PDA

View Full Version : rangers underpowered?

kwilson0101
Nov 24, 2006, 01:48 PM
i guess im posting this cause im kinda getting fed up with rangers. I still cant solo B missions (lvl 40)... i can but it will take forever along with costing me a pretty penny. anyone know if their gonna "upgrade" rangers ... thanx in advance

Diablohead
Nov 24, 2006, 01:50 PM
Rangers are support more or less, don't expect to be a powerhouse when you play solo with them.

Niered
Nov 24, 2006, 01:53 PM
Oh god not another one of these...rangers are not meant for power. You cant solo things at the same rate of other character classes. Why? Because rangers (especially at higher levels) are support. Why do you think that they were given insanely good status effect abilities? So that they can distract enemies so that the hunters dont get raped. Thats a rangers job. If you dont like it, I suggest changing to hunter, or becoming a Figunner next week.

Wheatpenny
Nov 24, 2006, 01:56 PM
Rangers
Purpouse:To screw with the mobs so they can't do jack.(Which can be quite funny watching a mob hit with a lightning bullet stand there and do nothing)
and BTW I am a 45 hunter and I still can't reliably solo B missions so don't feel bad.

panzer_unit
Nov 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
I solo B missions all the time with my ranger. They don't suck for damage if they use shotguns and lots of burn statuses... it just doesn't all come at once like it does for hunters.

This whole "rangers can't do damage" thing is retarded. It's like saying "nanoblast can't do damage" because some Cast comes along and blows your target away with his SUV attack before you can hit it a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2006-11-24 11:02 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 24, 2006, 02:02 PM
Personally, as a 45 hunter, I don't even bother with B rank missions solo because the monsters have probably twice the health as they do in C, but only give like 10 extra exp. It's a huge waste of PP and time.

Doh42
Nov 24, 2006, 02:09 PM
Wallin hit the nail right on the head. I have a beast 50 Hunter 10 with 15 B ranked weapons on me... I need to recharge my weapons 2-3 times per run of a B-ranked difficulty mission (Holy Ground B). That ends up costing me nearly 1.5k meseta in recharges.

Please. Ranger don't do bad damage; B ranked missions are just NOT meant to be solo'ed. Do you even bring your PM and NPC out? Do you use "Shifta" Potions? (Agartide?) Did you grind your guns? Are you using 4-5* weapons? Do you have spare weapons? Do you have gun/melee combo (To cut on recharge)?

Wheatpenny
Nov 24, 2006, 02:18 PM
IMO B rank missions are probably only meant to be Solo'ed at level 60 or above.

Rizen
Nov 24, 2006, 02:55 PM
I will just say read through my topic in my sig.

BioWarrior
Nov 24, 2006, 03:00 PM
GRIND your guns and try to get lv20 bullets or near it, and your damage will be much much higher, also burn really helps on the big monsters with alot of HP, which rifle at 11+ can burn often

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 24, 2006, 03:15 PM
lvl 46 force and while I can solo B missions and even A missions its because I take my 410 with me, I suggjest you do the same.

let your PM do the damage while you support it and you will be golden.

It takes a crap load of PP to solo B+ missions for me as a force.

lvl 47^^ forgot i lvled not long ago

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-24 12:16 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Nov 24, 2006, 06:06 PM
I'm a 41 ranger and I solo B ranks all the time when I don't have money to buy materials. I don't even use a rifle but I'm still able to solo

Shinnaki
Nov 24, 2006, 06:12 PM
B missions will become a lot easier to do once the update makes proper gear and the new classes available.

All those poor level 50's still using B rank weapons. :S I feel for them.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 06:59 PM
1) Level Hunter from Relic B missions.
2) Buy/Create a full compliment of Dark weapons. I suggest Twin Rippers because those are just fun.
3) Make sure your PAs are leveled up.
4) Solo the bejeesus out of Relic B. I can do it pretty quickly at level 50 as a Beast Hunter. My 40 Newman Hunter struggles.

Make sure you have armor with an Extra slot. Equip the Me/Restore. It helps a ton.

