PDA

View Full Version : when you use the n-word in public...call rev. jackson

Jehosaphaty
Nov 23, 2006, 12:11 PM
Kramer, for those who might not know, had quite the potty mouth the other night during his stand-up routine. Couple Afro-American hecklers started yelling he wasn't funny, and he busted out the one word white people can't ever use in public. Now, of course, he's trying to save face right and left for the boo-boo; as he rightly should. However...

In today's world, a simple apology just won't work. Heaven forbid that as an imperfect humanbeing the man said a few things he shouldn't. How many times a day does the normal person wish they could take back something they said? But when you're in the public eye, it's always a much bigger deal because obviously, if you're famous, you should automatically never slip up and say something absolutely awful. But when you do happen to make such a mistake, who do you call to fix your problems? A publicist who has roots in the Black community and the Reverand Jesse Jackson.

Give me a break. I know the word's beyond offensive, I know people get all pissy about it. (I'm not saying they shouldn't; it's beyond awful to say) But calling Kramer's angry remarks over some asshole's ribbing of his routine a "tremendous wound that he's inflicted on the American public and on the African-American Community" is ever so slightly blowing this situation out of proportion, as is Rev. Jackson's claiming that Kramer "needs some race sensibility training, and some psychiatric help."

Psychiatric help? For what? I'm sure he knows that he shouldn't utter the forbidden word. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not a racist he just screwed up, but I suppose race sensibility training would fix him up all good if he was. I loate the disparity between those who can say it and those who can't. Nobody should, end of story; forgive and forget is a lost art.

Daikarin
Nov 23, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-11-23 09:11, Jehosaphaty wrote:
forgive and forget is a lost art.

Amen.

Dre_o
Nov 23, 2006, 02:29 PM
The world really needs to become more intelligent and resilliant to the blabberings of the stupid and pitiful.

All I have to say.

Mystil
Nov 23, 2006, 03:00 PM
Jesse Jackson is by far the WORST representative for us black people. He tries too hard to be "the next MLK". And that fucking phoney Al Sharpton. I wish they'd both just stop making us look bad. I don't care too much about the n word - from a black's POV though it's always a shock to hear it come out of a non blacks mouth. But when people knock on our ancestors history and make fun of it, then there's problems.

Just don't take him seriously.

ABDUR101
Nov 23, 2006, 03:07 PM
The problem arises when someone takes every use of the N-word as an attack on your culture and history. If one person get's called the n-word, THAT person is the one in question, not the entire ethnicity itself. It doesn't matter if it's from a black or not, it's the context thats important. Same goes for every slander, it doesn't matter who it's from, it matters in what context it's being used and who it's directed toward. Take that into consideration.

Solstis
Nov 23, 2006, 07:37 PM
Kramer said more than just the N word. Not a huge offense, but it doesn't reflect well on him.

Said some stuff about slavery, think made a reference to lynching too. (Not too clear on that)

chaos89
Nov 23, 2006, 07:54 PM
is the word really that offensive? i hear it all the time since my school is mostly black and hispanic people. but i once did see a white guy say it to a bunch of black girls and... well.. it wasnt pretty

Shadowpawn
Nov 23, 2006, 09:16 PM
On 2006-11-23 16:37, Solstis wrote:
Kramer said more than just the N word. Not a huge offense, but it doesn't reflect well on him.

Said some stuff about slavery, think made a reference to lynching too. (Not too clear on that)

That's right, it's more than just "The Big N" that's the issue here. He made a reference to lynching, that is what was uncalled for and should be made a issue of. Not the fact that he used the word Nigger.

Mystil
Nov 24, 2006, 04:08 AM
On 2006-11-23 16:54, chaos89 wrote:
is the word really that offensive? i hear it all the time since my school is mostly black and hispanic people. but i once did see a white guy say it to a bunch of black girls and... well.. it wasnt pretty

It's confusing I know. Among black teens and stuff it is used as a form of greeting/expression of anger/jokes.

space_butler
Nov 24, 2006, 10:24 AM
political correctness again? bah.

