PDA

View Full Version : Baby Dark Falz / Prophallus in PSU

Uncle_Pobatti
Nov 23, 2006, 11:05 PM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4565/babydfco9.jpg

Surely I can't be the first one that noticed this, but doesn't Kamatoze look just like a much smaller and less developed (only one dragon head) version of Dark Falz from PSO? The last time a regular monster resembled Dark Falz, it was Prophallus in PS4 which was a much weaker version of the one from the very first game.

What do you think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

princejake2
Nov 23, 2006, 11:07 PM
I think, you sir, are crazy.

Vorpal
Nov 23, 2006, 11:07 PM
Wow, never noticed that before. It actually does.

Slitz
Nov 23, 2006, 11:36 PM
You're a fanatic..

Celestial
Nov 23, 2006, 11:37 PM
your right, and they are both equally annoying as well.

AlphaMinotaux
put PSO behind you... not everything in this world can be original. but i do see where ya get the idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Invisus
I never noticed it and I don't think it's intentional or at least not with the intent of having them appear related anything beyond keeping within the same artistic style, but it was a nice observation. Good eye http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ether
Nov 23, 2006, 11:38 PM
Chaos Bringer is the missing link

Pengfishh
Nov 23, 2006, 11:57 PM
I like to think I have a prophallus.

peenk
Nov 23, 2006, 11:59 PM
Well some people are prochoice prolife pro-something.
Apperently that mob is prophallus. Interesting.

daylight129
Nov 24, 2006, 12:08 AM
On 2006-11-23 20:59, peenk wrote:
Well some people are prochoice prolife pro-something.
Apperently that mob is prophallus. Interesting.

Ugh.

FenixStryk
Nov 24, 2006, 12:41 AM
Interesting, but the resemblance is rather weak. I do see where you're coming from, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-11-23 21:41 ]</font>

MayLee
Nov 24, 2006, 01:27 AM
I guess it kinda does.

Both really annoying..

Souriya
Nov 24, 2006, 01:33 AM
Yup, he grows up. Then he loses his legs and gets little wiggly things to crawl on.

Sinue_v2
Nov 24, 2006, 02:08 AM
There is a resemblance, but the Komatoze actually decends from this guy...

http://www.phantasystarwiki.com/images/8/84/Horsman1.gif

VelosofLight
Nov 24, 2006, 02:13 AM
What exactly is a Prophallus, and what retard named it that?

Solstis
Nov 24, 2006, 02:15 AM
Actually, I think that it was intentional, but it's probably just for nostalgia. I mean, how many solar systems/planets can rappies be in/on?

VelosofLight
Nov 24, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-11-23 23:15, Solstis wrote:
Actually, I think that it was intentional, but it's probably just for nostalgia. I mean, how many solar systems/planets can rappies be in/on?

ALL OF THEM! RAPPIES ARE ALL-POWERFUL! THEY CAN DIG INTO THE GROUND THROUGH SOLID STONE OR METAL OR WHATEVER, AND DO NOT DIE REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH DAMAGE YOU INFLICT UPON THEM! RAPPIES ARE YOUR GOD!

Sinue_v2
Nov 24, 2006, 02:25 AM
What exactly is a Prophallus

http://www.phantasystarwiki.com/images/5/5b/Drkfalz1.gif

http://www.phantasystarwiki.com/images/8/8e/Prophallus.gif

That is a Phallus/Prophallus. He was the first incarnation of Dark Force seen in the franchise - and would be named Dark Falz in the US, as well as make a return (in name only) for Phantasy Star Online.

They are an extension (in PS) or possibly a contination of (in PSO) of the will of this bad bitch...

http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/pd3anim.gif

... The Profound Darkness.

As for who named them... I'm not sure. Someone in AM7/Sonic Team.

princejake2
Nov 24, 2006, 02:33 AM
The profound darkness is hawt o.o

VelosofLight
Nov 24, 2006, 02:34 AM
I find it funny that something with 'phallus' in it becomes something so obviously female...

