PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Mature Gamers Wanted

djsparkydog
Nov 22, 2006, 01:54 PM
Okay, I have no complaints about the young playing video games. Not even a little bit. My nephew plays PSU, and every now and again, I'll go play with him so we we can spend some time together, since we live several hundred miles apart.

However, being a NOC engineer in my mid-twenties, I'd really like to be able to play with people in my own age group without worrying about the insults, random booting, loot rushing, and other charming things one can expect from a random group up.

I propose that people with a similar mindset throw up their character name so we can arrange to trade partner cards, and all have a good stock of likeminded people to play with.

This could also be a useful group for trading items/avoiding scams.

It'd also be nice to have a lot of XBOX360 players, so we can headset chat if we want.

To sum up:

- No trash talking
- No whining
- No loot hoarding (Random might even be acceptable)
- No kicking people arbitrarily for "hitching a ride", or using the wrong items/weapons or whatever.
- Mature gamers, with mature attitudes.
- People who want to go out, knock down a handful of runs with an S rating and have a good time doing it.

My game handle is Imperator.

Hope to see some of you soon.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 01:57 PM
Hahaha, this topic is GREAT.

-Ryuki-
Nov 22, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-11-22 10:54, djsparkydog wrote:
Okay, I have no complaints about the young playing video games. Not even a little bit. My nephew plays PSU, and every now and again, I'll go play with him so we we can spend some time together, since we live several hundred miles apart.

However, being a NOC engineer in my mid-twenties, I'd really like to be able to play with people in my own age group without worrying about the insults, random booting, loot rushing, and other charming things one can expect from a random group up.

I propose that people with a similar mindset throw up their character name so we can arrange to trade partner cards, and all have a good stock of likeminded people to play with.

It'd also be nice to have a lot of XBOX360 players, so we can headset chat if we want.

To sum up:

- No trash talking
- No whining
- No kicking people arbitrarily for "hitching a ride", or using the wrong items/weapons or whatever.
- People who want to go out, knock down a handful of runs with an S rating and have a good time doing it.

A person could only dream of a game where those rules exist.

I know I do.

Sydz
Nov 22, 2006, 01:59 PM
Is this pure 360, or otherwise?

-Ryuki-
Nov 22, 2006, 02:01 PM
I would assume 360, since he says he's a 360 user.

Sydz
Nov 22, 2006, 02:03 PM
Well, it never really hurts to ask. It is a pretty good idea though.

Flunky
Nov 22, 2006, 02:03 PM
While the proposition seems nice, there are a few things I gotta ask about:

First of all, although you do steer away from age and move onto maturity, I feel I should add that (as you're probably well aware, but I need to make sure) it's certainly possible for younger folk to be mature. Not as common, sure, but the population exists (I'm 20, for the record, so I'm not just defending myself here).

Second of all, you're saying you want mostly 360 folk. But, uh, 360 servers are separate so if you want to play together you'll all need to be on one set of servers.

Although my knee-jerk response is to declare it idealistic, why should it be so? If there is indeed a possibility of having a nice mature group to play with from time to time, why not try? So, uh, yeah. If you do indeed go forward with the idea, I'd be happy to play (well, as long as it's not 'give finder' loot rules... I've found that tends not to work well). Info in the sig.

Shye
Nov 22, 2006, 02:09 PM
I don't think of these as being "rules" so much as "common sense needed to interact appropriately with people in a conscientious, normal manner" >.>

But that's just me.

I think it's a nice idea. I doubt it's asking too much of anyone.

If you end up populating a specific Universe or area let me know, if I fit the criteria I'd be happy to hang out, help, play, etc...

I'm on 360, by the way.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 22, 2006, 02:13 PM
Wow, I'd be all over this if you were on PC/PS2. I too find random PUGS a little too random so to speak. you never know what you'll get, and most time I find myself disappointed. then that leads to me soloing way too much!

T2
Nov 22, 2006, 02:13 PM
I play on the 360 and I would say that you would be superised how much of our generation are there. I would say that with few expections the majority of peope I have gamed with, fall in line with your idealogy.

Give it some time and you'll settle into a good group of contacts as I have.

