PDA

View Full Version : PSU - very RF-Online.. ish??

GUN
Nov 24, 2006, 08:18 AM
I was looking at some of the screenies, and having played through story past chapter 4 on PSU, and it has occurred to me that PSU is very similar looks wise to RF-Online, surprise surpries, another Sega franchise, the animation in th way chars run is a little lame on pSU (felt it looked better on PSO) and it's just like that on RF-Online.

Still, just an observation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GUN on 2006-11-24 05:19 ]</font>

Kanore
Nov 24, 2006, 09:12 AM
I think it looks like PSO.

Diablohead
Nov 24, 2006, 09:34 AM
Sega published RF online, not make it. For what I know anyway.

I got rf online and apart from the faces of the models looking semi related, the whole experiance is different. The faces only relate because both games are based on anime.

GUN
Nov 24, 2006, 09:38 AM
As I said, just an observation, however they have updated it quite substancially, Ver 2 I think, check out the link;

http://www.rf-online.com and press skip at intro http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GUN on 2006-11-24 06:38 ]</font>

Edg3
Nov 24, 2006, 10:04 AM
It's felt similar at times but PSU is a lot more involved as following the PSO tradition.

HiKeRI
Nov 24, 2006, 10:44 AM
Actually i tried RF: Online but it felt like there was no meaning on playing that game, the PvP was fun though

Edg3
Nov 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
RF was based around the Chip wars and PvP. Everything else was hollow grinding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edg3 on 2006-11-24 08:04 ]</font>

Niered
Nov 24, 2006, 11:42 AM
I can see how one might think that. They do hve races taht correspond directly basically, although I think that RF is a wee bit prettier (only cause fo polygon count)

Kurushii
Nov 24, 2006, 12:28 PM
ya.. I don't know what you see but PSU reminds me nothing of RF-Online, and I playied the hell out of both games. CCR Inc is the creators of RF-Online btw.

peenk
Nov 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
The only reason you can compare RFO and PSU is they are both flops. Thats as far as the comparison goes ... and says it all. Don't bother with RFO.

SolRiver
Nov 24, 2006, 12:59 PM
When I first saw RF-Online, it remind me of PSO. While when I first saw PSU, it remind me of PSO.

I tried RF-online a bit, and couldn't stand the little thing they put in for us to grind. (Running with stamina? I can't even get from one place to another without needing to stop in the middle and waste my time resting? bye bye)

KitsuneKing
Nov 24, 2006, 01:30 PM
lol RF

it was fun for awhile.. but with all the bugs, friends leaving, and retards.. i decided to leave. grinding was kinda fun.. so was the pvp.. that's what i miss the most.

Genobee
Nov 24, 2006, 01:50 PM
OMg RF...........Atleast it was pretty? thats all I realy have to say about that.... Did anyone know Shirow Masamune was the art directer? to bad he didn't write the scripts...