the area and keeping the targeting bumper lit up is really quite enjoyable.

That Twin Brand look-alike has my interest right now, but 4.8 mil for one - wow - that's a lot of meseta.

Witchblade56
Nov 22, 2006, 03:57 PM
The elegance of the animation on the attacks of the twin dagger is what gets me. Also it has high damage over time. You get the standard set of attacks and can throw in the PA in the end to do higher hit combos.

Greatsword on my fem character is just comical to watch her swing this ginormous weapon around while looking like shes about to fall over is my enjoyment with that weapon.

Im a bit of a jedi knight nut and so really really loved it when i was able to craft elemental weapons [particularly twin sabers and single sabers >.>].

Leveling PA's til advanced jobs are out; craft anything and everything that will be useful for your chosen advanced job when it comes out. Having nice 5 star B ranked weapons ready to go for your figunner or 7 stars [if you have the boards or the means to purchase them] would be really nice. This is what im doing atm anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mystil
Nov 22, 2006, 04:11 PM
The only weapons I don't use are Great Sword and Fists. For specific enemies like the monsters of the "Ageeta" family(lets group them all into this), I will whip out the daggers and roll like a spinning barrel.

Flamingo99
Nov 22, 2006, 04:19 PM
I try to balance out the weapons I have. Dagger for PA for getting through enemies and for a gun, Twin Sabers for large enemies ( Also my main weapon), Spears for multiple enemies (I prefer its speed over the Sword's power), Single Saber for it's PA and a gun, and Twin Daggers for quick attacks, and for in case I get surrounded I can just spam the PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-11-22 13:20 ]</font>

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 22, 2006, 04:21 PM
Hunter pro = 10 dual daggers and a couple spears, and one 1hand/gun combo

-Crokar-
Nov 22, 2006, 04:24 PM
well i have no variety of weapons but never have any problems as spears are amazingly powerful and they have a great pa. when expert classes come out ill start switching my weapons

panzer_unit
Nov 22, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-11-22 13:11, Silhouette wrote:
The only weapons I don't use are Great Sword and Fists.

Those were the two I liked best.

The single-dagger PA I found to be really great for taking care of guys that try to run away. Staying locked-on for the first part of the move will keep you on top of guys like those yellow shrimp things in Relics who jump backwards all the time. Then you do awesome damage and kick 'em across the room where you can set on 'em with regular moves for a little.

Randomness
Nov 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
Single dagger PA is also better for forces, as the first stage of it knocks enemies DOWN instead of up like Rising Strike.

Arieta
Nov 22, 2006, 08:54 PM
My personal fav weapons that I keep in my line up are: Dagger, Twin Dagger, Twin Saber, and Spear.

The dagger and Twin saber give me the knockdown/ knockup/ knockaway abilites, while the spear and twin dagger give me the big damage PA's against mobs that I don't need to keep down.

I tried Sword once, but it was way to slow for my taste, and I swear I'm doing less damage with it then with my other weapons. It's also a great way to get yourself beat up on higher ranked missions because of how slow you move overall through the attacks and PA.

Katrina
Nov 22, 2006, 10:52 PM
I love Twin Daggers, not only for the PA's, but the speed of the 7 hit standard combos also. Dagger / Gun, and Spear round out my current favorites, and suit me very well for most situations.

(I was impressed with bows too, and can't wait to try Wartecher to add bows / fans, and wands to my palette).

P.S. I remember hearing loose talk about whips. I wonder if we'll ever see whips down the road... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

Ether
Nov 22, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-11-22 13:21, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Hunter pro = 10 dual daggers and a couple spears, and one 1hand/gun combo

Get off Parum already

Garnet_Moon
Nov 22, 2006, 11:20 PM
Well, he's right about the spear part. Mine does 200 per PA strike in Grove of Fanatics. It's a Shock Halbert. :3

The part about daggers? Eh... i've gotten used to my Frost Caalibur and Heat Dual Slashers. I only have 3 Dark Twin Rippers because those are just fun in The Holy Shrine A.