Eliash
Nov 22, 2006, 02:18 PM
I usually follow most of those rules.
- No trash talking
I don't talk trash, and usually people in my games don't either. I usually don't boot for trash-talking unless they are attacking other players. (Haven't had anyone who trash-talked bad yet).
- No whining
I don't whine (at least where you can hear me), haven't had problems with whiners in my games.
I always (when I remember to) set rare: Random normal: in order, to prevent this. On my hunter I usually don't pick up most items when it was set to finder because I don't like to be a loot-hog although in reality I can be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Never had a problem with hitching a ride, in-fact I make games called "BASE RUN" for people to join in a get free rides every once in a while. I haven't booted anyone at all (although I do solo quite a bit). Death doesn't bother me, unless the person is doing it on purpose, today someone died, instead of booting him I gave him 3 scapes to prevent it.
I've been told that I act mature on other MMORPGs even when I was 13, however, I do sometimes act silly. I try to keep it reasonable at most or all times.
Hmmm...the one bad thing about me is that I solo a lot, although with my ranger I've been doing open A-Dragon runs quite a bit lately.

In short, feel free to join the games I open. I try to be a fair host in most of my games, and haven't had a complaint or problem as of yet (that I know of).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2006-11-22 11:18 ]</font>

etlitch
Nov 22, 2006, 02:18 PM
- No trash talking

This is where the topic fails.

Call the whole "mature" stuff subjective, but I can't imagine a group of "mature attitiude" players having fun in a game like this at all. Perhaps something that requires some more skills, but not this one.

Overtaken
Nov 22, 2006, 02:19 PM
I'm on PC and I have yet to find but 2 people whom i can trust.. but they never get on anymore.. I am level 42 on my main. If anyone on PC/PS2 would like to team with me in-game with similar level that would be nice. I hate going into random games trying to make new friends to game with and come out with no good items nor friends.

EDIT:: PM ME with in-game info to team up later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Overtaken on 2006-11-22 23:28 ]</font>

Choja
Nov 22, 2006, 02:21 PM
"Some people throw common sense out the window. I, however, have found out to combine it with ill logic and make it into a devastating weapon of epic proportions!"

Trading items/avoiding scams group? Go look up "The Shopkeepers' Guild" to get more details.

No trash-talking: Are we allowed to swear when we screw up somewhere?
No whining: Easiest task in the list.
No loot hoarding: Since it's on random and you're in a group of friends, might as well trade around.
Hitch-hiking: If you mean standing there, that's bad.
Not using right weapons: Be prepared, man.
{enjoyment}: Like no one wants to have fun.

It's not that hard. Just grab your common sense and jump back in.

djsparkydog
Nov 22, 2006, 02:22 PM
Eliash:
"I've been told that I act mature on other MMORPGs even when I was 13, however, I do sometimes act silly. I try to keep it reasonable at most or all times. "

Silly is totally okay. I'm a silly person. I'm just hoping to avoid the "STFU n00b WTFBBQ" type stuff

As far as 360 preference, I'll take a good game wherever I can get one. I just haven't plugged a keyboard in yet, so the headset makes communication easier for my lazy self.

djsparkydog
Nov 22, 2006, 02:23 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:21, Choja wrote:
"Some people throw common sense out the window. I, however, have found out to combine it with ill logic and make it into a devastating weapon of epic proportions!"

Trading items/avoiding scams group? Go look up "The Shopkeepers' Guild" to get more details.

No trash-talking: Are we allowed to swear when we screw up somewhere?
No whining: Easiest task in the list.
No loot hoarding: Since it's on random and you're in a group of friends, might as well trade around.
Hitch-hiking: If you mean standing there, that's bad.
Not using right weapons: Be prepared, man.
{enjoyment}: Like no one wants to have fun.

It's not that hard. Just grab your common sense and jump back in.

Swearing? F*** yeah swearing is okay!

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 02:24 PM
lol, never more mature than me. always been a good player, I'm 18 now, but ever since I've been good towards others. Altho, I play pc.

