PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots... videos... best way?

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 12:21 PM
What's the best way to take them? I have an XP laptop, if they're buttons please tell me the places too (since the writing is in french a translation might not identify correctly). I know I would be able to use FRAPS, but is there a better way for videos?

Antagony
Nov 22, 2006, 12:24 PM
Depends on your video card. You might be able to directly output to a video camera. Alternatively, you could purchase a video capture card and use that.

As for screenshots, the in-game tool is decent. Print Screen saves screenshots under a Sega folder in your My Documents folder.

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
Could you specify for the video taking? I'm really new on all this technology so I'm kinda lost (was still on a a 98 two days ago >> ).

Antagony
Nov 22, 2006, 12:41 PM
Getting footage to a video camera is very hardware dependent, but I can give you an example:

If your video card has HDMI output and your video camera has S-Video input, you would connect the two using a HDMI -> S-Video cable. Note that quality would be scaled down to S-Video, but that's still not too shabby. Once the feed is going to the camera you'd just hit Record and it would record it on whatever media that camera records to.

You know, after writing that I see that it's not very useful.

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 12:46 PM
It's ok, I'm still kinda unstable with that kinda stuff, but it's better. I have a camera, but it takes vids with tape, so I dunno, I'll check if it can do it (panasonic by the way, has USB 2.0).

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 22, 2006, 10:53 PM
you can do this all with one program on your computer no hardware needed.

Get FRAPS, it takes movies, reads your frames per second, and also takes screenshots (in formats other than bmp like the stock print screen does)

Jadis
Nov 22, 2006, 10:56 PM
What about for the Xbox 360?

When I try getting a picture of my character with a digital camera, it comes out all messed up. =/

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 22, 2006, 11:10 PM
well its a console not a computer what do you expect?

All I can think of is pluging your xbox into your computer with vivo or somthing similar (how you plug camcorders into your computer to take/make/edit vidoes) from there you can record the game into a video or take snapshots.

I have done this before with my gamecube, made super smash brothers meele videos, animated gifs, and sceen shots.