Azraelscross
Nov 24, 2006, 01:13 PM
people should just relax. this is almost as stupid as the jewish kid who got suspended from school for dressing up like hitler on halloween.

Xaos127
Nov 24, 2006, 09:23 PM
^ Wasn't that Cartman ?

Like Solstis said, it's more than just saying the word, people say the word everyday all the time. He was just crazy and the reason everyone overreacted is because it's Kramer! What the hell?!

Azraelscross
Nov 24, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:23, Xaos127 wrote:
^ Wasn't that Cartman ?

nope a jewish kid in new york got suspended for real
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11012006/news/regionalnews/hitler_youth_hween_shock_regionalnews_david_andrea tta_and_patrick_gallahue.htm

even his father a jewish author defended it. kind of screwed up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-24 18:32 ]</font>

Rekitheforce
Nov 24, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:30, Azraelscross wrote:

On 2006-11-24 18:23, Xaos127 wrote:
^ Wasn't that Cartman ?

nope a jewish kid in new york got suspended for real
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11012006/news/regionalnews/hitler_youth_hween_shock_regionalnews_david_andrea tta_and_patrick_gallahue.htm

even his father a jewish author defended it. kind of screwed up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-24 18:32 ]</font>
Very...

DonRoyale
Nov 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
That guy's been exposed and he's just trying to cover his ass. What a pathetic excuse for a joke.

That guy deserves whatever political backlash he gets. >>

Using that word in public, and on stage to boot...how rude can you get? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Moo2u
Nov 25, 2006, 05:41 PM
The guy's career (what little he had) is already finished because of this. That's already a huge punishment. I don't think he needs any frickin' psychiatric help. That's blowing things a bit out of perportion.

He made a mistake, he knows this, and appologiesed. There really isn't anything more he can do.

Dangerous55
Nov 25, 2006, 06:10 PM
On 2006-11-25 13:01, SereneShadows wrote:
That guy's been exposed and he's just trying to cover his ass. What a pathetic excuse for a joke.

That guy deserves whatever political backlash he gets. >>

Using that word in public, and on stage to boot...how rude can you get? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Maybe we should be more concerned about oh I don't know, nukes, global warming, the current wars, the wars that are probably coming in the next few years, our rights being threatened, etc etc, other then calling a crusade because the black community is as sensitive as, as, as something that is REALLY sensitive. Ya.

DonRoyale
Nov 25, 2006, 06:43 PM
Uh, just so you know, I'm white >>

And yes, we're all sick of that war shit. We just gotta wait until the next election before something else is truly done, because Bush is too much of an idiot to listen to the voices of his people, because he doesn't care, he just wants people to die for some tainted cause >>

Whatever, not like it'll make a difference bitching about it. And, living in Canada, it's not like I can really do anything about it either.

The world is stupid. Plain and simple. (Well, except for the select few who realize how stupid reality is and therefore stick to fantasy, like me :)

Dangerous55
Nov 25, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-11-25 15:43, SereneShadows wrote:
because he doesn't care, he just wants people to die for some tainted cause >>

Yeah, good observation, that is his entire plan. What a mind you have.

The only people this should concern is the audience and Michael Richards. Nobody else, saying he should have political backlash thrown against him his ridiculous. Last time I check calling a black guy a nigger is completely legal.

DonRoyale
Nov 25, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-11-25 15:48, Dangerous55 wrote:

The only people this should concern is the audience and Michael Richards. Nobody else, saying he should have political backlash thrown against him his ridiculous. Last time I check calling a black guy a nigger is completely legal.

I'm not disagreeing with you; it's not illegal. First of all, it should be-it's rude, discriminatory, and completely unnescessary.

And what he did was completely uncalled for. He also made references to stuff like lynching, which is really what gave me my opinion on this. The guy's obviously a huge racist, but he didn't need to say things like that, so his lack of self-control will bring him the concequences he deserves.

hollowtip
Nov 25, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-11-25 15:59, SereneShadows wrote:

On 2006-11-25 15:48, Dangerous55 wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you; it's not illegal. First of all, it should be-it's rude, discriminatory, and completely unnescessary.

