PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Online Beast Weapons?

Carnage781
Nov 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carnage781 on 2006-11-22 15:58 ]</font>

Cash_Lavi
Nov 22, 2006, 01:32 PM
sorry I have no idea, but if you really wanna' woop ass, get an axe. those are the damage dealers of the game. I think the new weps come out tomarrow. I heard a mod say something like that.

Overtaken
Nov 22, 2006, 01:35 PM
The best you can get right now would be any 5 star long sword, saber, twin daggers, or knuckles. And.. if you wanna get them you will need atleast 12,000 meseta for each of them.. they all come in different names due to the different companies

Kyon
Nov 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
Get a Soda Caliba and grind it to 5, if you want to risk it of course. I broke 3 trying to get to 5 :'{

hucast21
Nov 22, 2006, 01:41 PM
On 2006-11-22 10:11, Carnage781 wrote:
I'm looking for the best online Long Sword, One Hand Sword, Twin Daggers, and Knuckles currently on US 360 Servers, what are they and how do I get them?

Long Sword: Yohmei 6* Ascaud - board drops off in GoF A

Saber: Tenora 5* Seva Drada - 481 base ATP - Synthesis Shop

Twin Daggers: Twin Ripper - GRM - Synthesis Shop

Knuckles: Rivet Glove - GRM - Synthesis Shop

Contrary to what people assume about Tenora weapons, GRM has better model for certain types.

I haven't seen any 6* models for knuckles, twin daggers, or sabers. I don't count the Crea weapons either.

Edit: You specified 'best' so I'm thinking you meant rarity. The Soda Caliba is stronger than the Ascaud by ATP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-22 10:44 ]</font>

Witchblade56
Nov 22, 2006, 02:20 PM
Weapons range from C rank to a rank. As far as i know a ranks arent available just yet.

C and B ranked weapons are though and the 5 star b ranked synthing boards are how you will obtain them. Unless of course you have a friend thats willing to provied you with weaps. Also too you can grind any weapon that you obtain. Just be mindful that the more you grind it the higher the odds of it breaking.

5 star B ranked weaps have the best dmg/acc/pp stats and these are the most readily available types [barring dropped boards from NMs and missions]. Yes as stated above each "Brand" has it strengths in a given weapon. Not only that each "Brand" as a particular idiosyncresy such as higher acc/pp or higher atp/lower pp/lower ata. Neudaiz has the highest acc/pp and then it moves to parum with slightly more attack alittle less acc and pp and finally to moatoob which has the lowest pp/acc highest attack. Yohmei = Neudaiz, GRM = Parum and Tenora = Moatoob.

Just as a matter of opinion as i do play a beast character i think Yohmei weaps are best for Beast. The higher acc and higher pp stats equate to more PA's getting used which [imo] equates to higher damage over time and more hits landed with a beast character. Beast have lower accuracy than casts do and i think yohmei weapons are a perfect compliment to that deficit. I can say for a fact that my beast friend [who chose to play RA on beast] even told me she misses much less with yohmei weaps versus her GRM rank b twin guns.

I think Tenora fits best with cast and newmans as the higher attack makes up for their deficit in this area. The PP is much less however and requires many more weapons of the same type to skill up PA's if you were attempting to do so. That's another thing i wanted to make a thread about lolz but ill just do it here.

For skilling up PA's Yohmei weaps are the best simply because of the highest pp pool of all the weapons. Sadly neudaiz doesnt provide mech guns -_-. The twin guns/shotguns/rifles though are nice for just shooting until their pp pools are emptied.

For overall damage that ive seen tenora works has the highest attk stats on their weapons but the lowest accuracy/pp pool. Skilling with these weapons isnt advised unless you find alot of photon rechargers. These have the lowest accuracy of all the different "brands" of weapons available.

GRM provides a nice easy balance between all the catagories. Decent pp pool decent acc and decent attk [in some instances].

Consider too the options of the varying armors that have slots available. Certain units boost accuracy/evasion/attk. You can use any combination of units/weapons to make up for a particular deficit in acc/attk. Some of the units that ive seen that boost only atp or ata do so at a cost of the opposing stat. For instance if you get a unit that boosts your ata it will cause a slight deficit to your atp and vice versa. I have not seen any of the units that can be dropped when doing missions, just going off what ive seen in the armor shops and the GRM/Yohmei/Tenora shops on the various planets.

Please consider that the opinions stated above are by no means meant to dictate a playstyle but rather depict a particular playstyle that i happen to use. People will inevitably use whatever they feel works best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-11-22 11:31 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 22, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:20, Witchblade56 wrote:
Weapons range from C rank to a rank. As far as i know a ranks arent available just yet.

C and B ranked weapons are though and the 5 star b ranked synthing boards are how you will obtain them. Unless of course you have a friend thats willing to provied you with weaps. Also too you can grind any weapon that you obtain. Just be mindful that the more you grind it the higher the odds of it breaking.

5 star B ranked weaps have the best dmg/acc/pp stats and these are the most readily available types [barring dropped boards from NMs and missions]. Yes as stated above each "Brand" has it strengths in a given weapon. Not only that each "Brand" as a particular idiosyncresy such as higher acc/pp or higher atp/lower pp/lower ata. Neudaiz has the highest acc/pp and then it moves to parum with slightly more attack alittle less acc and pp and finally to moatoob which has the lowest pp/acc highest attack. Yohmei = Neudaiz, GRM = Parum and Tenora = Moatoob.

Just as a matter of opinion as i do play a beast character i think Yohmei weaps are best for Beast. The higher acc and higher pp stats equate to more PA's getting used which [imo] equates to higher damage over time and more hits landed with a beast character. Beast have lower accuracy than casts do and i think yohmei weapons are a perfect compliment to that deficit. I can say for a fact that my beast friend [who chose to play RA on beast] even told me she misses much less with yohmei weaps versus her GRM rank b twin guns.

I think Tenora fits best with cast and newmans as the higher attack makes up for their deficit in this area. The PP is much less however and requires many more weapons of the same type to skill up PA's if you were attempting to do so. That's another thing i wanted to make a thread about lolz but ill just do it here.

For skilling up PA's Yohmei weaps are the best simply because of the highest pp pool of all the weapons. Sadly neudaiz doesnt provide mech guns -_-. The twin guns/shotguns/rifles though are nice for just shooting until their pp pools are emptied.

For overall damage that ive seen tenora works has the highest attk stats on their weapons but the lowest accuracy/pp pool. Skilling with these weapons isnt advised unless you find alot of photon rechargers. These have the lowest accuracy of all the different "brands" of weapons available.

GRM provides a nice easy balance between all the catagories. Decent pp pool decent acc and decent attk [in some instances].

Consider too the options of the varying armors that have slots available. Certain units boost accuracy/evasion/attk. You can use any combination of units/weapons to make up for a particular deficit in acc/attk. Some of the units that ive seen that boost only atp or ata do so at a cost of the opposing stat. For instance if you get a unit that boosts your ata it will cause a slight deficit to your atp and vice versa. I have not seen any of the units that can be dropped when doing missions, just going off what ive seen in the armor shops and the GRM/Yohmei/Tenora shops on the various planets.

Please consider that the opinions stated above are by no means meant to dictate a playstyle but rather depict a particular playstyle that i happen to use. People will inevitably use whatever they feel works best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2006-11-22 11:31 ]</font>

For my twin rippers and slashers (obviously from the names) I prefer GRM. The heightened damage compared to yohmei, and the increased pp, compared to Tenora, for the times when spamming is called for, I find very nice. For my sword, I use a Calaud, so Yohmei, (although when I get around to it I'll probably synth a Tenora one) I like for the increased accuracy compared t GRM. I outfitted before the patch, otherwise I'd probably be sporting a Tenora Works sword already. I think you'll find, that while they are wading in the shallow end of the pp pool, with the highest acc, I like that for my big multihit weapons.

