PDA

View Full Version : does psu suck?

Zelly
Nov 23, 2006, 04:04 PM
do you have to use a credit card for psu? and can you create your own char's on offline? or just a single premade char? and is it expensive?

poll:
Does psu suck?

NinjaSalad
Nov 23, 2006, 04:05 PM
Nope, It kicks ass.

Asra
Nov 23, 2006, 04:08 PM
why do you start a new poll instead of just voting on the existing ones?...every 3 days the same...

Mwabwetumba
Nov 23, 2006, 04:09 PM
I like this game alot.

The sad thing is, whenever I find a game I like, the world conspires against it...
With PSO, I started playing on Xbox last year, and it was kinda...dead:(
I would have loved to be a part of the PSO community when it thrived!

And now with PSU being threatened both from the inside AND the outside..well,blergh:S

But I refuse to give up until the very end!

KiteWolfwood
Nov 23, 2006, 04:10 PM
Not entirely sure what you are asking but I will try anyway.

1)Yes you have to use a credit card. A debit card is fine too.
2)You can create your own characters offline. Beat Chapter 4 in Story mode and extra mode is unlocked. In extra mode you are free to make your own characters.
3)Not sure what you are asking that is expensive. PSU costs $9.99 a month to play Online. There is no fee for offline.

Doh42
Nov 23, 2006, 04:10 PM
I'm tired of telling people "This game is great!" and then they buy it, and tell me "I hate it". So now I say "I love this game!"

I play every night till 2 AM, I hit level 50, maxed all 3 types to 10, and still play every day and night, because I love fighting monsters, building weapons, getting new loot and having a blast with my friends online.

Do you play games to be respected by your peers? to own noobs? to show-off? to make money and have godly gear? This isn't the game; This is in no way a WoW killer, and it has very little E-peen aspect to it; after all, no one really cares how uber your gear is, how powerful your character is, and how cool your new shirt is, because no one will see you, unless you join their game. And when you do, don't expect them to be in awe of your character.

If you play this game to have fun killing monster, experimenting with a fun (although a bit random) crafting system, and leveling your PM's combat level, and your melee arts/bullets/spells, classes, base level, etc... I think it's fun.

Ryoki
Nov 23, 2006, 04:23 PM
Why would you post something about whether PSU sucks on a forum dedicated to the PS series? That's like going to a Christian website and putting a poll on whether you believe in Jesus...

________
1955 Ford (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/1955_Ford)

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-11-23 13:23, Ryoki wrote:
Why would you post something about whether PSU sucks on a forum dedicated to the PS series? That's like going to a Christian website and putting a poll on whether you believe in Jesus...

LOLOL

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 23, 2006, 04:31 PM
I also think that PSU is super awesome. it may not be for everyone, but I won't force them to like this game.

HiKeRI
Nov 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
That made me laugh horribly lol

Mwabwetumba
Nov 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-11-23 13:23, Ryoki wrote:

This forum houses a fair bit of PSU haters as well, though--

SpishackCola
Nov 23, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-11-23 13:04, Zelly wrote:
do you have to use a credit card for psu? and can you create your own char's on offline? or just a single premade char? and is it expensive?

poll:
Does psu suck?

no, u

Vorpal
Nov 23, 2006, 05:02 PM
No, Yes, No, It's your opinion.

I like it, but PSO still has it's nostlagic grip on me.

krika
Nov 23, 2006, 06:34 PM
Dont know why i really dont like PSU. Sure the the patch system "unlocking what you already paid for" really make the game suck but there is something more. Guess it's the atmosphere.
I'll get back to PSU in some months and see how it is.

Untill then, cya in PSO,wow or something.

Choja
Nov 23, 2006, 06:42 PM
Two of my sides clash.
One says that if the community's really great, I'll have fun anytime with a party.
The other says get off the PSU so I can go monopolize the place.
You know which one I would agree on? Community first. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Fun fun fun. "Say, who's that hot newman chick?" "What?"

Kura_Kai
Nov 23, 2006, 06:48 PM
It is a decent game but there are some issues on online mode, don't get thinking that offline mode is like online mode. Online mode lacks a few things right now and the economy on it is lower then the economy on offline mode.

Genobee
Nov 23, 2006, 07:08 PM
Well you have to ask your self, is it worth the money.

XCOPY
Nov 23, 2006, 07:36 PM
-I also don't really like the concept of an "update" being a mere unlocking of something we already got with the initial 60 buck(360's case) purchase. This really does not sit well with me. I really just got online because 2 people I know happen to also be online with the game, and I have a job with very few bills to worry about, so I can afford to "waste" 10 bucks a month just for the hell of it....even if it truly is a rip off.

-The fact that it's a Ps2 game holds it back from how great it could've been in a few interesting ways. It looks nice/serviceable, sure...but imagine how much better it would look if this were next-gen only? 360/Ps3/Weee(possibly) Then, imagine how much deeper the customization could go, though the limited customization could just be poor planning on Sega's part, more than hardware limitation. Creation sucked in PSO, and it's only marginally better here in PSU....there's not enough different clothes, and your hair and eyes(which hardly matter) are the only parts where the player has full color control. This is quite disappointing, and quite limiting. What if I want to make a character with orange skin? CAN'T, because Sega's idea of customization is 4 different jackets, about 3 or 4(!) different types of legs, arms or torsoes for casts, and a choice of hairstyles that happen to look mostly gay or just stupid. Hardware limitation,btw: hair is what, 2 polygons?

-The money situation...real nice that our characters, at least online, have to get by at somewhere below "McDonald's Status" cash flow.....and this is for quite awhile.

It's basically a love/hate relationship with this game for me....there's cool things, but there's lame things that piss on the whole parade. It has such potential to be one of the greatest games of all time, but several things have brought it down a few notches...right down to just a step or two above "sucks.".

sakeru
Nov 23, 2006, 08:41 PM
In short ,if u dont like the game stop playing, and stop talking bad about it to sway others.

Rekitheforce
Nov 23, 2006, 09:05 PM
I think the game is really good. I could probably see where some of the PS2 players would say otherwise (considering the visuals). But no, it's a good game.

VanHalen
Nov 23, 2006, 09:20 PM
this game is awesome i love everything in it except maybe synthesis i like it but i wish i understood it more(would be nice if sega put more on it in the manual lol) but dont listen to the people who bash this game well my opinon is pretty much useless since the cat-like doh42 said everything

MXdude
Nov 23, 2006, 09:34 PM
On 2006-11-23 18:20, VanHalen wrote:
but dont listen to the people who bash this game

Dont listen to people who praise this game either then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Really, you should just read up on it and see if it would interest you. Only you can decide if you like a game or not.

VanHalen
Nov 23, 2006, 09:51 PM
On 2006-11-23 18:34, MXdude wrote:

On 2006-11-23 18:20, VanHalen wrote:
but dont listen to the people who bash this game

Dont listen to people who praise this game either then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Really, you should just read up on it and see if it would interest you. Only you can decide if you like a game or not.

yeah you have a point maybe i should have just said watch video clips but umm yeah your right its more of what you decide

Stryfe1
Nov 23, 2006, 10:10 PM
Very repetitive so far, no real rares at the moment.

No mounts, no real world gameplay, just missions.

Storyline in offline mode kinda sucks.

I feel this game has great potential, just needs better content and more storyline missions.

happy_cricket
Nov 23, 2006, 10:29 PM
I love it, and have loved it since PSO launch. It's my favorite game of all time.

Well okay, behind OoT.

Midicronica
Nov 23, 2006, 10:35 PM
I'm enjoying every bit of the game and see no signs of abandonment any time soon.