PDA

View Full Version : Which techniques will you be focusing on?

Midicronica
Nov 23, 2006, 10:45 PM
With the update slowly crawling near I've been thinking about some of the techniques that will be added to my arsenal. While I'm not sure exactly which ones will be released with this upcoming update I still think about which techniques I will focus my attention on.

Out of all the various types of techniques I'd say the kind that grab my attention the most are the Gi-series techniques. (Gibarta, Gifoie, etc etc) While I maybe incorrect but I believe that these techniques have the ability to hit upto six enemies at a type that's within a circumference of your character and with a little soloing for lvling I'm sure these techniques will be devestating. They will probably ease some of the stress I have with eating enemies with projectory diga or directly infront of you rabarta.Btw, Giresta seems smashing, baby. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So, which will you focus mostly on?

Vorpal
Nov 23, 2006, 11:06 PM
Gi. Ra pretty much sucks, and the regular series is meh, since there is always more than one spawn unless it's a boss.

FenixStryk
Nov 23, 2006, 11:10 PM
From what I know, Diga is a single-target spell. Damudiga is the automatic version. Radiga is multitarget but sucks. Gidiga is... a beefed up Radiga? And what's Nosudiga do? Never heard of it.

Ether
Nov 23, 2006, 11:14 PM
Dam- spells if they ever get released online. Damfoie and Dambarta are insanely good offline

Midicronica
Nov 23, 2006, 11:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken the Nosudiga is the technique that travels along the ground and hits the enemies from underneath. Once lvled to 30 it splits into three seperate waves.

XCOPY
Nov 23, 2006, 11:28 PM
The Gi spells are definitely the best. It is perfect coverage all around the character....Gi hits everything that's close....and of course, GiDiga is probably the #1 overall....big damage, and it looks cool.

Sadly, my online FOnewm is freshly made level 1 status....and I'm not sure I can go back to that now. Leveling up is just so damn slow in the early part of character evolution....eh, actually it just gets worse now that I think of it. Yeah, there's no way I would start a new online character seriously now, and my main character isn't even a high level yet(just a 15 or 16 level beast...yes, I just don't have patience.)

Nosudiga looks awesome, btw....the paralysis effect is great of course.

XCOPY
Nov 23, 2006, 11:30 PM
*Double-post

-Megistar is awesome too. It's perfect with my Beast character offline...since he has such crazy HP, the negative effect isn't an issue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2006-11-23 20:42 ]</font>

PJ
Nov 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
If Dam are the hold ones, then ba to them.

Even if everyone else uses them, I'm gonna go Gi techs. Ra techs just suck out of control.

Ceresa
Nov 24, 2006, 12:11 AM
Damu is supreme in 99% of situations.

Unlimited targets, can hit 8 times(one blast every second) for one cast animation at lvl 21+, lvl 3 status effects, only 12pp per attack, same strength as Gi series. The radius is huge, very little pp wasted if you don't clump enough enemies together etc.

Compare that to the laughable shit that is gi series...2 second cast time with a rod WITH mei/quick, 32pp per cast, inefficient as all hell if you don't hit 6 targets, and you very rarely will with hunter PA sending stuff flying and the lack of rooms with 6 mobs anyways. And to top it off, Gidiga doesn't even have a status effect. At best Gi-techs are half as strong as a competent player using Damu-.

But it's also true you'll have Gi- for a month before damu is unlocked, and Gi is very fast to lvl so there's really no reason to not have them all maxed at 30.
Of course Damu- levels even faster then Gi.

Flamingo99
Nov 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
Going to be a Fortecher so I'm working on the Normal (foie, barta, etc) Ra-, and Gi- spells. Ill most likely take the buff spells too, and if the Debuffs are useful I'll pick them up too. May be one or two damu or nosu for me as of right now though.

Remedy
Nov 24, 2006, 12:54 AM
My elemental rods will look like:

Normal/Gi-/Dam-(if one exists, Ra- if not)/Nosu-(if one exists, something else if not)

PMB960
Nov 24, 2006, 01:29 AM
What no option for all? I am going to level all of them at once and keep them pretty even.

Vorpal
Nov 24, 2006, 01:33 AM
Wands+Gi techs cast pretty fast. Never had any trouble casting on Story Mode, and I didn't have Me/Quick. But Rods are stronger, but I won't be able to use them as a Wartecher.

And how is Gi "Shit"? Only one that is close would be the RA series. And maybe the Nosu series, level 1 foie type was enough to be annoyed by it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vorpal on 2006-11-23 22:34 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 24, 2006, 02:11 AM
Well, I tried all of the techniques offline... I'll be sticking with the Gi- series. Not only would it be a throwback to my FOmar (who got that nice little bonus to the Gi- techniques - which were my favorites, even if they're different now), but the fact that they're all AOE around yourself, makes them the logical choice for my Wartecher... Though I certainly will miss being able to hit 15 targets from across a rather large room with Gizonde.

Also, from my experience, they cast pretty quickly with rods, and without any casting speed-enhancing units. It probably isn't much different online.

SolRiver
Nov 24, 2006, 02:59 AM
lv30 everything.

Focus by element not by tech type.

Sychosis
Nov 24, 2006, 09:00 AM
Dam techs.

Great damage vs 1 enemy, or a room full.

Kanore
Nov 24, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-11-23 23:59, SolRiver wrote:
lv30 everything.

Focus by element not by tech type.

YESH.

I'm gonna get everything to 30 by using the element when it's needed. Trying to 'grind' a spell is boring, tedious and... well, monochromatic. >_>

_Deliverance_
Nov 24, 2006, 11:47 AM
Only spells I see myself ignoring are rafoie, zonde, and barta. Everything else is good once you have them leveled decently. I don't see why people think that the Ra-series sucks. ;>.>

Emo because you can't do as much damage as the hunters, or what?

Niered
Nov 24, 2006, 11:53 AM
Well, IF i was going Guntecher like my original plan was with my male newm, I'd say shifta, deband, reverser, and resta. Since I basically would never get the power of a force, buffs are all I'd be good for. But ever since seeing grenade launchers, Ive been heart set on getting me a fortegunner.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 24, 2006, 12:40 PM
I have a Male Newman who is a future wartecher and a female newman who is a future guntecher. I want my male to have dark and ice magic while my female to have fire magic. my male newman will need space for renkai buyou-zan, buten shuren zan, whatever other twin dagger arts are out there, and maybe rising strike, so that leave at most 32 techs. lemme see, resta, agtal, and defbal are musts, though I would like him to specialize in dark and ice mainly and my newman, lets see, I think I have to plan things out even more. She has the twin handgun, crossbow, and machine gun arts, so thats maybe 18, maybe even more, 14 left with the supports. maybe fire, earth, and thunder techs.