Sinue_v2
Nov 24, 2006, 02:42 AM
The profound darkness is hawt

I'd hit it.. as long as she didn't revert back to her previous forms... and then, eh... yeah I'd still probably hit it.

As for the female form - well, it's kind of tradition. The original PD had a female form... Dark Falz had bewbies since it was merged with Rico, and we've yet to see what the final - final boss of PSU is going to be like.

I think it would have been a really cool idea to have had PSU be a prequel to PS and PSO in one continuous storyline. The ancient civilsation on Gurhal - the race which spawned the Great Light and Profound Darkness. The seal idea would work wonderfully as it coincides with a solar-system wide seal for both games. Have Gurhal irrevocably changed by the events... Neudaiz freezing over, ect. At the game's conclusion - have Karen forced to some how sacrifice herself to save the solar system by entering the seal which would cause her to become enveloped by the SeeD and the Darkness.

She would be the core for the Profound Darkness which solidified it into a singular conciousness.. meaning that it's really Karen you're killing when you defeat the PD in PSIV.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-23 23:50 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 24, 2006, 02:45 AM
I think it'd be cool if some old PSO characters made a guest appearance though. Red Ring Rico Tyrell, Heathcliff Flowen, Donoph Baaz, and whoever that crazy Rappy scientist guy way. I liked that guy. Oh, and Dr. Montiague. Yes, I know my spelling sucks.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 24, 2006, 02:48 AM
That PSU enemey looks more like a decedent of that centaur knight enemy from Ps I.

In the orginal JP version of Ps IV that mini Dark Falz was *Proto* Phallus/ FALZ so a better translation would be "Proto Falz"
as in a prototype of Dark Falz. But Sega of America in their sub par english transliteration, badly "translated" (or renamed) many names in Phantasy Star IV.

addendum:

Personally I think that The Seed is the Profound Darkness reborn from a surviving Dark Falz/Force (and I think that Gurahl was orignally the Alis III) {I think PSO's ruins was actually the Noah from Ps II}, and that surviving Dark Force/Falz used other "materials" to evovle into "the Seed",
now it "The Seed" needs A-Photons to maintain it's existence. Just my Hypothesis....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-11-23 23:56 ]</font>

Kakashi_Xero
Nov 24, 2006, 02:48 AM
dont count Mome out him and his uselessness

Sinue_v2
Nov 24, 2006, 03:13 AM
I always considered the Dark Falz from PSO to be the new form of the Profound Darkness. It's much stronger than any previous Dark Falz/Force, and has three forms as well as a female shape (in parts). He's also near impossible to kill - of course, since you don't have the Nei Weapons or Elysdion. You can defeat it... but not kill it.

Gurhal can't be the Alisa III, simply because the solar system consists of three actual planets. The Alisa III was just a ship with domed worlds. You can see certain "window views" from the ruins of PSO, which show massive caverns... likely held up by the remnants of the domes. Your view is just similar to that of being in one of the corridors between worlds. Not to mention that Falz's chamber is at the bottom of what looks to be a dried up lakebed... which seems to signify the "Sunken Palace" to me. Falz's obelisk and the stone flooring near the graves is just icing on the cake.

In contrast.. the Noah was more of a Colony ship, not a world ship. Or at least, that is the impression I got.

Now, if you assume the storylines are connected.. then the ruins might also not be the Alisa III - but the Neo-Palm. They were the only two to escape Algol, and they also had their own Dark Force aboard.

The idea that PSO and PS are connected is pretty flawed, and still debated in a fanfiction sence. Throwing PSU into the mix is just adding fubar to the whole situation. Though I still like the idea of having all three franchises connected.

I do lean a little more to the idea that should PSU be in any way connected - it's a prequel. Partially because of the setup in offline mode, and partialy because we've got million upon millions of years worth of untold stories since the time of the war between the light and darkness. Though it's easy to connect SeeD to Dark Falz of PSO thru the similar "G.E.R.M" found in Ep III.

Hopefully the online story missions will clear up a lot of details, and set a decent course to speculate and fan-fictionionalize on.

