PDA

View Full Version : TENORA is great, but...

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 02:21 PM
YOHMEI weapons look so goddamn cool XD its not fair...

Eternal_Drake
Nov 23, 2006, 02:22 PM
Yohmei are the only weapons I dont use, I just dont like them.

EphekZ
Nov 23, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-11-23 11:22, Eternal_Drake wrote:
Yohmei are the only weapons I dont use, I just dont like them.

same, for one, I think they look god damn hideous(especially those hanguns, wtf?) and also the PP it has doesnt justify its lack of stats(imo)

although, using a tenora handgun is just stupid, as it wastes out quite fast. For most weps(aside from swords) I just stick with GRM; good atp and PP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-23 11:34 ]</font>

onami
Nov 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
Tenora twin daggers look so much better than GRM or Yohmei..

Eternal_Drake
Nov 23, 2006, 02:41 PM
Im all GRM except for my shottie and dualies. Arb Biga and Shigga Amza for win.

I do plan on getting a Kubara rifle or dualies though.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
Yohmei sabers and Tenora sabers look pretty much the same IMO, but yeah, Yohmei blades look really cool, and I thikn they're the best for bosses since you can just spam PAs on them better.

Mystil
Nov 23, 2006, 02:50 PM
When I acquire enough meseta..all my weapons will be Yohmei. It's just a preference I have.

Randomness
Nov 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
Yohmei>All for rods, etc. Just because you get somewhere around 100+ extra PP.

Ryoki
Nov 23, 2006, 02:57 PM
Yohmei owns, I don't know what you guys are talking about. You got to understand something. It isn't that Yohmei weapons just have more pp, it's that they restore pp faster. If you compare the restoration of... let's say a 4 star tenora twin handgun and a 2 star yohmei (which should have around the same pp), the yohmei one will restore faster, which isnt just based on the amount of pp, like some people would think.

GRM is average, but that doesn't mean they are a bad company. I trust them with my sabers and mechguns.

<EDIT> fixed spelling error.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-23 11:58 ]</font>
________
Bmw Progressive Activity Series (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_Progressive_Activity_Series)

Eternal_Drake
Nov 23, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-11-23 11:57, Ryoki wrote:
Yohmei owns, I don't know what you guys are talking about. You got to understand something. It isn't that Yohmei weapons just have more pp, it's that they restore pp faster. If you compare the restoration of... let's say a 4 star tenora twin handgun and a 2 star yohmei (which should have around the same pp), the yohmei one will restore faster, which isnt just based on the amount of pp, like some people would think.

GRM is average, but that doesn't mean they are a bad company. I trust them with my sabers and mechguns.

I prefer the stat advantage of GRM and TENORA to the PP advantage of Yohmei [even if that advantage is sometimes vast]

Ryoki
Nov 23, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:00, Eternal_Drake wrote:

I prefer the stat advantage of GRM and TENORA to the PP advantage of Yohmei [even if that advantage is sometimes vast]

That is understandable. I can understand preferring stats over PP when you are a ranger. I'm currently playing Ranger to get it to 3 (for FiGunner.). However, I have a liking to Yohmei since they have then pp/good acc (better than tenora.). That is really important when you are a beast hunter and trying to level PA's.

So, IMO:
Hunters: Yohmei>GRM>Tenora
Rangers: GRM(Rifles,twin hanguns.)>Tenora>Yohmei
Forces:Yohmei>GRM>Tenora

________
FERRARI 412T HISTORY (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_412T)

Randomness
Nov 23, 2006, 03:09 PM
Well, for ranger, Yohmei is still pretty good, as one of the primary roles of the ranger is status infliction, and the more ammo you have, the more you can apply.

SolRiver
Nov 23, 2006, 03:14 PM
It also depend on the weapon.

For example, knuckle aren't that much different in atp, but twin saber between yohmei and tenora have around 50% difference (and that is alot).

There are some weapon that you can and will want to spam PA with all day long, but there are some with decent regular attack animation to begin with, which you won't need so much PA.

Anyway... http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Weapons

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 03:35 PM
XD wow, thanks for the pics, Sol~

Stats schmats, style over substance for this protranser~ X3

Doh42
Nov 23, 2006, 03:38 PM
Tenora handguns boast the best ATA and ATP. For a hunter, you can use them very well, and switch to melee, back to handgun as each is reloading in the back.

