PDA

View Full Version : about the classes

Jelaine
Nov 24, 2006, 01:55 AM
I was just in a party and one guy said that once you hit the lvl cap there was no use in lvling a new class since the class lvl wouldn't give any boosts to your stats is that true?

BloodDragoon
Nov 24, 2006, 01:57 AM
The point of leveling other classes is to increase the class's stats. And to access the expert classes that should be getting unlocked soon for online play.

Jelaine
Nov 24, 2006, 02:12 AM
ok so I will get a boost when my class lvls then. do you have any idea what this server matenance will update?

Kent
Nov 24, 2006, 02:20 AM
This is just routine server maintenance. They do it every week.

Your additional status from levelling up a type don't carry over when you change into a different one, unfortunately... As it stands, the only reasons to level up different ones are if you've already capped out your mission points for one type and don't want them to go to waste, you feel like playing a different type, or you're trying to meet the requirements for an expert class.

EphekZ
Nov 24, 2006, 02:23 AM
you don't need to cap it. unless you're going to a forte- class.

Jelaine
Nov 24, 2006, 02:29 AM
well I'm a Hunter/Beast and I was going to go for a Foce when I hit 10 Hunter so after I hit lvl 50-60 what ever is the max I still get the stat boost from the new class I decide to lvl right? like right now I'm Hunter/Beast after Hunter 10 I go and change to Ranger/Beast and if I hit max cheracter lvl I still get the Ranger boosts from the Ranger class lvling. Because the person in the party said once you hit max lvl you dont get the class boost even tho it lvls

I also like to be all jobs whats the best race to do all jobs/classes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jelaine on 2006-11-23 23:32 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 24, 2006, 02:36 AM
Logically, the best choice if you want to do everything well, would be Human. Human would probably also be the best choice for one of the hybrid Expert Types, Wartecher (which does a wide range of things, already).

Magician
Nov 24, 2006, 09:20 AM
On 2006-11-23 23:29, Jelaine wrote:
well I'm a Hunter/Beast and I was going to go for a Foce when I hit 10 Hunter so after I hit lvl 50-60 what ever is the max I still get the stat boost from the new class I decide to lvl right? like right now I'm Hunter/Beast after Hunter 10 I go and change to Ranger/Beast and if I hit max cheracter lvl I still get the Ranger boosts from the Ranger class lvling. Because the person in the party said once you hit max lvl you dont get the class boost even tho it lvls

I also like to be all jobs whats the best race to do all jobs/classes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jelaine on 2006-11-23 23:32 ]</font>

Character levels are based on experience points earned, Job/Class levels are based on mission points earned. Character level and Job/Class level are independent from each other. If you hit the Character level max, which is fifty, that will not stop you from gaining Job/Class levels. Either you misinterpreted the person that was in your party, or he/she was incorrect.

Wartecher can perform the abilities of each job, but not as well as the forte expert classes, which do each job/class very well. Wartecher does: hunter well, force well, and ranger poorly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-11-24 06:21 ]</font>

Auronp
Nov 24, 2006, 10:24 AM
I have a quick question about the expert classes. When you hit the required lvl for w/e class you want do you then have to pay to get the expert class (i.e. is it like switching between hunter and force, where there is a fee).

Jelaine
Nov 24, 2006, 06:48 PM
I'm sure you'll still have to pay to change your job/class even though you have unlocked the expert jobs/classes

NewApocolypse
Nov 25, 2006, 08:21 AM
Nah because u have to have a certain lvl in each class that will qualify u into being that class example: if u have a 5 in ranger and a 3 in force u will be a Guntecher.

Randomness
Nov 25, 2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, theres a fee for changing class. Pretty sure its still there for experts.

Arieta
Nov 25, 2006, 10:29 AM
Just remember it takes a *ton* of mission points to level up these expert classes. And you'll also be a *lot* weaker once we all switch to our expert classes. Why? Because we'll go from level 10 job to level 1, you'll notice a big hit to your stats because of that. My advice would be to take it slow at first when you get the expert class and get used to your new stats/hp/damage.

Natrokos
Nov 25, 2006, 11:42 AM
^ The Expert classes also have a higher statistical average. I doubt we will have any trouble.

Lyrise
Nov 25, 2006, 11:46 AM
You may have some trouble...the Hi-classes do take a ton more fxp to clear. I think at about 6, you're going well over 1000 points a level.