Ranger just isn't meant to "Farm" mobs 5 levels below you. Hell, I can't even farm Hakura Temple A yet on my Hunter; and if I can't do it then you sure as hell can't either and walk away with much profit as a Ranger. I can solo it, sure, but it's not the most ideal place to farm because it takes a while. A long while. 99% of my attacks are plain melee strikes. I have Shock weapons so that helps... I save the PAs for when i'm surrounded. When i'm in a party though, hehe, i'm a regular PA Spammer/Waster. :3

Just solo C missions on Neudaiz. Relics is good. Vendor your weapon drops, and only keep stackable items. When you max them out return to town and put them in a shop, or upgrade them and synth weapons with them. That's what I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 16:05 ]</font>

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 12:32 AM
Rangers can't solo as quickly as forces or hunters can, but we can do it a helluvalot safer! >_>

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 25, 2006, 12:50 AM
If it doesnt do l33t damage its useless!!!!!11

KiteWolfwood
Nov 25, 2006, 12:50 AM
Get this straight people. Rangers are not underpowered. Hunters and Forces are just overpowered.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 01:01 AM
Well I don't do 5000 damage a second like the other classes, even though I can afflict 4 different status effects and I can actually use traps and all my attacks are from range [shotgun varying], but because I dont do raw damage I am underpowered and useless; God, I have a great train of logic.

Kent
Nov 25, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-11-24 21:50, KiteWolfwood wrote:
Get this straight people. Rangers are not underpowered. Hunters and Forces are just overpowered.

...Which would make Rangers underpowered by comparison. Comparison, of course, being the origin of "overpowered" and "underpowered."

Funny how logic works, isn't it?

Ifrian
Nov 25, 2006, 06:07 AM
learn to play your class

pve server that way ---------->

oops .... sorry . i just got a world of warcraft flashback.

Carbinne
Nov 25, 2006, 07:10 AM
Friend of mine used a Burn Trap G to set an A Rank Gol Dova on fire. Thing took over 1000 damage a tick. Pretty good damage if you ask me! Personally I just switched back to lv.10 Ranger from lv. 10 Hunter and damage is disappointing. Proc rate is disappointing. Glacial bullet art exp gain is disappointing. Having to reorganize and regrind my weapon choices is disappointing.

But keeping enemies under constant rifle spam so they don't throw spells all over the damn place makes me feel worthwhile, though. Feels so good to be able to hit stuff from across the room with something with more range than those pistols.

sakeru
Nov 25, 2006, 08:01 AM
Heck , rangers is extremely good class to me , its like my second choice next to force, I dont like meleeing anything . I love sniping stuff ,killing it ,and getting the hell out there . So for me ranger class is the bomb.

Shinnaki
Nov 25, 2006, 08:09 AM
I used to be a Ranger. It was fun shooting pew-pews all over the place, but I sort of missed being a Hunter. :/

It was the only class I played back in PSO, so I switched back. In the long run, I plan to alternate between Fortefighter and Fortegunner as needed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Grr
Nov 25, 2006, 09:40 AM
Several damage options for Ranger (and remember adv. classes are coming so itll branch of):

Tenenora Dualies : match the right element (level those bullets !) with Arb Biga and you can easily break 160/160 (320/shot)

Per shot , the Shigga Amza wins. i do 110-115 on fire mob with level 20 ice , and crits for 160-170
, so with one crit , you have aroud 600 damage.

As for rifes , Burn (SE3 , lvl 11 or higher)on A rank Bil De Vear and Crocs (forget name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif) will do 703(!! cant wait for SE4) dmg/tick. yep , they have the same HP.

Also , even though your a ranger , always ALWAYS carry something for bullet resistant monsters. when i see those pointy Rhino thhings in valley of carnage , i pull out a 25% dark Mukpat +6 i made and start spamming Dus Daggas , easiy over 800 a push , and since i only use it for those , the Pp usally stays in tact. (note: once i can burn/freeze stuff like that on a constant basis , i may even use spear less)

I personally use three Yohmei 5*s +5 (high Acc and more chances with more PP= more status compared to GRM) A shotty , and a dualie (to keep those skills leveled) and that mukpat.

Neith
Nov 25, 2006, 11:43 AM
Rangers doing low damage is right. They were overpowered in PSO, and could (arguably) melee better than a Hunter >_>

Ranger now is a total support role, they're very useful, but don't deal much damage.

Kil
Nov 25, 2006, 11:43 AM
What B is this? With all of the exploitable walls in Raffon Relics, I have no trouble soloing A with a ranger.