But mostly, I'd say the Tenora has the coolest firearms designs. I love my Yohmei spear, but Tenora sword is the coolest (even if it's not the best at anything). It's all about personal taste, and a bit of fashion-sensitiveness, imho.

Snickers
Nov 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
As far as effectiveness goes I prefer a Yohmei spear's PP for the initial mission journey and a properly grinded Tenora spear's impact for the boss at the end of it all.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 23, 2006, 03:55 PM
Lets compare Yohmei and GRM Rifles.

Say you have 300 base atp
We will assume that 5 atp = 1 damage
Vullseye will have 617 atp which is about 123 damage a shot
Burzaihoh will have 538 atp which is about 107 damage a shot
Just looking at that GRM is better. But lets look at how pp effects this.
We assume each rifle uses 10 pp per shot.

Vullseye: (1053/10)x123 = 12915 total damage
Burzaihoh: (1368/10)x107 = 14552 total damage

This data is without using bullet % bonus or pp regeneration and firing at a target without stopping until 0 pp is reached. So as you can see GRM is more of a Burst damage weapon where as Yohmei would be a Damage over Time weapon. So really you cannot just blantly say that one is better then the other since each is better in a different situation.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 23, 2006, 03:59 PM
grinded yohmei rifles geta TON of atp from grinding and end up with massive PP as well, I love the yohmei rifles beyond all others now. Tried this with handguns but it didnt work out the same, though I still sue them for the 19pp a tick regen.

Snickers
Nov 23, 2006, 04:02 PM
If the weapon hits like a truck but is short-lived (usually Tenora design) I tend to hold off using it until the enemy im facing either has massive HP and/or defense or is a boss in general. Plus I think Tenora spear looks the best http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 23, 2006, 05:04 PM
Well it doesnt matter what you all like, because ive heard past A rank each weapon is assigned to a permenant manufacturer, the only store that will sell A dual dagger boards is yohmei, and the only shop that will sell A rank spear boards is tenora works for example

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'm almost all-Tenora now. The weapons where it counts for me - their shotgun, handgun, and mechgun - are unique or have important stat bonuses, decent PP, and I can live with the refresh rates. For melee weapons I generally roll with other brands because I need to spam PA for damage and effects. Also I've still got some old GRM 5*'s for backup ammo capacity.

It's wierd that beasts make the best ranger gear, IMO.

DummieAcount
Nov 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:05, Ryoki wrote:

That is understandable. I can understand preferring stats over PP when you are a ranger. I'm currently playing Ranger to get it to 3 (for FiGunner.). However, I have a liking to Yohmei since they have then pp/good acc (better than tenora.). That is really important when you are a beast hunter and trying to level PA's.

So, IMO:

As a hunter I find Tenora to be a hell of a lot better then yohmei.

This is mainly because i use swords and the difference in ATP is pretty big in swords, but then again so is the difference in PP.

Also I'm pretty sure tenora weapons have better Accuracy then Yohmei.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DummieAcount on 2006-11-23 14:55 ]</font>

DummieAcount
Nov 23, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-11-23 14:54, DummieAcount wrote:

On 2006-11-23 12:05, Ryoki wrote:

So, IMO:

As a hunter I find Tenora to be a hell of a lot better then yohmei.

This is mainly because i use swords and the difference in ATP is pretty big in swords, but then again so is the difference in PP.

Also I'm pretty sure tenora weapons have better Accuracy then Yohmei.

Edit: I just checked and Tenora weapons have better Accuracy then Yohmei ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DummieAcount on 2006-11-23 14:55 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 23, 2006, 06:15 PM
I prefer the stat advantage of GRM and TENORA to the PP advantage of Yohmei [even if that advantage is sometimes vast]So you're saying that a difference of roughly 20-ish ATP in GRM's favor makes up for a 200+ PP deficit, plus the improved regeneration? lol

Plus, Yohmei beats GRM for accuracy.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 23, 2006, 06:19 PM
Personally I love GRM over all 3, good atp and good PP.

As a Ranger I'm exclusively GRM, cept my shooties for obvious reasons XD.

