PDA

View Full Version : So uh, I was casting Resta without any PP on my rod.

Kanore
Nov 23, 2006, 12:51 AM
I ran out of my PP on my Resta/Reverser rod and was in a little jam. I didn't feel like using a PC, so I just tried to stagger Star Atomizers and do as much damage as possible so we could get through the battle with much damage.

My Resta is set to my right arrow key, and so are all of my Ra- spells. I was queued a Ra- spell, and queued up the Resta Rod while I was in the middle of casting (pressed E and moved up my weapon list) and kept pressing my right arrow key (spamming it). With below 40 PP, my Resta casted and everyone that needed a heal and was in range got their needed HP back. I tried it several more times to make sure that it didn't actually hit 40 PP (the minimum for Resta 20), and it was dead at 0 the whole time.

So... big bug?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 12:53 AM
So, basically now everybody HAS to bring healing items? If I read that right, then SEGA pulled a Kingdom Hearts II on us as far as healing goes. That's a very, very bad idea.

Maybe it's just a glitch though. I hope.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-22 21:54 ]</font>

Kanore
Nov 23, 2006, 12:55 AM
So, basically now everybody HAS to bring healing items?

Wait, what? I was saying that I could heal without the PP required for the spell. Meaning... infinite spell casting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2006-11-22 21:55 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 01:00 AM
Ahh, I had to re-read it a few times. It sounded like it used more PP than it should have. My bad.

I guess now I need to get your ID and report you to SEGA for having essentially god mode. D:<

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 01:03 AM
Oh, now I'm way less confused since the OP and Garnet had me re-reading both posts over and over.

Are you sure it wasn't just server lag?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 23, 2006, 01:05 AM
it probaby used the PP off your other weapon, since it was the weapon in use when you qued the spell, then when you swiched it casted te active spell instead.

Not really cheating or anthing since you can in seconds bind resta to your other weapon if you wanted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-22 22:05 ]</font>

Kanore
Nov 23, 2006, 01:06 AM
On 2006-11-22 22:03, Wallin wrote:
Oh, now I'm way less confused since the OP and Garnet had me re-reading both posts over and over.

Are you sure it wasn't just server lag?

No, to make sure all possible problems were debunked, I did it at least 10 times.

It MAY be problems on my side - one of the major part of the 'glitch' is probably the lag that occurs between weapon transition, though it isn't anything bad.

PMB960
Nov 23, 2006, 01:14 AM
I have had server lag where the weapon refused to transition. I had tried to switch to my healing rod but it still showed my fire one. I was able to cast foie still and do damage. When the server caught up it drained all the PP from my healing rod instead of the fire one. I think you basically did the reverse of that.

Sushi_D
Nov 23, 2006, 02:42 AM
lag causes your PP usage to go all wonky. once i was using PAs without and pp for a few seconds because the game didnt register the fact that i had gained a bit of PP by not using it.