As to the best question, this is tricky. A 5 or if you're lucky enough to find a 6* board, is great. However, if you have an elemental weapon, in the right area (such as my light dual slashers for linear line), it's obviously better...for those enemies. In the new mission on Neudaiz I've got to either be a fool, or either out of pp on all my other weapons or really need that CC effect of th PA to whip them out, stiking primarily to my Dark Rippers.

Since so many things factor into which weapons are 'best', and it can change in an instant, depending on what you're running, I can only suggest to find the weapon that you find most comfortable using. Get it in as powerful a version you can, grind it, and pick a good elemental variety. In other words, there are many 'best' weapons, at this point in the game, and you'll need a variety of them to get the job done in the most efficient manner.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:50 PM
I recomend any thing Tenora, your gonna get your best damage that way.

Witchblade56
Nov 22, 2006, 03:04 PM
Your post is dead on Maskim.

I purposefully omitted the elemental factor in my post.

Elemental attributes against mobs of opposing element increase both acc/ata.

When fighting fire based mobs you use ice based weapons etc.

The other factor in the post that i hinted at was regarding crafting. If you craft your own weapons then there are other options.

Crafting b ranked weapons is considerably cheaper than purchasing them. I am currently saving meseta up for select 5 star boards from each planet. I have all the crafting ingredients available in PM storage.

I currently have 3 of each weapon [of differing elemental type] to use when entering certain missions. Some missions i use my fist type weapons [these are dark and light respectively] and other missions i dont use them at all.

The biggest thing i have to concerne myself with atm is skilling up my PAs on my cast. Just switched to hunter class and level one on mission points with basic PA's sux butt -.-

Ryoki
Nov 22, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-11-22 10:41, hucast21 wrote:

I'm looking for the best online Long Sword, One Hand Sword, Twin Daggers, and Knuckles currently on US 360 Servers, what are they and how do I get them?

Contrary to what people assume about Tenora weapons, GRM has better model for certain types.

I haven't seen any 6* models for knuckles, twin daggers, or sabers. I don't count the Crea weapons either.

Edit: You specified 'best' so I'm thinking you meant rarity. The Soda Caliba is stronger than the Ascaud by ATP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-22 10:44 ]</font>

Holy hell. Thank you very much for that info. I assume I can substitute Kubara wood on it, right?

________
Ns500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_NS500)

Carnage781
Nov 22, 2006, 04:30 PM
I'll be looking for that ascaud, I have rivets, assino zashi and durandel

DummieAcount
Nov 22, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-11-22 12:30, Ryoki wrote:

On 2006-11-22 10:41, hucast21 wrote:

Holy hell. Thank you very much for that info. I assume I can substitute Kubara wood on it, right?

I don't think you can.

IIRC Kubara wood could only be subbed into gun boards.

hucast21
Nov 22, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-11-22 12:30, Ryoki wrote:

No, only for certain boards IIRC. If you find the 6* Hikauri board you have the option to substitute Kubara wood.

It would then come out as the Alteric Bow, which you can grind like crazy for huge gains.

Randomness
Nov 22, 2006, 06:53 PM
Umm... actually... weapons go up to S rank.

tirith
Nov 22, 2006, 07:41 PM
wpns only go to s-rank in offline mode, in online the only wpns i've seen above b rank are crea wpns and i've heard those are human/neuman only

hucast21
Nov 22, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-11-22 15:53, Randomness wrote:
Umm... actually... weapons go up to S rank.

Umm... the OP is talking best weapons online as of right now, currently.

BOWSER5150
Nov 22, 2006, 08:04 PM
5* wepons cheap in my shop metion pso-world.com and get 1500 mesata off any 5* wepon of your choice pm me on xboxlive if im not in my room name is same as here. Oh and a question on crea wepons is making them worth it cause ive dumped over 50k in making a crea wepon and still need 13 copernia to make it so that another 50k will it be worth it or should i just take the loss and dump that project.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BOWSER5150 on 2006-11-22 17:10 ]</font>