Ryoki
Nov 22, 2006, 02:26 PM

To sum up:

- No trash talking
- No whining

I usually follow these rules... even though I am only 16. I never steal items, which probably became a habit of being nice and taking a portion of the items only from my offline-only multiplayer sessions with my friends on PSO. Back then, offline, there was no set items random or order. But from now I use that option. Hell, I don't even join parties that don't have that option enabled.

It is really a shame you are on the 360. Oh well...

________
Honda Canada Inc. Specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Canada_Inc.)

-Ryuki-
Nov 22, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:18, etlitch wrote:

- No trash talking

This is where the topic fails.

Call the whole "mature" stuff subjective, but I can't imagine a group of "mature attitiude" players having fun in a game like this at all. Perhaps something that requires some more skills, but not this one.

Awesome siggy.

Witchblade56
Nov 22, 2006, 02:49 PM
My rooms are always set to rares=>random and normal items=>to order.

In order to stick with people i know i have partied with them as higehr level when they were level 10 or 12. It really doesnt matter as they have com up in levels and have even partied with my cast [who is now lower level than they are].

I value partying with good people over getting items. Quite frankly all i do si party with oldtime PSOers like myself that play FFXI as well. We all know each other cross platform.

Honestly i tend to not party too much with random people. When i do its with no expectation of how the room is set up but rather to just grind exp.

Swifty01
Nov 22, 2006, 02:49 PM
Look me up man, I'm on the 360 servers as well. I've been playing MMO's since I was just a wee lad playing EverQuest at 12, and it taught me how to behave online. Those rules sound like a dream come true, so if you want to get together just look me up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryogen
Nov 22, 2006, 02:52 PM
For a mature gamer to not handel a young gamer is...not a mature gamer at all. Just to let that out there. My guild is pretty mature and if someone young joins, they are free to play with us as long as they are mature too. Of course people joke around and such. We like to have fun not take things seriously. This is not some upper class thing where we must talk politley and say cherio and stuff.

JAFO22000
Nov 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
Gamertag JAF0 (that's a zero at the end)
PSU character: Pyrielle Lv. 50 Neuman F Force Lv. 10

Send me a message with PSO World in the title or body or else I will delete it. I'm 31 and share the same playing style: I play for fun. I dislike when people treat this game like a job.

Anyway, I've found two other people who are like minded and party with them almost exclusively

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 02:55 PM
Dost thou use the old speech? If so please infrom me, I have no doubts that if you do speak it, our conversation shall be quite lovely. I must be quaint, 'tis not to give you such unease at the olden times....

Maskim
Nov 22, 2006, 02:56 PM
Xbox LIVE Gamertag - placeb0junkie
Main Character name - Maskim

I don't usually use a headset, preferring a keyboard (just used to it from years of MUDS and MMORPGs, although it is nice, I usually listen to coordinate efforts, rather than speak with it)

Would love to find a more stable group to play with as opposed to the gamble of a PUG, or solo grinding, hoping for someone decent to join.

Genobee
Nov 22, 2006, 02:56 PM
I think I found your problem, your on the Xbox

Zarbolord
Nov 22, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-11-22 11:56, Genobee wrote:
I think I found your problem, your on the Xbox

Haha! Thou hast spirit!

Pure-chan
Nov 22, 2006, 02:58 PM

- No trash talking
- No whining

So basically, you're looking for polite, friendly players. Sounds like my friends on PSO/U. I'd give you a shout, but the servers aren't connected... T-T

MayLee
Nov 22, 2006, 03:16 PM
If only things were that simple.

Callous
Nov 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
If I was on 360 I'd be all over a group like this.

T2
Nov 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
I think the perception that the 360 is full of immature little kids is erroneous. The vast majority of players I have interacted with are considerate and polite.

While there are some kids playing. Some of them behave is a respectful manner. I am not saying that there aren’t undesirables on the 360 but it is definitely the exception and not the norm.

If you are looking for mature players, you can look me up.

Name’s T2: CAST lvl 47 Force 10 / Ranger 10

I am usually on Neudiaz in uni 1 or 2 or in my room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T2 on 2006-11-22 12:33 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 22, 2006, 04:26 PM
Was pretty hard to respond to this.

If you were on PC, we could party together. I'm 24. But I have to tell you that our age group can be filled with too serious boring people... and the younger players who come in with thier cheery silly as hell moods are always welcome.

