PDA

View Full Version : PSU ROLLBACK?

TravisVI
Nov 23, 2006, 12:20 PM
is sega really planning on rolling back servers due to some hacking, we r gonna lose all our money and xp and items...ive heard this a few times now, is it true?

Zabot
Nov 23, 2006, 12:21 PM
wow i havent heard this, but i hope its not true, damn hackers. . .

Peace

TravisVI
Nov 23, 2006, 12:22 PM
i thinkits only gonna be a weeks worth of stuff, but i hope not

TravisVI
Nov 23, 2006, 12:27 PM
has ne one else heard this

Legenden
Nov 23, 2006, 12:28 PM
where did you read that?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 23, 2006, 12:28 PM
No, we won't have a rollback. Americans won't stand for it and if you think the people who left is a fair number, just wait for a rollback. You can kiss a ton more good bye.

Not me. That means my Baybari wouldn't have broken. D:

AeraLure
Nov 23, 2006, 12:29 PM
You havent heard it from anywhere official I dont think. The topics where it came up in conjecture have been deleted (both here and on the official forums). I really doubt SEGA would go that far at this point. It should simply be a matter of them checking their logs for player action that caused the transgression and they could isolate it. They then need to make a patch. Rollback doesnt accomplish anything without a patch and they have logs to find the offenders readily enough, so I cant see them doing a rollback.

Sydz
Nov 23, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-11-23 09:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Not me. That means my Baybari wouldn't have broken. D:

I hear that, then i wouldnt have accidently fed my pm enough to give it technic on accident.

Neflite
yea i heard about this but I hope it doesnt happen. I've been doing some heavy meseta runs for updates.
If it does im done till March or finished period.

Xeraphim
I haven't heard this at all, but I don't cruise PSU's website or anything.

Inspektahdek
Nov 23, 2006, 12:34 PM
its too far in for that kind of madness~

AeraLure
Nov 23, 2006, 12:36 PM
Rollback wont happen. I just cant see it. The players involved were supposedly reported, as was the method used (thankfully the method was not disclosed), and all SEGA has to do is check server logs. Cant be that hard. Hopefully they are doing this anyway without the need for someone to report, so they can be a step up on this sort of thing while the exploit is possible, but who knows. They do have to create a patch so the reported exploit cannot continue and who knows what is involved with that.

I'm all for them being on top of cheating this time around though. If I lose some things and a couple levels in a rollback, itd give me something to do anyway lol, as well as my cheering SEGA being on the ball for once. Seriously though, all I think is needed is a patch and scrutiny of logs. (edit: well that and yes, taking care of said offenders).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-23 09:40 ]</font>

Katrina
Nov 23, 2006, 12:38 PM
A rollback would only be a short term solution if the cheating and hacking is real (which sadly I believe is real based on all the info [meseta]). They need to find a way to perma ban the cheaters, and cronies that keep lending them accounts. They're responsible if there is a rollback.

As of now, I haven't seen or heard any official word on a rollback, just rumors.

TravisVI
Nov 23, 2006, 12:42 PM
well i havent heard ne thing offical yet but ive been hearin from a few ppl in game tht it happened 3 times on the JP servers already, is this even true?

uhawww
Nov 23, 2006, 12:50 PM
On 2006-11-23 09:42, TravisVI wrote:
well i havent heard ne thing offical yet but ive been hearin from a few ppl in game tht it happened 3 times on the JP servers already, is this even true?

lol.
This is how pointless panic spreads.
The only thing character data related Sega ever has performed on JP servers was a full wipe a couple days after launch due to the server load problem.

Rule of thumb, as with any online game.
If you see suspicious activity, REPORT IT. (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php)

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 01:03 PM
XD not gunna happen, and if it does, ah well, thats life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif still the most fun 200+ hours ive spent on a game

Pandatron
Nov 23, 2006, 01:04 PM
Agreed with uhawww, this really seems more like i heard from mike's brother's sister's that jack's mother's brother did this.

JP did have a rollback but i don't recall the details of the sitution aside from server overload (since it's 20x more popular over there). In either case if there's a rollback will just wake up one morning after maintaince and find out either way just a game and grind it back. While if one were to hit now and i would lose my potential to hit 50 before next week i mean i really don't have anything better to do lol.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 23, 2006, 01:06 PM
I dont care if we get a rollback, all is good in the name to combat cheating..IMO

Roken
Nov 23, 2006, 01:09 PM
hmmm...

Ryoki
Nov 23, 2006, 01:24 PM
On 2006-11-23 10:03, Merumeru wrote:
XD not gunna happen, and if it does, ah well, thats life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif still the most fun 200+ hours ive spent on a game

Wow, that's some hardcore optimism.
Isn't a bad way to look at it either...

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well I know that Watashiwa posted about a hacker yesterday, and now they've deleted the post here because it got out of hand, but they also deleted it on the Sega forums...

Now I have no idea what it means when a post gets deleted on the Sega forums. Does they remove it because they decided the report was false, because they dealt with the people involved, or because they didn't want to panic other players while they dealt with the situation?

Ryna
Nov 23, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-11-23 09:20, TravisVI wrote:
is sega really planning on rolling back servers due to some hacking, we r gonna lose all our money and xp and items...ive heard this a few times now, is it true?

There has been no official word of a rollback. The rumor started as speculation in other threads related to the current meseta duping trick. Unless you hear from an official source, you should treat these rollback rumors as being false.

I am going to lock this thread so this won't snowball into something else.