PDA

View Full Version : Kafka needs to vent. (not an angry rant)

KaFKa
Nov 23, 2006, 04:03 PM
So, I wake up this morning, normal day. Start what little preparations are needed for thanksgiving around my house. (Two people, so not a whole lot to do.) And then, about two hours ago, my wife calls me into the bedroom.

Apparently, she started having severe chest pains and trouble breathing, as well as a hardcore migraine headache. Now, she's never ever had a history of migraines or athsma, so I'm immediately worried. We rush to the ER, and the docs are kind of skittish about it, and look like they themselves are a little panicked. they take her into the back room, and when I try to follow them, one of the nurses say "I know your worried about her, but right now you should go home and try to calm down, there isn't much you would be able to help with right now."

After about half an hour of pacing in the waiting room, the security guy comes and tells me to essentially gtfo since i'm making a scene. After controlling my urge to beat his face into the ground, I get myself home, and I'm still panicked, I'm so worried about her and whats worse is I have no idea whats wrong. I keep trying different health websites and nothing can give me a straight answer, so I'm going back to the ER here in a few minutes, hoping things are looking better.

...oh, happy thanksgiving

Mwabwetumba
Nov 23, 2006, 04:06 PM
Oh my...I know that feeling, and its the worst one there is:(

I wish for your wife to be safe!

ABDUR101
Nov 23, 2006, 05:48 PM
ok, you should have seriously been like, fuck you guys, this is my wife, I'm NOT going home. Creating a scene? I doubt it, unless you were getting very unpleasant with everyone to the point of threatening people. Usually hospitals are abit understanding that, you know, if you're in the ER, emotions run high.

I hope everything is ok man, keep us up to date yeah?

navci
Nov 23, 2006, 07:29 PM
... Why are they trying to keep family out? That's just unreasonable. :<
I hope she is better, and nothing is wrong with her!!

Shadowpawn
Nov 23, 2006, 09:17 PM
Damn, that sucks. Although the security guard didn't have the right to tell you to leave because you were pacing back and forth. You were just worried about you wife, that's all.

Solstis
Nov 23, 2006, 09:57 PM
Wow.

I hope that you're wife will be fine, and the same for you.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 23, 2006, 10:45 PM
Damn KaFKa, I was hoping that things were going well with you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Here's hoping things turn out ok, man.

KojiroAK
Nov 23, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-11-23 16:29, navci wrote:
... Why are they trying to keep family out?

Because some time they need space to maneuver around the person.

And a husband, that's want to hold the hand of his wife all the time could be standing in the way.

So at least it could be better have unnecessary people out of the way, so the people from the ER can do their job.

Kuea
Nov 24, 2006, 06:15 AM
*mini look of shame at hospital*

they really suck... I've not heard even once of a hospital who would tell you to get out because there is nothing you can do... I mean seriously... just being there with her is plenty something to do... >.>

I really hope everything is okay with your wife http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif *huggles KaFKa*

Daikarin
Nov 24, 2006, 07:05 AM
"My wife is having breathing problems, and there is no law that can prevent me from wanting to AT LEAST fucking stay here and be in touch with her"

If the guy would answer that, I wouldn't get the fuck out. Obviously they've never been in your shoes to just tell you to go away.

Good luck with your wife.

KaFKa
Nov 24, 2006, 03:28 PM
Update:

According to the docs and my wife, it was an anxiety attack paired with little remnants of the flu.

She's fine now, and we had a good thanksgiving afterall. I thank everyone for their concern and worry, even though it came out to be nothing, really.

And about the security guard/ER nurses telling me to gtfo: Its normal around here for the ER people to have family and loved ones stay outside, since it really is just a hinderance when they're trying to do their job and save the life of whoever the patient is. And Im not sure wether the guard was just being a dick or if I actually looked like I was gonna beat the shit outta someone... probably a bit of both.

Anyways, thanks again.

/endthread

Kuea
Nov 24, 2006, 03:46 PM
as I said earlier, I am just very happy she is fine :> maybe it's time to take a little vacation :>

and it's good that ya still managed to have a good thanksgiving http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif *huggles La Chupacabra*

Firocket1690
Nov 24, 2006, 07:56 PM
Joy. Not too much you can do about it.(before) Nice to know she's well though.