You can't argue otherwise on the fun factor. >.>

Celestial
Nov 22, 2006, 11:25 PM
i perfer the gun saber combo more so myself.

can shoot them while running towards them then go in for the big hits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif always a constant flow of damage then.

daggars can only use when up close

Arieta
Nov 23, 2006, 12:18 AM
Twin daggers you mean, there are single daggers which has a more damaging PA then single saber. Multi hit with knockdown, then a AoE that hits 3 targets for x3 hits and a knockback against 2 targets.

Alisha
Nov 23, 2006, 05:19 AM
On 2006-11-22 12:12, Yoruichi wrote:

On 2006-11-22 08:00, Alisha wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-11-22 08:03 ]</font>

Didn't you just prove you can't trust your own opinions because they are based off of unknowledgable assumptions? So why can't wartecher be decent?

i'm not trying to say wartecher cant be decent im saying i dont want to be one. also by wartecher being capped at lvl 20 skills it loses the part of the pa thats 4 hits and has the knockback effect. also looking back at the time i swore off twin daggars it was when i was still new to the game and lament the horrible damage against the robots in grove of fanatics.

Yoruichi
Nov 23, 2006, 05:20 AM
hunter friends don't let hunter friends do grove

PaladinRPG
Nov 23, 2006, 08:40 AM
Well, right now I use primarily all self-crafted twin daggers and spears for my damage output, combined with a gun/dagger combo and knuckles. I'm not a big fan of using Knock "up" moves, obviously, since I play with forces frequently, and the sword is slow going... so basically I avoid all sabers/twin sabers/swords unless just practicing the PAs for fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif But as was said before, all weapons are useful depending on the situation you are in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-11-23 05:42 ]</font>

Arieta
Nov 23, 2006, 09:37 AM
Forces can still hit targets that are knocked up just so you know Paladin. As long as they're using Line or AoE attacks. Diga will miss more then likly since it's a projectile. It's knock *AWAY* that really screws with the forces, since it throws the mob like 20 feet in some random direction.

Try it sometime, have a hunter knock a mob *up* and swing your daggers, you'll still do damage to it. Plus the Knockup on Twin Sabers is execellent crowd control on mobs that can do lots of damage and like to bunch up, like the Valva's (sp) in De Ragon. The PA for twin sabers will knock the mob straight up in the air, no distance moved at all. Even the second combo will just juggle. In fact it's the 2nd combo that makes the best crowd control since you can kinda walk around while swinging your swords and stun all the mobs. It also keeps the shrimp from moving around in sleeping warriors http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif .

Mind you though, I don't like use them all the time, just against mobs that need to be put down. Some mobs I will just use my twin sabers on just to keep down the whole time. Like the big bats in Relics, they have a ton of health but are knocked down easy. So I just stand by one, PA it, wait a few seconds for it to stand up, knock it back down. Rinse and repeat till it's dead. Brings the mobs damage down to null and makes it a easy but long kill.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-11-23 06:40 ]</font>

Nietzsche
Nov 23, 2006, 11:19 AM
i own 4 pairs of 5* Twin Daggers all grinded to 4 and i use them like crazy, there are mobs that i specifically use other weapons on but 80% of the time i play i'm tornado dancing my way to best DOT in my group.....oh its true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
ok i'm sort of joking on that last part but man its nuts

Para
Nov 23, 2006, 11:26 AM
On 2006-11-23 02:20, Yoruichi wrote:
hunter friends don't let hunter friends do grove

rofl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Grove was never meant to be kind to anyone, including hunters Alisha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The robots in grove were meant to have high defense (with lower max HP in comparison to other monsters of its level).

And remember... shifta+deband for wartecher.
Either way, twin daggers rock because they're fast, quick to damage enemies in a group (especially when you are surrounded) and does 3 hits to max 3 monsters. Pretty useful when you have a force around you to heal.

BurningRage
Nov 23, 2006, 11:36 AM
I love to run Grove of Fanatics as a hunter. It provides an actual challenge instead of other stages where hunters destroy everything. The exp is great there and the reward is quite nice too. I wish more people would do Grove because it is an incredibly fun level, but it seems the mentality is that "if I can't do uber damage to the enemies then this stage sucks."

