PDA

View Full Version : It would be nice if this game had Hardcore mode

Eternal_Drake
Nov 23, 2006, 02:55 PM
Its as obvious as the sun is bright that it would never happen, but I would love to have Hardcore mode in this game [where if your character dies he is dead for good].

This way once I am past the benchmark where dying actually becomes possible I won't have to be partied with retards and people who are too uber leet hardcore and/or cheapass to carry Scape Dolls.

Just imagining how empty a hardcore server would be is amazing really. [because some people dislike hardcore and because others are retarded].

Kanore
Nov 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
It'd be great if it wasn't for the whole monthly payment thing.

HC mode was a fine idea in Diablo II since you could get screwed over and die, go emo for a few months then come back without wasting any money.

Metempsychic
Nov 23, 2006, 03:04 PM
Sure, I'd like it. It would get rid of people who are too "hardcore" to enjoy the game.

There's also the problem that there's a certian TECHNIC element known as "Dark." Hardcore mode with possibility of one hit K.O.? Better start building up your Dark resistance...

Randomness
Nov 23, 2006, 03:11 PM
Hahaha... You couldnt get it high enough. Isn't it based off your stamina, like other statuses? Or is it MST? But since armor cant negate it...

Eternal_Drake
Nov 23, 2006, 03:14 PM
Better learn to dodge and carry alot of scapes

KiteWolfwood
Nov 23, 2006, 03:22 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g5F_oYo5pss

Edg3
Nov 23, 2006, 03:42 PM
You could just remake your char every time you die http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
XD yah id be totally emo if i died permanently, this would definently not be for me o.o

BooChan
Nov 23, 2006, 03:50 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:22, KiteWolfwood wrote:

OUCH! Its like all the monster all smoked the same crack pipe!! lol. I wonder if that is hardcore enough for you guys. "Be careful of what you wish for,you might just get it"

KiteWolfwood
Nov 23, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:50, BooChan wrote:

On 2006-11-23 12:22, KiteWolfwood wrote:

OUCH! Its like all the monster all smoked the same crack pipe!! lol. I wonder if that is hardcore enough for you guys. "Be careful of what you wish for,you might just get it"

I know they are just crazy lol. This is why I continue to play PSU.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 23, 2006, 04:28 PM
umm, that would be the dumbest idea ever, like i have a level 100 guy and he dies, all that hard work for nothing. no thanks, not my cup of tea.

SpishackCola
Nov 23, 2006, 04:30 PM
I'd assume the hardcore characters wouldn't be your normal guys. Just like D2. I would find it hilarious if they did add some hardcore mode in which half the enemies used megid.

AlMcFly
Nov 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
I would do a hardcore mode, only as a side project type of deal. Don't want to accidentally lose my current "dieable" characters, lol.

Itsuki
Nov 23, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-11-23 12:11, Randomness wrote:
Hahaha... You couldnt get it high enough. Isn't it based off your stamina, like other statuses? Or is it MST? But since armor cant negate it...

Technicalyl speaking, armor can negate. Decent star armor (5 star or above) with like 30% dark or more on a fortecher can lower megid damage to zero. If megid doesn't deal damage, it can't deal a status effect. Basically resulting in immunity to megid. People do this all the time in linear line.

Sad thing is, I know theres many fortechers with like 40%+ dark 6-7 star armor that can take no damage from 90% of the megid in Hive S.

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yay it would be _another_ reason to farm easy quests and complain about how there's so little to do, instead of putting in the time and effort tackling tough missions for your current level. As if S Ranks & time-vs-XP weren't enough.

Metempsychic
Nov 23, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-11-23 14:05, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Sad thing is, I know theres many fortechers with like 40%+ dark 6-7 star armor that can take no damage from 90% of the megid in Hive S.

Which is why I realized after I had made my Armor PM, that it wasn't completely pointless.

SonicTMP
Nov 23, 2006, 10:02 PM
sure lets put in hardcore mode. only lets make it REAL hardcore. if you die, you can't play the game again. ever. Seriously. That's hardcore. No remake a char and start again. you die your done period. I mean your trying to simulate real life with hardcore mode right? so you die your done.

VanHalen
Nov 23, 2006, 10:03 PM
On 2006-11-23 19:02, SonicTMP wrote:
sure lets put in hardcore mode. only lets make it REAL hardcore. if you die, you can't play the game again. ever. Seriously. That's hardcore. No remake a char and start again. you die your done period. I mean your trying to simulate real life with hardcore mode right? so you die your done.

i'd hate to see the person's face of who dies in that mode lol

Vorpal
Nov 23, 2006, 11:34 PM
The TRUE REAL hardcore mode. Die in game, Die in real life.