IMO it doesn't matter which company you go to as long as you compensate somehow of their weaknesses. I'd personally go to Tenora as a Ranger but as it stands the PP just too limiting, so I'm loving my GRM guns =D.

@KiteWolfwood yes true overall they have the best damage potential looking at PP/weapon but PP doesn't matter if you have back-ups. With all my PP's weapons summed up I have 15000 PP, I don't run out very easily.

Remedy
Nov 23, 2006, 06:24 PM
Then you must be carrying more than 6 weapons, Shadow.

Kaizah
Nov 23, 2006, 06:35 PM
is it just me or did they get rid of youmei's melee auto silence ability/glitch?

Midicronica
Nov 23, 2006, 06:41 PM
Tenora works lack of PP on dual handguns is devestating and even when grinded Yohmei's dual handgun's atp don't hold a candle to the other 2. So I prefer to use GRM for a nice balance of PP and ATP when using dualies on my ranger. With the rifles I like to go with Yohmei because, as stated above, when grinded the atp gets decent upgrades and the amount of PP is just amazing. Their rifles look the best anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FenixStryk
Nov 23, 2006, 06:47 PM
Here's a rundown of stats for the manufacturers.
My rating system: +1 for lowest, +2 for average, +3 for highest
GRM: Lowest accuracy (+1), average damage (+2), average PP/regen(+2). (Total: +5)
Yohmei: Average acuracy (+2), lowest damage (+1), highest PP/regen (+3). (Total: +6)
Tenora: Highest accuracy (+3), highest damage (+3), lowest PP/regen (+1). (Total: +7)

Using my system, it is obvious that Tenora is the best, especially for Hunters.
However, rangers and forces rely heavily on PP, so unless you plan on spending lots of money on Photon Charges, the better PP/PP regen of Yohmei outweighs the better damage/accuracy of Tenora.

So, ...yeah.

Genobee
Nov 23, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well here is my break down,

Hunter: Swords: Tenora, Pikes: Tenora, Daggers: Tenora, Sabers: Tenora or GRM, Pistol: Tenora, Fists: Tenora or GRM

Realy there are no reason to use Yohemi's for hunters other then just astecticts, If you feel like doing pa's every 5 seconds and doing no damage and just like the way it looks go ahead.

Rangers: Dualies: Yohemi or GRM, Rifle: Yohemi, Machine gun: Tenora, Any thing Melee should be Tenora.

Rangers should be using Tenora melee's because they don't melee offten so you realy want to get maxium damage out of your melee strikes.

Forces: Pistols: Tenora, anything casting; yohemi, and anything Melee: Tenora

Same as rangers any weapon you don't use offten should be tenora to get maxium damage.

Also don't use the Tenora has no PP thing. It realy doesn't matter when you have 6 weapons, If your above lvl 40 and you don't have 6 weapons your doing some thing wrong, there is realy no excuse not to carry 6 weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-23 16:33 ]</font>

Overtaken
Nov 23, 2006, 07:34 PM
Ternora doesn't have enough PP for me. Sure they look kool but they lack the performance I like to have with GRM or Yohmei whenever I need to use a PA.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 23, 2006, 07:34 PM
Lol, I just bought my first Yohmei weapon [a Burzaihoh], and it broke while grinding it. First weapon ive broke grinding too, lol.

MXdude
Nov 23, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-11-23 11:21, Merumeru wrote:
YOHMEI weapons look so goddamn cool XD its not fair...

I think the handguns look like Laser Tag guns >.>

Ryoki
Nov 23, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-11-23 15:35, Kaizah wrote:
is it just me or did they get rid of youmei's melee auto silence ability/glitch?

No. it happens with my spear.

________
Toyota yaris history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Yaris)

Candor
Nov 23, 2006, 09:59 PM
one thing to consider (at least with hunters and rangers) is that ATA does not grind; you can improve PP and ATP. So if you plan on grinding a weapon (and i mean past 4) Tenora would be a good idea. I haven't actually had too much trouble with ATA (haven't fought bugs on B/A yet) so not sure if you should base your choice on this, but it's something to consider.