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 12:02 PM
Arieta's got it right. As a hunter or ranger, even if you're screwed for damage your skills (PA's and Bullets) can do stuff like incapacitating opponents to support teammates who are doing max damage FTW.

lavosmanx
Nov 23, 2006, 12:10 PM
Look, in the end it doesn't really matter what weapon you can use because people will not stop playing with you becasuse of your choice for a weapon. Truth be told I like the double saber which is why I'm going for figunner. Though I wanted to go as beast, I think I'm going to most likely use the CAST for it because of their ATA. I also like spears and twin daggers. I like twin daggers because their pretty efficient and that is prob. why everyone else uses them. Their good...

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 23, 2006, 12:22 PM
I love Twin Daggers, in fact, I love all Twin Weapons, they are my favorite types of weapons to use. I love the Renkai Buyou Zan when enemies are surrounding me and I like it better than the Tornado Hold which is so slow. Although my main weapon would be the Twin Sabers, I can't wait for Assault Crush and Crimson Crush to come out. And Grove of Fanatics is hell until you finally get to the boss who is a totally easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-11-23 09:31 ]</font>

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 01:01 PM
XD so strange how dagger/twin dagger, which are mostly considered weak and useless in most games, are so awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif then again, assassin/thief-type weaponry is all pretteh damn cool

Yoruichi
Nov 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-11-23 10:01, Merumeru wrote:
XD so strange how dagger/twin dagger, which are mostly considered weak and useless in most games, are so awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif then again, assassin/thief-type weaponry is all pretteh damn cool

Only when the wrong classes use them, most games give benifets to those classes useing the "light" weapontry, through specialization or special moves.

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 01:11 PM
What manufacturer do you all think makes the best twin daggers? I wanted to make a set of fire twin daggers, but I'm not sure which board to buy anymore.

I started out with Yohmei 5-stars, which I thought were pretty good, I've got a shadow set of those. I got GRM lightning and ice twins because the attack power is supposed to be higher, but I've noticed I run out of PP much faster since the PP is lower along with it's recharge rate. And then I've seen from PSUPedia that the PP and recharge rate for the Tenora weapons is even lower. So any feedback on Tenora would be appreciated.

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-11-23 10:05, Yoruichi wrote:

Only when the wrong classes use them, most games give benifets to those classes useing the "light" weapontry, through specialization or special moves.

Usually to the point of outright brokenness, too... like every thief / assassin / ninja character class ever made http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

You can always make up for the low Photon cap on Tenora weapons by carrying lots of 'em.

KaiNova7
Nov 23, 2006, 01:43 PM
The Twin Daggers is where its at..
Not neccasrily the best...But ranks pretty high.
Cant wait to see what some of the later rare dagger designs look like.

Ryogen
Nov 23, 2006, 01:45 PM
See some of you really need to take a break from these forums and stop listening to others opinions. Play what you like, not what everyone else is/isn't playing.

Doh42
Nov 23, 2006, 04:22 PM
Let's say you have a "perma" team of 6 different peoples, 2 of each base job. There would be 2 hunters, so:
-A hunter could definitly pull off a "all dagger" weapon palette and be the quick-striking pure DPS hunter.
-I would personally go for the other "all the melee weapons on me walking armory" style; sure, I favor claws (Aren't even out yet ><) but every mob has a weapon best suited at taking them down, I believe. Air-juggling some mobs is essential to cut their damage out-put (or healing spells), etc.

I would never frown of seeing a hunter sticking to a single-weapon style; maybe he's leveling the PA, maybe he likes it, maybe he doesn't know better, but after all, as long as he knows how to survive and doing some damage, he's taking some monster's attention off me, and that's the most important thing for me.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
Anyone ever used the spear AoE PA? does it stack up with dual daggers?

mechatra
Nov 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
The spear AoE PA being Deus Robad? Yes I've tried it, and it rocks. Although it's slower than the daggers, it's still faster than Tornado break, and it has crazy high damage % and accuracy.

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 23, 2006, 04:59 PM
Nice

Alisha
Nov 23, 2006, 07:49 PM
dus robado puts out more damage than my nano blast.