PDA

View Full Version : PSU: PAL Version : A few questions

EnSill
Nov 22, 2006, 02:58 PM
A friend just bought the PAL version of PSU, and tried to install it.
But he got an error message, telling him his files are corrupted.
Anybody has info about it ?

Another question is about localization.
PSO always used to be translated in many languages.
What about PSU ?
Any French or German player who already got the game can tell me if it has been translated, or is it just a late US version ?

Asra
Nov 22, 2006, 03:14 PM
ive read in an german games mag that there are multiple languages. ive just read that so cant confirm it for sure.

EnSill
Nov 22, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-11-22 12:14, Asra wrote:
ive read in an german games mag that there are multiple languages. ive just read that so cant confirm it for sure.

I really hope there are multiple languages...
I'm fluent in english, but many of my friends aren't, and would be pissed if it's an english only game
(plus the fact we would've waited one month for nothing new... )

Uncle_Pobatti
Nov 22, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-11-22 12:14, Asra wrote:

Actually it's the localisation that usually delays games here in Europe - JP games only need to have Japanese, US games only need to have English, but due to some EU rule games made and marketed for sale in Europe must be playable in all the countries of Europe, meaning all languages must be supported.

All this translation takes time, it also means that if a game has to be modified to make it saleable in one or two European countries (i.e. features removed, blood color changed etc), the changes will affect ALL European copies of the game - which is one of the reasons people in England (where content rules are pretty much the same as the US) occasionally prefer to import a game from the US even after the same game has been officially released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-11-22 12:52 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 22, 2006, 03:52 PM
tho i think its not a law - or else games would support way more languages than 'just' english, french, german, spanish and italian.

changes dont necessarily affect all versions - RE4 for example had an european version and a special german version (reduced about a few aspects in the game, including the bonus games for bureaucratistic reasons). it depends on the localizing team and publisher tho, if they are willing to produce multiple versions.

for the rest... its a mere decision of the respective publisher if there's a delay with the releases or not. most choose to have one so they can plan and concentrate their resources better.

EnSill
Nov 22, 2006, 04:42 PM
Hum...
Well it's supposed to work like that, but in fact lots of games come to Europe a long time after US and Japan, and they're just the US version.
Because lots of editors don't want to spend money on translation.

Some companies though do a great job...
Anybody remembers PSO's launch ?
The Japanese version had English, French, German and Spanish packed in, so you could import with no problem at all.
Great times http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I wonder about EU version of PSU though.
I guess all PAL players who already have the game are playing by now and can't answer ? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Asra
Nov 22, 2006, 06:05 PM
the PAL players cant play right now..you cant register yourself at playsega for PSU with an EU account until the 24th comes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif