PDA

View Full Version : Remember new players, play Tutorial!

Rizen
Nov 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
I know it might sound silly, but its really worth it. You get your first PA for your saber along with some other items to help you along from the mission part. It also tells you about some aspects of online game play that might confuse you.

Also, another thing, if you hear a weird noise and see something pop up on the bottom left of your screen press Z(I think L2 or R2 on PS2...but the icon will tell you which button to press) to receive whatever it is.

Dhylec
Nov 24, 2006, 11:04 AM
Heh, Riz, this means some have met ya without going through the tutorial?

Rizen
Nov 24, 2006, 11:09 AM
XD Yes. Kinda, funny. They run up to me saying 'Hi Rizen!' and we talk a bit and ask a few things, they say 'Maybe I should have played tutorial first..."

I really dont mind explaining things to people. Hell, I had a hard time even after playing Tutorial playing online. Its fun to talk to them and they all seem to be very interesting people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sydz
Nov 24, 2006, 11:11 AM
Getting the NPC partner card isnt such a bad thing either, unless you are a newman. Maya is so useless.

Rizen
Nov 24, 2006, 11:13 AM
I wouldnt say shes useless. I mean...at least shes not Hyuga...*cough*

Shes one of those NPCs that start off kinda sucky and ends up being very useful. She heals alot more than the other NPCs and she does ok nukes from time to time. Occasionally, her bow does Burn to an enemy that helps even more.

Ryogen
Nov 24, 2006, 11:14 AM
Hey Hyuga is pretty good...just fancy with his work.

etlitch
Nov 24, 2006, 11:14 AM
I wish this was posted slightly earlier, because it would have helped me greatly during my first 4 days playing PSU.

Rizen
Nov 24, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hehe, should have said something on Ranger thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chisa
Nov 24, 2006, 11:19 AM
yeah i did the tutorial when i first started too, after my friend told me when I joined the benefits, plus found out alot of useful information that cleared some clouds along the way. read the tutorial, ask questions later. it's kinda silly to ask questions that are answered in the tutorial from someone who has supposedly gone through it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Cry0
Nov 24, 2006, 12:07 PM
meh, i us maya too. if yu're lucky, she'll use shifta or another form of buff. or heal you. only other npc i use is leo. at least he does't die half as much as the others...

Shinou
Nov 24, 2006, 12:20 PM
if you guys need any help just let me know if you see me. my ingame is Kamin

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 24, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-11-24 08:13, Rizen wrote:
I wouldnt say shes useless. I mean...at least shes not Hyuga...*cough*

Shes one of those NPCs that start off kinda sucky and ends up being very useful. She heals alot more than the other NPCs and she does ok nukes from time to time. Occasionally, her bow does Burn to an enemy that helps even more.

yeah, I like Maya too. too bad you can't get her card if you aren't a Newman. Well, I don't mind cuz 1/2 of my characters are newmans.

Niered
Nov 24, 2006, 12:55 PM
Maya basically amounts to eye candy that follows you, casts resta once ever half hour, and OCCASIONALLY sees fit to cast an attack spell. Other then that, shes not that useful.

Good thing Im a sucker for eye candy eh? =P

Randomness
Nov 24, 2006, 01:16 PM
Tutorial is nice, but it would be better if the disk corresponded to class... Rising Strike is pointless for a force...