Ryogen
Nov 24, 2006, 03:34 AM
There is like 3-4 Creatures in PSU that resembles Dark Falz. There is about 2 of them on Guardians Colony.

Alisha
Nov 24, 2006, 03:56 AM
On 2006-11-23 23:48, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
That PSU enemey looks more like a decedent of that centaur knight enemy from Ps I.

In the orginal JP version of Ps IV that mini Dark Falz was *Proto* Phallus/ FALZ so a better translation would be "Proto Falz"
as in a prototype of Dark Falz. But Sega of America in their sub par english transliteration, badly "translated" (or renamed) many names in Phantasy Star IV.

addendum:

Personally I think that The Seed is the Profound Darkness reborn from a surviving Dark Falz/Force (and I think that Gurahl was orignally the Alis III) {I think PSO's ruins was actually the Noah from Ps II}, and that surviving Dark Force/Falz used other "materials" to evovle into "the Seed",
now it "The Seed" needs A-Photons to maintain it's existence. Just my Hypothesis....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-11-23 23:56 ]</font>

actually you could say that A-photons and the relics are associated with the great light. svaltus and those horse guys look very similar to those guys on rykros. wich would give the seed reason to be after A-photons. you could maybee even say that chaz and co. failed at the end of ps4.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 24, 2006, 04:09 AM
I think they are connected.

Maybe the planets are not the Alisa III. But I think the three worlds are "artificial", created worlds that are really world-ships; ones that have been modified over many hundreds of years so they no longer have domes or tube-connectors of the Algol world ships.

So maybe Gurahl planets are the remnants of the Neo-Palma World Ship (after a thousand years or more have passed, changes made, etc) Look how the worlds are to close together, they have no natural moons, and have "ruins" (the Relics) of advanced tech buried in them and each world resembles the planets of Algol with similar names, and they have a defense system that when activated and linked seem to function like the Great Seal.

I think the Seed destoyed Earth and the other world-segments of the Neo-Palm, but the "Protectors" of Neo Palma managed to drive away the SEED( new Profound Darkness). And over time renamed the Solar System "Gurahl" and the Parum et all became the new "Earth" as in the theme song says "we're on the same ship, it's called starship Earth.."

Just my hypothesis. I know it's not cannon and not that provable. But it's just my speculative hypothesis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-11-24 01:14 ]</font>

PJesus
Nov 24, 2006, 08:24 AM
On 2006-11-23 23:48, Kakashi_Xero wrote:
dont count Mome out him and his uselessness

Did you know that Mome is an archaic word meaning Moron?

Sinue_v2
Nov 24, 2006, 06:54 PM
All I'm saying is that you should base your speculation at least on plausable scenarios which fit with past events in PS cannonity. The Alisa III and Neo-Palm, for example, are nowhere NEAR large enough to create entire planets from. They're not even the size of a large continent. After all, these ships used to be docked on Palma - and there were HUNDREDS of them. 300-some I believe, though most of them either landed back on other planets in Algol, were destoryed by Dark Force, and only two escaped entirely out into space. The Alisa III, in two endings, is shown landing on planets. One being the Earth, and the other being an unspecified planet - which I've come to reguard as Ragol provided you assume the storylines are conncted.

Furthermore, Gurhal did have moons - Moatoob in particular. However it's moon was destoryed durring the great wars which were waged between the races. Hence, the rings around Moatoob.

As for the planets being close to one another - it's possible that this is just a property of the "Conjunction", and event that only happens once every 1,000 years. Then again, I suppose that wouldn't jive with PS lore either, as I don't recall the planets of Algol ever lining up so perfectly either. Then again.. much can change. Durring another conjunction, between the time of PSI and PSII, the orbits of Palma and Motavia actually switched with apperantly no affect to the seal.

Rekitheforce
Nov 24, 2006, 07:10 PM
They look alike. Good eye.

ChocoboChad
Nov 24, 2006, 07:32 PM
Oi. It's interesting reading all this stuff about earlier Phantasy Star games, which I never played...

I never thought of that thing looking like Dark Falz, but it sure does sound like Olga Flow...