Zio
Nov 24, 2006, 01:21 AM
I wish my Tenora twin handguns had more PP : / . My twin autoguns have about 200 more pp than my arb biga http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

daylight129
Nov 24, 2006, 01:23 AM
I spam PA's, so Yohmei for me. *shrug

AnamanaAU
Nov 24, 2006, 01:26 AM
I love the damage of Tenora weapons, but the PP just doesn't make it worth using them.

Genobee
Nov 24, 2006, 01:58 AM
Why is ever so couaght up on PA'S? YOu guys act like melee weapons are useless with out? Seriously use tenora daggers I can PA every thing is neudaiz and still have PP left over, if you grind tenora weapons to +2 they gain 4 pp per tick and 5 at +4, ACC never goes up on weapons when grind if you grind Tenora they can have just as much pp as GRM,

Eternal_Drake
Nov 24, 2006, 02:01 AM
TENORA weapons are near useless to grind unless you go all the way. And by all the way I dont mean +7 or +8, because only its last 2 grinds really give anything [and they give alot]

daylight129
Nov 24, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-11-23 22:58, Genobee wrote:
Why is ever so couaght up on PA'S? YOu guys act like melee weapons are useless with out? Seriously use tenora daggers I can PA every thing is neudaiz and still have PP left over, if you grind tenora weapons to +2 they gain 4 pp per tick and 5 at +4, ACC never goes up on weapons when grind if you grind Tenora they can have just as much pp as GRM,

Maybe true. But I don't see where the logic is in that because if you are grinding a tenora weapon to get as much pp as a GRM...why not just grind the GRM :/

Turambar
Nov 24, 2006, 02:03 AM
As an RA, I use GRM rifels exclusively. Its just an aethetics thing, just like I'd go Tenora if I was a HU. The look and feel of a wep is important (maybe too important) to me. Call it a trait carried over from Guild Wars.

Genobee
Nov 24, 2006, 02:04 AM
On 2006-11-23 23:02, daylight129 wrote:

On 2006-11-23 22:58, Genobee wrote:

Maybe true. But I don't see where the logic is in that because if you are grinding a tenora weapon to get as much pp as a GRM...why not just grind the GRM :/

Because GRM will never have the accuracy Tenora does.

Slayer_Aros
Nov 24, 2006, 02:05 AM
I like GRM more then others for hunter weapons personally...no matter what you get your gonna run out of PP and when your out higher atk > panzy hits...but thats just me

Genobee
Nov 24, 2006, 02:08 AM
On 2006-11-23 23:05, Slayer_Aros wrote:
I like GRM more then others for hunter weapons personally...no matter what you get your gonna run out of PP and when your out higher atk > panzy hits...but thats just me

huh that doesn't make sense?

Pengfishh
Nov 24, 2006, 02:11 AM
Eh, once I get the money for it, I'll make some 5* Daggers other than GRM Ripper (which I love) and see which works best for me. I recently switched from an Autogun to a Tenora Handgun (name escapes me because it's weird) and have been pleased with the results. Grinded it to 4 just the same as my Autogun, so it has a good thirty more ATP and one-hundred or so less PP, and does a good 15-20 damage more. Though, since I pair it with the Rippers and since Rippers are so awesome, I rarely empty the thing.

I also use Yohmei Parcanatas because, well, Dus Daggas is lovely and the more of it the better.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 02:14 AM
I wish my Ryo-Betatore's didn't look like price guns. ; ;

I love my new AK-47 though. I had a gay uzi before... this B-Grade AK not only doubled the damage from my GRM Assault +6(yes, +6. a fresh Tenora B grade doubled the damage), it also looks cool. A shame I won't be able to play with it until thursday when I switch to Guntecher. I also synthed a fresh Shigga Amza for myself today after partying with DarkShadowX. Sure, he was 20 levels higher then the mobs we was facing, but his shotgun ruled heaven and earth. I want one now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Going to take Force to 5, then max Hunter. If I have time then i'll mess with Force again.

As for Yohmei doing no damage? Try grinds. You can easily meat and beat anybody else you bump into using GRM weapons, and as often as you're spamming double and triple damage, you can match Tenora as well. Most people using Tenora and GRM don't grind. A pity. Relying on % is fine and all, and boy is it ever powerful, but grinds turn gimps into gods.

Just my two cents.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-23 23:16 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 24, 2006, 02:16 AM
All my tenora are atleast +4