And what he did was completely uncalled for. He also made references to stuff like lynching, which is really what gave me my opinion on this. The guy's obviously a huge racist, but he didn't need to say things like that, so his lack of self-control will bring him the concequences he deserves.

Like someone said before, his career is over now, what else do you want? Yes he's obviously racist (to what extent is up for debate), but he's done making a good living off of making people laugh.

Dangerous55
Nov 26, 2006, 01:57 AM

Saying nigger should be illegal? Right, I LOVE police states. I know the lynching stuff was just stupid but everyone seems to be concerned about that terrible word!

Obviously a huge racist? You heard a man speak for 5 minutes and you draw that conclusion? Bullshit, he may or may not, I really doubt he is. If I was inexperience and a bunch of black guys were being assholes and heckling I just might do something similiar, minus the lynching and stuff.

A point I am making is that it will probably be a career ruiner for him(probably one of the funniest people in television history) but it shouldnt be, at all. Our culture should not be obsessed with shit like this.

If I yell at a black guy that hes a nigger I expect him to get pissed, not some black, white, hispanic guy 1000 miles away. It just doesnt make sense.

Azraelscross
Nov 26, 2006, 04:21 PM

are you jewish? cause you whine like one. haha. this ones gonna backlash on me.*btw i have had quite a few non whiny jewish friends in the past. they were awesome*

and being in canada is not so awesome anymore. our new goverment sucks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-26 13:22 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
Nov 26, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-11-26 13:21, Azraelscross wrote:

are you jewish? cause you whine like one. haha. this ones gonna backlash on me.*btw i have had quite a few non whiny jewish friends in the past. they were awesome*

gtfo of my thread

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2006-11-26 15:05 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Nov 26, 2006, 10:22 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-26 13:22 ]</font>

Quit spreading more racist filth. Just to answer your question, I'm not.

I don't 'whine', I simply state my opinion, regardless of how harsh it is. >>

Azraelscross
Nov 26, 2006, 11:52 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:22, SereneShadows wrote:

Quit spreading more racist filth.

too bad i'm not racist huh? if anything i probably have alot of jewish blood in me.

if i was racist i would have said something more along the lines of "Go burn in an oven you fricking jew" but thats just wrong soooo. there you go

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-26 20:55 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 27, 2006, 12:27 AM
On 2006-11-26 20:52, Azraelscross wrote:

if i was racist i would have said something more along the lines of "Go burn in an oven you fricking jew" but thats just wrong soooo. there you go

[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-26 20:55 ]

You just did. Irony is funny isn't it.

Azraelscross
Nov 27, 2006, 12:30 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:27, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-11-26 20:52, Azraelscross wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-26 20:55 ]

You just did. Irony is funny isn't it.

wow. smartass-ism. thought that went away with the generation x Post-ironic hipster movement. its called an example you jackass

and btw. the whole thing was a joke. i got exactly what i was looking for though. a GTFO my Thread, a Keep that racist stuff out of here and a smartass poster trying to get his word in. i feel so accomplished. o wait. its the internet. no one cares

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-11-26 22:16 ]</font>

Ruby-chan
Nov 27, 2006, 06:05 AM

Just to remind you, the whole purpose of free speech is to protect nasty, horrible, cruel speech. Considering, at least here in the US, it was written because people were thrown into prisons for saying nasty things about King George, and dammit we were gonna make sure after we one the war that we could say nasty things about people we don't like without going to jail, dammit!

Nice, calm, speech that everyone agrees with and doesn't upset anyone doesn't /need/ protecting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-27 03:06 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Nov 27, 2006, 12:00 PM
Okay....this thread in directions it REALLY shouldn't right now...

Dhylec
Nov 27, 2006, 11:57 PM
Locked by OP's request..