PDA

View Full Version : tired of drop situation all together

Agne
Nov 23, 2006, 02:18 PM
Now i might sound like i'm whining, and i probably am. I don't know how else to say this so here goes.. I'm an old pso player and remember the day pso launched on the dc. i took it home, opened it, and played for free. Had tons of fun finding rares with other ppl, getting a collection of rares with friends being one of my favorite parts. Now it feels as though i'm fighting everyone else for EVERYTHING. If i put the game on give finder, everyone ninja loots; if i put it on random, i finally pick up that rare i've been looking for and it goes to some @$$ who won't even offer up the trade after i tell them that's what i'm looking for when they join my game. and if i put it on in order well then sometimes only 1 guy gets all the rares and one guy only monomates. in summation couldn't they have just made it that if you kill the monster that item (regardless of who picks it up) goes to you. anyways that's my rant cuz i've played for two weeks and still have yet to be the guy in the party to get a relic edge and the only guy to only own the rare [B] star atomizer.

Randomness
Nov 23, 2006, 02:20 PM
I've only seen one relic edge drop, and fortunately it was a solo run...

But honestly, give the game time to civilize a bit... But it is annoying that nobody seems willing to use the old-fashioned rare call system.

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 02:34 PM
That's funny, PSO only had the option of Finder and you're cool with that... PSU has that _or_ randomly assigning stuff to stop loot ninjas and you think it sucks.

Why not play Finder and hog all the rares to yourself, or choose not to pick up the ones that suck to be a little subtle about it? That really sounds like what you're asking for.

Agne
Nov 23, 2006, 02:34 PM
i know right. it's like somehow someway the pso community that i've loved for so long has finally *gasp* succumbed to the mob, lol. not really but what happened to good ol' "let's play some psu!! Let's meet online friends help them get a rare, watch as rare they are looking for drops and sit back and grin at "their" --OMG's and their FINALLY's, and know that later that day the favor would be returned" gameplay. Maybe it's just me. Look me up if anyone's looking for fun fair play.

EphekZ
Nov 23, 2006, 02:35 PM
and that's why I solo, or play ONLY with good friends. I've never been to uni 1 or 2.

Mystil
Nov 23, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-11-23 11:20, Randomness wrote:
But it is annoying that nobody seems willing to use the old-fashioned rare call system.

I forgot all about that until I read your post. Yea no one does that anymore. But could it be because quite a few just don't know what drops in where still?

Agne
Nov 23, 2006, 02:49 PM
o and by the way i'm not asking everyone to give me rares i'm saying ppl- play with consideration. I play exclusively as a hunter and i could easily ninja loot and watch the mighty forces and gunners in the group get jilted the whole time over and over, as everyone here has. i usually walk over 90% of items during a fight and divy at the end. unless i know that the rare dropped from "my" kill. i usually don't pick it up and have passed many times on good rares b/c i know that a bullet or fireball finished them off. But the rememdy to this is not to make it where the rare doesn't even go to the finder. Let's just say you've been playing all day looking for ------ rare. You finally see it drop from your kill.. would you prefer choice a. pick up what's rightfully yours and know that's how it will be because that's how everyone is playing; choice b. stop fighting the enemies and start fighting the ninja-looter for your drop; or c. you pick it up and it still goes to mr. ninja looter. or someone else besides you that won't trade it to you simply b/c they know you want it or they state the good ol' supply and demand crap b/c you obviously want it and offer it up for an insane trade. the point here is to not whine about the ninja looters so much as to try to find ppl that are going to be choice A players. I play mostly at night central time. If anyone wants to play i'm generally i uni 1. I'm a beast of lvl 31 proportions.

etlitch
Nov 23, 2006, 03:39 PM
At least the drop chances aint ragnarok online style.

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:39, etlitch wrote:

XD fuggin seconded, took weeks to get my damn munak hats and emperium

-Crokar-
Nov 23, 2006, 03:51 PM
i have solod almost the entire time ive been playing this game. all i know is when ever i play set in order and random games i never get any rares or any good items at all. so i solo so i can get the items i need. last night i was playing in a party of 4 and i need copernia and 3 dropped and 1 guy got all 3 and wouldnt trade them even though he had no use for them. and he knew i needed them and kept bragging about it so i left and ive been soloing ever since on the stupid plains overlord looking for copernia and have found 1. looks like im going to have to buy them from player shops.

BloodDragoon
Nov 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:47, Merumeru wrote:

On 2006-11-23 12:39, etlitch wrote:

XD fuggin seconded, took weeks to get my damn munak hats and emperium

You don't want to know how long it took me to get a Baphomet card... >.>

KiteWolfwood
Nov 23, 2006, 04:07 PM
Well one reason is the game is still new. People don't know what everything does yet. Like in PSO if a Last Survivor dropped we all knew it was a weapon. Now that rare weapons don't just drop and only the synth mats do. No one is sure what they are really for yet or what they can do. Also in PSO sometime you wouldnt even know something rare dropped since someone could have ninja'd it without you knowing. Where in PSU it shows what an who got the rare.

But I am trying to be nice here. There is also the fact that now days we have a new crowd in PSU. These Wow and FFXI or whatever else kids. They see a rare and think "Oh shiny! I want, must have" or when they don't get the rare they cry about it and demand something be done about them not getting anything.

I have seen a relic edge drop twice now and both went to someone else. Both times I was having to solo something because the Force and Hunters were off killing boxes and the edge dropped but it was on random so that mighty box killed got it. Did I sit and cry to the group about it? Nope. I just said oh nice, grats. Why? Because I know I will be playing a long time and will for sure see more. I mean how many people were excited when they found their first Verista or something like that. Only 50 hours later in your characters life you are finding them left and right and you just throw them away or sell to a shop for 1 meseta.

BloodDragoon
Nov 23, 2006, 04:22 PM
I know there are alot of loot whores in FFXI but any FFXI player that crys about not getting a rare drop probably never leveled past 15 in that game... >.> Then again FFXI also seemed to have a higher % of adult users when compared to almost any other MMO out there currently. I played WoW for about 3 months before getting tired of it due to lack of content and the fact it only took about a week to max out a character. In that 3 months though I ran into more crybabys about item drops than I have in 3+ years of FFXI. So WoW IMO is probably where a majority of these people are coming from.

All I have to say about all these rare item posts here or complaints about the item distribution system is if you don't like sharing then enjoy the game solo or offline where you get to keep everything all the time. If you keep at it though eventually you will get something for your trouble and eventually that randomizer on the item pool is going to choose you as the person to give 5-6 rares in a row to.