PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Uhhh....guilds?

AnimeJedi
Nov 21, 2006, 02:31 PM
does this game support guilds of some kind?
this feature was in pso:bb.

Mouseklip
Nov 21, 2006, 02:33 PM
Sorry it doesn't but there is nothing from stopping you from grouping with your friend to form one. The game has no options for them.

Sinue_v2
Nov 21, 2006, 03:55 PM
Hence the ability to sort your cards by priority. Everyone in your group/clan/whatever, puts everyone from the clan to #1 spot on priority. Set everyone else to 2 or lower.

There's really no point to having guilds in PSU anyhow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-21 12:58 ]</font>

lavosmanx
Nov 21, 2006, 04:33 PM
I'm glad a guild system doesn't exist. Guilds only turn people into elitist and nothing more. It's so nice for a change not to have to worry about this sort of thing.

Quark713
Nov 21, 2006, 05:42 PM
If you do feel like joining one, check the Team/Gathering/Thing forum.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 22, 2006, 01:26 PM
I was just wondering...uhhh.what happened to guilds like in PSO? Do they even exist? Cause' there's a guild forum on the PSU official site, but when I log on I don't see any people in a guild. :/

AkiraXxx
Nov 22, 2006, 01:33 PM
Basicly just tag a guild name in your Partner Card till they implement it in a name Tag.

RNLee
Nov 22, 2006, 01:34 PM
There are no guilds. This is a feature, like having to have a mule character to run your shop, or people can steal all your stuff.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 22, 2006, 01:35 PM
oh, I see...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 22, 2006, 02:21 PM
Guilds + PSO/U community = noplz

PSOBB has shown us this.

Overtaken
Nov 22, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-11-22 10:34, RNLee wrote:
There are no guilds. This is a feature, like having to have a mule character to run your shop, or people can steal all your stuff.

How?

RNLee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:26, Overtaken wrote:
How?

Some ridiculously easy hack that took like ten minutes after release to show up. Look around this and other boards--you'll see people complaining that after they opened a shop, they found their personal storage looted, their PMs' names changed, etc.

HiKeRI
Nov 22, 2006, 02:37 PM
Currently i am in a guild named Kingdom of Tsuki (Shrine of the Moonlit) but we don't accept anymore people since we are just the same people that played EQ, FFXI and WoW that came to PSU to conquer ;D mostly are japanese that understands english but can't speak/type it well (but the way we comunicate is nearly perfect, as if they understand already what our own plans are), we got a Grinder/Banker and the person who we all trust to hold all the good stuffs, as told before we are the Moonlit (We only log in at night) as soon as the real rares come up each person of the Guild will have a Weapon-Signed to them, also each of the members specialize on one thing (They only use that specific weapon which could be Claw, Dagger etc) On FFXI it was each person was a specific job.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
GUilds are pretty lame in PSO/PSU your not realy a guild if you can only play with 6 people at a time, and if soem oen is a douche bag in the guild then it makes the whole guild look bad, and you look bad. Guilds where neccesary in WoW and in FF11 but there not nesscary at all in PSU.

HiKeRI
Nov 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
Actually a guild is not necesary to just have a tag next to you my friend, a guild for us means to work with eachothers to reach the Tsuki Goal, and by the time 6 of us are playing on a game we got plenty of them aswell on other rooms working, once the Moonlit sparks we reunite on a specific room to let the Banker collect all the stuffs, we are not greedy as we been together for about 8 years, we're much like a best friend only Guild/Clan etc we follow the Tsuki Law, no one brakes it as everyone in it are mature enough to not brake it, everyone in it looks the Extremly "rare" items as useless toys to just have fun/spend time with it, what you all think the "rare" item you'll go crazy and die to have it while we the Tsuki don't care about it and keep walking foward.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-11-22 12:02 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 22, 2006, 03:00 PM
type in guilds in the search, there are some legendary comments that was made that pretty much blew haters out of the water about them.

Ryogen
Nov 22, 2006, 03:02 PM
Quote:

On 2006-09-28 03:27, Ryogen wrote:
I read though the thread and many of you don't have a fully understand of what most guilds are and what most guilds isn't. A guild in PSU would most likely be for easy communication, trustworthy, friendship and a helping hand in a community. Would you rather be in a guild where you have people you can play with, communicate, trust (with items, money, etc), and befriend with rather than be with people who will use you, backstab, annoy, nag or make a dishonest trade with you?

Many guilds are made for a community basis. Communication, trust, friendship and a helping hand. That is what real guilds are about. Stop comparing PSU to games like WoW and Everquest. A different game is a different goal.

Some of you lost the idea of a Guild as a easy communication community rather than a powerleveling, powerhungry and fame based play. Most guilds are like that, but I don't think a guild like that would make it far in PSU.

[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-09-28 03:28 ]

Quote:

On 2006-09-28 05:43, AngelLight wrote:
Alot of these negative responses seem to be from people who were having organizational problems and/or conflicts in previous MMOs, mainly focused on FFXI which is pretty much on it's last legs. I haven't played FFXI in quite a long time, but from what I've heard its been rapidly spiraling downhill. In that case then, any MMO will be a fresh start, including here.

However, like anything, a good guild or clan will support an ideal of team play, cooperation, and family. Any competent "non-power-rushing" organization will tell you that. Since this game will also not open up with PvP, these tenents are even more critical to the PvE focus then in any other MMO. And yet, what we're seeing here is a more soloist bent (yes you'll rack up lots of friends and could theoretically play with them, but it seems that there's more of a hardline independence coming from the PSO forum community). I suspect that this too is also due to the fact that most of its members seem to be ex-FFXI players, aka the most solo unfriendly MMO on the face of the planet today. Nothing wrong with being able to solo from time to time.

But, in the end, if you're in a good guild....with good people....who share the same idealogy....there's no reason why that guild should ever have drama or cause friction. What everyone seems to be describing is either a PvP bent (which wont exist here for the time being) or poor leadership or organizational problems. But again, I imagine I wont convert anyone due to the fact that I truly sympathize with anyone who has played FFXI this long.

The only thing that really surprised me on this thread was that there's a mod for this site posting anti-guild when the site itself has its own personal "team page" hosting for guilds

Of course, even mods have the right to have their own opinions. ^_^

[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-09-28 05:45 ]

HiKeRI
Nov 22, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-11-22 12:00, HiKeRI wrote:
Actually a guild is not necesary to just have a tag next to you my friend, a guild for us means to work with eachothers to reach the Tsuki Goal, and by the time 6 of us are playing on a game we got plenty of them aswell on other rooms working, once the Moonlit sparks we reunite on a specific room to let the Banker collect all the stuffs, we are not greedy as we been together for about 8 years, we're much like a best friend only Guild/Clan etc we follow the Tsuki Law, no one brakes it as everyone in it are mature enough to not brake it, everyone in it looks the Extremly "rare" items as useless toys to just have fun/spend time with it, what you all think the "rare" item you'll go crazy and die to have it while we the Tsuki don't care about it and keep walking foward.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-11-22 12:02 ]</font>

This is the only reason that we don't let anyone in the guild, because we don't trust anyone els but us, The Tsuki.