Mayuga
Nov 22, 2006, 05:17 PM

To sum up:

- No trash talking
- No whining

word.

Stixx
Nov 22, 2006, 05:19 PM
As previous posters have said, if I was on the 360 I'd be all over this... >_<;

ZiG
Nov 22, 2006, 07:01 PM
While I agree that the 360 community isn't as bad as it's reputation makes it out to be (I, myself, own a 360, though I don't use it to play PSU), I have not run into this kind of behaviour (at least not on the scale that would cause someone to make a post about it) on the PS2/PC servers, and have actually met alot of nice people, though unfortunately, I tend to keep to myself. It's a flaw in my RL personage. It happened to me on PSO, and by the time I stopped playing PSO (deciding that I was wasting my time when I'd be quitting for PSU anyway), I had only one real person I hung out with. It's interesting, to me, that I play an online game mostly solo.

While I'm not on the 360 servers, I do play various games on Boxlive. It's kind of sad to see the boxlive version's servers are as bad as you make them out to be, and I do wish you luck in finding a group of solid friends.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 07:10 PM
WELL HI CAN I JOIN I AM ALSO AN OLDER GAMER, I AM COMPLETELY FUCKING IMMATURE AND LOVING IT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akagi
Nov 22, 2006, 08:01 PM
Why not form a group like that on the ps2/pc servers...?

Thrash777
Nov 22, 2006, 08:06 PM
I think you'll find that most people here at PSOW are older than you think: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=123134&forum=20

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
OK OLDER GAMERS WHO ARE COMPLETELY FUCKING IMMATURE PLEASE SIGN UP HERE.

Ronzeru
Nov 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
I think a lot of people are mistaking seriousness with maturity. You can be mature, and not be serious all the time. It just means you know how to carry yourself, without being a jerk, and belittling others. I'm 21 and on 360 too, and it's kinda obvious how rude some people can be.

Then again, it's hard to say that acting immature can't be fun... like it or not, the trash-talkers breathe life into the gaming community, and make it a hell of a lot more intresting, dispite the fact that they can be really annoying for those who don't like to interact with that kinda group of people.

Roffkaiser
Nov 22, 2006, 08:50 PM
Hey, I am a 360 player, that is relatively mature (I do have dance offs from time to time) so if you ever want to play on the 360 send me a message or post here, I would love to get with a consistent group of some kind. My main character is Roff Kaiser level 41 right now. Hope to see ya around.

Pentence
Nov 23, 2006, 01:17 AM
On 2006-11-22 11:55, Zarbolord wrote:
Dost thou use the old speech? If so please infrom me, I have no doubts that if you do speak it, our conversation shall be quite lovely. I must be quaint, 'tis not to give you such unease at the olden times....

Aye,thou art one of same spirit,ye old toung is of much enjoyment

(mines rusty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

MayLee
Nov 23, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-11-22 22:17, Pentence wrote:

Oh no, it's as bad as I feared! I was transported back to the dark ages! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Maskim
Nov 23, 2006, 02:20 AM
On 2006-11-22 23:18, MayLee wrote:

On 2006-11-22 22:17, Pentence wrote:

Oh no, it's as bad as I feared! I was transported back to the dark ages! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

No no no...it's far worse. You were kidnapped and taken to a SCA event.

XHunter
Nov 23, 2006, 03:21 AM
Well out of the whole time i have played i have played with 2 kids and only 1 was highly annoying and immature....but other then that vast majority of the group i played with were 20's and up. Yea, i'm none of the above so if you ever see me on just hit me up for a party and i'll be down for it.

Name: Hunter - lvl 50 Job: Hunter lvl 10
GT = XxHunterxX

Deus-Irae
Nov 23, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-11-22 17:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:
OK OLDER GAMERS WHO ARE COMPLETELY FUCKING IMMATURE PLEASE SIGN UP HERE.

you're annoying and abrasive, we get it. thats not what this topic is about. shush.

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
People are idiots XD no avoiding it, hell, in a way, i think of it as part of the game, in any RPG, there are characters that are crappy that you never use in your party http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif its sorta the same