BioWarrior
Nov 25, 2006, 12:11 PM
On 2006-11-25 08:43, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Rangers doing low damage is right. They were overpowered in PSO, and could (arguably) melee better than a Hunter >_>

Ranger now is a total support role, they're very useful, but don't deal much damage.

Eh ranger isn't TOTAL suport, but I can't deny RA should be using useful bullet arts for the current area, which burn is pretty good in most A-rank missions, however with lv20 bullet PAs which add 35-40% more damage per shot... RA can toss out pretty numbers too on high grind weapons which people are too scared to attempt, and most people are just too lazy to level up their bullets.

lavosmanx
Nov 26, 2006, 02:18 AM
I'll tell you something retarded... the shotguns. Their so underpowered its funny. Can anyone actually tell me why'd you use one when you can just strafe with a pair or single handgun or mechgun? I mean comon!

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-11-25 23:18, lavosmanx wrote:
I'll tell you something retarded... the shotguns. Their so underpowered its funny. Can anyone actually tell me why'd you use one when you can just strafe with a pair or single handgun or mechgun? I mean comon!

Even though I doubt you have played a ranger, try actually getting its PA to 11 before you say shit. I have a Shigga Amza +5, lvl 20 Barada Riga, and unless my target has high def, it easily puts out more damage than my +4 Arb Biga or my +5 Vullseye, depending on element of my target.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:04 AM
If you want to solo B missions, get a 400-series PM. I'm a level 31 Ranger, and I can take my 410 along and burn through most B-rank missions with ease. I take Lou along too though, to make it quicker.

Tarathiel
Nov 26, 2006, 03:08 AM
yea i dont really like how underpowered they are every class should be able to solo.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-11-26 00:08, Tarathiel wrote:
yea i dont really like how underpowered they are every class should be able to solo.

Every class can solo, it just takes some sense.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 03:19 AM
On 2006-11-25 23:18, lavosmanx wrote:
I'll tell you something retarded... the shotguns. Their so underpowered its funny. Can anyone actually tell me why'd you use one when you can just strafe with a pair or single handgun or mechgun? I mean comon!Erm... do you like, ever, get close with them? All four hits hitting one target can do some good damage.

My Level 18 FCast Ranger has a 4* Shotgun with Level 12 Barada Riga, and each shot does about 40 damage in B-rank missions. That's 160 damage, if I get in close and lay it all in one enemy's face. My Rifles, on the other hand, with level 7-10 bullets, only do about 70 damage.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:21 AM
Right on, Remedy! I have a 5* Shotgun and level 17 Barada Riga, and that thing tears through mobs like paper now. Also, 5x the chance of freezing. It's also good on boxes, never seems to run out on me, and if I'm doing easy missions or fighting the smaller mobs, I can just stay back and wipe out the lot of 'em.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 03:29 AM
This is what Rangers were capable of in PSO:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1295/screen00mw7.jpg

This is what Rangers are capable of in PSU:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/581/catgunsigie4.gif

Anybody disagree?

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:30 AM
Little does Garnet_Moon know, the cat-gun is actually an anti-matter ray. Better than nukes. Bum bum buuum....

Remedy, it's actually an item called Neko Rifle. A 13* rare. Yes, I know, I was astounded too, but just look at how she's holding it. Very 13-stars-y.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-11-26 00:32 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 03:30 AM
I disagree.

I have yet to find a Cat Handgun, and until I have one, I disagree entirely.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 03:33 AM
Orly?

Well then. I could go for that.

How much you wanna bet there's no corresponding 13* rod for Forces? *headdesk*

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:35 AM
-not completely sure if you're serious or not-
I just can't tell anymore...

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 03:39 AM
-is not serious at all, just like you-

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 03:40 AM
I think I found your 13* rod.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8637/ratflailju0.jpg

It may not be it though. I've seen a ton of fake pics online concerning this matter... this may very well be fake too.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:42 AM
No, no, you're confused. That's a 13* Wand.

This is the Rod:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/actionjackson131/longcat.gif

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 04:23 AM
(WTF? XD)

Oh good, ST decided to quit screwing over Forces for once. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nietzsche
Nov 26, 2006, 04:39 AM
Velos i think your mistaken, from what i understand that's the 13* polearm

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 04:45 AM
Oh damn, is it? Are you sure?

I bet the 13* fan is a Stingray meme. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif